PDA

View Full Version : Themes/Backgrounds

Skellan
December 8th, 2012, 13:35
Is there an easy way to change the background on FG? I am guessing that the 'tabletop background is just an image somewhere. Would it be hard to change just this and keep all the buttons and things as they are? I just thought it might be nice to do custom backgrounds to suit the mood of the scenario

Griogre
December 8th, 2012, 19:20
It's a very easy extension - a few lines and adding the new desktop pic (well assuming the desktop pic is identical in size/arraignment to the old pic). What ruleset are you trying to change?

Skellan
December 8th, 2012, 21:37
Cool
I am trying to change the 3.5/Pathfinder one :)

Mansoon
January 8th, 2013, 23:27
In regards to changing the background I can't seem to find where the image is to swap it out with a custom one. Where is the picture located? If its in an extension file the only ones I see are the dungeon theme one for 3.5E and the 4E ones and there are no images in there except the icons that I can see. I used the FG PEM utility to extract the extension.

Trenloe
January 9th, 2013, 00:13
Try graphics\frames\desktop.png either in a ruleset itself or one of the theme extensions.

Mansoon
January 10th, 2013, 05:28
cool thanks for the info

Trenloe
January 11th, 2013, 18:44
Info on how to change the background in an extension is given by Doswelk in this thread, post #3: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=140736

Skellan
January 12th, 2013, 01:53
Awesome thanks. I will have a crack at some mood backgrounds

Willot
January 12th, 2013, 07:10
Heres one I did a while back