PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Installing via WineBottler on a Mac

jajen2003
December 25th, 2012, 19:09
Hello all,

I could use some help installing FGII on my Mac via WineBottler. I've gone through all the video tutorials on how to use WineBottler to convert the .exe file to a .app file.

Then, when I open up the .app file, I get the FGII Updater dialogue box, but no install screen. I've updated it about 3 times now. I've clicked on settings and made sure that all my purchase key information is correct and all my products show up.

But when it completes it update, there's no button to install. Nothing to get me to the actual UI game board, etc.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Is there anychance that SmiteWorks might be just develop FG for Mac, instead of having to do all these work arounds? It would save a tons of time and really open their market share.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Jake

Zeus
December 25th, 2012, 23:05
I created some how to guides (including one for Wine Bottler) in the House of Healing forum. However I would recommend WineSkin over WineBottler.

I recently switched from WineBottler to WineSkin as the introduction of XQuartZ in 10.8.x OS X messed up WineBottler for me.

Theres a step by step guide here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=139567#post139567) (see first post) which you may find more useful. The guide is confirmed as working with the latest versions of OS X (10.8.2), WineSkin 2.5.8, Wine 1.5_19 and FGII 2.9.x.

Hope this helps.

damned
December 26th, 2012, 02:41
ive had a couple of mac players in my group and i have pointed them at DrZeus's post and they have all worked thru without further assistance :)