PDA

View Full Version : how to work tables?

inuroku842
December 12th, 2012, 01:09
I am getting back into the swing of being a DM after an extended break and found this new feature called tables. I am trying to set up an interactive table like the critical hit table that comes with the 3.5 ruleset, where on a certain roll it automatically rolls from another table. Does anyone know how to do this? Thank you

Tiqon
December 12th, 2012, 05:51
Cant help you with tables Im afraid, as I have not used them myself, but why critical? In 3.5 its a module you can activate and an option in the option menu, or did you want to use your own?

Trenloe
December 12th, 2012, 06:13
To use tables automatically they need to be coded in the ruleset you're using.

For example, the following is a snippet of code from the 3.5E manager_action_attack.lua script, onAttack function:

if rAction.sResult == "fumble" and ((sOptionHRFC == "both") or (sOptionHRFC == "fumble")) then
notifyApplyHRFC("Fumble");
So calling notifyApplyHRFC with the name of the table triggers the use of the table. The notifyApplyHRFC function is in the same LUA script file.

So, to do what you want to do, you would need to modify the ruleset you are using (preferably by using an extension) and code for when you want to use the tables. Were you thinking of an attack roll or a skill check or something else? Assuming you're using the 3.5E ruleset of course... :)