PDA

View Full Version : Idea!

Djmaxx
December 10th, 2012, 18:24
Hello I was playing on a privet WoW server and it hit me. FG2 needs a donation button so anyone that wants to help out can that way the FG team can produce stuff at a better quality and speed (Not saying the quality isnt great or anything cause it is.)
But there is a lot of good that can come from donations and it would alow the FG team to put special stuff out and do stuff like give-a-ways and other promotional stuff.

But hey its just a idea though i would throw it out there.

unerwünscht
December 10th, 2012, 20:57
The issue is that those private servers, give you benefits for your donations 99% of the time, so FG already has that. Go buy some modules or something.

phantomwhale
December 10th, 2012, 22:41
"Go buy modules" is probably the answer here, for anyone dying to throw money at the FG guys (or associated third-party developers *cough*)

Have rattled the charity can around "free upgrade" time after prompting from one or two keen supporters. You'll be surprised to learn I got.... one or two donations ! With any product that operates commercially, I suspect the donation model just doesn't work very well - people have already paid some money, and have different expectations to a freemium model.

So yeah, spend that money on modules - it sends money to Smiteworks, the publishers (via Smiteworks, which validates there working relationship) and any third-party developer involved. All three go towards encouraging the growth of Fantasy Grounds, it's ecosystem and ongoing development.