PDA

View Full Version : The Last Stand - New Campaign - Pathfinder

CrimsonCrust
December 17th, 2012, 21:01
The Last Stand

Pathfinder / Homebrew

Currently Need: None. Please apply and I will put you on a list to contact if anyone drops :) Thanks!

Have:

Bard

Gunslinger

And 2 undecided

License Needed: None I have a ultimate license

Starting LvL 3: Start with Xp mid way to Lvl 4.

You can have one 2k magic item, one 4k magic item, and one 8k magic item. (All most be approved)
(more information on the campaign page)

Times: I am looking to do this two ways depending on players needs.

1. Have a morning weekday game. Starting at 8 A.M.
2. Have a week night game on Tuesday, Sunday, or Monday
(* All times are based off -600 GMT Central Standard Time US)

Start Date: This will be starting after January 10th. So there will be plenty of time for me to get FG running with all the effects I want. As well as give me time to upload all the images I have created. It will also give you guys time to get your chars. created.

Voice or Txt: We can use just one or both. This will be put up for a vote and polled before we start. Either way I will probably have voice going for ease of discussion.

Setting:

It is summer time, the tree’s are full, the fields are ripe, and the air is frantic with life. The year is Brent 300. The kingdom you live in is the Kingdom of Trent. There have been numerous wars fought in the kingdom of Trent. But for the last one hundred years, since the Last Stand of the mighty King Rom, there has been a peace of sorts. You know that he had stopped some terrible evil! Or so the story’s go..

Now you find yourself in the city of Guldenberg. A lesser known hero of the town and surrounding areas. You have worked with a band of friends for the last year during your mandatory service in the local Militia. Your names have grown some renown. You have chosen to leave the militia and find work in another capacity. Unfortunately during your personnel endeavors something horrible has happened.

Game Calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=956

Obsidian Portal: https://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-last-stand-fantasy

PLEASE NOTE

- This will be my first time using FG as well as my first time DMing anything. Frustrations will happen I am sure. I do have a ton of material already written.

CrimsonCrust
December 18th, 2012, 01:14
Holding Slot

Questions I have been asked:

Would we be playing with 20pt buy? 25 pt?

It goes over this on the campaign page, you have to be approved (and apply first! lol). Since you can't see it yet here is how it will work.

Character Creation:

Character's are above average in this campaign. They will face trials harder than most.

Rolling Ability scores:

1. Table: Ability Score Costs
Score --Points
08--(-6)
09--(–4)
10--(–2)
11--(–1)
12--0
13--1
14--2
15--3
16--5
17--7
18--10
19--13
20--17
21--21
22--26
23--31
24--37

25 + (6*6)36 = 61 (all stats at 08)
25 + (6*4)24 = 49 (all stats at 09)
Minimum array to hit 24
24 (-37)
10 (+2)
10 (+2)
10 (+2)
10 (+2)
09 (+4)

Min/maxed array (A)
24 (-37)
18 (-10)
09 (+4)
08 (+6)
08 (+6)
08 (+6)

Min/maxed array (B)
24 (-37)
16 (-5)
13 (-1)
08 (+6)
08 (+6)
08 (+6)

Min/maxed array (C)
24 (-37)
14 (-2)
14 (-2)
09 (+4)
08 (+6)
08 (+6)

universalist array
16 (-5)
16 (-5)
16 (-5)
16 (-5)
16 (-5)
12 (0)

3-High
20 (-17)
20 (-17)
17 (-7)
09 (+4)
08 (+6)
08 (+6)

4-High
18 (-10)
18 (-10)
18 (-10)
17 (-7)
08 (+6)
08 (+6)

2. Roll 4d6 and take the total of all 4 dice.

Anything you want to do will be considered. However I will nerf bat anything that gets out of control. That being said play what you want. Everything is open except:

1. Drow Nobel
2. Psion's
3. Maybe leadership feat depends on how many players we have.

Time in Militia - Char Creation

Time in militia bonus feat:

You were all leaders; women and men looked up to you during your short time in the local militia. Each of you can choose one of the bonus feats:

1. Toughness
2. Improved Initiative
3. Alertness

Are all materials from PFSRD available?

Everything but Drow Noble

Are DND 3.5 materials available?

Anything you want to use will be considered. Even level adjusted races however they have to fall with in the 3 levels you get. Also if you are going to be using things from 3.5 I get the chance to nerf bat it if it is something to out of this world. Or just say no to it.

(I don't want to see a wear bear lvl 1 fighter for example)

Are these in addition to the 3000gp a character would start with according to the wealth by level table ?

You will only have 1000 gold

What is a lvl 2/3/4 item?

I was thinking about that this morning haha. I got mixed up with 4E for a second; I was playing one that morning :(

It is 2000, 4000, and an 8000 dollar item. (They have to be approved) The reasons for the items will be explained in more detail as I finish up my writing.

Would we follow the medium advancement track?

I am guessing you mean how fast you will lvl? I think it will be moderate. I would expect to level every 3-5 sessions.

Is you campaign action heavy? Role-play heavy ?

I would say it will be half and half. There might be some sessions that have no combat. There might be some where you are in a dungeon for 2-3 sessions. I think it depends on what the group decides to do.

I wanted to ask you about character creation. You say one of the methods is 4d6, keep all die. Does that mean you can go up to an ability score of 24?

Yes. Hero's in this campaign will be fighting harder then normal monsters.

Your point buy is 12 to all stats then 25 points to increase them. Is that 1 point per increase? (So for example 6 to get a score of 18) Can it also go up to 24 ? Is it possible to reduce an ability score to increase another ?

No. You can find a pathfinder calculator or use hero labs. But set the scores at 12. Then you can add up to 25 points. Look at the calculator to see when you hit the 25 points.

You can subtract 2 to gain 1. You can't go past 24 before racial adj. and magic item stat gains. So do stats nothing past 24 then add everything else. ( So you could be past 24 by the time the char is finished)

The magic weapons I would be looking at getting would be at the moment.
- an item of Protection +1 (2,000 gp)
- an attribute increasing item +2 (4,000 gp)
- a keen +1 weapon (8,000 gp)

Are these types of items acceptable ?

That works fine.

Is the bonus lvl 1 time in the militia feat set in stone, or could appropriately themed feats like weapon focus qualify ?

Has to be a militia feat.

Dr_Babylon
December 18th, 2012, 06:14
I cannot express how much I enjoy the phrase "frantic with life" in your brief introduction.

I applaud you boldly taking the reins and wish your project all the best, sir. Would that there were more with such initiative so that loafers and leeches like myself could apply themselves.

CrimsonCrust
December 18th, 2012, 14:05
I cannot express how much I enjoy the phrase "frantic with life" in your brief introduction.

I applaud you boldly taking the reins and wish your project all the best, sir. Would that there were more with such initiative so that loafers and leeches like myself could apply themselves.

This was a good morning hello. Every time I read one of your posts I always find myself laughing, which is a really good thing. :D

Artaron
December 18th, 2012, 15:36
Always nice to see a new Pathfinder campaign being set up.
I could play Friday mornings ! Hope we can get this started.

CrimsonCrust
December 18th, 2012, 16:13
Artaron I love the idea of Friday morning actually. If we can get a couple more people to commit to that I would love to set that as the time.

Sturmir
December 19th, 2012, 06:29
I'm in as well. I cannot do Friday mornings though unfortunately. I'm free Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays during the morning! Looking forward to play with you all.

Artaron
December 19th, 2012, 12:06
Hi Sturmir. That's a bit difficult for me. I may make it those days the first couple of weeks, but later than that I would be free only on Friday. Let's see when the other players say.

CrimsonCrust
December 19th, 2012, 13:31
If we have to do a night game to satisfy everyone we can do that. I will only be GMing one game. So if I have to sacrifice a game I am in I can.

Artaron
December 19th, 2012, 22:33
As I told CrimsonCrust, I could play Saturday mornings as well, if it's easier for other players than Friday mornings.

CrimsonCrust
December 19th, 2012, 23:31
Sturmir can you do Sat. morning?

Nintaku
December 20th, 2012, 09:48
So, I see that we have the early morning game, or the late night week-end game times.
I would greatly prefer the weekend sessions, as when next semester starts I will be in class monday-thursday at various times.

I understand that people work on weekends, so I am just throwing it out there that any time late night on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday is ideal for me since I wont have to change my sleeping schedule just to participate.

Nintaku
December 20th, 2012, 10:35
So for my calculation per your ideas, and the pattern laid down by Paizo for pointbuy, the following should be accurate for this campaign.
Correct if incorrect.
Table: Ability Score Costs
Score --Points

10--(-1)
12--0
13--1
14--2
15--3
16--5
17--7
18--10
19--13
20--17
21--21
22--26
23--31
24--37

Therefore, getting a score of 24 is impossible within the bindings of what is offered even edited with being modified to start with the baseline of 12 instead of 10.

"You can't go past 24 before racial" -CrimsonCrust

You can't get to 24 pre-racial, period.

Artaron
December 20th, 2012, 11:38
I must agree with Nintaku that the point buy system as is doesn't seem adapted to the power level of the capaign. It seems that the dice rolling would actually be a better deal, unless one rolls very badly.
Nintaku, note that the proposed evening days are Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.
However I cannot make any evening game so we're discussing Friday, morning, or alternatively Saturday morning following Sturmir's previous comments. Could you make it ?

Nintaku
December 20th, 2012, 11:59
When, Saturday morning?
Something around noon or 11am would be great since I am a night owl.
If it is early in the morning then I'm going to have not slept that night and will be loopy.

Nintaku
December 20th, 2012, 12:52
Expanding this might offer a fix.
Table: Ability Score Costs
Score --Points
08--(-6)
09--(–4)
10--(–2)
11--(–1)
12--0
13--1
14--2
15--3
16--5
17--7
18--10
19--13
20--17
21--21
22--26
23--31
24--37

25 + (6*6)36 = 61 (all stats at 08)
25 + (6*4)24 = 49 (all stats at 09)
Minimum array to hit 24
24 (-37)
10 (+2)
10 (+2)
10 (+2)
10 (+2)
09 (+4)

Min/maxed array (A)
24 (-37)
18 (-10)
09 (+4)
08 (+6)
08 (+6)
08 (+6)

Min/maxed array (B)
24 (-37)
16 (-5)
13 (-1)
08 (+6)
08 (+6)
08 (+6)

Min/maxed array (C)
24 (-37)
14 (-2)
14 (-2)
09 (+4)
08 (+6)
08 (+6)

universalist array
16 (-5)
16 (-5)
16 (-5)
16 (-5)
16 (-5)
12 (0)

3-High
20 (-17)
20 (-17)
17 (-7)
09 (+4)
08 (+6)
08 (+6)

4-High
18 (-10)
18 (-10)
18 (-10)
17 (-7)
08 (+6)
08 (+6)

This makes having a statistic of 24 a major focus of the character. A Strength of 24 would allow for every melee attack to have a +7 chance to hit and a +7 damage bonus, +13 damage bonus is both hands.
For extreme optimization using 23 instead of 24 allows for more customization, while using the level 4 ability enhancement to bring the character to 24. While this can lead to a more "balanced" character since the attributes on the low end will be more rounded. Maximum statistic should always be costly and focusing to aim for so USE WITH CAUTION, dear players.

Does this seem to be an acceptable fix?

CrimsonCrust
December 20th, 2012, 13:46
11 AM sounds fine to me.

I was looking at the point buy calculator too. I noticed it was off compared to rolling. I was really pushing people to roll. As the luck of the dice should determine if you will be over powered. However I understand some people like to play it safe :) And really it makes mechanics fair when you use point buy systems. I really like that luck of the dice like I said though.

If you want to take an array I think expanding it will work. So Yes Nintaku. I agree with what you have posted. Let me post that on the front of the forums as well.

CrimsonCrust
December 20th, 2012, 13:55
Please have your chars written up and completed in PCGEN/Heroforge / whatever else you are using by January 1st. I am going to spend a few days getting everything uploaded.

That means your backgrounds too.

Thanks,

Crimson

Nintaku
December 20th, 2012, 14:29
You are also more likely to get a stronger and more well rounded character with dice-rolls.

CrimsonCrust
December 20th, 2012, 14:37
I'll open up the server so anyone that wants to come in and roll there dice can. I'll keep it open most of the time for you guys. If it is not up you can always PM me. I work a lot, but it's in front of my comp. So I am always around.

CrimsonCrust
December 20th, 2012, 23:14
OK I posted for Saturday 1 PM Central time. That is 11 Am pacific 2 PM eastern. -600 GMT.

Go to the calendar and if you can make it click yes. If NO let me know why and we will try to work on the date again.

Thanks,

CrimsonCrust

Artaron
December 21st, 2012, 15:02
Hi guys. I will be a abroad until the 13th of January so the earliest I could play would be the weekend of the 19th. Also CrimsonCrust weren't the times agreed based on your time (gmt-6) ? 8 am was amazing, 11 was a compromise but 2 is a lot later than expected. Can we do something about this ?

CrimsonCrust
December 21st, 2012, 18:38
Yes we can Nin has dropped out I think. So the times are once again in the air.

We have until mid jan. to really lock down a date. Also we are still looking for more players.

Nintaku
December 22nd, 2012, 02:34
I have tentatively dropped out for the time being due to time conflicts, and that getting up early to play pathfinder isn't something I want to do.

CrimsonCrust
December 22nd, 2012, 09:40
I have tentatively dropped out for the time being due to time conflicts, and that getting up early to play pathfinder isn't something I want to do.

I know man. I use to live on the west coast. Haha. No worries :)

Nintaku
December 22nd, 2012, 19:32
So the alternate game I was looking at is also deciding to start at 10am pst, so screw that.
If we decide to start at no earlier than 11am on any give day then I am in. If this group starts before 11am, then I'll give it a pass.

For now I have an open schedule. This could change based on if a get a job at the place I am moving to, but this is doubtful and regardless I would have the play day as N/A anyway.

So recap
NA any time before 11am.
open availability any time after 11am on any day, so if we decide to do an evening or late night game then I am game.

CrimsonCrust
December 22nd, 2012, 19:53
OK so he is Pacific time.

I'll work up a couple of dates in January and post them on the campaign page. If you can make it say yes if you can not say no. I will try to get a date that works for everyone. If not majority will rule.

Thanks,

CrimsonCrust

Nintaku
December 23rd, 2012, 03:44
Ok, so looking through the NPCs I see that one has a deformity:
Dedrick Six Fingers - Inn owner

I am thinking that his deformity might be a red-right-hand, or put better: a sign to the audience, the players, that this character is a/the villain.

avro5731
December 23rd, 2012, 16:40
Hi I signed up on the calendar but noted you have a number of ppl already. Do you still have openings?

Nintaku
December 23rd, 2012, 17:55
From what I can tell there is the big question of if we are going to lose people due to time conflicts. Once that is ironed out we are going to agree on a time and start.
My advice is to either post your time availability or just be in the calender.

Nintaku
December 24th, 2012, 11:19
Hello everyone!
I have some ideas for getting the ball rolling more smoothly for this game.
First off post your time availability that you are willing, key word, to play pathfinder with this group. Please ensure that the times you offer will be long term availability for the foreseeable future, E.G. I have classes next semester so the times I will be in class have been subtracted from the availability. Post the large time ranges that you would be happy with, as we can argue hours later.

Also, try to follow an established format so it can be read at a glance. I will provide mine as a template at the bottom. I follow the scientific idea of days, so the next day begins at midnight.

Nintaku's time availability: Time Zone PST (-8:00)
Mon:_12am - 3am; 7pm - 11:59pm
Tue:_12am - 3am; 7pm - 11:59pm
Wed:_12am - 3am; 7pm - 11:59pm
Thur:_12am - 3am; 7pm - 11:59pm
Fri:___12am - 3am; 11am - 11:59pm
Sat:__12am - 3am; 11am - 11:59pm
Sun:__12am - 3am; 11am - 11:59pm

Disclaimer:
The times you provide are not binding in any legal way, and are provided in good faith that they will not come to an abrupt change. If this happens then post a new time availability, and notify the DM so that a new time can be worked out.

TEMPLATE
[NAME]'s time availability: Time Zone [Time_Zone] ([+/- hours])
Mon:__[Available]; [Available];
Tue:__[Available]; [Available];
Wed:_[Available]; [Available];
Thur:_[Available]; [Available];
Fri:___[Available]; [Available];
Sat:__[Available]; [Available];
Sun:__[Available]; [Available];

A blank means you are unavailable. If you with to put N/A or Unavailable that is fine.
Start with the earliest times you are available and willing to play in the mornings. If there is a gap in availability use a semi-colon with two spaces (; ), and then start the next availability. For some people this means as late as they are willing to go from the previous day, E.G. a game starting at 11pm Tuesday, and running until 3am Wednesday.

Artaron
December 24th, 2012, 15:23
Hi guys, these are the times I'll be available in the foreseeable future.

Artaron - Timezone GMT+2

Friday 5 pm - 8 pm
Saturday 2 pm - 10 pm
Sunday - Wednesday 7pm-10 pm

In CrimsonCrust's GMT-6 Schedule this translates to

Friday 9 am - 12 pm
Saturday 6 am - 2 pm
Sunday to Wednesday - 11am-2pm

Considering at least Nintaku can't do 9am, I think my number one timeslot would be Saturday at 11am Crimson's time (GMT-6).

blckattk
December 24th, 2012, 23:36
I signed up as well, what are the characters in the game so far?

Nintaku
December 25th, 2012, 04:36
I signed up as well, what are the characters in the game so far?

A dex based melee bard, and a gunslinger if I remember.

Copernicus
December 25th, 2012, 10:30
Pacific Time Zone (-8:00 GMT)

Copernicus's time availability: Time Zone PST (-8:00)
Mon:_10am - 5:00pm;
Tue:_10am - 6:00pm;
Wed:_10am - 6:00pm;
Thur:_10am - 4:00pm;
Fri:___10am - 6:00pm;
Sat:__10am - 6:00pm;
Sun:__10am - 6:00pm;

I have very few scheduling conflicts at the moment as my college is currently on winter break. If these games are run on the weekends, or during the mornings or evenings, I will remain open to play. A more accurate schedule can be provided as soon as I have one that is concrete.

I anticipate playing an Alchemist, and would be greatly pleased aiding and abetting any adventurers seeking to secure their place in the annals of history.

Artaron
December 25th, 2012, 11:44
Hi Copernicus and blckattk ! Welcome on board !

Nintaku
December 25th, 2012, 12:38
First and foremost if you are interested in this campaign sign up on the calender page since CrimsonToast has to approve you.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=956

I anticipate playing an Alchemist, and would be greatly pleased aiding and abetting any adventurers seeking to secure their place in the annals of history.

The more I brush up on my theory-craft for Pathfinder the more I find better things than my original ideas.

Copernicus
December 25th, 2012, 21:03
The more I brush up on my theory-craft for Pathfinder the more I find better things than my original ideas.
If you steal my splodey potion man I will hunt you down sir! Unless you're saying find a better character in which case... :cry:

Also will there be any trouble if I were to align myself with Norgorber? Or will this be a strictly do-gooder campaign?

Nintaku
December 25th, 2012, 21:25
If you steal my splodey potion man I will hunt you down sir! Unless you're saying find a better character in which case... :cry:

Also will there be any trouble if I were to align myself with Norgorber? Or will this be a strictly do-gooder campaign?

Alchemists are fine, and powerful where they are intended to be strong.
I am talking doing stuff like having a dex bonus of +20 or +22 by the time my character hits level 10. XD

Artaron
December 25th, 2012, 22:48
I for one don't mind if this won't be a strictly do-gooder campaign. I think the only boundaries should be the extremely lawful good character who will try to police everyone and the extremely chaotic evil character who will butcher everybody.
Anything in between and we should be fine

Nintaku
December 25th, 2012, 22:55
I for one don't mind if this won't be a strictly do-gooder campaign. I think the only boundaries should be the extremely lawful good character who will try to police everyone and the extremely chaotic evil character who will butcher everybody.
Anything in between and we should be fine

So, what you are trying to say is
"No lawful stupid, and no chaotic stupid."
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChaoticStupid
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LawfulStupid

We live in a very diverse village: followers of Sarenrae and Norgorber living in tenuous harmony, and working together to achieve a common goal. I don't think my level 7 Silvanshee familiar will be fond of you when we get to that level.

However this does bring up an important point: If there are any evil characters then it is advisable that there not be Paladins due to the constant requirement to cast atonement to not lose the ability to be a paladin.

Also, just as a note of reference in the Table Top Role Playing Group, lets assume that regardless of alignment that characters are not going to attack each other for alignment, moral, ethical, occupational, or any other difference unless extreme situations come into play (E.G., Your god commands you to do so, the person's actions go against your current objective and the only way to stop the person is to attack.) I say this because PvP almost always ends with someone's character dying, and the person leaving the group.

blckattk
December 26th, 2012, 01:12
what is the server name?

Nintaku
December 26th, 2012, 01:57
Hello everyone!
I don't use character builders such as Hero Lab to create my characters when I start planning them. I find these programs to be restrictive, and cumbersome. Instead of build characters via a character sheet that I found, and modified to fit my needs.
I tend to create "Ultra-done" characters that plan the character's progression from level 1 to level 20.

This has two effects:
1) It is one hell of a pre-made for new players.
2) It is an NPC whenever I need one. NPCs can have custom stats, but have less money overall.

The sheet I use for planning and play can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3tF_dcxI0LWbkhDQlY3SVAtQlE

Naturally for this game I will port the created character over to PCGen, but still this is less cumbersome than that program.

CrimsonCrust
December 26th, 2012, 19:13
I use PCGEN and Hero lab.

You can do it how you want though.

CrimsonCrust
December 26th, 2012, 19:18
No evil alignments are allowed. Try to keep it to Neutral and above. No Chaotic anything.

You can do evil things as a neutral char if you are doing it for your betterment. I will not restrict the party. But you can't walk into a town and kill everyone.

CrimsonCrust
December 26th, 2012, 19:22
Times are posted on the calendar. The time that gets the most 'Yes' votes will be the time we play at.

I am sorry in advance if someone get's cut because of the time.

Thanks,

CrimsonCrust

CrimsonCrust
December 26th, 2012, 19:33
Lastly if you are going to leave let me know. I am going to close the game for more applications until we find out the final numbers.

Thanks,

CrimsonCrust

avro5731
December 26th, 2012, 19:36
I cant make any of those times (2p est is mid of the work day for me)... thanks for running a campaign just the same!

CrimsonCrust
December 26th, 2012, 19:46
NP thanks man :)

blckattk
December 26th, 2012, 19:49
is the server up right now?

CrimsonCrust
December 26th, 2012, 20:01
I'll put it up right now. Give me 2 min.

Artaron
December 26th, 2012, 22:41
Hi guys I'm going to be on holiday until the 13th so I won't be able to attend the first session if you're going to run it before that.

CrimsonCrust
December 27th, 2012, 01:12
I can NPC it or we can move it one week out. Either way I want to get a day down we can all attend. So press yes to the day you could normally attend.

CrimsonCrust
December 27th, 2012, 19:19
OFFICIAL GAME TIME: Will be Saturdays at 1 PM central. -6 GMT. If you can not make it I am sorry. But I need to go ahead and set a date.

With that being said we are still looking for 1-2 players.

PM me or message in the forum thread.

Thanks,

CrimsonCrust

Copernicus
December 28th, 2012, 01:03
OFFICIAL GAME TIME: Will be Saturdays at 1 PM central. -6 GMT. If you can not make it I am sorry. But I need to go ahead and set a date.
That works for me, I'll PM you the details of my character some time tonight or tomorrow night. I'm new to this website, so I'm not entirely sure how the program works, but I'll get it figured out before we start.

And my vote for playing would be voice, but I can work with whatever anyone else would prefer.

Copernicus
December 28th, 2012, 01:38
what is the server name?

What he said. Is it in the calender or...? Is there anything I need to know to connect, anything to activate the upgraded licence, ect.? I apologize for the dumb questions, but like I said, I'm new here.

CrimsonCrust
December 28th, 2012, 01:47
I have a ultimate license. I don't have it loaded right now. I have to transfer it on a USB stick or upload it on the net then download it on my house comp. Sorry :( Will have to be tomorrow.

Nintaku
December 28th, 2012, 11:43
Hello everyone,
This is the elf who is going to be joining the party if he is approved.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3tF_dcxI0LWOFNQeUlJNTJySmM
He has a light horse, and a donkey so if you have low STR you can load your stuff on the donkey to keep your dex bonuses.
If, however, we go somewhere where the donkey and horse cannot, or if the donkey gets killed, then someone needs to carry my heavy 47 pound backpack full of everything we need to survive anything an adventurer needs to survive.
The only things that are not in it are a shovel, a pickaxe, a lumber axe, and some other highly circumstantial things.
The elf a Moon elf (standard elf) who has violet eyes and hair, with pale skin. The rest of what he looks like is under his equipped gear.

CrimsonCrust
December 28th, 2012, 13:50
Game is up. Come in and get your heros uploaded if you have not done it yet.

Copernicus
December 29th, 2012, 08:17
Conroy Firth was raised in a Elven circus. He was belittled by his family members and the other acrobats due to his penchant for experimenting with the pseudo-magical art of Alchemy. To this day he harbors a resentment to his elven brethren, and finds himself more at home among the Gnomish Alchemist College. After he earned his degree in "Things that go boom", he opened a small shop called "The Bubbling Brew" in a small town he often visited as a child. He joined the local militia to practice his potions and precision with his family's sacred bow, the only Elven heritage he holds dear.

blckattk
December 29th, 2012, 22:17
for my magic items can i get these; Bracers of Armor +2 , wind fan, blowgun corrosive +1

Nintaku
December 30th, 2012, 04:20
for my magic items can i get these; Bracers of Armor +2 , wind fan, scorpion whip spell storing +1
Bracers of Armor +2 (4,000 gp)
Scorpion whip of spell storing +1 (8,000 gp)
Fan, Wind (5,500 gp)

The Fan, Wind is not valid here for starting gear as stipulated in character creation.
You are allowed the following:
1 magical item worth approximately 8,000gp
1 magical item worth approximately 4,000gp
1 magical item worth approximately 2,000gp (Yes, a 2,000gp item, not a 1,000gp item.)
1,000gp to spend any way you wish. Suggestions include adventuring gear, potions, wands, animals, and hirelings.

blckattk
December 30th, 2012, 05:16
you are right it is 2000, 4000, and an 8000 dollar item. so i would like the Handy haversack as an item. and changing my weapon to a blowgun corrosive +1.

Nintaku
December 30th, 2012, 05:26
thank you so instead of the fan I would like Hand of Mage(900p)
I don't see a major problem with that, however I am not the DM.
Do note that the 1100 gold unspent on the magical item is likely inaccessible after character creation, but we will have to wait and see what CrimsonCrust says.

Also I am playing a Magus 2/Witch 1 so if you are trying to access mage hand strictly so someone in the party has it then I have you covered there.

Edit:
Depending on how much gold you are going to spend on gear you could still buy this item with the leftover 1000 gold you are allowed for starting equipment, however this limits you to only 100 gold for all your other equipment.
Things you could buy with 2,000 gold:
Amulet of natural armor +1
Handy haversack (Backpack and Bag of holding had a baby.)
Horn of fog (Obscuring mist on command!)
Manacles of Cooperation (Think thought police handcuffs with a low will save.)
Glove, Glowing (Ever need to leave a glowing handprint to remember your way?)
Clamor Box (Ghost sound in a box.)
Ring of protection +1
Amulet of Natural Armor +1
+1 weapon

blckattk
December 30th, 2012, 06:01
I haven't mentioned it but my familiar is going to be a House Centipede.

blckattk
December 30th, 2012, 06:07
you are right it is 2000, 4000, and an 8000 dollar item. so i would like the Handy haversack as an item. and changing my weapon to a blowgun corrosive +1.

Nintaku
December 30th, 2012, 06:15
On a hillarius side note familiars and animal companions can wear armor referred to as "barding".
I am imagining a House Centipede and a cat both wearing full plate. Sure, they get a -4 to every d20 roll that requires physical movement but their AC is higher...right?
XD

blckattk
December 30th, 2012, 06:21
it will not be in combat lmao. that is just stupid. plus it has a stealth of like 27 so keeping it safe isn't a problem lol.

Nintaku
December 30th, 2012, 06:53
Plus armor bonuses to tiny or smaller creatures is half of what it says in the CRB.
So something that would give +4 ac to a small or larger creature would give +2 ac to a tiny or smaller creature wearing that same armor or barding.

Now, imagine a fine creature wearing full plate.
Oh man, those Mosquitos in fullplate with lances making charge attacks!

CrimsonCrust
December 30th, 2012, 13:45
I will have the server back up on Monday for anyone that is still waiting to have there char. imported or built into FG.

blckattk
December 30th, 2012, 19:55
So i decided to buy Mage hand because i can't wear armor and 100gp is plenty to spend on other things.

Nintaku
December 30th, 2012, 22:48
You can wear armor, but if you are untrained you get a -armor check penalty on all rolls that involve physical action, and the arcane spell failure chance.
Bracers of armor are the best protection for a caster since there isn't anything worthwhile on bracers aside from that.

If you are willing to spend three feats on it then
Arcane Armor Training (-10% ASP) (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/arcane-armor-training-combat)
and
Arcane Armor Mastery (-20% ASP) (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/arcane-armor-mastery-combat [this requires Medium Armor Training])
make Celestial Mail the best armor you can get, and suffer no arcane spell failure or just one feat and suffer the 10% chance (Roll of 1 or 2 on D20).

If you are concerned about defense, or decide to multiclass into a melee class such as the Eldritch Knight then Celestial Armor + Celestial Shield is an amazing combination.
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/specific-magic-armor/celestial-armor
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/specific-magic-shields/celestial-shield
If you have a high dex bonus then the Agile weapon enchantment makes it so you can use Dex for damage if you have weapon finesse.
You could also take a dip on Duelist to add your Int mod, per duelist level, to your Dex bonus. Tons of fantastic ways to be awesome.

blckattk
December 31st, 2012, 06:19
You can wear armor, but if you are untrained you get a -armor check penalty on all rolls that involve physical action, and the arcane spell failure chance.
Bracers of armor are the best protection for a caster since there isn't anything worthwhile on bracers aside from that.

If you are willing to spend three feats on it then
Arcane Armor Training (-10% ASP) (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/arcane-armor-training-combat)
and
Arcane Armor Mastery (-20% ASP) (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/arcane-armor-mastery-combat [this requires Medium Armor Training])
make Celestial Mail the best armor you can get, and suffer no arcane spell failure or just one feat and suffer the 10% chance (Roll of 1 or 2 on D20).

If you are concerned about defense, or decide to multiclass into a melee class such as the Eldritch Knight then Celestial Armor + Celestial Shield is an amazing combination.
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/specific-magic-armor/celestial-armor
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/specific-magic-shields/celestial-shield
If you have a high dex bonus then the Agile weapon enchantment makes it so you can use Dex for damage if you have weapon finesse.
You could also take a dip on Duelist to add your Int mod, per duelist level, to your Dex bonus. Tons of fantastic ways to be awesome.

taking those would severely hinder my spell growth. I'm not wasting 3 feats on armor. also in the end having to roll die to see if my spell fails is pretty bad. i'll just get magic armor items when i can.

CrimsonCrust
December 31st, 2012, 14:46
Server is up for anyone that needs to work on there chars.

CrimsonCrust
December 31st, 2012, 17:02
Server is back up with those mods in place.

CrimsonCrust
December 31st, 2012, 18:37
Try to have all char. Creation done and in FG by the end of Friday.

Nintaku
January 1st, 2013, 01:09
Something that is nice about Fantasygrounds is that we can't see each other's character sheets.
If someone is told to roll a skill check, everyone else can't say, "Oh, he sucks at that, let me roll!"

The little things.

CrimsonCrust
January 1st, 2013, 02:52
Something that is nice about Fantasygrounds is that we can't see each other's character sheets.
If someone is told to roll a skill check, everyone else can't say, "Oh, he sucks at that, let me roll!"

The little things.

lol :D :D :D :D

Laucian
January 2nd, 2013, 12:47
If there's still room for one more, I'd like to join. I'm free to play anytime, anyday.

CrimsonCrust
January 2nd, 2013, 13:51
If there's still room for one more, I'd like to join. I'm free to play anytime, anyday.

At this point we are full. I can add your name to contact if someone drops though.

Laucian
January 2nd, 2013, 14:03
At this point we are full. I can add your name to contact if someone drops though.

That would be great thanks.

CrimsonCrust
January 2nd, 2013, 14:44
Fantasy Grounds is up and running for anyone that needs to finish there Chars.

So far Blckattack, Nintaku, Copernicus, Mandrokar (Gertak I think) have completed there chars.

Mandrokar still needs a portrait though :)

Thanks,

CrimsonCrust

Copernicus
January 2nd, 2013, 20:57
I haven't put my extracts on the sheet, but they're the same as the PDF file I uploaded. I'll get to that next time the server is up.

CrimsonCrust
January 2nd, 2013, 20:59
I haven't put my extracts on the sheet, but they're the same as the PDF file I uploaded. I'll get to that next time the server is up.

Hey Copernicus. It is up now if you want to do it. The server will be up tomorrow and Friday as well.

Thanks,

CrimsonCrust

Copernicus
January 2nd, 2013, 21:03
Then why won't the frickin thing let me connect? grrr...

CrimsonCrust
January 2nd, 2013, 21:04
Then why won't the frickin thing let me connect? grrr...

Weird let me reload it.

CrimsonCrust
January 2nd, 2013, 21:06
OK it is back up. Try it again.

Copernicus
January 2nd, 2013, 21:07
Weird let me reload it.

There we go, I think I just needed to update.

CrimsonCrust
January 2nd, 2013, 21:52
OK server is down I'll have it back up tomorrow.

Thanks,

CrimsonCrust

CrimsonCrust
January 3rd, 2013, 12:21
Server is up for anyone needing to finish up there chars.

CrimsonCrust
January 4th, 2013, 15:16
Server is up. Please have all your chars. finished for tomorrows game!

CrimsonCrust
January 4th, 2013, 21:10
Here is the TS info for our game tomorrow.

crust.killervent.com

You can use it whenever you want.

Nintaku
January 5th, 2013, 00:09
I am going to be going to get a new prescription for my eyes come 4pm pst saturday.
For this reason we should start at 11am pst, and finish around 3 - 3:40 pst.
If the game continues beyond that time, I will have to bow out early.

CrimsonCrust
January 5th, 2013, 08:31
I am going to be going to get a new prescription for my eyes come 4pm pst saturday.
For this reason we should start at 11am pst, and finish around 3 - 3:40 pst.
If the game continues beyond that time, I will have to bow out early.

Sounds good man.

blckattk
January 5th, 2013, 08:51
is there a new server name?

Nintaku
January 5th, 2013, 09:07
As far as has been announced what is provided is the server we will be playing on.
A teamspeak server was announced, so please get teamspeak. The newest versions of the program are quite nice.

From what I can tell we will be using Fantasy Grounds for the gameplay, typing, and so forth, and Teamspeak for the voice-chat.

Do keep in mind that if a player is unable to access voice chat during sessions that this either hampers the individual player's experience as some of what is spoken is not typed, or the entire campaign slows to a crawl while everyone types everything.

If you cannot speak on teamspeak then at least listen in, and type your dialogue.

CrimsonToast might have different rules, but as far as I can tell that is what is required at the minimum.

A message to all involved, PLEASE be ready to start at 11am pst when the game is scheduled. I understand that it is unrealistic to expect everyone to log in 15 to 5 minutes early so everything can get settled in to start on time, but it is not so for everyone to put in a good effort to show up by at least the starting time we all agreed to.

Either way... <3<3<3 =P

CrimsonCrust
January 5th, 2013, 15:38
Server is up if you want to complete your chars. I will have it up until the game starts in 3 and a half hours.

CrimsonCrust
January 5th, 2013, 15:51
The TS server is up as well. : )

Thanks,

CrimsonCrust

CrimsonCrust
January 5th, 2013, 18:17
Also blck the login for the server has not changed. It can be found on the campaign page.

Thanks,

CrismonCrust

Copernicus
January 5th, 2013, 23:26
Is the wererat level one template the level I get, or would it be the Dire Rat lycanthropy class? Because if I'm not able to change on command I may just go with the level in alchemy.

Copernicus
January 5th, 2013, 23:41
ignore my last post, I've figured it out.

CrimsonCrust
January 6th, 2013, 00:42
Is the wererat level one template the level I get, or would it be the Dire Rat lycanthropy class? Because if I'm not able to change on command I may just go with the level in alchemy.

I'm confused by this. But I will have the servers up monday-friday so people can update there chars. I will also be able to discuss that with you then. Hope that helps :)

Thanks,

CrimsonCrust

Copernicus
January 6th, 2013, 02:19
I'm confused by this. But I will have the servers up monday-friday so people can update there chars. I will also be able to discuss that with you then. Hope that helps :)

Thanks,

CrimsonCrust

Yeah I'm totally lost. We'll figure it out then.

Nintaku
January 6th, 2013, 02:59
So lets go over how the afflicted wererat works per the rules, and from there the DM can change what he wants to better serve his interests since the rules are more of guidelines anyway.

There are two types of lycanthropes: Natural Born, and Afflicted.
Both of them have the template that is found here: (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/lycanthrope).

Natural Born lycanthropes can change at-will, and are not subject to any changes in personality/alignment during these changes. The Natural Born lycanthrope retains complete control in any of his shapes since he grew up with human and bestial urges as part of who, and what, he is. A Natural Born wererat is not just a human or a rat, but a human and a rat. For this reason the Natural Born Wererat has a personality that is derived from both his human and rat personalities. He is the sum of all his parts, and they are not exclusive.

Afflicted lycanthropes are much different. First off the rat urges for an afflicted wererat are new to the individual, but he is unaware of them at first.
One important thing to remember with afflicted lycanthropy is as follows:

"A creature that catches lycanthropy becomes an afflicted lycanthrope, but shows no symptoms (and does not gain any of the template's adjustments or abilities) until the night of the next full moon, when the victim involuntarily assumes animal form and forgets his or her own identity. The character remains in animal form until the next dawn and remembers nothing about the entire episode (or subsequent episodes) unless he makes a DC 20 Will save, in which case he becomes aware of his condition."

This means that when the afflicted character shifts into animal form he forgets his own identity until returning to human form. The character must first have an episode, and then make a DC 20 will save to even be aware of what is happening. Until this happens the character cannot shift into animal or hybrid form for the reason that it is unaware that it can happen. Until the first episode the character is not even considered a lycanthrope, and things that should effect lycanthropes have no effect on the character in question since the disease/curse has not taken over.

If the character in question has had an episode by the time the next session comes around, and passed the DC 20 will save, and is aware of the affliction he can change into hybrid or animal form with a constitution check.

All lycanthropes have three forms—a humanoid form, an animal form, and a hybrid form. Equipment does not meld with the new form between humanoid and hybrid form, but does between those forms and animal form. A natural lycanthrope can shift to any of its three alternate forms as a move-equivalent action. An afflicted lycanthrope can assume animal or hybrid form as a full-round action by making a DC 15 Constitution check, or humanoid form as a full-round action by making a DC 20 Constitution check. On nights when the full moon is visible, an afflicted lycanthrope gains a +5 morale bonus to Constitution checks made to assume animal or hybrid form, but a –5 penalty to Constitution checks made to assume humanoid form. An afflicted lycanthrope reverts to its humanoid form automatically with the next sunrise, or after 8 hours of rest, whichever comes first. A slain lycanthrope reverts to its humanoid form, although it remains dead.

Keep in mind that in animal/hybrid form the player using the character might not have control at all, and the animal takes over. If the player loses control then the creature becomes a DM controlled monster that may, or may not, follow the Player's wishes. The player can only watch as his character does whatever the beast within desires to do based on the alignment of the base animal ([Dire-?]rat).

Since the Will save to be aware of being in animal form is DC 20 will save, shifting into hybrid/animal form might require a DC 20 will save to retain control as a human personality. Failure of that save might make the creature become a DM controlled monster again.
How it could work is the PC could make a DC 20 will save every round he wants to be in control while in animal/hybrid form to act as a human, and a failure means the DM controls the character. However. this round by round dice rolling will be time consumeing.
Another alternative is that when the PC is aware of his condition that while he is in animal/hybrid form, and failed his will save, that he can attempt the constitution check every round to regain his humanity from the beast to shift back into human form so that he could reshift back into animal/hybrid form in the hopes of a better save.

It is up to the DM.

One thing to keep in mind this this:
The PC only sees one bonus in all of his forms: +2 wis, -2 cha.

All the other benefits/penalties are in animal/hybrid form only.

I could offer advice, but I am going to let CrimsonCrust decide how he wants to handle this. Becoming an afflicted lycanthrope is often a major problem for a player character, instead of it being a plus.

The character should gain the class level that he earned, and level up as normal since this template is more about the player losing control of his character at times instead of him gaining a benefit. Think of the beast as a creature that casts Dominate Creature DC 20 Will save every time the PC goes into Animal/Hybrid form.

The minimum cost of Remove Disease by the 12th level caster is 360 by the rules given here ( https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/equipment---final/goods-and-services/hirelings-servants-services ) (Caster level[12th] x spell level [3rd, Cleric] x 10)

Nintaku
January 6th, 2013, 03:23
So how much gold did we get for that entire dungeon?

CrimsonCrust
January 6th, 2013, 03:34
Nintanku that's not how we plan on doing it. But thanks ;)

CrimsonCrust
January 6th, 2013, 03:34
No gold btw. But don't worry there will be plenty of gold to be made and had. There is big parts of this campaign that will require large sums of gold if you wish to partake in certain aspects and bonuses.

CrimsonCrust
January 6th, 2013, 03:37
We are going to be using a modified version of this template.

https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20030912a

CrimsonCrust
January 6th, 2013, 03:43
A wererat who is aware of his condition retains his identity and does not lose control of his actions when he changes. Each time he involuntarily changes to his animal form, however, he must make a Will save (DC 15 + number of times he has been in animal form) or permanently assume the alignment of his lycanthrope type (chaotic evil for wererats) in all forms. Any voluntary change to dire rat or hybrid form immediately and permanently changes the character's alignment to chaotic evil.

This will be changed. He will not permanently assume the alignment of the lycanthrope.

He will have to make a will save of a DC 15 otherwise lose his turn for 1D10 turns, at that point he can make another save. During the time he is out of control I am going to make it a berserk kind of thing, where he attacks at random. Also I will let him play the char. during that time he will just have no choice of who he attacks. I will have him roll a D8 and to determine the direction he attacks in.

I will also be making suitable rules for the full moon for him.

I was planning on keeping this between me and him though ;)

CrimsonCrust
January 6th, 2013, 03:47
Until the character has taken the optional 1 level in the dire rat animal class (see Dire Rat Abilities, below), changing shape to dire rat form does not give him the abilities of a dire rat -- he simply is able to take that creature's shape, as if he had a perfect disguise. Since this ability is of limited use, most characters taking levels in the wererat template class choose to take the optional 1 level of the dire rat class as well in order to gain the full abilities of their animal forms.

This is what he was referring too, I was going to discuss it with him. Since that is not possible now, I will tell you all that he will have to take that level in the dire rat class if he wants those ability's. So he can have a total of 3 levels 2 in were-rat and one in dire rat.

Also I do not want to change his progression to 20 with alchemy. So if he decides to take these classes he can do them simultaneously, the downside will be that he takes half xp to reach both lvs. (kind of like 2nd edition I think, can't remember). But only 1 level of dire and 1 level of alchemy at a time. It is actually nice for him that he got this at such a low level.

CrimsonCrust
January 6th, 2013, 03:47
And last but not least, he can choose to get this cured.

Nintaku
January 6th, 2013, 04:51
Ahh, the 3.5 version.
Sounds good, balanced due to the level adjustment, and well thought out.

I always love full transparency on the player side unless someone is going to turn out to be big-bad. Those can be tricky, but can be done even with full transparency.

Copernicus
January 6th, 2013, 09:06
My question stems from this.

Did the curse add a new class to my character, that class being wererat. If so where do I find the hit dice, class skills and such, because I don't see it on that webpage.

OR

Did the curse simply add a template to my character, but not a class.

My assumption is that It's the first option, but I would like to know for sure because I have a history if idiocy.
If it's not painfully obvious, I have never played a character with a template.

Nintaku
January 6th, 2013, 09:12
So I am looking at the leadership feat as a possible level 9 feat, and eyeing a Hound Archon as a cohort.
To qualify for the Hound Archon I need a leadership of at least 7.
So lets break it down:
at level 9 my leadership will be:
Class levels + charisma mod + leadership modifiers.
So 9+(-1)+(-1)=8. Should work!
Recruiting cohorts of a different alignment lowers leadership by 1 point until the cohort is no longer the player's cohort. This is not cumulative.

Depending on where the game goes we might find ourselves having a stronghold or base of operations. My followers, and anyone else's, from leadership can take care of this place while we are off on whirlwind adventures.

The nice part about Cohorts is that if the PCs die they can just play the Cohorts instead of re-rolling characters.

Nintaku
January 6th, 2013, 09:31
Copernicus I can see your confusion. Pathfinder did away with the ECL system since it was a load of trash anyway.

In Pathfinder base rules a template counts at class levels for all extents and purposes.
CrimsonCrust is attempting to mix a AD&D rule, a 3.5 template with its own rules, and Pathfinder together.

Lets get the AD&D rule out of the way first.
You can apply up to 1/2 your XP earned from this point forward towards your alternate class (wererat). This alternate class maxes out at level 4, whereas Alchemist maxes out at level 20.

In D&D 3.5 there was this extremely shitty system called "ECL" or Estimated Character Level. It was what the monster's character level would be if you applied class levels to him. The entire ECL system is a cluster**** that would end up with extremely OP or UP characters. Throw in that as WotC went along 3.5 became unbalanced as all hell and the new bestiaries needed to have ECLs balanced to new books and, well, lets just say ECL 3 for monster manual 1 is insanely UP compared to an ECL 3 from Monster Manual 4.

Pathfinder you should be familiar with.

This is what I have gathered.
You have 2 classes now.
Alchemist
Wererat [Category]

Within the Wererat category is Wererat class, and Dire Rat class.
You can take 1 level in Dire Rat, and 3 levels in wererat.

You have gained 1 level in the wererat class, and therefore you get the following:

level 1 CR+1 Special: +2 Wis, natural armor +2, alternate form (dire rat), low-light vision, shapechanger subtype, wererat feat (Alertness)
Wererat Template Class Features

All of the following are class features of the wererat template class.

Ability Score Changes: The indicated ability score increases or decreases by the amount noted.

Alternate Form (Su): At 1st level, the wererat can take the form of a dire rat, and he undergoes this change involuntarily on the nights of the full moon or in times of stress, as described in the Monster Manual. Unless the wererat is a natural lycanthrope, he does not automatically have control over this ability and must attempt a Control Shape check to intentionally change form or to resist an involuntary change. For an afflicted lycanthrope, Control Shape is a class skill for all classes as well as racial Hit Dice, if any. Natural lycanthropes have full control over when they change shape and do not need to take ranks in this skill. Changing form is a standard action that can be attempted once per round.

A wererat who is aware of his condition retains his identity and does not lose control of his actions when he changes. Each time he involuntarily changes to his animal form, however, he must make a Will save (DC 15 + number of times he has been in animal form) or permanently assume the alignment of his lycanthrope type (chaotic evil for wererats) in all forms. Any voluntary change to dire rat or hybrid form immediately and permanently changes the character's alignment to chaotic evil.

Until the character has taken the optional 1 level in the dire rat animal class (see Dire Rat Abilities, below), changing shape to dire rat form does not give him the abilities of a dire rat -- he simply is able to take that creature's shape, as if he had a perfect disguise. Since this ability is of limited use, most characters taking levels in the wererat template class choose to take the optional 1 level of the dire rat class as well in order to gain the full abilities of their animal forms.

Natural Armor Improvements: At 1st level, the wererat's natural armor bonus increases by +2 in all forms. A character that does not normally have a natural armor bonus (such as a human) is considered to have an initial natural armor bonus of +0 for the purpose of this ability. Thus, a human's natural armor bonus would increase to +2 at 1st level. The wererat also gains additional natural armor increases in his hybrid or animal form if he takes the dire rat class.

Shapechanger Subtype (Ex): At 1st level, the lycanthrope gains the shapechanger subtype.

Wererat Bonus Feats: At 1st level, the wererat gains the feats indicated above, assuming that he doesn't already have them. If the wererat doesn't meet the prerequisites (if any) for a bonus feat, he gains the feat but cannot use it until he does meet the prerequisites.

Low-Light Vision (Ex): A 1st-level wererat gains low-light vision.

The above plus the changes detailed by CrimsonCrust.

So you do not gain HP, Bab, Fort, Ref, or Will. Hell you don't even gain 1 HP from Toughness since you did not increase in HD at all.
Instead of all of this, you gain the template.

If you are somewhat confused then don't worry, that is pretty much what 3.5 is compared to Pathfinder.

Copernicus
January 6th, 2013, 09:56
Ok thanks, that cleared that up.

I'll have to work out the XP thing with crimson, but that's pretty much what I thought.

CrimsonCrust
January 6th, 2013, 12:50
Nintanku is almost right. You can only take 2 levels in wererat.

CrimsonCrust
January 6th, 2013, 12:52

Also like I stated this is changed. Read what I posted before to find out what it changed too.

Copernicus
January 7th, 2013, 02:36
I've got it, I just wasn't sure what the class situation was. We'll talk about the XP situation either monday or tuesday, because I'm still a little fuzzy on how it will work.

CrimsonCrust
January 7th, 2013, 03:22
Yeah we can skype or TS voice helps :)

CrimsonCrust
January 7th, 2013, 15:46
Server is going up right now.

CrimsonCrust
January 7th, 2013, 19:35
Whoever is in the server I don't know who you are to release your char. Let me know.

-CrimsonCrust

CrimsonCrust
January 8th, 2013, 13:51
Server is going up for anyone that needs to update there char.

Thanks,

CrimsonCrust

CrimsonCrust
January 10th, 2013, 16:31

Copernicus
January 10th, 2013, 22:44
Sorry I haven't been able to update, my sleep schedule is messed up. If the server is up now I'm available.

CrimsonCrust
January 11th, 2013, 16:07
I can put it up now if you are around let me know.

Copernicus
January 11th, 2013, 16:08
I am, and yes please

Copernicus
January 11th, 2013, 16:49
Is it up? I can't seem to connect.

CrimsonCrust
January 11th, 2013, 18:58
Restarted it. Don't know why you could not connect though :(

CrimsonCrust
January 11th, 2013, 19:40
I just closed it down so I could upload it. I'll have it back up tonight. Still need to flesh some stuff out.

CrimsonCrust
January 11th, 2013, 23:42
OK server is up. I'll leave it up for awhile.

Thanks,

CrimsonCrust

Copernicus
January 12th, 2013, 01:02
Just woke up again... Anyway if the server is still up I can't connect. I've tried updating and restarting, no idea what the problem is.

CrimsonCrust
January 12th, 2013, 01:16
My kid shut the lid of my comp try again.

CrimsonCrust
January 12th, 2013, 01:17
New alias undead dungeon young bard

Copernicus
January 12th, 2013, 02:10
This freaking program... Still can't connect.

Nintaku
January 12th, 2013, 04:20
Don't worry about it Copernicus.
After level 1 changes to Pathfinder characters take minimal amounts of time.
I have been busy all week, so getting into the program to update my char has not happened.
I will be getting up about 1 hr early to update my character sheet on friday.

CrimsonCrust
January 12th, 2013, 15:31
You mean Saturday?

The server will be up 30-45 min before game time.

Don't forget the new alias.

blckattk
January 12th, 2013, 15:40
I am gonna drop from this game. too much to play games back to back in between 12 hr shifts.

CrimsonCrust
January 12th, 2013, 15:44
OK, np. :)

Jasonlamb will be taking Blcks spot. He won't be starting until next Saturday though. So this game will only have 5 players. I will be NPCing Jason's rogue until next week.

Thanks,

CrimsonCrust

CrimsonCrust
January 12th, 2013, 18:58
Server is up don't forget the new alias.

Thanks,

Crimson

Copernicus
January 12th, 2013, 19:06
I have no idea what's wrong but I can't connect with the new alias.

Nintaku
January 12th, 2013, 19:08
Cannot connect to server.

CrimsonCrust
January 12th, 2013, 19:09
undead dungeon young bard

Are you using that?

Copernicus
January 12th, 2013, 19:10
Yep, just says can't connect to host.

CrimsonCrust
January 12th, 2013, 19:12
Give me 10 min. I am going to go to my office and load it there.

CrimsonCrust
January 12th, 2013, 19:20
Use

cowardly zone nosy grave

again.

Nintaku
January 13th, 2013, 01:51
"Oh, hello there friend Orcs! Is your warband lost?"
<<KILL THEM!>>
"Oh, oh ****, um, Haha! It was a trap all along! GO GO GADGET ILLUSIONS!"
<<There are more of them! Kill them till they die! Why is the killing them till they die not working? What is that double barreled stick he is pointing at....>>
"SUCK ON BUCKSHOT MOTHER****ERS!"
*BANG* *BANG*
Orc has disconnected from live.
<<What the hell!>>
"Reloading!"
<<Quickly! Kill the soldiers before they encircle us!>>
"And--done reloading!"
<<Oh, shi->>
*BANG* *Bang*
Orc has left the building!
Ogre has left the building!
A wild Ogre Magi has appeared!
"Its a bird! Its a plane! Its a...a...INCOMING!"
*Ogre Magi has used Awesome Critical Skill of Ownage!*
"WHY!!!!!"
*A party member is incapacitated.*
<<Score one for Big O. M.!>>
*Orc Leader attacks an illusion and realizes, oh, hey, its an illusion!*
<<DAMNIT!>>
*A wild Elf has appeared!*
"Obscuring Mist!"
*A large sphere of fog appears.*
<<Damn elf farts!>>
*Orc Leader looks at a dwarf*
<<This is all YOUR fault!>>
"Wait, no no nonononononono...!""
*A dwarf is incapacitated*
<<Yeah, take that!>>
*Orc Lord takes a flask to the face, a very hot flask.*
<<My eyes! WRY!!!!!>>
"Be HEALED!"
*All party members are healed, congratulations! No one is now dying anymore!*
*Orc Lord give trollface*
<<O RLY?>>
*A party member is incapacitated!*
"Ha! HAHA! Take Tha-"
*A flask of burning hot DEATH lands in the Orc Leader's face!*
<<Gah! Seriously?! I'm going to kill, you Damn Dirty Ape!>>
*Everyone sighs.*
"I am...blah blah blah...Face ME!"
*Orc leader laughs*
*Rough laughs, and slides his blades into place in Orc LEader's torso!*
"And--so we get the last laugh."
<<Wrong again!>>
*Ogre Magi shoots rogue*
*The elf drags the Orc Leader to safety, and ties him up.*
"If we get him back to town we can interrogate him!"
*A wild Deus Ex Machina has appeared!*
<<Uh, Oh.>>
*A wild Dexu Ex Machina casts a spell!*
<<Damnit!>>
*Ogre Magi bursts into flames, and evaporates before hitting the ground!*
"So, we are totally taking this Orc Leader back to--"
*Obscuring Mist fades!*
*Orc Leader's head is missing!*
"Guess not."

Copernicus
January 13th, 2013, 06:03
You know, there's a chance that he would had told us about the portals, or another orc attack, or where he buried his hidden treasure. In my defense, there's also a good chance that he would have broken free, ate your mule, and escaped into the forest to plot his revenge. I find it's best to eliminate big bads before they get a change to bad. Now we just need to find all their families to prevent an orc boba fett.

Nintaku
January 13th, 2013, 21:44
lol no need for defenses.
We are all adventurers who do what we believe is the correct thing to do in accordance with our characters, and our alignments.
I was just condensing the seed down to something I found funny. ^_^

CrimsonCrust
January 14th, 2013, 20:14
10% to Nintanku. Post it on Obsidian will you?

Nintaku
January 15th, 2013, 00:03
I can post it on Obsidian, but I will make a higher quality version that wasn't made for parody purposes.
I can keep it brief, or make it long with my story writing skills--your choice: Chronicle, or Tale of the Journey.

CrimsonCrust
January 15th, 2013, 13:54
Whatever you think is best :) I don't want to waist your time too much on it. But whatever 'floats your boat.' :)

-Crimson

Nintaku
January 16th, 2013, 07:29
Well, if it is whatever I think it best...
I have an important question: Is Guldenburg going to be destroyed or is it not?
If there are no plans to sacrifice Guldenburg as a plot device then the "Epic of Calamity" can be told in a tavern by...
I'm going to make a bard character who is telling the tale after the events at Guldenburg have ended. No one knows exactly where this fox-like figure came from, or how he knows what happened, but he knows everything that has befallen the heroes. A knowledge (Planes) check would tell listeners that he is a Vupinal, and that he can cast Invisibility at-will, and therefore never be seen by the heroes. He never references himself in the story, but it is possible that the player characters might catch a glimpse of him during the actual sessions when he is careless, or makes a mistake.
Of course, this also means that he can never be killed in-game since he is the one telling the story, or if a vupinal IS killed that it wasn't him.

Bottom line comes to this: If you approve of the story being told by a character who is telling it some unspecified point in the future, and who is immortal, then you can use this character to help/save the players if things go south on them. Just remember that he is, for all extents and purposes, immortal and cannot be killed in play. Think of him as your very own vehicle for Deus Ex Machina, the party's personal ace, or even The Mentor who cleverly aids the players towards the most dramatic goal via illusions, clever dialogue, or whatever else you wish to use that is up your sleeve.

So, in a nutshell
A) I am adding an outsider bard who I approve of being used in game, but cannot be killed by any means, and who has the ability to never be seen by the party.
B) The story is being told in past tense by a bard in a tavern that is either in Absalom, Guldenburg, or possibly even Nirvana.
C) If the character is used in game then he should be used as the logical support that aids the party. Just note that Vupinals are Neutral Good.

CrimsonCrust
January 16th, 2013, 08:03
I just want a write up of what your char went through in that session.

Nintaku
January 16th, 2013, 09:53
And--you shall have it! *Dramatic pose with a keyboard*

I will post this on Obsidian.

The Last Stand, 11/1/2012
The heroes awoke in the guest bedding in the Temple of Pelor. They donned their gear, and headed downstairs to the common area. The reverend greeted the heroes, and informed them of a text he was in the middle of translating with the help of Pelor. He asked them to visit the Mayor and the Guard Captain. One of the heroes stole a golden chalice (worth 50gp) as the party was leaving for the Guard Captain.

The Guard Captain gave the heroes envelopes from the mayor, and within each was a symbol of the city granting the heroes prestige within the city's dominion. The Guard Captain told the heroes that the Mayor left for the capitol to seek help with the portals, and the encroaching orc invasion. He explained that the orcs killed a patrol, Guard Bob the gambler included, and that many good men were lost. Some of the heroes were enraged with the news since Bob owed many people money, the heroes included.

The heroes set out to seek revenge, and to collect from what remains of Bob's body. As the heroes rode north the gods, angered by the theft of the Chalice worth 50gp created a storm to punish the members. However, the gods were nice enough to allow the storm to pass when the heroes made camp.

The next day, the heroes encountered the orcs. Before them stood many orcs and few ogres, but it was what hid above them that was the frightening foe: The Ogre Magi! The elf foolishly hailed the orcs, asking if they needed help. The orcs responded with bellowing roars of war as their master pointed in a most dramatic manner at the heroes.

The heroes created an army of illusions to confuse the orcs, introduced them to the modern era of shotguns, showed them the power of a fully functional battle station(monk), gave the orcs' leader a gracious helping of Alchemist Bombs, and impromptu injections of steel.

In the end the orcs fell to the heroes, but the Ogre Magi remained. In their darkest hour the heroes fought for their lives against the Magi, but that was also when from out of nowhere a Wild Reverend appeared to incinerate the Ogre Magi.
With the orc threat defeated, for now, the heroes turned their collective gaze to a greater threat....

CrimsonCrust
January 16th, 2013, 13:19
Looks awesome take 10 % of last sessions xp as a bonus.

Nintaku
January 17th, 2013, 03:44
How much did we get last time?

CrimsonCrust
January 17th, 2013, 13:07
2750 total so take 275.

Copernicus
January 18th, 2013, 04:29
I threw up a write up for the first adventure, and apologies to our cleric for forgetting your character's name. I also couldn't remember what was under the column.

CrimsonCrust
January 18th, 2013, 13:05
NP 10% for that day. 185 XP. Looks good man :)

CrimsonCrust
January 19th, 2013, 15:45
OK the server is up. Our rogue already had a belt of dex so the belt of ogre str is up for grabs. You can also decide to sell it in town when you get back.

Thanks,

CrimsonCrust

CrimsonCrust
January 19th, 2013, 23:24
Each player get's 2350 XP for the last encounter.

If you do a write up you get a bonus 235 xp.

Conroy you take half. But full bonus XP if you do a write up.

Nintaku
January 20th, 2013, 10:40
So lets get a discussion on Firearms going. At the moment they are being treated as bows with expensive ammo.

As far as I can tell we are using the Emerging Guns rules:

Emerging Guns: Firearms become more common. They are mass-produced by small guilds, lone gunsmiths, dwarven clans, or maybe even a nation or two—the secret is slipping out, and the occasional rare adventurer uses guns. The baseline Gunslinger rules and the prices for ammunition given in this chapter are for this type of campaign. Early firearms are available, but are relatively rare. Adventurers who want to use guns must take the Gunsmithing feat just to make them feasible weapons. Advanced firearms may exist, but only as rare and wondrous items—the stuff of high-level treasure troves.

Since the player uses scatter weapons this applies:

Scatter Weapon Quality: A weapon with the scatter weapon quality can shoot two different types of ammunition. It can fire normal bullets that target one creature, or it can make a scattering shot, attacking all creatures within a cone. Cannons with the scatter weapon quality only fire grapeshot, unless their descriptions state otherwise. When a scatter weapon attacks all creatures within a cone, it makes a separate attack roll against each creature within the cone. Each attack roll takes a –2 penalty, and its attack damage cannot be modified by precision damage or damage-increasing feats such as Vital Strike. Effects that grant concealment, such as fog or smoke, or the blur, invisibility, or mirror image spells, do not foil a scatter attack. If any of the attack rolls threaten a critical, confirm the critical for that attack roll alone. A firearm that makes a scatter shot misfires only if all of the attack rolls made misfire. If a scatter weapon explodes on a misfire, it deals triple its damage to all creatures within the misfire radius.

So, lets look at something vitally important:
Advanced Firearms are intended to be used when everyone is using guns, or a high levels to balance Gunslingers with other classes. If you notice almost every class in the game has a gun using archetype.

Banning advanced firearms is the quick fix, if the player in question has an advanced firearm refund the money so more low-tech firearms can be bought.

As far as I can tell the Gunslinger in the group is using the "Shotgun, double-barreled" since that is the only gun that uses Scatter ammo, and can hold two shots.
Take note that the Shotgun, double-barreled is an advanced firearm.

The major difference between (Early) and (Advanced) firearms is that advanced firearms have safer rules when compared to early firearms. The important ones will be provided below.

Range and Penetration: Armor, whether manufactured or natural, provides little protection against the force of a bullet at short range.

Early Firearms: When firing an early firearm, the attack resolves against the target’s touch AC when the target is within the first range increment of the weapon, but this type of attack is not considered a touch attack for the purposes of feats and abilities such as Deadly Aim. At higher range increments, the attack resolves normally, including taking the normal cumulative –2 penalty for each full range increment. Unlike other projectile weapons, early firearms have a maximum range of five range increments.

Advanced Firearms: Advanced firearms resolve their attacks against touch AC when the target is within the first five range increments, but this type of attack is not considered a touch attack for the purposes of feats such as Deadly Aim. At higher range increments, the attack resolves normally, including taking the normal cumulative –2 penalty for each full-range increment. Advanced firearms have a maximum range of 10 range increments.

Loading a Firearm: You need at least one hand free to load one-handed and two-handed firearms. In the case of two-handed firearms, you hold the weapon in one hand and load it with the other—you only need to hold it in two hands to aim and shoot the firearm. Loading siege firearms requires both hands, and one hand usually manipulates a large ramrod (which can be wielded as a club in combat). The Rapid Reload feat reduces the time required to load one-handed and two-handed firearms, but this feat does not reduce the time it takes to load siege firearms.

Loading any firearm provokes attacks of opportunity. Other rules for loading a firearm depend on whether the firearm is an early firearm or an advanced firearm.

Early Firearms: Early firearms are muzzle-loaded, requiring bullets or pellets and black powder to be rammed down the muzzle. If an early firearm has multiple barrels, each barrel must be loaded separately. It is a standard action to load each barrel of a one-handed early firearm and a full-round action to load each barrel of a two-handed early firearm. It takes three full-round actions by one person to load a siege firearm. This can be reduced to two full-round actions if more than one person is loading the cannon.

Advanced Firearms: Advanced firearms are chamber-loaded. It is a move action to load a one-handed or two-handed advanced firearm to its full capacity.

Misfires: If the natural result of your attack roll falls within a firearm’s misfire value, that shot misses, even if you would have otherwise hit the target. When a firearm misfires, it gains the broken condition. While it has the broken condition, it suffers the normal disadvantages that broken weapons do, and its misfire value increases by 4 unless the wielder has gun training in the particular type of firearm (see Gunslinger). In that case, the misfire value increases by 2 instead of 4.

Early Firearms: If an early firearm with the broken condition misfires again, it explodes. When a nonmagical firearm explodes, the weapon is destroyed. Magical firearms are wrecked, which means they can’t fire until they are fully restored (which requires either the make whole spell or the Gunsmithing feat). When a gun explodes, pick one corner of your square—the explosion creates a burst from that point of origin. Each firearm has a burst size noted in parentheses after its misfire value. Any creature within this burst (including the firearm’s wielder) takes damage as if it had been hit by the weapon—a DC 12 Reflex save halves this damage.

Advanced Firearms: Advanced firearms can misfire, but when they do, they only gain the broken condition. A further misfire does not cause advanced firearms to explode.

The purpose of the Gunslinger class in an (Early) Firearms setting is to have a character who can hit hard, and hit often, but has to spend a lot of time reloading. Unless the gunslinger is walking around with a bunch of guns, he will be spending at least some rounds reloading his weapons. Water also becomes an issue since wet black powder renders firearms useless, and considering that (early) firearms do not use cartridges if the gun is submerged in water it cannot be fired until it is cleaned out, dried, and then loaded.

Firearms, when within the 1st range increment for (early) firearms, or the first five for (advanced) firearms target touch.

So lets talk genre difference. What should each firearm type look like in battle?

In the (early) firearms era there are still people running around with swords, shields, and hacking each other apart since firearms take so much time to use and explode 5-20% of the time when used.

In the (advanced) firearms era people are using trenches to get concealment from their enemies, they are planting tower shields to get concealment, and taking pot-shots at each other. People are NOT out in the open unless they have outrageous dex to dodge bullets.

So early is like the advent of firearms. Knights in armor still charged enemy lines since firearms, quite frankly, sucked. In the advanced era (Say, World War 1) knights were long extinct. The simple fact of the matter is that event at early firearms the era of swords and sorcery is in decline. Guns require less skill to use, and can start being used earlier than the wizard who has to study to get his masters or doctoral degree in magic before he even becomes a level 1 wizard.

So, the bottom line is that the reason the DM finds firearms to be overpowered is because they ARE overpowered. They are supposed to be high risk high reward. This is the entire reason why gunslingers can pump out damage.

How it is supposed to work is he can do a ton of damage, but if he fires all his weapons he becomes useless while he reloads his weapons which costs around 1 standard for 1 handed weapons or a full round for a two handed gun--the point is that there is considerable downtime.

The gunslinger is the Fighter's Evoker class: Lower AC than a fully armored knight, but can reliably hit enemies for massive damage. If you think his normal damage is high, just wait and see what he can do with a Double hackbut with its damage a 2d12. Too bad it imparts a -4 penalty for being fired when not mounted, and knocks the user prone if it is not mounted.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/firearms

CrimsonCrust
January 20th, 2013, 15:23
Let's not have this discussion. Me and Trueshots will handle it.

I have already decided with him what will happen. Little things may come up.

But thanks for posting Nintanku.

Nintaku
January 23rd, 2013, 01:39
You walk into a bar...

The quest giver recounts his description of what the quest area is like, and his experience...

CrimsonCrust
January 23rd, 2013, 02:07
Hahahah

That is hilarious :)

Nintaku
January 23rd, 2013, 05:07
So this goes as far as I could remember on the party.
I can remember that we have a Cleric, Rogue, Gunslinger(Double Barrel shotgun), Archer(Composite bow), Magus(skimitar), and a wererat.
And-therefore...
Cheers.

All art belongs to their respective owners.
If you are wondering:
Meredith from Brave - Garret from the Thief Series - Ash Wednesday from Evil Dead trilogy - Drizzt from The Legend of Drizzt series - "Cleric" from Deviantart.com - "wererat" from Deviantart.com

CrimsonCrust
January 23rd, 2013, 13:38
That is sic.

pkuldar
January 23rd, 2013, 17:13
Hows the game progressing and is the party full?

Nintaku
January 28th, 2013, 07:01
Good game guys!
Glad that everyone showed up who could make it.

Here is a link to what happened this game:
https://youtu.be/oB6bk5S2_Zc

Copernicus
January 28th, 2013, 08:43
Didn't we have yesterday off?

CrimsonCrust
January 28th, 2013, 12:03
Yes we did.

CrimsonCrust
January 28th, 2013, 15:39
Hows the game progressing and is the party full?

The game at this time is Full. There might be some openings soon though. I'll PM you if there is.

-CrimsonCrust

CrimsonCrust
January 28th, 2013, 15:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt6rRNANSgI

Nintaku
January 28th, 2013, 20:36
So good when everyone has a sense of humor. :)

CrimsonCrust
January 30th, 2013, 13:48
Hey guys we have a problem. We either have to postpone the game to a later time on Saturday, reschedule it, or postpone again till next Saturday.

The reason:

I have been given pit tickets to see and drive some of the Porsche's at the world races in Austin. This is going to be happening from 10-3.

So we have to vote:

1. Reschedule for another day.

2. Push the time back on Saturday.

3. Wait until next Saturday.

Sorry for any inconvenience guys.

Thanks,

CrimsonCrust

PhorgottenSon
January 30th, 2013, 17:03
That is awesome CrimsonCrust, I know I am not in this game, but that is still pretty freaking sweet. I am also in Austin and having seen that track, would totally jump at the chance to do that. Who am I kidding? I would jump at that chance at any track, hehe, have fun out there man.

Nintaku
January 31st, 2013, 00:16
It should be fine for me.
Offer a different time on the game Calendar, and see what times everyone likes.

Nintaku
February 1st, 2013, 03:25
Well, we have two days to get this figured out.
To Game, or Not To Game;
That is the question.

Come fine Ladies and Gentlemen, let us decide upon a time on which to roll fake dice, kill fake people, gain fake treasures, and become fake stronger!

Copernicus
February 1st, 2013, 03:30
Well, we have two days to get this figured out.
To Game, or Not To Game;
That is the question.

Come fine Ladies and Gentlemen, let us decide upon a time on which to roll fake dice, kill fake people, gain fake treasures, and become fake stronger!
When you put it that way it seems rather ridiculous.

I'm free all saturday and sunday, friday works too. Other than that I'm busy.

CrimsonCrust
February 1st, 2013, 16:38
I can do Sunday morning but I would have to be done by 3 central. I have a super bowl party to go to. hehe

So can people do Sunday early morning?

Nintaku
February 1st, 2013, 18:39
So if we are to game tomorrow, and take the usual four hours to game, then we have the following time to start.
Pacific: 9am
Mountain: 10am
Central: 11am
Eastern: 12pm

CrimsonCrust
February 1st, 2013, 19:08
By tomorrow you mean Sunday.

And that works well for me.

Copernicus
February 3rd, 2013, 06:59
So tomorrow at 9am pacific?

CrimsonCrust
February 3rd, 2013, 15:02
Unfortunately some people can not make it today. So I am going to just cancel until next Saturday.

Super bowl is to important.

lol

Nintaku
February 3rd, 2013, 16:53
Well, it is the Super *wrist flop* Bowl.
=P

Nintaku
February 9th, 2013, 11:26
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have joined a Pathfinder Campaign in my area that is in person. With the responcibilities of college on my shoulders as well as the possibility of co-DMing this campaign I will be unable to accompany the group further.

I do however, give the DM full license to use my character as an NPC for the next session, and, should he survive, return to Golarion to pursue his goals in magic.

As far as I know this game has a wait-list so everything should be fine.
Best adventures before you, but, Alas! I prioritize in person games over online ones since they are more rare.

CrimsonCrust
February 9th, 2013, 17:52
Server is up for the game.

login name:

cowardly zone nosy grave

CrimsonCrust
February 9th, 2013, 19:20
Game is up. Starts in 10 min. Come one come all.

CrimsonCrust
February 9th, 2013, 19:27
Well due to the fact that only 2 showed up today we will try again next Saturday. I'll also go on a major recruiting effort.

-CrimsonCrust

Nintaku
February 10th, 2013, 10:40
To be honest that is the unofficial rule of two seeds.

Once a table top roleplaying session has been put on hold for two seeds it is considered dead by the majority of players.
In every single one of the games I have ever ran or been in if the campaign was put on hold for two or more seeds the majority would drop, or the game would die thereafter. I know at least one person who wants in, but I do not know what his alias is on Fantasy Grounds.

MikeParham
February 10th, 2013, 15:33
Also I find that post holidays, especially the New Year, can often cause delays in game continuations as well as game start-ups. I play in two campaigns that have been going on for years and it seems that getting re-grouped after the holidays takes at least a couple of weeks or more each year. But we eventually do gt things rolling.

While I currently have evening games on Tuesdays,Thursdays and Fridays, I am thinking about character concepts for your game as well as my Saturday afternoons are free. You have the door open for some intersting concepts. I'll try to send you (CrimsonCrust) a PM with some ideas today.

Copernicus
February 11th, 2013, 02:38
I just got a job that has me working on saturdays, so I'll have to bow out as well.

CrimsonCrust
February 11th, 2013, 20:25
Be still my beating heart.

Well, this changes things a lot. I had written out about 3 months worth of gaming with different people as the main plot lines.

I think with so many people taking the plunge to other games I am going to just close this one down. I did not realize the energy it was going to take to keep things going. I will tweak what I have written and in a few months try it out again.

Thanks to everyone that played. Especially gertek, that poor guy keeps getting the shaft in these games.

I hope everyone the best.

-CrimsonCrust

ric00015
February 16th, 2013, 18:30
Well, when you want to get this game up and rolling again, PM me. I'm still interested.