PDA

View Full Version : Advancing Past Level 12 in PFS

Trueshots
December 16th, 2012, 06:31
I spoke with someone in our group today and they mentioned in PFS you can't advance beyond level 12, I was a bit disheartened about that. There's some great skills and such beyond 12. But I found the following in one of the PFS documents:

Upon reaching 13th level, a character may no longer play Tier 12 adventures, but may play any number of Tier 13 and higher events, scenarios, or sanctioned Pathfinder Modules, advancing 1 level every 3 XP as normal

So I'm a bit confused, can some one clear this up for me?

Skellan
December 16th, 2012, 06:57
The one shot scenarios like the one we played yesterday go up to lvl 12. There are modules and now. sanctioned adventure paths, so there's plenty of higher level content now

Trueshots
December 16th, 2012, 07:19
The one shot scenarios like the one we played yesterday go up to lvl 12. There are modules and now. sanctioned adventure paths, so there's plenty of higher level content now

Cool, thats good to know, thought I was gonna have to trash my toons at level 12.

Trenloe
December 16th, 2012, 07:49
The level 12 limit was removed only in the most recent (V4.2) Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play, prior to this all you could do at level 12 was the special PFS retirement arc series of scenarios - at the end you would retire.

Quite a few people out there in PFS land who have been around PFS for a while don't know about the removal of the level 12 limit as it was a recent change.

Trueshots
December 16th, 2012, 08:00
Thats nice to know. But I do see all the games getting posted in PFS and other Pathfinders are typically for lvl 5 and below. I've only been around a week but that was what I've noticed.

Trenloe
December 16th, 2012, 17:47
Thats nice to know. But I do see all the games getting posted in PFS and other Pathfinders are typically for lvl 5 and below. I've only been around a week but that was what I've noticed.
Yeah, might take people a while to get to level 12! :)

Trueshots
December 16th, 2012, 17:51
Yeah, might take people a while to get to level 12! :)

I apologize for being such a noob. I just expected to see higher level toons running around. I figured since D&D was almost 40 years old there would be high level toons. I know Pathfinders came out a few years ago I think? Is it just that its so new is why there are no higher levels?

Trenloe
December 16th, 2012, 17:55
I apologize for being such a noob. I just expected to see higher level toons running around. I figured since D&D was almost 40 years old there would be high level toons. I know Pathfinders came out a few years ago I think? Is it just that its so new is why there are no higher levels?
Pathfinder has been out for a few years now - PFS is into it's 4th season (which is actually the 5th, as there was a season "0" that was played with the 3.5E rules). It's just that a lot of people who play Pathfinder Society on Fantasy Grounds are new to PFS (some aren't, but a lot are) and so the majority are looking for lower level games as they are developing their first character.

There are plenty of scenarios covering the whole level ranges (mostly up to level 12 as the limit has only just been removed), you can see the range of products here: https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/pfsproducts