PDA

View Full Version : #33 - Assault on the Kingdom of the Impossible 12/15/12 11 AM CST

Gwaihir Scout
December 11th, 2012, 19:03
This one IS on Saturday US time. :p It's starting a bit early (11 AM CST, GMT -6), but I've got somewhere to be later.

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st to 5th level characters (Tiers: 1–2 and 4-5).

The Pathfinder Society sends you to the fabled Kingdom of the Impossible, the island of Jalmeray, to stop an Aspis Consortium black market relics dealer who is organizing the local bandits and violently robbing Jalmeray and Pathfinder Society caravans laden with relics, artifacts, and magical mysteries. When a venture-captain is murdered by the Aspis Consortium agent, it's up to the PCs to find him and do whatever it takes to stop him.

Written by Craig Shackleton

Sign up on the calendar entry (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=951) and post here with your character .xml and chronicle info.

This one is a little different. I think you'll find it interesting.

cerijoel
December 11th, 2012, 19:26
Hi, I'd like to join in with:

Tifireth, a 1st Level Witch

Blackfoot
December 11th, 2012, 19:33
Sounds good. Sign me up... I've got a few options for this one so I'll wait to see how the party fills out before committing a character.
I have both 1-2 and 4-5 tier options.

Malkavian_Andi
December 12th, 2012, 00:33
Sounds interesting, and time is on my side, so I am able to play. So here's my character.

Blackfoot
December 12th, 2012, 01:20
GREAT... we're playing the all witch party and it's the one thing I don't have!

Skellan
December 12th, 2012, 01:28
Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Blackfoot
December 12th, 2012, 01:29
Round about the cauldron go,
In the poisoned entrails throw...

Skellan
December 12th, 2012, 01:44
This looks fun, count me in. I will upload my character and chronicle shortly when i decide which to use

Gwaihir Scout
December 12th, 2012, 01:47
GREAT... we're playing the all witch party and it's the one thing I don't have!

Yes, I'd love to have all the enemies falling over asleep and tripping over their swords while a coven of hags runs around cackling. That would be FANTASTIC.

OK, now I kind of want to see that.

Malkavian_Andi
December 12th, 2012, 11:09
Right now, it's only two characters with 1 level of witch each. But don't worry,manipulating opponents with magic is what I do ^^ (but I don't cackle. Well, I might cackle if you'd like that, but it won't have any game effects :p )

Gwaihir Scout
December 12th, 2012, 18:13
Sounds interesting, and time is on my side, so I am able to play. So here's my character.

I'm going to start up my server before the game so that you can convert this to FG. I can't even read the character's name. Today and Friday are no good for me. When's a good time for you?

Malkavian_Andi
December 13th, 2012, 00:53
As far as I've seen, I'll need a lite liscence to play. So shouldn't it be possible for me to create the character on FG without connecting to your server?

Blackfoot
December 13th, 2012, 02:08
As far as I've seen, I'll need a lite liscence to play. So shouldn't it be possible for me to create the character on FG without connecting to your server?
Sure enough, just go into 'Manage Characters' build your character then hit the export button beside the character in the character selection window.

Gwaihir Scout
December 13th, 2012, 02:33
Sure enough, just go into 'Manage Characters' build your character then hit the export button beside the character in the character selection window.
What he said.

I offered the help on my server because you posted the .pdf, which combined with your low post count (welcome, by the way), led me to believe you weren't sure how to do it yet. If you DO need help with your spells or anything, just ask.

Blackfoot
December 13th, 2012, 03:43
Skellan, who are you considering bringing out for this one?
I have a few options since it looks like we'll end up being Tier 1-2...
Stick - Tengu Inquisitor - 2
Iggy - Dwarf Alchemist - 2
Garbunkle - Gnome Two Weapon Fighter - 2

I might be leaning toward Garbunkle... although it would be nice to blow a few things up.

Skellan
December 13th, 2012, 07:01
I rather fancy bringing wembley, 1st cavalier, however, i will bring Norbur the walking tin can if we need him.

Blackfoot
December 13th, 2012, 12:47
Hmmm... do the witches have some healing? If not I'll bring Stick... but otherwise Iggy will give us more raw firepower. (literally)

Skellan
December 13th, 2012, 13:19
Cool, I will bring Wembley and his trusty steed

Malkavian_Andi
December 13th, 2012, 15:12
@Blackfoot: I do have some healing, but it's really just some.

ok, I think I got everything. Wasn't that hard after all ^^

so here it is:

Blackfoot
December 13th, 2012, 15:49
'Some' healing is probably good enough.
I'll go ahead and bring Iggy... I'll post up his info a bit later.

Trenloe
December 14th, 2012, 07:13
@Blackfoot: I do have some healing, but it's really just some.

ok, I think I got everything. Wasn't that hard after all ^^

so here it is:
Look like you've got it right. :) But, if you need more info on getting a PC ready for playing, have a look at this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16961

Gwaihir Scout
December 14th, 2012, 18:36
'Some' healing is probably good enough.

Yeah, this isn't exactly the Tomb of Horrors. Although I did drop the cleric with a greataxe crit last time I ran this.

Skellan
December 14th, 2012, 19:55
Here's Wembley :)

Blackfoot
December 14th, 2012, 21:44
Iggy Toymaker will attend.
PFS# 39241-7
Level: 2
Race: Dwarf
Class: Alchemist (Mindchemist)
Starting Gold: 314gp
XP: 3
Fame(PP): 5(5)
Faction: Silver Crusade

(you should have my previous chronicle)

Trueshots
December 15th, 2012, 02:16
Hey folks, I'm the local newbie hoping to play with you guys in the morning. Been getting some help from Skellan on toon selection. Been on my Hero Lab for last 9 hours and plan on being on it another 4-5h rs LOL. Anyway, I hope to play with you guys tomorrow! Take care.

Edit: Time to throw down my nasty Gunslinger! Don't worry that I only know about .000853% of the rules and I haven't played in 20+ years......lets look past that! I'm still bad to da bone!

Wild Bill
Level 1 Gunslinger

Skellan
December 15th, 2012, 10:31
Here's the xml for your ninja, in case you can't get your gunslinger converted in time :)

Tinculin
December 15th, 2012, 13:59
Hi,

I'd like to bring my Oracle if that's okay?

Malkavian_Andi
December 15th, 2012, 15:52
Cool, some more players are always good ^^
With the oracle in the group, I might be able to spend a spell slot for something other than Cure light Wounds :D

Gwaihir Scout
December 15th, 2012, 15:57
Hi,

I'd like to bring my Oracle if that's okay?

There's a slot, so you're fine.

Trueshots
December 15th, 2012, 16:37
One thing you guys will learn fast about me is I'm am indecisive! I've now made 3 toons. One I think I'll save(gunslinger) because PFS doesn't allow advance firearms :( But, I do have my Ninja and Hungry Ghost Monk available for today. Heck, I may even have another by the time we start LOL!

QUESTION: How are you guy uploading you character from Hero Lab, wont let me upload a .por file. Thanks

Gwaihir Scout
December 15th, 2012, 16:53
I need characters converted into FG-format .xml. There's a tool somewhere on the forums.

Server's up. I'll be around in 15-20 minutes.

Blackfoot
December 15th, 2012, 17:11
Siphon.xml

DAWPage
December 15th, 2012, 17:34
Applying as an Alt

Keese

DAWPage
December 15th, 2012, 17:54
Opps, was not logged in, so time said 6pm my time.

Applying as an Alt

Keese

Gadreun
December 15th, 2012, 22:10
OOPS wrong dungeon adventure lol ...nothing to see here move along!!

Blackfoot
December 15th, 2012, 22:20
Purchases for Iggy:
Darkwood Light Crossbow - 375gp
Masterwork Cold Iron Warhammer - 324gp
1 Flask of Acid - 3.33gp
Grappling Bolt - 1gp
Silk Rope - 10gp

Sorry.. forgot the Acid Flask the first time. :)

Skellan
December 15th, 2012, 22:28
Thanks for running this, it was a fun one

Selling :
Scale mail armor: 50gp (25gp)
Riding saddle (exotic): 30gp (15gp)
Light Steel shield 9gp (4.5gp)

Purchases:
Warhammer 12gp
Half Plate 600gp
Sling bullets x10 1sp
Exotic Military Saddle: 60gp
Heavy Steel Shield 20gp
Wand of CLW 2pp

Blackfoot
December 15th, 2012, 22:32
DAWPage, Gadreun, you guys are a little late for this one. The game ended a few minutes ago. :)

Tinculin
December 15th, 2012, 22:50
Michael

Selling:
Bardiche (13gp) - Sales are full value @ lvl 1.

Buying:
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2pp)

Malkavian_Andi
December 15th, 2012, 23:01
I won't buy or sell anything for Sesquipedalix this time.

Do you need any additional information for the chronicle?

Trenloe
December 16th, 2012, 02:08
QUESTION: How are you guy uploading you character from Hero Lab, wont let me upload a .por file. Thanks
Details in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16961

Trueshots
December 16th, 2012, 04:37
OK let me see if I have this right.

Siphon

Wand of Cure light wand (2PP)
Climber's Kit 80 gold
Hunting Cat 100 gold
Darkwood Heavy Xbow 430 gold
(20x) Crossbow Bolts 2 gold

Blackfoot
December 16th, 2012, 05:02
You might want a rope for Siphon.

Trueshots
December 16th, 2012, 05:23
Sorry man, made changes cause my butt is broke, switched to light xbow so i could just get climbers pack. sorry for the screw ups!

Blackfoot
December 16th, 2012, 05:25
You have 2 climber's kits listed there. :)

Trueshots
December 16th, 2012, 05:35
You have 2 climber's kits listed there. :)
LOL, I need sleep, Im so excited bout playing this game, I haven't sleep in 5 days LOL. I have too much time on my hands til January so expect this outta of me for next few weeks. I fixed everything I believe.

cerijoel
December 16th, 2012, 11:12
Thanks again for the great game.

I don't have a previous chronicle sheet since this was the character's first game. Is the sheet normally logged after that to the Paizo site?

lachancery
December 16th, 2012, 12:49
Yes. Once the GM is done reporting it, you will be able to see every game session you have played under the pathfindersociety section for your character. Here's an example of what it looks like for MorQuesse (level 3).

Trenloe
December 16th, 2012, 17:51
I don't have a previous chronicle sheet since this was the character's first game. Is the sheet normally logged after that to the Paizo site?
lachancery has given you an example of what gets posted to the Paizo site. FYI - the chronicle sheet is *NOT* loaded to the website - the GM will work with you after the game to fill it out with purchases, etc. - but it is up to you to make sure you get a correctly filled out chronicle sheet - this may take a few days after the game finished so please be patient and please don't bug your DM if it is not immediately available.

More info on chronicle sheets here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17754

Trueshots
December 16th, 2012, 18:03
lachancery has given you an example of what gets posted to the Paizo site. FYI - the chronicle sheet is *NOT* loaded to the website - the GM will work with you after the game to fill it out with purchases, etc. - but it is up to you to make sure you get a correctly filled out chronicle sheet - this may take a few days after the game finished so please be patient and please don't bug your DM if it is not immediately available.

More info on chronicle sheets here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17754

Question if youre playing in another game and you dont have info updated from your previous game. How do you deal with that?

Trenloe
December 16th, 2012, 18:31
Question if youre playing in another game and you dont have info updated from your previous game. How do you deal with that?
You will have to clear it with the GM of the next game that it is OK for you to play without your chronicle from the previous session. It is well within the GMs rights to not let you play if you don't have a valid chronicle sheet. Or, they may let you play, but not issue you with the chronicle sheet until you provide them with the sheet from the previous game.

You can assist your GMs getting you a chronicle sheet quickly by:

Providing your previous chronicle details before the game.
Being prepared with any selling/purchasing you are going to make. This is usually the thing that delays chronicle sheets being issued.
If you know you are playing another game soon after the first, get in touch with the GM of the first game and let them know. They may work with you to have everything ready for you soon after the first game and get the chronicle to you quickly.

Trueshots
December 16th, 2012, 19:04
Sounds great. I've been slow getting all this cause I'm not really sure what I'm doing at this point, but am wanting to play as much as possible (im free til January 9th to be lazy).

You will have to clear it with the GM of the next game that it is OK for you to play without your chronicle from the previous session. It is well within the GMs rights to not let you play if you don't have a valid chronicle sheet. Or, they may let you play, but not issue you with the chronicle sheet until you provide them with the sheet from the previous game.

You can assist your GMs getting you a chronicle sheet quickly by:

Providing your previous chronicle details before the game.
Being prepared with any selling/purchasing you are going to make. This is usually the thing that delays chronicle sheets being issued.
If you know you are playing another game soon after the first, get in touch with the GM of the first game and let them know. They may work with you to have everything ready for you soon after the first game and get the chronicle to you quickly.

Gwaihir Scout
December 17th, 2012, 14:17
My monitor is on the fritz, so it may be a while before I can take care of the chronicles.

Blackfoot
December 17th, 2012, 16:16
Sounds great. I've been slow getting all this cause I'm not really sure what I'm doing at this point, but am wanting to play as much as possible (im free til January 9th to be lazy).
Don't sweat it. Most of the players and GMs in the group are glad to help you with stuff.

Tinculin
December 20th, 2012, 11:53
Hi. Any update when chronicle sheets will be available?

Malkavian_Andi
December 20th, 2012, 12:55
I was wondering the same, but I didn't want to say anything when it was just a few days after the game ^^

Is there any chance the chronicles could be available this weekend? Skellan will GM a game on Sunday and I'd really like Ses to play in that game, but he can't do that without his chronicles being up to date.

Gwaihir Scout
December 20th, 2012, 13:09
I finally figured out I was able to literally beat my monitor into behaving. I'll have the chronicles done this evening.

Scratch that, the snow's stopped the buses, so I won't be going into work. I'll take care of them in a couple of hours.

Gwaihir Scout
December 20th, 2012, 20:07
OK, chronicles are done. Here's the Dropbox folder (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ln8ueg4e5bmxr5i/xCJCKdc1X-).