PDA

View Full Version : using pyromancers map maker

inuroku842
December 27th, 2012, 22:18
Is anyone proficient with using the pyromancers map maker? I've tried using it before and every time I do I always get these ridiculously oversized maps when I open them in Fantasy Grounds. The maps take up the entire screen and then some. Anyone know about this problem and what to do about it?

Trenloe
December 27th, 2012, 22:36
When you export to JPG,PNG what cell size do you use? The cell size will give you that many pixels (in the X and Y direction) for each square you have in your map.

The default is 32 pixels - so, if you have a 50 x 50 map, it will be 1600 x 1600 pixels (at the default cell size).

Of course, some people like big, detailed maps. If they are too large for the FG screen when you load them, simply zoom out and resize until you can see the portion you want to on your screen.

damned
December 28th, 2012, 00:02
and always open up map in an image editor afterwards and you can try exporting to different formats and different quality/compression. try jpg 60% as a good test to reduce size. only export as much map as you need. you can also use your editor to crop excess area off or to slice into 2 or more chunks if that helps. also once map is loaded, resize frame to size you are comfortable with and zoom in (or out) to section of map you are currently in and just show that...

lachancery
December 28th, 2012, 02:11
Right in topic, but a different inquiry: pyromancer allows to use custom textures & symbols. Has anyone created such resources to improve the graphical look of the generated maps?

Griogre
December 31st, 2012, 19:27
I've used it once to test it, but because its online you have to upload the assets each time so its slow and I didn't think it was worth it.