PDA

View Full Version : Anyone starting a campaign end of Jan 2013

Isamill
December 7th, 2012, 21:59
Hello everyone
First up thankyou to everyone on this forum who answered my questions and were extremely helpful and after reading alot of posts I have the utmost respect for this community and how helpful and genuine everyone is.:)
I used to be an avid gamer and DM in the eighties but due to life commitments I haven't played for over twenty years, just keeping my gaming fix via PC games.
Due to finding this site by accident I feel like a kid in a candy store and I am looking forward to learning the FG system and get back into good old fashioned gaming like the days of yore :D

Soooo I was wondering if anyone out there is starting a first level campaign at the end of Jan beginning of Feb (due to the Xmas period and holidays I can't be reliable - to me that is extremely important, if you start something you commit to it)
I am a newbie at the FG system but very experienced in ADnD 1st and 2nd edition (all be it a bit rusty though) and would like to get into a campaign to learn the ropes and blow out the cobwebs and have some awesome monster bashing before I try out DM/GMing and player bashing

I am a full license member with C&C ruleset (thanks guys) so anything C&C, Pathfinder or DnD 3e would be great
GMT +10
Days available: Tuesday evening, Wednesday evening, Friday evening, early Sat morning (till about 9am- sport), anytime on Sunday (For those who live in the States or UK areas I am up usually at 4am on the weekends (damn body clock!! - but start work at 6am weekdays)

Thankyou everyone

Valarian
December 7th, 2012, 22:52
Interested in story telling and exploring Middle-earth? It's not D&D. No high magic. Just small hands moving the world. We'll be picking up from a Christmas break on Jan 6th, running Sundays at 8pm UK time. Some pre-breakfast gaming?

Isamill
December 7th, 2012, 23:17
Thanks for the offer Valarien but unfortunately that makes it monday morning for me and work calls -
MERP I still have the old rulebook somewhere "sigh"

damned
December 7th, 2012, 23:19
my low level c&c campaign is currently full but who knows in 6 weeks there may well be a drop out or two... im also in Aus so game time might work for you - every second saturday, 830-midnight.

Valarian
December 8th, 2012, 08:53
Thanks for the offer Valarien but unfortunately that makes it monday morning for me and work calls -
MERP I still have the old rulebook somewhere "sigh"
Ah, yes it didn't register that it would be Monday for you. Sorry. I blame posting while half asleep. We don't use MERP, using The One Ring rules from Sophisticated Games, published by Cubicle 7. Though, if there is interest, I could be perhaps be persuaded to run a game on Friday night as well, though it would conflict a little with the Dr Who game our group has running.

Isamill
December 8th, 2012, 10:57
Thanks again Vallarian, but I would hate to disrupt your other group and I am sure that there will be plenty of other offers (I hope !!!), and thankyou as well Damned I will PM you closer to the time if that is alright and see how full your group is.

Isamill
December 8th, 2012, 11:04
Oh and thanks Damned If it's alright with you I will PM you closer to the time to see how the group is placed for people pulling out

Dershem
December 8th, 2012, 13:16
I am planning on running curse of the crimson throne after December, however I won't know the day until I get my new schedule for the year. (soon I hope)

Valarian
December 8th, 2012, 14:20
Thanks again Vallarian, but I would hate to disrupt your other group and I am sure that there will be plenty of other offers (I hope !!!), and thankyou as well Damned I will PM you closer to the time if that is alright and see how full your group is.
Wouldn't disrupt the group as I'm not currently playing in the Friday game. We wouldn't get the core of players though as they play in the Sunday game and the Dr Who game on Friday.

Isamill
December 9th, 2012, 06:03
I am planning on running curse of the crimson throne after December, however I won't know the day until I get my new schedule for the year. (soon I hope)

Hi Talysian, I am 16 hours ahead of you so that only leaves Saturday afternoon (Breakfast time for me on Sunday) or Saturday evening for you (Sunday lunch time for me), during the week is no good for either of us due to the time difference
So if either of those work out for you I'll be interested and thanks for the offer

Isamill
December 9th, 2012, 06:40
Wouldn't disrupt the group as I'm not currently playing in the Friday game. We wouldn't get the core of players though as they play in the Sunday game and the Dr Who game on Friday.

Hi Valarian, would it be a C&C, Pathfinder or 3.5e game? as I would probably prefer to play something that I am familiar with (so that I only look half a fool rather than a complete fool with a new RPG as well LOL)
But a Friday night for you would be great for me Sat morning (gaming on a full stomach always appeals) and I would even have time to down a couple of coffees before hand as well, the only concern there is depending on what sport my kids play next year as to what time I would have to wrap it up

Dershem
December 9th, 2012, 12:02
Hi Talysian, I am 16 hours ahead of you so that only leaves Saturday afternoon (Breakfast time for me on Sunday) or Saturday evening for you (Sunday lunch time for me), during the week is no good for either of us due to the time difference
So if either of those work out for you I'll be interested and thanks for the offer

Damn Time Zones, It will probably be a Thursday or Friday game stating around Noon CST, I'm just waiting for my official orders right now to confirm before I start setting things up.

Isamill
December 9th, 2012, 18:13
it's took me awhile to get my head around the timezones too.
Australia and NZ seem to be rather unsocial hours compared to the rest of the mainstream rpg world LOL

damned
December 9th, 2012, 22:48
tis true... my last 2 campaigns featured 2 US players and then several players from AUS and NZ. we started play at 10pm AUS time, midnight NZ and 7am US... it was a challenge for all.

Isamill
December 10th, 2012, 08:10
tis true... my last 2 campaigns featured 2 US players and then several players from AUS and NZ. we started play at 10pm AUS time, midnight NZ and 7am US... it was a challenge for all.

Wow that is what I all dedicaton!! How long did the group last? you must have made it interesting or the Kiwi's would have fallen asleep (nah scratch that, I forgot Kiwi's are nocturnal LOL)

Isamill
December 10th, 2012, 08:24
Damn Time Zones, It will probably be a Thursday or Friday game stating around Noon CST, I'm just waiting for my official orders right now to confirm before I start setting things up.

If it was the Friday noon for you, that would be perfect for me at 4am Saturday morning I'm up then anyway and that gives 4 -5 hours before the kids play Saturday sport
I would have to let Valarian down (or you could duel to the death with rusty pocket knives for my undivided attention Bwaahaahaa - winner takes all!!!)
So if the Friday avo suits you count me in if you don't mind a learner with the FG system

Valarian
December 10th, 2012, 08:45
That's not a problem. I'm running a game already so I concede the other slot

damned
December 10th, 2012, 12:06
Wow that is what I all dedicaton!! How long did the group last? you must have made it interesting or the Kiwi's would have fallen asleep (nah scratch that, I forgot Kiwi's are nocturnal LOL)

:)
2 different campaigns - one for about 9months and the other about 4months...
actually the US guys were the most dedicated and the kiwi - he didnt last as long. we started the 3rd campaign after the US guys finally gave in. These days we start at 830pm for the 6 aussies and 430am for the one US player :)