PDA

View Full Version : Connection Issue since today

Myrmidion
December 7th, 2012, 21:07
Hi there, i´ve had a new connection issue. It appeared with Version 2.9.1 suddenly the Server lagged on both sides, client and host. We figured it could have been with the Update, when we started our game, the update was avaible. So we did the update and the error was still there.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_node.lua"]:11: attempt to call field 'getDatabaseNode' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_node.lua"]:11: attempt to call field 'getDatabaseNode' (a nil value)
Network Warning: Download error for file 'common.xml@PFRPG Spells'; HTTP/1.1 404 NOT FOUND
Network Warning: Download error for file 'common.xml@PFRPG Spells'; HTTP/1.1 404 NOT FOUND

This was the error one client got. After that, the connection was normal and no lag.
Nothing was altered in the campaign files since a month or so.

Just saw someone in another Thread with a similar issue.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17824

Moon Wizard
December 7th, 2012, 21:32
The common.xml download warnings are normal. They've actually been around for a long time. Fantasy Grounds always checks for every module enabled by the GM whether there is common data in the module. Unfortunately, the only way to check internally is to make the request and have it fail.

The script errors are not expected. I'm assuming that the 3.5E ruleset is being used.

Can you have the GM disable any extensions and try again? Either way, which extensions are being used?

Regards,
JPG

Myrmidion
December 7th, 2012, 21:46
Yes, it is the 3.5 Ruleset in Pathfinder mode.
The only extension used is the pathfinder theme for 3.5.
IŽll submit a new reply if using no extensions changes in the behaviour.

Myrmidion
December 7th, 2012, 22:29
A little testing later and it seems that the extensions cause the error.
IŽve loaded the pathfinder theme extension, a friend of mine loaded the dungeon theme extension.
With no extensions loaded, everything works just fine.

Moon Wizard
December 8th, 2012, 05:28
I just loaded all the included theme extensions (3.5E Dungeon, 4E Dungeon/Metal/Wood), and I did not get any errors in the console.

Ask the extension creators to take a look at the changing to the ruleset.

Regards,
JPG

Myrmidion
December 8th, 2012, 08:29
Hi there,
thats very strange, although I must say the problems came when someone connected.
Did you try it with a local connection (that one worked fine for me), or did someone connect as a client?

Edit:
Well, what shall I say? It was my antivirus programm, checking every single bit of information...

Case Closed: Problem solved :)