PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in Earthdawn?

Dershem
December 16th, 2012, 22:28
Just checking to see if there is any interest before I start putting a game together, likely it will start after the first of the year and be bi weekly on Saturday.

Blackfoot
December 17th, 2012, 02:02
Is this system any good? I head a bit about it back in the day... but wasn't really sure what folks thought of it. It's the early days of Shadowrun right? Like Shadowrun world in ancient times?

Dershem
December 17th, 2012, 02:22
The system is easily my favorite, so I can't answer on if it's any good. Basically all die rolls are done in what's called steps... as an example, and you roll against a target number, each die explodes and you total them together. For each increment above the target number you get you are more successful.

I.e. say if you have a step 9 attack going against someone with a 7 defense you roll a d8+d6, and add them together if you roll a six or an eight on the respective die, you keep re-rolling and adding to the total. If you get a 7 total you hit, if you get a 15 or higher you end up bypassing the persons armor totally. (basically a critical hit)

Step / Dice
4 / d6
5 / d8
6 / d10
7 / d12
8 / 2d6
9 / d8+d6
10 / 2d8
11 / d10+d8
12 / 2d10
13 / d12+d10
14 / 2d12
15 / d12+2d6
16 / d12+d8+d6

Long and short of it is that like shadowrun magic moves in tides, at the peak of the tides it actually opens up the astral plane to the mortal world for several hundred years, during and around this time, creatures that feed off of pain, suffering, and chaos break through the astral plane to the mortal world, during this last time, most of the population hid deep underground and managed to shelter themselves from the worst of it, not all survived, in fact entire cities and civilizations did not make it. However many did and are now and have been re-establishing themselves upon a world, where the horrors, still have influence but the worst of them are locked back into the astral plane. The planned setting if I get the interest is for one such of these underground refuges to being breaking out of their stone prison of 500 years and began to seek a place in the world of the sky and stars again.

adammar
December 17th, 2012, 02:35
I am interested depending on schedule. (Alt Sat works)

Tiqon
December 17th, 2012, 05:54
There is a Earthdawn module?

I dont have time to join any games Im afraid, but I'm a bit curious about the module as I have a ton of Earthdawn books (1. edition), I loved the setting and system, but never really got to play as my players did not share my love for it ;).

Trenloe
December 17th, 2012, 09:51
There is a Earthdawn module?
There's an extension here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12825

Dershem
December 17th, 2012, 23:57
the time I would be looking at would be from 6 to 10 p.m. Central Standard Time every other Saturday .

Dershem
December 19th, 2012, 03:00
Before science, before history, an era of magic existed in our world's dim past. Magic flowed freely, touching every aspect of the lives of men and women of the Name-giver races. It was an age of heroes, an age of fantastical deeds and mythical stories.

In this Age of Legend, bold heroes from all across Barsaive band together—ready to fight for life and freedom against the remaining Horrors and the oppressive Theran Empire, which seeks to bend the rebellious province again to their yoke. Through noble deeds and sacrifice, the heroes of the world forge Barsaive's future, arming themselves for their daunting task with powerful magical spells and treasures.

JEALOUSY

When the Scourge was imminent, the people of the town of Ardanyan sought shelter underground, expecting only the Horrors to be a threat. Over the centuries spent confined in the kaer, small quarrels grew into conflicts, which in turn developed into blood feuds and racial hatred. The Horrors would gladly have fed on Kaer Ardanyan — if they had only found it...

Dershem
December 22nd, 2012, 05:13
Only one hit so far? I will continue looking until 1/10/13 to give folks time to get back from the holidays.