PDA

View Full Version : Entering NPCs

Fot5
December 22nd, 2012, 14:14
Can someone explain how to enter an NPC in the MM3 ruleset? For example, if a creature has the following attack powers (Lightshow from Emerald City 0), where do I enter that information and how do I format it so that I can roll attacks and damage when I drop that NPC into the combat tracker? Thanks in advance.

Laser Blasts Attack: +8; Ranged, Damage: 8
Unarmed +2, Close; Damage 2

Velocinox
December 23rd, 2012, 03:45
Here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17003) is a thread of DrakosDJ and Talen (The resident M&M FG2 ruleset experts) discussing that very topic.

DrakosDJ
December 23rd, 2012, 07:06
Can someone explain how to enter an NPC in the MM3 ruleset? For example, if a creature has the following attack powers (Lightshow from Emerald City 0), where do I enter that information and how do I format it so that I can roll attacks and damage when I drop that NPC into the combat tracker? Thanks in advance.

Laser Blasts Attack: +8; Ranged, Damage: 8
Unarmed +2, Close; Damage 2
I was attempting to do the Emerald City modules in the FGII ruleset. I got the first two or three mostly finished. All I lack for the first one, I think, is a decent map for the initial fight scean and the scean where the truck explosion released the Silver Storm. I even have icons for most of the NPC's.

Fot5
December 24th, 2012, 14:28
I am in the process of doing that exact same thing and am close to the same place that you are. If you don't mind sharing, it would be helpful to me to see how you entered some of the information. I haven't played M&M yet, so I had a difficult time figuring out how to enter information on the Powers tab for PCs (I am also entering data for the archetypes in the Hero's Handbook).

If there is sufficient interest, I'd like to do a one-shot to learn how to play the system.

I was attempting to do the Emerald City modules in the FGII ruleset. I got the first two or three mostly finished. All I lack for the first one, I think, is a decent map for the initial fight scean and the scean where the truck explosion released the Silver Storm. I even have icons for most of the NPC's.

DrakosDJ
December 25th, 2012, 07:13
I am in the process of doing that exact same thing and am close to the same place that you are. If you don't mind sharing, it would be helpful to me to see how you entered some of the information. I haven't played M&M yet, so I had a difficult time figuring out how to enter information on the Powers tab for PCs (I am also entering data for the archetypes in the Hero's Handbook).

If there is sufficient interest, I'd like to do a one-shot to learn how to play the system.
I don't mind sharing but as it turns out I am not as far along as I had thought. I Have the entire prolog done (except no maps) and I have entered the NPS's and for Chapter 1. I don't have tokens for Lightshow or Lord Etheric either. I did make a blank shell for the Campaign once it is finished and made into Modules.

I also have the conditions / modifiers entered into the Campaign Shell, but as mentioned in the thread posted above the application / expiration of conditions posses some problems in the tool; basically no "expires on save" ability. It only allows you to choose a duration.

I'll send you what I have if you PM me with contact details.