PDA

View Full Version : Evernight - Savage Worlds

Isembard
December 24th, 2012, 18:15
3-5 players needed.
+/- 0 GMT.
Friday or Saturday nights (majority rules)
Starting in January 2013

Looking for players to run through Evernight. It's classic fantasy with a dark twist, a really great story.
There is very little added that isn't in the Savage Worlds Deluxe Core Rulebook so I think its a good way to learn the system if you haven't tried it before.
Hoping to start this in January 2013 if there is enough interest. Long term I'd like to run adventures in a number of settings from 50 Fathoms to Realms of Cthulhu or Savage Suzerain to Savage Supers, or Sundered Skies to Nemezis. I hope you get the idea.
If you don't fancy Evernight and would like to play one of the other settings listed let me know also. I just want to get a game going and I am happy to run anything that generates interest and gets me a game.
Have a Merry Christmas.

Darkling420
December 24th, 2012, 20:26
I would be down for this. I have been wanting to play SW for a bit, and have yet to try it out. Friday or Saturday is good for me. Due to work, my ideal start time would be 8pm GMT +3.

Isembard
December 24th, 2012, 20:40
Darkling. Glad you are interested. Also glad you are willing to give different setting a try having already shown interest in my Horror game. Well, all we need now is a couple more players and we're good to go.

Isembard
December 24th, 2012, 20:41
Could you sign up for this on the Game Calendar also. Thanks.

Fait
December 25th, 2012, 04:00
Never done and SW but it seems interesting. I would be down for this except for two things, I'm -7 mountain time, so figuring out when you plan to do it would be a necessary. Secondly, as stated, I've never done SW so I'd need to learn. Otherwise, I'm an interested party

Darkling420
December 25th, 2012, 11:28
Any setting will be fine, and I'll hit the calendar up...:D

scofsins
December 31st, 2012, 13:49
have you came up with a date and time yet because depending on when it is I would love to play.

Isembard
December 31st, 2012, 14:39
Ok. The plan for game time is 7.30pm (GMT) Friday nights. If I can get a minimum of 3 confirmed players I could start 11th January, hopefully getting character creation done prior to this first session. Scoffsins if this works for you sign up at the game calendar and we can get this started.

Isembard
January 5th, 2013, 18:02
Just a nudge to try and get another player for Evernight (Savage Worlds) starting Friday 11th at 7.30pm (GMT). Only need one more player and we're good to go.
You can find further details on the game calendar.

Laucian
January 6th, 2013, 04:57
edit: sorry wrong game

Isembard
January 7th, 2013, 16:18
With a couple of posts declaring interest would it be easier to run this game on a Saturday. I'm fairly stuck to starting at 7.30pm (GMT) so a Saturday game may help other players with their schedule.
Friday night is still my preference but will make the switch to get this up and running.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=960

scofsins
January 7th, 2013, 17:31
if you're doing it on Saturday then I'm game.

Dracones
January 17th, 2013, 20:01
If you still have room I've applied as a Sun Priest. Looks like the group could use some healing.

Saturdays sound fantastic, I've never done Evernight and have been itching to play a caster and some fantasy(been doing Deadlands/Cthulhu the last few months).

Clave
January 18th, 2013, 18:01
i wouldnt mind doing this firdays

daddystabz
January 20th, 2013, 23:52
I'm interested in Evernight. Is this still going to happen? Have you started the campaign yet?

Other Savage settings I'm interested in: Rippers, 50 Fathoms, Weird War II, Deadlands (playing in a game of it currently Mondays on FG), Deadlands Noir, Deadlands Hell On Earth.

Isembard
January 23rd, 2013, 18:39
The server is now open for those who need to log on.

Isembard
January 23rd, 2013, 18:40
Daddystabz. Five players have signed up for this. If i'm honest I wouldn't be comfortable with a bigger group of players. Apologies.

Dracones
January 23rd, 2013, 23:40
Character added. Importing from local cache worked well. Is anyone else seeing the chat text box broken up with module credits? It's pretty annoying.

Example Image (https://cloud.tarsis.org/public.php?service=files&t=a5536839744ac0f48d9862792d5d949b)

Isembard
January 24th, 2013, 07:31
I can clear chat window. Credits only visible as I opened server and moved onto other things. It won't be a problem.

Isembard
January 24th, 2013, 17:39
Server open for finishing characters.

grapper
January 24th, 2013, 19:09
Character added. Importing from local cache worked well. Is anyone else seeing the chat text box broken up with module credits? It's pretty annoying.

Example Image (https://cloud.tarsis.org/public.php?service=files&t=a5536839744ac0f48d9862792d5d949b)

That's a problem with the image for the chat window not scaling with the window size. (it is wrapping around)

You can fix it by rescaling your chat window to match the image. Right click on the chat window and click the unlock icon. Then resize the window to fit the image.

I thought this issue had been resolved by providing scalable window images, but if you're running an older version or a custom skin that might cause it. Check for updates or ask about it in the Savage Worlds forum area.

EDIT: squinting at the image I notice that the Fantasy Theme is being used. I'm 99% certain that it is the chat window image from there that needs to be fixed. Post up in Savage Worlds Forum (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57) and let them know. They're pretty good about fixing these pretty fast.

Isembard
January 25th, 2013, 19:16
Server open for character creation. I'll try to keep it open from now until game time.