PDA

View Full Version : Quick and Dirty Module Creation

unerwünscht
December 25th, 2012, 23:09
1- Launch FG2 and create a new campaign called "Library Module Creation" (it's just a sample)

2- Click on the Story icon and create a few Story entries with stuff intended, for instance from copying and pasting from a PDF document. Format the text for arranging the lines correctly and specify which words are headers, bold or italic. Summarizing: just use the FG2 Story editing tools here.

3- Write /export and fill the following fields: Name, File Name, Author and Index Group -you'll add the thumbnail later.

4- Under "Exported Data" click on 'Story' and on the "I" option.

5- Right click and select "Export": it will say "Module exported successfully".

6- You can close or minimize FG2 for now; although it's not really needed.

7- Go to your FG2 AppData folder, open the Modules folder and look for the .mod file that you just created. Select it and open with WinRar.

8- Double click on the db.xml file for opening it in an XML editor -you can use even Notepad.

9- Find/Replace the following tags and words in all its instances:
<encounter> for <data>
</encounter> for </data>
encounter.id for data.id
encounterid for dataid

10- Save the modified XML file and confirm changes in the rar file.

11- Drag and drop into the Winrar window a suitable thumbnail file.

12- Reopen or return to FG2 and launch the same campaign, "Library Module Creation", click on the Story icon and delete/kill all the story entries.

13- Open the Module Activation Window and look for your just created library module: you are done, open it and check your Library! There are no duplication in the Story entries!

viresanimi
December 26th, 2012, 21:47
Thanks for the write up. I shall have a look at it for sure.

Vires Animi

(( I'd still prefer an in program option though, instead of going through these haxxx *grins* ))