PDA

View Full Version : PFS #2-01: Before the Dawn Part 1: The Bloodcove Disguise Tuesday Dec 18 8:00pm EST

lachancery
December 13th, 2012, 14:18
Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-01: Before the Dawn - Part 1: The Bloodcove Disguise.

Tuesday, December 16th, 8:00pm EST (GMT-5)
Character levels 1 to 7: sub-tier tbd, based on characters.

** Note: This is a long, and fun, scenario. Be sure you have 5-6 hours available when you sign up.

You are sent to Aspis Consortium-infested Bloodcove to gather supplies for a nearly doomed Pathfinder mission nearby. Disguised as ordinary merchants, you have little time to gather what you need and get out before the Consortium discovers and destroys you.

The Bloodcove Disguise is the first scenario in the two-part Before the Dawn campaign arc. Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-02: Before the Dawn—Part II: Rescue at Azlant Ridge is the sequel.

I will re-run this scenario and follow up soon afterwards with part 2.

Please sign up on the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=954) and post your character and last chronicle sheet in this thread to book your place at the table for this scenario.

Skellan
December 13th, 2012, 15:04
Awesome, I am up for this :)

Killian
December 13th, 2012, 15:14
Is this AM or PM,?

Skellan
December 13th, 2012, 15:19
Its 1am gmt. I am just nocturnal

lachancery
December 13th, 2012, 15:28
Is this AM or PM,?
Good catch. 8pm. I'll update the messages. Thanks.

avro5731
December 13th, 2012, 17:36
wooooot I'm in, soon as we know what lvl I will toss up a toon.

Rose Claymore
December 14th, 2012, 14:21
This is an awesome scenario and I loved playing it. I'm looking forward to part 2.

Syndrome
December 15th, 2012, 03:40
id be happy to play in this... have to pound out a few details to make sure i can this weekend... but dante is always ready for some more action

lachancery
December 15th, 2012, 22:55
*BUMP* The party for Bloodcove Disguise on Tuesday is not filled yet; any others interested?

PS: for those who have joined, please post character XML and latest chronicle sheet. Thanks.

Syndrome
December 16th, 2012, 08:54
heres my xml as well

Skellan
December 17th, 2012, 03:44
Sorry for the delay, i will post my character and chronicle tonorrow

lachancery
December 17th, 2012, 17:14
heres my xml as well
Got it Syndrome. PC imported well. Can't figure out how you get to 16 HP? Rest looks good.

Skellan
December 17th, 2012, 17:29
Here's Norbur. Wembley is taking a rest for this one

Skellan
December 17th, 2012, 18:23
I am just working on teh chronicles from last night so I will have Trueshots character and chronicle posted up here for you shortly

Trueshots
December 17th, 2012, 21:39
Here she is, I know you'll be impressed. I may even fight the Boss by myself :)

Blackfoot
December 17th, 2012, 21:55
I have played this one, but can probably fill a slot if you need one to make a table.

Rose Claymore
December 17th, 2012, 21:56
If you are still short enough players to fill out a table of four, I'll be happy to sit in with a pregen (either Kyra or Ezren).

Gertak
December 18th, 2012, 02:33
I messaged you yesterday about joining, if you still have a slot to allow me in I have included my character.

lachancery
December 18th, 2012, 03:45
I messaged you yesterday about joining, if you still have a slot to allow me in I have included my character.
Good job on creating your character, it had everything. I modified the character sheet to take advantage of some of the features of FG & Pathfinder. I'll walk you through them tomorrow night.

I would need your Pathfinder Society ID number.

Welcome to the table and to PFS!

lachancery
December 18th, 2012, 03:47
Here she is, I know you'll be impressed. I may even fight the Boss by myself :)
Got it. First time I see a versatile human in play! See you tomorrow night.

lachancery
December 18th, 2012, 04:02
Alright, with Gertak joining, I have received 4 complete characters and we're ready for the game tomorrow night.

I will be running a tight schedule on my side tomorrow to start at 8pm EST. Don't worry if the server isn't up ahead of time.

We will use the FG Teamspeak server for voicechat: fgts.servegame.com

My server alias is: firm roll xeno gate

As a heads up, you will have been told you're going into a tropical area and you will have an opportunity to buy stuff in Absalom before leaving.

Also, this party doesn't have a healer. The only healing I saw was a wand of cure light wounds on one character (who can't use it himself since he doesn't have Use Magic Device). If you have spare money or prestige points, you may want to consider getting potions.

(Or one of the volunteer who has already played the scenario and offered to join as a pre-gen would want to play Kira, the cleric?)

Trueshots
December 18th, 2012, 04:10
Also, this party doesn't have a healer. The only healing I saw was a wand of cure light wounds on one character (who can't use it himself since he doesn't have Use Magic Device). If you have spare money or prestige points, you may want to consider getting potions.

I had not enough money to buy a wand, I really wanted one, hope to get one next time. I have a 7 umd (roll of 13+ would heal and I don't think you lose charges for a misfire), so I could use someone else's wand to heal after battle, but that's really the best I can offer :(

Rose Claymore
December 18th, 2012, 04:11
I volunteered to play Kyra (or Ezren). As you already have 4 and are on a tight schedule, the extra body might be more of a hindrance than a help. I haven't had the chance to play in awhile though so if you'll have me I'll be there with a bag of hit points. :)

lachancery
December 18th, 2012, 04:13
I volunteered to play Kyra (or Ezren). As you already have 4 and are on a tight schedule, the extra body might be more of a hindrance than a help. I haven't had the chance to play in awhile though so if you'll have me I'll be there with a bag of hit points. :)
You're very welcome to join! We had good times with Kyra in the last game. :D

lachancery
December 18th, 2012, 04:15
I had not enough money to buy a wand, I really wanted one, hope to get one next time. I have a 7 umd (roll of 13+ would heal and I don't think you lose charges for a misfire), so I could use someone else's wand to heal after battle, but that's really the best I can offer :(
With 2 Prestige Points (ie. after playing one scenario), you can buy an item worth 750gp or less. A wand of CLW costs 750gp. It's a very popular use of PP for new characters.

I haven't seen your chronicle sheet for your previous game, but you could get a wand this way if you'd like.

Rose Claymore
December 18th, 2012, 07:00
You're very welcome to join! We had good times with Kyra in the last game. :D

I'm signed and up ready to play. :)

I wasn't Kyra last time though, I was Wirbel :pirate: . Someone was Kyra though...

Rose Claymore
December 18th, 2012, 07:03
As lachancery said, if you have 2 PP, then you can use those to buy anything up to 750 gp, which includes a wand of cure light.

As far as UMD, a failed check doesn't use up a charge, but a natural "1" effectively jams the wand, making it unusable (by that specific character) until the following day.

In any case, I'll be playing Kyra, and while I'll have no wand of my own, I can use another PC's one if one exists, in addition to my own spells.

Trueshots
December 18th, 2012, 07:10
With 2 Prestige Points (ie. after playing one scenario), you can buy an item worth 750gp or less. A wand of CLW costs 750gp. It's a very popular use of PP for new characters.

I haven't seen your chronicle sheet for your previous game, but you could get a wand this way if you'd like.

I would have but I only earned 1 pp for my last scenario I failed a bluff check and failed the mission:(

lachancery
December 18th, 2012, 11:14
I'm signed and up ready to play. :) I wasn't Kyra last time though, I was Wirbel :pirate: . Someone was Kyra though...
Yeah, I remembered you as Wild shot Wirbel, who managed only one or two direct hit. I was recalling how Kyra had been offered as a prize to a young Aspis agent...

See you tonight!

Skellan
December 18th, 2012, 13:53
I have attached Trueshot's chronicle as he didnt attach it to his post earlier :)

Trueshots
December 18th, 2012, 22:39
quick question if anyone is around, was editing my character in FG to make sure everything was right before the game tonight. Skellan had added "spells" on the abilities list for my sneak attack damage, shiv, and dirty fighting skills. Those were gone when I logged in. I'm attempting to add them back but when I add spells there is no option for damage. Any one have any guidance in this matter. Just want to be prepared for tonight. Thanks.

Blackfoot
December 18th, 2012, 22:54
quick question if anyone is around, was editing my character in FG to make sure everything was right before the game tonight. Skellan had added "spells" on the abilities list for my sneak attack damage, shiv, and dirty fighting skills. Those were gone when I logged in. I'm attempting to add them back but when I add spells there is no option for damage. Any one have any guidance in this matter. Just want to be prepared for tonight. Thanks.
Your best option for Sneak Attack is to build an 'effect' like this:
Flanking;ATK:2;DMG:1d6+1
That will handle your sneak attack bonus when flanking and the +1 damage for dirty fighter.
In OTHER situations when performing a sneak attack build a 'damage' spell action that does the 1d6 OR build an extra weapon that includes the sneak attack damage... there are some issues with how it handles critical hits since sneak attack damage is not doubled.. so you have to watch out for that.

Trueshots
December 18th, 2012, 23:41
Only option I get on the actions tab is to "add a weapon" or add a "spell Class" not clue how to do anything but those 2 options.

Not sure how to "build" efects

Trenloe
December 19th, 2012, 00:04
Skellan had added "spells" on the abilities list for my sneak attack damage, shiv, and dirty fighting skills. Those were gone when I logged in.
Did Skellan add these items to your PC in just his game or did he send you the exported XML for your character after the game?

If he has not sent you the updated XML and he made the changes in his campaign (the game you played), then you will need to access them through "Manage Characters" on the same computer that you played his game on. When you click on "Manage Characters" select the game you played from the list in the lower "Campaigns" window. This will load up Fantasy Grounds and you will have access to your character - but it is read only in here (as it is the campaign data downloaded from Skellan), you will need to export it and reload it back into an area that allows you to edit the PC:

Select "Characters"
Find your character in the list - this includes server and local characters, make sure you find the "Server Character" entry.
Click the down arrow (Export Character) on the entry found in step 2.
Save the character XML - remember where you saved it!
Exit manage characters.
Reload Fantasy Grounds and open a campaign, or if you have a lite licence use the character converter to load it into the local cache and enter "Manage Characters" again (to work on your local character cache). See post #41 in this thread (next page) for details of using the Character Converter to do this.
If you are in a campaign import the XML you exported in step 4.
Work on this new imported character - if you have other characters of the same name, make sure you are working on the correct character! Or, change their names before doing the import in step 7.

Skellan
December 19th, 2012, 00:04
sec - I am back home now, I will see if I can find you on TS

Skellan
December 19th, 2012, 00:05
ninja'd :)

Trenloe
December 19th, 2012, 00:05
ninja'd :)
:bandit: :bandit: :bandit:

Blackfoot
December 19th, 2012, 00:18
Only option I get on the actions tab is to "add a weapon" or add a "spell Class" not clue how to do anything but those 2 options.

Not sure how to "build" effects
OK.. you are in the right place.
ADD SPELL CLASS
then
ADD SPELL
then
ADD SPELL ACTION
then
ADD EFFECT
or
ADD DAMAGE

You can name your spell class anything you like.. and put as much info into the spell text boxes as you like... the critical parts are the effect line and the specific damage info. The controls for the spell are the tiny d20 at the right beside the red box.
I'm happy to have you log onto my server and I can walk you through it..

Trueshots
December 19th, 2012, 00:20
I have exported character to my desktop. when i load FG and go to manage character there is no option to upload, only to export.

lachancery
December 19th, 2012, 00:43
Heads up: my schedule is slippery - literally, there was a lot of snow fall over here today. I may not be there for 8:00 sharp. Hang in there, we will start at most 30 mins late, most likely less.

Trenloe
December 19th, 2012, 00:43
I have exported character to my desktop. when i load FG and go to manage character there is no option to upload, only to export.
Sorry, I keep forgetting about that...

What version of Fantasy Grounds do you have? Lite or full? If you have full, you can create a new campaign and import the character in the campaign.

If you have lite, you will have to run the Character Converter to import it into your local cache and get it accessible via Manage Characters.

The character converter is available in <FG Application Data folder>\utilities\CharacterConverter.exe. Get to the <FG Application Data Folder> from: Windows Start -> Programs -> Fantasy Grounds II -> Application Data Folder.

Follow these steps (make sure Fantasy Grounds is closed):

Select PFRPG
Select "Fantasy Grounds (xml)
Press "Select File" and select the XML you exported earlier from FG Manage Characters.
Select "Local Import" and leave the App Data Dir alone (it should auto populate with the correct info).
Press "Convert"

See the screenshot below for the numbered step locations.
Then, you should be able to restart Fantasy Grounds and enter manage characters (for the 3.5E ruleset, not for a campaign) and the imported character should be in the Characters box.

Trueshots
December 19th, 2012, 01:18
Here's the fixed file. Im upgrading to full so I can edit on my own tonight after game, cant take being unprepared like this. Sorry.

Rose Claymore
December 19th, 2012, 01:21
You need a full (GM) license to edit character files? I'm still unregistered, but was considering getting the lite license to play in any games hosted here and was hoping that would be enough to get access to a character editor.

Trenloe
December 19th, 2012, 01:31
You need a full (GM) license to edit character files? I'm still unregistered, but was considering getting the lite license to play in any games hosted here and was hoping that would be enough to get access to a character editor.
You can use the manage characters option in lite to create, edit and export PCs. Using the process I've outlined above (with the character converter) you can import FG XML into the local cache for use in Manage Characters. So, you can use a lite to maintain your PCs.

If you get a full licence, the main advantage (other than being able to GM games of course) is that you can create and edit your PC in a campaign and can test it out - rolls, effects, mock combats, etc., which can be very handy if you are using a lot of effects and want to test them before game time.

lachancery
December 19th, 2012, 01:49
Server's up. We're missing Dante.

Syndrome
December 19th, 2012, 05:28
very sorry about missing this... i actually got home an hour ago but figured it was a bit late to get on

Rose Claymore
December 19th, 2012, 06:18
Shame too, I hear you had a wand of cure light wounds that would have come in handy. :)

Syndrome
December 19th, 2012, 06:31
yes i imagine it would have lol... no one was lost i hope

Rose Claymore
December 19th, 2012, 06:45
Not yet, but I'm playing Kyra and I'm all out of healing, and we still have at least one more encounter before we can rest. I think we're going to rest anyway though. :o

Syndrome
December 19th, 2012, 08:10
well i wish you the best of luck in that last encounter and sorry i couldnt have been there to assist

Skellan
December 20th, 2012, 00:24
am really enjoying this one, I love your style of gming. Hope we don't all die :O

Rose Claymore
December 20th, 2012, 00:34
I'm having fun too. I love playing clerics (and should probably put some levels on my actual cleric). Hopefully we'll be able to rest the night and get to House Cartahegn in the morning with full spells.

Skellan
December 20th, 2012, 00:37
yeah, some rest would be good.
I am not sure we are doing so hot on the 'disguise' part of this scenario. Its more like the Bloodcove bloodbath so far :)

Rose Claymore
December 20th, 2012, 00:42
yeah, some rest would be good.
I am not sure we are doing so hot on the 'disguise' part of this scenario. Its more like the Bloodcove bloodbath so far :)
It's a rough and tumble deadly pirate port, so a bloodbath of death and destruction is a pretty good disguise I think. :p :pirate:

Skellan
December 20th, 2012, 00:47
well, its all good fun :)

lachancery
December 20th, 2012, 02:46
I'm having fun too. I love playing clerics (and should probably put some levels on my actual cleric). Hopefully we'll be able to rest the night and get to House Cartahegn in the morning with full spells.
You won't have a choice really. It's currently some time into the evening. House cartahegn is a trading company; as such, it is currently closed and will only reopening tomorrow during the day... Rest it will have to be. Hopefully, the Aspis Consortium hasn't taken too much notice, and you won't get waylaid in the middle of the night. ;)

Trueshots
December 20th, 2012, 02:48
I say we fire a warning shot.......

lachancery
December 20th, 2012, 02:48
am really enjoying this one, I love your style of gming. Hope we don't all die :O
Thanks for the nice feedback! It's a great scenario to GM, although I admit I might be putting on a little too much flavoring, making it last much beyond the usual 4-5 hours... But we're having fun, so who's counting? ;)

Skellan
December 20th, 2012, 03:10
Flavouring is the best bit.
We are all having a laugh too. And no more warning shots!

Rose Claymore
December 20th, 2012, 04:57
I say we fire a warning shot.......

"We come in peace, shoot to kill!"

Trueshots
December 20th, 2012, 05:04
Yea this is why I love RPGs games. Gets some people together and have some laughs! I've made some life long friends online playing rpg's would love to do the same here. Great community feel here!

lachancery
December 21st, 2012, 16:32
Here are the signed chronicle sheets for the game for Norbur & Lia. Katerian's will be posted later.

Please review and confirm everything is fine.

Trueshots
December 21st, 2012, 18:06
Here are the signed chronicle sheets for the game for Norbur & Lia. Katerian's will be posted later.

Please review and confirm everything is fine.

Lachancery, thanks for getting those done so fast. My gold is wrong though. I only had 19.5 gold to start plus what we earned. You gave me way too much gold (maybe i should remove this post :)) Also wanted to use 2pp for wand of cure light wounds. Sorry for confusion. Thanks

lachancery
December 21st, 2012, 18:23
Lachancery, thanks for getting those done so fast. My gold is wrong though. I only had 19.5 gold to start plus what we earned. You gave me way too much gold (maybe i should remove this post :)) Also wanted to use 2pp for wand of cure light wounds. Sorry for confusion. Thanks
Your gold = ending gold on the previous chronicle sheet (made by Skellian) + gold value of things done in scenario at tier 1-2.

My suspicion is that you had not added the gold from your previous scenario on your character sheet.

Trueshots
December 21st, 2012, 18:29
Skellan's Chronicle sheet shows 20gp but in "notes" he put 19.5g, because that was the actual amount. If you add that to what we did last night(506 gold) I should have 525.5 gold. Not 1,026 gp. Plus i want a wand of cure light :) for 2 pp, pretty please.

skellan's game was first I've run with this character.

Rose Claymore
December 21st, 2012, 18:35
Skellan's Chronicle sheet shows 20gp but in "notes" he put 19.5g, because that was the actual amount. If you add that to what we did last night(506 gold) I should have 525.5 gold. Not 1,026 gp. Plus i want a wand of cure light :) for 2 pp, pretty please.

skellan's game was first I've run with this character.
I'm not sure which scenario Skellan ran for you, but chances are you earned 400-500 gp from it. You spend almost all that, plus your starting gold? What did you spend it on?

Just curious here. So far with one exception I've never spent a copper from the gold earned in my 1st scenario so I have extra gold to buy whatever I might need for the next one (special clothing, specific scrolls/potions, rope because I always forget rope, etc.).

Trueshots
December 21st, 2012, 18:38
Yea at the end of the 1st game (skellan's) i sold most everything back and bought 2 masterwork Wakizashi, that cost 600+ gp. But that's about all i had except for a few darts and such.

Rose Claymore
December 21st, 2012, 18:58
Oh, true that. Nothing eats up gold like a two-weapon fighter.

lachancery
December 21st, 2012, 20:34
Yea at the end of the 1st game (skellan's) i sold most everything back and bought 2 masterwork Wakizashi, that cost 600+ gp. But that's about all i had except for a few darts and such.
DOH! I don't know why, but I read that chronicle sheet wrong... Perhaps in haste trying to make it quick, I took the scenario's gold value as your current gold.

Anyway, thanks for catching it. Attached to this message is the corrected chronicle sheet.

lachancery
December 21st, 2012, 20:53
And here is Katerian's signed chronicle sheet.

lachancery
December 21st, 2012, 21:01
Trueshots: When I reported the session on Paizo's PathfinderSociety a minute ago, I noticed that your character Lia didn't seem to be registered. You have to go to paizo.com/pathfindersociety, select "My Pathfinder Society", and click "Register Character" at the bottom of the screen.

All chronicles reported in.

Skellan
December 22nd, 2012, 01:45
Thanks for this - I am looking forward to the next installment!