PDA

View Full Version : Mon/Tues/Wed??

avro5731
December 24th, 2012, 00:43
Any Mon,Tues or Wed night (EST) Pathfinder campaigns I can join?

Trueshots
December 24th, 2012, 03:58
Any Mon,Tues or Wed night (EST) Pathfinder campaigns I can join?
I'd love to join ya! I'm in too if you find something!

Syndrome
December 26th, 2012, 05:27
me and my gf would play in one if it was tues or wed... so thatd be 4 players if a dm was interested :)

Trueshots
December 26th, 2012, 05:51
Sounds great to me! Problem is i know nothing about dm'ing!

Malkavian_Andi
December 26th, 2012, 12:10
I'd be interested in playing, too. So that would make 5 players ^^
I wouldn't even be able to dm, I have only a lite liscence. (and I mostly suck at making up a good plot)

Gwaihir Scout
December 26th, 2012, 19:59
I may be starting a Runelords campaign on Wednesday nights starting in three or four weeks. It depends on a couple of things.

avro5731
December 26th, 2012, 20:03
Weds works for me count me in...

Now all I need is to keep busy Mon Tues hehehe

Gwaihir, is yours going to be one of those new PFS Campaigns or a normal one?

Malkavian_Andi
December 26th, 2012, 20:09
Runelords sounds nice.
As long as the times are ok for me, I'd play, too.

What are the character creation rules?

Gwaihir Scout
December 26th, 2012, 20:49
It'll be a normal campaign, but you'll get PFS credit for parts of it as if you were playing modules with pregens.

The time would be 7:00 PM CST (GMT -6). I'll post more info after New Year's, but basic character rules would be 20 point buy, Hero Points, one of two traits must be a campaign trait from the Runelords player's guide or the APG. All races are tentatively allowed except Drow and Goblin. I've not made any hard rules about alignment yet, but your characters will need to play nice and find reasons to do heroic things. No Gunslingers, since I don't think they'll mesh well mechanically with this campaign, and no Summoners if there's five or more players. 3rd party stuff is allowed on a case by case basis.

That's enough of that. I'll give this its own thread in a week or so; just felt like giving you a start since you asked.

Syndrome
December 27th, 2012, 01:11
awesome thanks ill start right away :)

avro5731
December 27th, 2012, 01:15
Think I will do the odd ball thing for me and play a wizard.... for your game Gwaihir (yeah yeah I know its weeks away)..... ooo wait a moment. Gwaihir how do you feel about multiclassing? I have a freaky build I would like to run by you.

Trueshots
December 27th, 2012, 05:06
yea im in to, that sounds great, would like to play Samurai, fighter, inquisitor, cleric, well....pretty much anything lol!

avro5731
December 27th, 2012, 05:18
Thats an interesting multiclass... what is it centered on?

Trueshots
December 27th, 2012, 05:21
Mainly the "prettymuchanything" class, its a new class that came out that excels in melee, ranged, magic, and stealth.....

Malkavian_Andi
December 27th, 2012, 13:25
I'm still not sure what I'd like to play. I just looked through the Advanced Race Guide to see if there are any intersting archetypes :D
Maybe I'll try a melee druid build. ^^ (but I'm not sure which race I'd play)

avro5731
December 27th, 2012, 16:10
You want to play a Warrior of the Holy Light (pally) Dhampir that is a pacifist.

Trueshots
December 27th, 2012, 16:34
Can we make custom races? Since you denied my beloved gunslinger, at least let me build an uber race! My wife has agreed to play pathfinders maybe ill get her in on this too:)

avro5731
December 27th, 2012, 16:38
Gwaihir, will be posting info after new years for his game, think we should wait for then.

For now we need a Monday / Tuesday game MAHAHAHAHAHA

Gwaihir Scout
December 27th, 2012, 18:11
Yeah, just be patient. A tablet isn't the greatest thing for giving out all the info. I will say that I'd like to know about multiclassing ahead of time to avoid weird surprises, and I'll consider custom races that use no more points than any of the core races.

Just hold onto things for a week so I can lay out the house rules and other info. It's important stuff, like free Weapon Finesse for weapon-oriented classes.

Trueshots
December 27th, 2012, 18:17
Yeah, just be patient. A tablet isn't the greatest thing for giving out all the info. I will say that I'd like to know about multiclassing ahead of time to avoid weird surprises, and I'll consider custom races that use no more points than any of the core races.

Just hold onto things for a week so I can lay out the house rules and other info. It's important stuff, like free Weapon Finesse for weapon-oriented classes.
Yea, i was playing with Hero Lab one day and saw the custom races. There were 10 point race builds and 20 point race builds. There were so many option, I was drooling! BTW my wife is in!!! I'm making her a character now :) She wants to be a Sorc, she said "All I want to do is kill stuff!". So I'm attempting to create her something as we speak, don't mind I know nothing about magic users......

Trenloe
December 27th, 2012, 18:52
Yea, i was playing with Hero Lab one day and saw the custom races. There were 10 point race builds and 20 point race builds. There were so many option, I was drooling!
Details on the custom race options in the Paizo Advanced Race Guide are available in the PRD: https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedRaceGuide/raceBuilder.html

Core races tend to cost 8-11 RP (you can see these from the example races link at the bottom of the PRD page) with 10 being the norm.

Malkavian_Andi
December 27th, 2012, 20:06
Yea, i was playing with Hero Lab one day and saw the custom races. There were 10 point race builds and 20 point race builds. There were so many option, I was drooling! BTW my wife is in!!! I'm making her a character now :) She wants to be a Sorc, she said "All I want to do is kill stuff!". So I'm attempting to create her something as we speak, don't mind I know nothing about magic users......
yep, the amount of options in the race builder is awesome. Although from what I've experienced so far, it's a better tool for GMs to create unique races for their world, than for players to create their perfect race. You'd just end up making a race that gets +4 to the ability score they need most and pick every racial ability that helps you do whatever that particular character needs ^^
And for magic users: sorcerers are very easy ones, because they don't have too many spells. Just pick a bloodline that gets a bonus on damage spells and lots of damage spells (you'll have to wait for level 3 spells to get the better ones (Fireball and Lightning Bolt :D )), but Burning Hands and Magic Missile are good choices, too. ;)

avro5731
December 27th, 2012, 22:05
Everything really depends on the GM running and what they allow. Like was already stated custom races take something of an art to make or you just end up with min/max races for the class you want (which can be cool).

If you are playing around stay in the 9 to 14 range and think of what an entire race would be like. Not everyone would be a max'ed out caster or a tribe of max fighters. If you do this would end up with a good race to re use and grow with.

avro5731
December 27th, 2012, 22:09
This post got side tracked on the wed night game topic so i was looking at starting a new post.

Players looking for a GM for Monday or Tuesday game EST:

Avro5731
Trueshot
Trueshot's wife (MAYBE)
Syndrome
Syndrome's GF
Malkavian_Andi

Everyone ok with that?:confused:

Trueshots
December 27th, 2012, 22:23
Trueshot's wife (
My wife is a go!

Malkavian_Andi
December 27th, 2012, 22:48
I won't be able to play a regular campaign on tuesdays. I already have a regular campaign on tuesdays. Also, for me it would mean staying up quite late, as my time zone is GMT+1.

On mondays, I might have enough time, but I suppose I'd rather just play one regular late night campaign a week ^^

So for regular campaigns, better don't count me in on monday and tuesday. For one-shot games, I'd decide when the game is announced ^^

Syndrome
December 27th, 2012, 22:51
me and my gf cant do mondays but were still on for tuesdays

kozzom
December 28th, 2012, 22:02
I wasn't going to reply to this post until you mentioned people looking for a Monday or Tuesday night game, I cannot make it Wednesday nights. Could you include me as a person wanting to play on either Monday or Tuesday nights as well?

avro5731
December 29th, 2012, 23:15
Monday night group gm request is here
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17951

avro5731
December 31st, 2012, 00:13
Would everyone chime in on the other thread with the times your are good for a monday game... thanks

Gwaihir Scout
January 3rd, 2013, 04:19
Figured I ought to mention here that I posted the info for my game.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17971