PDA

View Full Version : multiple actions in single shortcut?

tsmpaul
December 11th, 2012, 01:56
I was just wondering, I know you can type a command in the chat bar, and drag it onto a shortcut, but is there a way to make a command that does a series of things, one after the other, rather than just one thing?

For example, instead of just "/die 2d6", could I make a shortcut roll "/die 2d6" and then roll "/die 1d6" as two separate rolls with a single click, without having to make two separate shortcuts? (I'm not looking for things like "/die 2d6 + 1d6" which would add them both together, I'm interested in treating them as two separate rolls, if that can be done?)

Moon Wizard
December 12th, 2012, 23:18
There is no linking of rolls currently in any ruleset that I know of. (unless you count the exploding dice of Savage Worlds, which actually adds to the roll)

There is an item on the wish list to add linking of character actions (i.e. attack/damage, cast/effect or damage, etc.) for the 3.5E and 4E rulesets, if you would like to vote on them. (see link in sig)

The biggest problem with linked rolls is that most people only want the linking about 80% of the time, so it's usually easier to check the result visually then make the follow-on roll as needed.

Regards,
JPG

tsmpaul
December 12th, 2012, 23:50
okay, thanks.