PDA

View Full Version : Enlarge person

CrimsonCrust
December 14th, 2012, 18:43
Is there a mod we can choose that will automatically change the stats back and forth for enlarge person spell and the cleric spell Righteous Might?

If not what are some of the best ways of handling this. Just making two chars and switching back and forth?

JohnD
December 14th, 2012, 19:25
Make a custom effect and apply it as needed.

CrimsonCrust
December 14th, 2012, 19:45
OK. I'll search for custom effect in the forums. Thanks.

CrimsonCrust
December 14th, 2012, 19:53
I am having trouble finding how to create a custom effect. Do you have to be the GM/DM of the game to make one?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/ref_effects_35E.xcp

I searched that as well.

Blackfoot
December 14th, 2012, 21:58
For Enlarge Person? Do this:

Enlarge Person;STR:2 size;DEX:-2;ATK:-1;AC:-1

You can't do an effect to adjust the damage dice so you'll have to handle that manually somehow... either through switching out the dice in the specific weapon or creating an alternate weapon to use only when enlarged.

CrimsonCrust
December 14th, 2012, 22:02
For Enlarge Person? Do this:

Enlarge Person;STR:2 size;DEX:-2;ATK:-1;AC:-1

You can't do an effect to adjust the damage dice so you'll have to handle that manually somehow... either through switching out the dice in the specific weapon or creating an alternate weapon to use only when enlarged.

Hmm OK. That makes sense. I'll just make a weapon with all the effects and change my stats in between having rightous might on and off. Also do the appropriate change to AC.

Blackfoot
December 14th, 2012, 22:05
For Righteous Might do this:

Righteous Might;STR:4 size;CON:4 size;DEX:-2;AC:2 natural;DR:5 evil (or good depending);AC:-1;ATK:-1

Blackfoot
December 14th, 2012, 22:07
Hmm OK. That makes sense. I'll just make a weapon with all the effects and change my stats in between having rightous might on and off. Also do the appropriate change to AC.

The effect will handle his AC and all his bonuses... so all you need to do is deal with the base weapon damage... you can set the timer for the effect appropriately for the spell in the spell effect tools on the actions tab.
Actually.. you can build the damage for the 'enlarged' weapon into the spell as well if you want.. that might make it really simple.. unless you use a variety of weapons.

CrimsonCrust
December 14th, 2012, 22:08
The effect will handle his AC and all his bonuses... so all you need to do is deal with the base weapon damage... you can set the timer for the effect appropriately for the spell in the spell effect tools on the actions tab.

Even better than. Sorry I am only the player, and I really just started playing on FG. I will get it straight now that I know what to do! LoL

Blackfoot
December 14th, 2012, 22:10
Once you, as a player, get familiar with using the spells on the actions tab... you can do all sorts of fun things that will make your life easier as a player and take some looking up numbers and things away from both you and the GM.
These tools are cool and fun once you get used to them.

Trenloe
December 15th, 2012, 02:56
There have been many, many posts on how to use effects in spell classes before - do searches for "spell class effect" and you will come across a few.

Useful ones: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15453 Post #5 in particular.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15381

And also the "Effects" reference in the 3.5E user guide.