PDA

View Full Version : Release v2.9.2

Moon Wizard
December 7th, 2012, 19:36
Fantasy Grounds v2.9.2 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

The primary changes are:

[4E/3.5E] Token options for name, health and effect display.
[4E/3.5E] Support for portrait packs and portrait directories.
Support for per user UI scaling in Settings.
Speed improvements.
Bug fixes and more...

A comprehensive list of patch notes (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html) is available.

Cheers,
JPG

xaoslaad
December 8th, 2012, 17:22
I don't know what you guys did for 'performance improvements', but the masking/unmasking of images/maps is WAY faster now when running under wine! :D

Ramid
December 12th, 2012, 13:08
My group appears to be having problems after the new update with dicerolls.

After installing the update dicerolls often do not appear requiring repeated rolls until they show up in the chat.

damned
December 12th, 2012, 13:21
hi Ramid - i cant help you with that but you will make the process quicker if youa lso post info about your environment and game. eg: operating system, 32/64, rule-set, any extensions and any other info you can think of that might be relevant to your setup...

Olodrin
December 12th, 2012, 22:37
Wow, just wow.

My entire group's collective jaw hit the floor when we saw those markers hit the tokens in combat.

Seems like a small thing, but I'd say it cut combat time by 20% b/c there was no cross-talk about which creatures had which buffs or debuffs.

Fantastic work, SmiteWorks! I swear, if those R&D hacks at Hasbro had even an inkling of a clue, they'd buy you guys.

sciencephile
December 13th, 2012, 02:18
I swear, if those R&D hacks at Hasbro had even an inkling of a clue, they'd buy you guys.

Please don't wish this on us. We like software that works that won't end up being locked into Wizard's of the Coast's version of D&D (or get put on the shelf, or discontinued for the next "big" idea on how to make money while angering their existing customer base). :(

Crossing my fingers that Fantasy Grounds will never be tainted by Hasbro.

JohnD
December 13th, 2012, 03:32
...if those R&D hacks at Hasbro had even an inkling of a clue, they'd buy you guys.
A pox on this idea.

Olodrin
December 14th, 2012, 02:21
*Removes Ring of Power*

Sorry folks, didn't mean to draw the Eye to us.

When my group saw the VTT that WotC was putting together, we all just laughed out loud.

We are so thankful that the people at SmiteWorks are talented, diligent and always on the path of continuous improvement. Because of this tool, I have been able to game with globally dispersed friends for almost 5 years now.

Best ~$30 I've ever spent.

Merecraft
December 18th, 2012, 13:08
My group appears to be having problems after the new update with dicerolls.

After installing the update dicerolls often do not appear requiring repeated rolls until they show up in the chat.

Our group is having exactly the same problem. Running the latest Call of Cthulhu extension.

The issue seems to be related to the fact that rolling dice in the chat box no longer keeps them inside the chatbox - they roll outside it and then don't appear.

Using Win7 64 bit, but my players are using a mix of windows systems.

Trenloe
December 18th, 2012, 15:50
The issue seems to be related to the fact that rolling dice in the chat box no longer keeps them inside the chatbox - they roll outside it and then don't appear.
If they roll outside the chat box then they are not proper rolls and don't register.

How are you rolling? Picking up the dice and "throwing" them into the chat box or double-clicking on your character sheet?

If you are picking them up and throwing them, you need to make sure you hit the "hot spot" within the chat box - this is towards the top of the box. If the dice roll stays within the chat box you've hit it - if it rolls outside, you were probably letting go too early.

This hot-spot was changed in a recent release (but before 2.9.2) as people with different sized chat boxes were seeing different roll results (as the dice roll physical dynamics actually determines the result, not some random number generator), so if the size of the chat box was different, people would see different rolls - thus the size of the chat box dice rolling hot-spot has been reduced to be the same for all sizes of chat box.

Doswelk
December 20th, 2012, 19:45
I swear, if those R&D hacks at Hasbro had even an inkling of a clue, they'd buy you guys.
ARGH! NO! Please anything but that!

<wanders off to play a non HASBRO RPG>

Moon Wizard
December 22nd, 2012, 20:10
Let me look into the dice rolling report. I think that something might be a little off in the dice box for older rulesets, but I need to test some more.

Regards,
JPG

RosenMcStern
December 25th, 2012, 15:35
Confirmed. In Basic Roleplaying, rolling dice manually has become rather hard: you need to roll them into the chatbox, and keep the mouse pointer within the box until it shows the result, or else it does not appear.

Moon Wizard
December 26th, 2012, 21:23
In any ruleset with a staticly sized chat window (i.e. anything other than 3.5E/4E/SW/RMC), there is a bug that makes the "dice region" higher than expected by about a 100 pixels. I'm working on a patch for 2.9.3 beta.

Regards,
JPG

3nvy
January 28th, 2013, 04:00
Love the updates

robocoppa
April 7th, 2013, 01:23
[4E/3.5E] Token options for name, health and effect display.

This is a gooooooood feature, but the health indicator (a liiiiiittle dot in the bottom right of the token) is indeed toooo little.

If we must zoom in to see his colour the benefit of this feature is reduced a lot.

A more clear "Healt side bar" in the right of the token was more efficient in my humble opinion.

Thank you anyway.

Ciao.

Trenloe
April 7th, 2013, 06:08
This is a gooooooood feature, but the health indicator (a liiiiiittle dot in the bottom right of the token) is indeed toooo little.

If we must zoom in to see his colour the benefit of this feature is reduced a lot.

A more clear "Healt side bar" in the right of the token was more efficient in my humble opinion.
There are a number of options to choose from, one of which is indeed a bar to the right of the token. Within the campaign use Options -> Token (GM) -> Token Show Enemy Health and/or Token Show Friend Health.

robocoppa
April 7th, 2013, 09:29
There are a number of options to choose from, one of which is indeed a bar to the right of the token. Within the campaign use Options -> Token (GM) -> Token Show Enemy Health and/or Token Show Friend Health.

Wow! Wonderfull just tried, that is great!

Thanks for the hint.

Ciao.