PDA

View Full Version : Test Release v2.9.3

Moon Wizard
December 21st, 2012, 01:05
A little early Christmas present for beta testers, especially if you play PFRPG.

FG v2.9.3 will be a combination of small feature improvements and bug fixes. If you have feature requests, please add them to our wish list in my sig.

As always, we're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. Only the Test mode slot contains this version. I will update this thread as I release new iterations of the test version.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
December 21st, 2012, 01:05
Updates

Clear cache button added to Join Game screen.
[3.5E/4E] Text dragged from formatted text controls will adopt standard NPC chat highlighting.
[3.5E] Combat Maneuver option added to Actions tab for weapon and spell attacks in PFRPG mode
[3.5E] Empower and Maximize metamagic options added to spell damage and heal actions.
[3.5E] Added Short Rest option in CT menu (resets init and advances 5 minutes on effects)
[3.5E/4E] GM-only and inactive effects displayed incorrectly in token tooltips and marker icons. Fixed.

JPG

Blackfoot
December 21st, 2012, 21:59
Interesting little bug. Targeted effects work fine.. but do not actually display the bonuses in the rolls.
Favored Class;ATK:2;DMG:2
Targeted on a particular character... character has +4 normally without effect.
Displays roll 8+4=12
hits 14 AC no problem.. just displays the wrong info (ie should be 8+6=14) Does the same with damage.. total damage is 10 but inflicts 12.
Running 2.9.2
(sorry if posting to the wrong place... based on the above it looks like this should still be a problem in 2.9.3)

Moon Wizard
December 21st, 2012, 23:41
It's accounted for in the attack resolution, since it is only specific to the target. Here is an example that I just ran with the same effect against a creature with AC 30. (I even got it on the first roll, which is very rare.) You can see that the "targeted" effects are applied after the roll is totaled for both attacker and defender.

Fingdorius -> [ATTACK (M)] Dagger [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 19] (d20(18)+11=29)
Attack [29] -> [at Black Magga] [EFFECTS +2] [HIT]

Regards,
JPG

Blackfoot
December 22nd, 2012, 00:52
It seems to do all the math right.. in terms of hits vs not hits... and it shows the effects +2 box but it doesn't display the effect bonus in the numbers like it usually does.

Moon Wizard
December 22nd, 2012, 01:46
It is technically by design. The roll is not applied to a "target" initially, until the resolution information is added.

Since there are attack rolls that apply to multiple targets in some cases (3.5E and 4E), the separation of the targeted effects application makes this easier. It is rarer in 3.5E than 4E, but it still exists.

It's in my internal list to refine the entire "rolls" system to add more per game system flexibility, but I'll probably wait until 3.0 release when I plan to rewrite anyways.

Regards,
JPG

Blackfoot
December 22nd, 2012, 02:02
Ah.. ok.. fair enough.

Silveras
December 23rd, 2012, 20:13
The update notes mention adding Combat Maneuver options for "weapons and spell attacks" in the Actions tab. I see the option on the spells, but not on the weapons (ex. Greatsword). Am I missing something?

Moon Wizard
December 23rd, 2012, 20:16
Click on the melee/ranged icon, until you see a bullseye icon. That means that it is now a combat maneuver. The details are the same as melee, since they are almost identical for bonuses.

Cheers,
JPG

Silveras
December 24th, 2012, 04:23
I should have started with "Thanks for the early Christmas present!" Let me add that belatedly now.

Click on the melee/ranged icon, until you see a bullseye icon. That means that it is now a combat maneuver. The details are the same as melee, since they are almost identical for bonuses.

Great.. that helps.. seems to work well. It is pretty straightforward to set up the attack on the weapons, and even as a spell on NPC sheets.

So far, it appears that the best way to represent situational defenses is to create an effect with the appropriate CMD bonus, add it just before the attack is rolled, and remove it immediately after.

For these, I mean Feats that give a bonus to CMD against specific attack types - see Improved Trip for an example; or race bonuses that apply to one or two attack types - see Dwarves' Stability ability.

Is there an element for the effect that would make it specific to a specific Combat Maneuver type?

viresanimi
December 25th, 2012, 15:04
I have a request.

I often make modules for adventures, and all sorts of things I want to share with my players. Since I have no clue about coding, I use the /export function and it is all good.

Except I end up getting a lot of extra taps under my Story and Images at the bottom, which I find slightly annoying.

Is it possible to make a function within the export settings to turn that off?

Best Regards

Vires Animi

unerwünscht
December 25th, 2012, 16:17
viresanimi, I made a tutorial at one point about how to stop that from happening. I am on my way out the door right this second, but I will post a new tutorial ASAP.

Here you go. Started a new thread as to not hijack this one.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=139670

Moon Wizard
December 26th, 2012, 21:26
Silveras,

There is no good way to specify a defense against specific attack types.

What I do in my campaign is that I make an effect with a "single" application option, and then it automatically disappears when it is applied the first time.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
December 26th, 2012, 22:54
Updates

[3.5E/4E] Quick delete button added to combat tracker entries when NPC wounds greater than hit points.
[CHAR CONVERT] Error message during and after import for some DDI character files. Fixed.
Dice capture and roll region incorrect, if chat window not dynamically resizable. Fixed.

JPG

Booker Grimm
December 28th, 2012, 08:37
A feature I would like to see introduced is one where monster identification is more apparent.

To clarify, I sometimes have difficulty seeing which monster's turn it is because the highlight around the token blends in with some of my background maps. Maybe a switch colour option for the highlight could be added, or the token connected to the CT could perhaps flash (on the GM's screen) while it's that monsters turn?

Not too sure how difficult this would be to implement, but it's a suggestion.

unerwünscht
December 28th, 2012, 10:46
A feature I would like to see introduced is one where monster identification is more apparent.

To clarify, I sometimes have difficulty seeing which monster's turn it is because the highlight around the token blends in with some of my background maps. Maybe a switch colour option for the highlight could be added, or the token connected to the CT could perhaps flash (on the GM's screen) while it's that monsters turn?

Not to sure how difficult this would be to implement, but it's a suggestion.

Might I ask, How do you handle this in a Face to Face game?

Booker Grimm
December 28th, 2012, 11:42
Well, with my group we run the game on a monitor connected to a laptop. So I have the GM screen on my laptop and the monitor displays the PC's connection.

At the moment I enter the damage dealt by the PC's manually. But it can take time finding the correct entry in the CT. Also quickly identifying which monster is currently attacking on the map screen (especially if there are a lot of them!) takes a bit of time.

If, on the monster's turn the token would flash, or the highlight was not so subtle then it would be easier.

Maybe it's the tokens and the zoomed out map I'm using or, more likely, the fact that the PC's are currently fighting about 20 goblins! :)

I've overcome this by clicking the visibility icon next to they token pic in the CT, and this helps, but it's not ideal.

unerwünscht
December 28th, 2012, 14:52
Sorry, my question should have been 'how did you handle it before FGII'.

I find that to be the best question to ask anytime I come up with a feature request or improvement. XXX Feature doesn't work the way I think it should. Well how would I do this in a game without FGII? Oh it would be cool if FG did it this way.... Then I suggest it and half the time most of the community agrees with me. The other half of the time everyone thinks I am mental ;)

Moon Wizard
December 28th, 2012, 17:51
Booker,

I use the auto NPC numbering option in the campaign options, then turn on NPC name plates. It helps identification of creatures between the map and combat tracker.

Another thing you can do is to click on the token image in the combat tracker which will toggle the "active" highlight on the connected token.

I also believe there is a feature request on the wish list for more color options on the "active" circle shown around icons. You can vote by following link in my sig.

Regards,
JPG

Griogre
December 31st, 2012, 19:42
When I can't tell what monster is active as a GM I size it up to double and then drop it back down to normal size once I see it. That might be one way of showing the active monster - having it jump to double normal size and then rescale to normal in fast increments as an option.

GeneralChaos
January 3rd, 2013, 04:05
I too would like better visibility on the tokens, but I don't see it on the wishlist. So I added one (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=62275).

Booker Grimm
January 4th, 2013, 19:01
Woo Hoo! A like minded, partially sighted user! :)

Callum
January 15th, 2013, 22:35
Is this going to be pushed to a full release soon?

Moon Wizard
January 25th, 2013, 22:40
Good question. I've been totally swamped with my main job, sick family and squeezing in some FG dev; so I haven't been able to keep up on the forums like I want to.

Given that there have not been any issues reported, that's a very good sign. Let me review the forums a bit more to see if anything else with urgency has popped up, and I'll look at setting a release date for v2.9.3.

Regards,
JPG

Oberoten
January 31st, 2013, 19:30
Sorry, my question should have been 'how did you handle it before FGII'.

I find that to be the best question to ask anytime I come up with a feature request or improvement. XXX Feature doesn't work the way I think it should. Well how would I do this in a game without FGII? Oh it would be cool if FG did it this way.... Then I suggest it and half the time most of the community agrees with me. The other half of the time everyone thinks I am mental ;)

Fine line between brilliant and Mental. :) ... or so my players tell me.

- Obe

JohnD
January 31st, 2013, 21:47
I too would like better visibility on the tokens, but I don't see it on the wishlist. So I added one (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=62275).
Maybe the shading on the "active" token could be the same colour as selected for the dice?

I know playing on a black/white map the shading essentially does nothing.

spacce1889
February 1st, 2013, 01:16
Might want to add making the targets of active player also more visible. Like huge Cross Hairs.

Blackfoot
February 3rd, 2013, 17:40
Not sure if this is a bug or a feature request.. but when you whisper to a PC who has multiple characters loaded, it does not identify which PC is getting the messsage. This can lead to confusion and may be relatively easy to fix by dropping a name at the beginning of the message.

Paladin's Pride
February 7th, 2013, 23:31
We are having a bug problem where we keep getting LUA script errors when we attempt to use the conditional effects "IF:" and "IFT:" in the 4e ruleset when used on player character's only (it seems to work fine on monsters).

Blackfoot
February 8th, 2013, 14:35
Do IF effects work in 3.5 too?
Hmm... gotta check that out!

EDIT: Hmm... I don't see any documentation for this feature.

Trenloe
February 8th, 2013, 15:58
We are having a bug problem where we keep getting LUA script errors when we attempt to use the conditional effects "IF:" and "IFT:" in the 4e ruleset when used on player character's only (it seems to work fine on monsters).
Yeah, this occurs when applying an IF or IFT effect by targeting and then double clicking the effect - drag-dropping the effect works OK.

graphil
February 12th, 2013, 20:21
Any chance this could be fixed for 2.9.3?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18193

Moon Wizard
February 14th, 2013, 02:25
Updates

[3.5E/4E]Script error when adding conditional effect to combat tracker entry linked to map token. Fixed.

Regards,
JPG

Paladin's Pride
February 17th, 2013, 14:09
Here's a minor error. When a creatures takes damage exactly equal to their hitpoints, their wound color remains red rather than turning gray as it ought to.

Blackfoot
February 17th, 2013, 17:56
Here's a minor error. When a creatures takes damage exactly equal to their hitpoints, their wound color remains red rather than turning gray as it ought to.
What version are you playing? In Pathfinder this is 'correct' a character with 0 HP is 'disabled' meaning that they can still act, but only get 1 action per turn and take a hp of damage if they take a standard action. They should therefore still be 'red' and marked 'disabled'.
I'm not sure if it is different in 3.5.

Paladin's Pride
February 18th, 2013, 02:50
Sorry, 4th edition ruleset. I should have stated.

graphil
February 20th, 2013, 22:37
This is a bit of a game breaker.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18282

Moon Wizard
February 21st, 2013, 22:05
Updates

Reverted: Text dragged from formatted text controls will adopt standard NPC chat highlighting. Pushed to next compatibility version release (v2.10 or v3.0).
[3.5E/4E] Identified name showing for unidentified items in character mini sheet. Fixed.

Cheers,
JPG

KhybersGhost
February 25th, 2013, 11:33
Ok, didn't see this problem yet skimming through the thread. First some notes

Windows 7 64 bit OS
Fantasy Grounds running on "Test" setting for updates
PFRPG Ruleset

Having trouble with the abilities tab when Players doing entries. (I think I remember a previous similar bug that was patched) For some reason, when players add information into the descriptions of their Feats/Abilities in the abilities tab (for custom feats etc) it will not save their data permanently.
1) I as the GM can't see any changes they make but they can
2) When the player logs out, the information is totally gone on their side as well at next log in
3) For some reason (trial, error and stubbornness mostly) the only work around I have found for this is if the player clicks off somewhere else (like on the top border of a feat window they have opened and are modifying) so that the text cursor disappears from the text box, it instantly updates. Then if they close after that it seems to save fine.
This "fix" is functional currently, but the problem is the player has no way to tell if it's worked or not until they re-log.

I hope this makes sense somewhat.

Moon Wizard
February 27th, 2013, 22:23
Updates

[DEV] Improved loading speed for rulesets in PAK format with lots of script files.
Closing window while editing a text field would sometimes lose changes. Fixed.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
February 28th, 2013, 21:25
Update

[DEV] imagecontrol: Add setTokenScale function.

JPG

Moon Wizard
March 4th, 2013, 19:53
Update

[DEV] imagecontrol: Add getTokenScale function

JPG

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2013, 20:28
[UPDATE]

Dragging chat text from rich text field would display font name as mood and show wrong font. Fixed.

JPG

Blackfoot
March 9th, 2013, 04:40
Found a bug in 2.9.2.. not sure if it's been addressed in 2.9.3 or not... when you 'stop sharing' a map with a client it clears the mask on that image.
Pathfinder ruleset.

EDIT: It is possible this only happens on the 'localhost' client because it clears the mask data from the host campaign dir when the sharing is stopped.. but I don't have a second machine running to test it.

KhybersGhost
March 9th, 2013, 08:45
Associated ability scores for a given skill are no longer able to be toggled to something different than default.

Moon Wizard
March 9th, 2013, 21:05
Blackfoot, I actually just found that issue in my v3.0 code sweep. It only affects localhost instances. It's in all v2.9.x versions.

KhybersGhost, this is the expected behavior, and has been that way since the original d20 ruleset. The ability for all pre-defined skills is locked, but can be changed for custom skills.

Regards,
JPG

Griogre
March 9th, 2013, 21:36
I noticed a problem that I don't know is peculiar to to the latest build or not. I was running a 5E game using the 4E ruleset. I was using an old school dungeon and was actually having one player map out the dungeon as they exported on the built-in battle map. After drawing a while the player would not be able to draw anymore lines on the battle map. This happened consistently but after a somewhat random number of lines (a fairly high one probably over 100 - they could usually draw 5, 10 minutes). The players said it was like they were "running out of ink." Then another player could usually draw the map for a while before he had the same problem.

Unsharing and resharing the drawing would allow a player to start drawing again once he could no longer draw. This is really the first time I've ever had players use this feature to map so the problem could have been around a long time.

Moon Wizard
March 17th, 2013, 02:37
This update fixes an extension issue with global scripts. If you have a minute, please try out any extensions you have to make sure they are working as intended.

Update

Global extension scripts were not being loaded in some cases. Fixed.

Thanks,
JPG

adminwheel3
March 17th, 2013, 15:50
Tested with Dr. Zeuss' 4E enhanced images, which I use for multi-layer support. When opening an image generates script errors and none of the little helper buttons on the upper left (mask, erase, etc) show up.

Disabling the extension resolves the issue.

S Ferguson
March 17th, 2013, 17:10
The calendar conversion for BRP I'm porting works beautifully under 2.9.2 but under 2.9.3 everything (literally) goes black. Any hints for things to watch out for? After all, it's just a Stack Button (that shows up) and the calendar module (which also shows up) but pressing the button just yields a black screen - disconcerting to say the least.

Trenloe
March 17th, 2013, 18:16
Tested with Dr. Zeuss' 4E enhanced images, which I use for multi-layer support. When opening an image generates script errors and none of the little helper buttons on the upper left (mask, erase, etc) show up.

Disabling the extension resolves the issue.
It would be a good idea to raise this with the extension developer on their extension thread - then the developer is aware that the future 2.9.3 release will probably cause and issue and can look at providing an update to the extension when 2.9.3 is released.

Trenloe
March 17th, 2013, 18:22
The calendar conversion for BRP I'm porting works beautifully under 2.9.2 but under 2.9.3 everything (literally) goes black. Any hints for things to watch out for? After all, it's just a Stack Button (that shows up) and the calendar module (which also shows up) but pressing the button just yields a black screen - disconcerting to say the least.
First step to carry out when issues like this arise is to see if this issue occurs in the test release of the ruleset you based your conversion off. If it does, then it is an issue with the 2.9.3 code, if it doesn't then you need to do a compare of the 2.9.2 FG files used for the conversion with the 2.9.3 files in the test release (I seem to remember you mentioning you have a comparison application - if not use the compare plugin in Notepad++) - there may be some changed code in the later 2.9.3 files that you'll need to incorporate into your calendar conversion to make it work with the 2.9.3 FG base application.

Moon Wizard
March 17th, 2013, 18:47
S Ferguson, can you send me your BRP calendar extension?

I'm working to make this as compatible as possible, so I'll look at the layer extension.

The change under the hood is a feature that caches script files that are used repeatedly, so that they don't need to be loaded from disk every time they are used. This causes unnecessary slowdown in all rulesets, but especially for rulesets compressed into PAK files.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 17th, 2013, 19:27
Found an issue in the new script loading code that affected windowclass only script files. Just posted a new update to address.

JPG

adminwheel3
March 17th, 2013, 20:22
Found an issue in the new script loading code that affected windowclass only script files. Just posted a new update to address.

JPG

That change resolved the script errors I was receiving MW.

Dr. Zuess' 4e image extension seems to be working as expected once again.

S Ferguson
March 17th, 2013, 20:35
The change also resolved the calendar issue. I really don't like singing "Paint it Black" to my computer.

Leonal
April 7th, 2013, 13:08
In 3.5E, would it be possible to have a player's target be removed (deselected) when a target is either made invisible or moved under the mask?

Moon Wizard
April 9th, 2013, 00:22
The targeting system is undergoing an overhaul for v3.0, so stay tuned.

JPG

Leonal
April 9th, 2013, 09:07
Great, thanks!

Callum
April 9th, 2013, 09:50
Is 2.9.3 ever going to be pushed to full release at some point soon, or are we instead going to jump straight to 3.0? I ask because I've been looking forward to using the new token status indicators, but have been sticking with 2.9.1 because of some reported issues with them in 2.9.2.

Thanks!

Moon Wizard
April 9th, 2013, 22:36
It's funny, because I come back to it every few weeks and some potential backward compatibility issue crops up. Then, it usually fades, but I'm working on something else.

I'm planning to look at releasing this week. I want to review the outstanding items I know about, and make sure none are game-breakers or worse than v2.9.2.

Cheers,
JPG

spacce1889
April 18th, 2013, 20:21
Is the update going live this week?

Moon Wizard
April 20th, 2013, 08:01
Releasing this evening.

Final Updates

[DEV] Database nodes could be created with an empty name in certain situations which would corrupt the database. Fixed.
[DEV] diecontrol: getDice returns incorrect value during underlying node onUpdate event. Fixed.

JPG

Blackfoot
May 15th, 2013, 01:38
Getting an error when you do a search in a library window.. then close it.. but leave the text in the search box.

Script Error: [string "common/scripts/list_filter2.lua"]:38: attempt to index local 'vTarget' (a nil value)

I've tested it and it repeats consistently.
Steps:
Open Library
Click PFRPG Spells (or any module)
Click Druid Spells (or any other one)
Click the Magnifying Glass and type some text.
Close the Druid Spells Window.
Error Appears.
Sorry... 3.5e Ruleset under PF setting... v.2.9.3

Callum
May 15th, 2013, 09:34
I neglected to thank you for getting this update out, JPG - we're using it now and it's great. Thanks!