PDA

View Full Version : Master of the Fallen Fortress

Blackfoot
December 6th, 2012, 16:42
A dungeon-based adventure for 1st-level characters.

The ruined siege castles outside Absalom have long beckoned adventurers looking to make a name for themselves. Now an earthquake has cracked open one of these fabled ruins, and its lost mysteries and fantastic treasures lie exposed for the first time in centuries. But the tower's empty halls once more echo with living footfalls, and a new master has claimed the Fallen Fortress as his own. Can the PCs find a way to get inside its shattered walls? What ancient dangers and fresh threats will they encounter inside its crumbling chambers? And will the PCs be able to defeat the current Master of the Fallen Fortress?

Written by Rob McCreary.

Anyone up for playing this one this weekend?
I have some time available... 2 slots are already filled so I just need 4 more players for a full boat.
This is a Level 1 Sanctioned Module, which means it is repeatable for Level 1 characters and can be played ONCE at Level 2.. so you can get credit on 50 different level 1 characters and on your 51st character at level 2... if you want. :)

Time slots available:
Friday - 3:30-7pm EST
Saturday - 9 AM - 12 AM EST
Sunday - 1-6pm EST

Skellan
December 6th, 2012, 17:04
I am up for it :D
Is it 3 xp or 1xp?

Blackfoot
December 6th, 2012, 17:06
It's a 'Short' module... so 1xp 1pp/fame... and of course it runs in only 1 session.

Tinculin
December 6th, 2012, 19:08
Illuriel and I could join saturday :)

Killian
December 6th, 2012, 19:25
If you end up doing the Friday or the Sunday times I have a new tiefling I've been wanting to try out. But I've been a bit heavy on the games this week so probably worth me sitting out, just drop me a message if you choose those times and need a 4th.

lachancery
December 6th, 2012, 19:45
I'd join if it's on Saturday (with MorQuesse).

Blackfoot
December 6th, 2012, 21:15
OK.. sounds like I can get a full boat... like I said.. I have 4 slots available.
Looks like the majority is looking at a Saturday slot... sorry Killian.

Any particular time slot good for those who can make Saturday?

lachancery
December 6th, 2012, 22:49
Any particular time slot good for those who can make Saturday?
I'm good with the schedule you proposed, starting at 9pm.

Blackfoot
December 6th, 2012, 22:51
hee hee... umm.. actually.. 9-12 isn't enough time. I was saying I was available from 9am - 12pm (but forgot to put in the am piece)

lachancery
December 6th, 2012, 23:10
hee hee... umm.. actually.. 9-12 isn't enough time. I was saying I was available from 9am - 12pm (but forgot to put in the am piece)
Oooooh! My bad. I read that as being in the evening! Can't during the day on week-ends (too busy with kids). You've got a free slot on Saturday then... :(

Blackfoot
December 6th, 2012, 23:13
OK.. wait... my time sense is hosed again...
9am is in the morning.. but 12 AM is at night... basically I can run this slot anytime Saturday that I can get people together for 4-5 hours... I would prefer to be done by midnight.. but I probably don't actually have that limit... it just depends on when people can play.

lachancery
December 6th, 2012, 23:28
LOL! You're confusing me now! I'm available anywhere after 8pm on Saturday night. If the others are available in the morning though, don't reschedule for me!

Others?

Blackfoot
December 7th, 2012, 05:08
I edited the first post and added a calendar entry.

Blackfoot
December 7th, 2012, 05:14
Vote for ALL slots that work for you on the calendar... assume the game will run at least 4.5 to 5 hours...

Skellan
December 7th, 2012, 05:21
Awesome, i will have my character with you later today. Not sure what I will make yet. perhaps a finger wiggler

Blackfoot
December 7th, 2012, 05:29
In addition to whatever we get on the calendar.. we have a Witch and an Alchemist... both level 2... we can actually make out pretty well with a party of 4 on this one if 3 of them are level 2.. so I may just lock in the 7pm EST time slot at this point.

lachancery
December 7th, 2012, 05:37
I'd like to buy gear before starting the scenario; is that ok?

Blackfoot
December 7th, 2012, 05:38
I'd like to buy gear before starting the scenario; is that ok?Bring a list of the gear and the prices to the game or just email them to me and I'll add them to your chronicle. Is this your first game at level 2?

Blackfoot
December 7th, 2012, 05:40
I also need .xml files and .pdf of previous chronicles.

Blackfoot
December 7th, 2012, 05:42
Awesome, i will have my character with you later today. Not sure what I will make yet. perhaps a finger wigglerTalking about finger wigglers... after all that discussion about summoners I went ahead and made one up today... :) Seems like they could be kinda fun.

Blackfoot
December 7th, 2012, 06:07
Slots so far:
2 : Daleya - Elf Alchemist
2 : Peanut - Zo - Elf Witch
2 : lachancery - MorQuesse - Tengu Dawnflower Dervish/Bard
1 : Skellan - ?
1 : Tinculin - Maehyer -
2 : Aajednee - Illuriel - Oracle

Wait List:

lachancery
December 7th, 2012, 06:10
Bring a list of the gear and the prices to the game or just email them to me and I'll add them to your chronicle. Is this your first game at level 2?
Yes, it will be the first time MorQuesse is played at level 2, although he did get a GM chronicle sheet when I raw Bloodcove Disguise. I don't have laptop with me tonight. I'll upload chronicle sheets, the latest XML and the list of gear I wish to buy & sell before the scenario.

lachancery
December 7th, 2012, 06:11
Talking about finger wigglers... after all that discussion about summoners I went ahead and made one up today... :) Seems like they could be kinda fun.
Huh... Forgive my ignorance, but what is a finger wiggler?

Blackfoot
December 7th, 2012, 06:12
Yes, it will be the first time MorQuesse is played at level 2, although he did get a GM chronicle sheet when I raw Bloodcove Disguise. I don't have laptop with me tonight. I'll upload chronicle sheets, the latest XML and the list of gear I wish to buy & sell before the scenario.
Remember this is your last chance to do a refit before playing at level 2... so you can change anything about your character including selling back items at full value.. (except for used items)... but I'll list those changes on this chronicle.

Blackfoot
December 7th, 2012, 06:13
Huh... Forgive my ignorance, but what is a finger wiggler?
Spellcaster?

Skellan
December 7th, 2012, 06:13
finger wigglers are spellcaster types :)

lachancery
December 7th, 2012, 06:18
Remember this is your last chance to do a refit before playing at level 2... so you can change anything about your character including selling back items at full value.. (except for used items)... but I'll list those changes on this chronicle.
Roger that. I have already refit the character choices at level 1 towards the new growth path I envisioned. The only thing left to sell I believe is my padded armor. Since this will be the second chronicle sheet for level 2, I don't mind selling it at half-price if that's what it's supposed to be. Will follow up with everything tomorrow.

Blackfoot
December 7th, 2012, 06:22
Roger that. I have already refit the character choices at level 1 towards the new growth path I envisioned. The only thing left to sell I believe is my padded armor. Since this will be the second chronicle sheet for level 2, I don't mind selling it at half-price if that's what it's supposed to be. Will follow up with everything tomorrow.You are allowed to sellback that armor for full on your GM chronicle... but not on this one. I would do that if I were you.

Trenloe
December 7th, 2012, 06:48
Talking about finger wigglers... after all that discussion about summoners I went ahead and made one up today... :) Seems like they could be kinda fun.
They can be fun... A few archetypes are not allowed in PFS play - broodmaster summoner, master summoner and synthesist summoner.

Killian
December 7th, 2012, 11:43
Hey Blackfoot, go ahead and pencil me out got other plans for Sunday now too. You guys have fun :)

Blackfoot
December 7th, 2012, 13:27
1 : Tinculin - Maehyer -
1 : Aajednee - Illuriel -

Are you two still down for this one?

Tinculin
December 7th, 2012, 14:02
Hi,

Ill be there.

Need to try and sort out a lite license for illuriel & will let you know a little later.

Blackfoot
December 7th, 2012, 14:37
Hi,

Ill be there.

Need to try and sort out a lite license for illuriel & will let you know a little later.Can you make a 12am GMT Sunday start time? I put a bunch of times on the calendar and that one appears to be the best for everyone.
You'll find the Calendar entry in the first post in this thread.

Aajednee
December 7th, 2012, 15:14
12 am sunday is fine for me but i dont have a lite licence yet so not sure i can play ill have to see what i can do :(
but if i can sort that out before saturday night Illuriel is a 2nd level Oracle

Blackfoot
December 7th, 2012, 15:15
Let me know how it works out. I have your characters and chronicles from Skellan's last game drop box.. so you are good to go if you can get it sorted out.

Aajednee
December 7th, 2012, 15:20
thats great just make sure you have the right one as i changed him a bit due to noticing the lack of warrior types so hes still sort of a cleric i guess hehe :)

Tinculin
December 7th, 2012, 16:27
We both advanced a level so you will need our level 2 .xml files.

Skellan has a copy for tonight game, you can use those or I can send you a copy

Blackfoot
December 7th, 2012, 16:30
Ahh. Ok... didn't realize you folks had played another game since the other night... then I need both your .xml files and .pdfs of your chronicles ASAP.

lachancery
December 7th, 2012, 17:31
Blackfoot: I ended up making all buying/selling on my previous chronicle sheet (since I was the GM and it was my first level 2 chronicle sheet). XML and last chronicle sheet attached. The two previous chronicle sheets were the ones you made for me for the First Steps scenario.

Aajednee
December 7th, 2012, 18:19
Right so id say now there is very good chance i will have everything sorted out for saturday night so ive signed up as Illuriel 2nd level Oracle, Skellan should have my character only new purchase i made was a masterwork nodachi which hopefully has been added and money deducted etc looking forward to playing alongside Skellan too and enjoying your style of Gm`ing :D

Blackfoot
December 7th, 2012, 18:31
Blackfoot: I ended up making all buying/selling on my previous chronicle sheet (since I was the GM and it was my first level 2 chronicle sheet). XML and last chronicle sheet attached. The two previous chronicle sheets were the ones you made for me for the First Steps scenario.
Awesome. That should work out great.

Blackfoot
December 7th, 2012, 19:07
Right so id say now there is very good chance i will have everything sorted out for saturday night so ive signed up as Illuriel 2nd level Oracle, Skellan should have my character only new purchase i made was a masterwork nodachi which hopefully has been added and money deducted etc looking forward to playing alongside Skellan too and enjoying your style of Gm`ing :D
The way purchases works is that whatever you bought on the previous chronicle you should have going into the game. Most PFS games allow for a little time at the start to make some additional pregame purchases, so if you have a list of those handy with the costs at the gametime that makes it very easy for those to go on your chronicle from this game.
Basically the bottom line from the last chronicle is the first line from this one as far as XP, GP, PP go... so I'll be taking your 'starting gold' from the bottom of your last chronicle... and then any new purchases would be deducted on this one.
Hopefully that makes sense.

Blackfoot
December 7th, 2012, 19:15
Skellan, if you can get me those 3 character files sometime tonight that would be great.

lachancery
December 7th, 2012, 19:19
Awesome. That should work out great.
Heads up: I had made a mistake on my prestige points in the chronicle sheet I uploaded. I corrected it and replaced it. (I had used 2 PP a while ago to buy a wand of CLW).

Blackfoot
December 7th, 2012, 20:20
Noted. Thanks.

Skellan
December 7th, 2012, 20:21
Here are the characters and chronicles for you :)
Maehyer and Illuriel are both playing this evening so I will send the chronicle for that session after the game (and an updated character xml if necessary)

Norbur is my new character (tin can) and he is brand new

lachancery
December 8th, 2012, 03:37
Heads up Blackfoot: I just played tonight in Skellan's game. The XML and chronicle sheet I uploaded previously are no longer valid; mind you, the only difference on the XML are gold pieces and an extra scroll of endure elements that I purchased, so pretty minor.

Blackfoot
December 8th, 2012, 03:54
Sounds like I'm going to need a few chronicles from that game.

Skellan
December 8th, 2012, 04:42
....And would I let you down? :D

Here they are :)

Blackfoot
December 8th, 2012, 04:44
Thanks Skellan.

Blackfoot
December 8th, 2012, 04:47
Skellan, I do need a PFS # for your Dwarf.

Blackfoot
December 8th, 2012, 04:51
Uhh... Illuriel's Mithral Full Plate costs a LOT more than that I'm afraid to say.
10500gp for Mithral Plate :(

Skellan
December 8th, 2012, 05:10
I think it is supposed to be just masterwork, does that fit?

Skellan
December 8th, 2012, 05:11
Norbur's number is 62703-3

Blackfoot
December 8th, 2012, 05:12
I think it is supposed to be just masterwork, does that fit?
Masterwork Full Plate is 1650gp

Blackfoot
December 8th, 2012, 05:17
This module is going to push me to 2 stars. :)

Skellan
December 8th, 2012, 05:25
Here's the version that reads Masterwork Full Plate

Skellan
December 8th, 2012, 05:26

Awesome :) Well done!

Blackfoot
December 8th, 2012, 06:32
Illuriel appears to have 2 revelations.. but I do not see any reference to his mystery or his revelations anywhere on his sheet.

lachancery
December 8th, 2012, 11:24
Congratulations!

Tinculin
December 8th, 2012, 13:22
2 Stars - getting to giddy heights!

lachancery
December 8th, 2012, 16:26
Here's my latest chronicle sheet (yesterday's game). I'll update the XML when I logon tonight; only three things have changed (added scroll of endure elements, gold pieces, -1 charge on wand of CLW).

Skellan
December 8th, 2012, 21:33
Here's my latest chronicle sheet (yesterday's game). I'll update the XML when I logon tonight; only three things have changed (added scroll of endure elements, gold pieces, -1 charge on wand of CLW).

Oops, I forgot you were playing this one or I would have done yours last night too!

Gadreun
December 8th, 2012, 22:20
hmmm when i last looked at this one the time wasnt good for me now its perfect but full! lol oh well maybe next weekend :)

Blackfoot
December 8th, 2012, 23:15
Server is up.

Skellan
December 9th, 2012, 00:21
heres the portrait

Blackfoot
December 9th, 2012, 08:18
heres the portrait
You always want your portrait images to be square, otherwise the program will squish them and you'll end up looking like you haven't had a sandwich for a few years... try this version.

Dakadin
December 9th, 2012, 08:53
You always want your portrait images to be square, otherwise the program will squish them and you'll end up looking like you haven't had a sandwich for a few years... try this version.

Or it will make you look like you've had a few too many sandwiches if it is taller than it is wide. :D

Aajednee
December 9th, 2012, 18:54
Thankyou for everything the other night including all the help with character effects etc :)