PDA

View Full Version : Unidentified Creatures

Willot
December 23rd, 2012, 21:18
How hard would it be to make it so Monster names come up as Unidentified in the CT (to the players) like items?

Could it be done with an extension or mod?

I know your not suppose to metagame but it's pretty hard when you there describing the creature and a player says Can I roll Knowledge Dunge... OH wait! its A Lich! Never mind

:cry:

Tiqon
December 23rd, 2012, 23:38
We have that in Rolemaster. You can name a npc with a real name and a first impression, like "orc" for name and "Ugly stinking humanoid" for first impression (ok that might be a bit long, but... you get the idea. In the CT I can as GM with the rightclick menu just switch from one to the other and back...So.... go play Rolemaster :P.

Willot
December 24th, 2012, 09:05
We have that in Rolemaster. You can name a npc with a real name and a first impression, like "orc" for name and "Ugly stinking humanoid" for first impression (ok that might be a bit long, but... you get the idea. In the CT I can as GM with the rightclick menu just switch from one to the other and back...So.... go play Rolemaster :P.

I accually have the rolemaster Addon! Problem is getting the play time atm im DM a pathfinder game maybe after that

Tiqon
December 24th, 2012, 09:06
:). Yeah time is always a problem when being an adult.

Moon Wizard
December 26th, 2012, 21:36
It's something on the wish list.

It really just needs time to build the feature. The CT needs to be modified to support two names with an identification toggle and a global identification toggle (similar to visibility). Also, the encounter windows need to support alternate names for creatures being added to the combat tracker.

If someone wants to write the extension to do this, I will add it in quickly with their permission. ;)

Regards,
JPG