PDA

View Full Version : Starting a pathfinder game

jasonthelamb
December 6th, 2012, 06:30
I'm looking to start a Pathfinder game, start time would be ~7PM EST and would go to ~10PM EST or later, depending on a group vote.

Nights that I would be available:

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday

I'm looking for 4-5 people who can show up regularly, I understand RL happens and I get that people cant make EVERY week, but I'd like to have a game where I don't have to cancel it because people aren't showing up.

A little about me; I'm new to DMing (this will actually be my first trial here), and I want to run a campaign that will be fun for everyone involved...

If you're interested in playing, post here or PM me, and if you have any questions please PM me so I don't miss them.

EDIT: IT LOOKS LIKE PLAY TIMES WILL BE ON THURSDAY FROM 7PM-11PM OR 8PM-12AM
GAMECALENDAR (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=945)

jasonthelamb
December 8th, 2012, 06:23
Just a little update; we've got our first character - a rogue... I'll post what I told him in IMs to see if it interests anyone else.

I'll start with the schedule; I can do most any night during the week, and I'd like to hear the player's schedules before making and definite decision.

The campaign itself takes place on the homebrew island of Aldiron. (map (https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/Naomesa/map1png-1.png)) The prelude of the game is where I'm going to do a one-on-one session with each player and get them all to the same place, so that when the campaign starts, we don't have the issue of "why" for everyone.

Aldiron is in a state of massive civil war as the King was killed by his bastard son, and you have five distinct territories arising, as you see from the map. Lorholt is loyal to the King's real son, Valcrest is loyal to the Bastard Son, Axfast has their own King, Orhurst (the starting location) has their own Queen, and Vorech is run by a Triumvirate.

The war is especially brutal in the south, and PCs probably won't see a lot of the war early... from there I'm really going to leave it to the PCs, give them the choice of... well... anything in the books.

The reason I've zoomed into the map so much is because if the campaign goes to a point where the Island is saved, there are other places to travel; the continent you can see in the map that is red is simply referred to as "The savage lands."

On the technical side of the game, players start at 2nd level, and can either roll in front of me or take a 18/17/16/15/14/13 point sheet before mods. One magical weapon worth less than 3,000 gold pieces that will somehow be given to you in your prelude, and 1,000 gp to buy your equipment. Deities are Forgotten Realm style...

blckattk
December 8th, 2012, 17:43
i would love to join this game. i would want to be a ranger. also that point sheet is really good to start with. you don't have to take a negative if you don't want to.

CrimsonCrust
December 8th, 2012, 17:54
Hey Jason. I can play Tuesday or Thursday if you are playing on one of those I would love to join you.

I would like to play a fighter.

jasonthelamb
December 8th, 2012, 18:25
I can do Tuesday or Thursday night.

If everyone could post or PM me their availability, I'll try and make up a schedule.

Really looking forward to getting this campaign off- it'll be my first time EVER GMing so you guys should be in for a good time :P

CrimsonCrust
December 8th, 2012, 18:57
Here is a XML file. I have the PCG as well. It would not let me upload it though.

I applied on the calendar as well.

jasonthelamb
December 8th, 2012, 19:08
Alright Crimson I have your character in the campaign

CrimsonCrust
December 8th, 2012, 19:20
Can you add me to the campaign on obsidian?

blckattk
December 8th, 2012, 19:45
i am in the process of making my character so i will have him done in a min

jasonthelamb
December 8th, 2012, 19:53
okay, if you two want to jump on FG to test out your characters, the address for the game is keen dice young hook

I'll have teh server up for a while, though I'll be AFK from ~3 PM until 4-ish, I think,.

CrimsonCrust
December 8th, 2012, 20:18
Ok I finished creating my char. on Obsidian as well.

TheShroud
December 9th, 2012, 02:42
id be interested in joining

jasonthelamb
December 9th, 2012, 02:43
Alright, we did the prelude for the Ranger tonight, and I hope to get everyone else done; if you have any questions that aren't answered on the first page go ahead and PM me or skypem e.

blckattk
December 9th, 2012, 15:34
after looking up enchantments and how they work, the item i have is too much for the price of the game. it would have ended up costing 6000gp more then the total we came out to. the link bellow has the explanations and a chart for how magic items work.
https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/magicItems/weapons.html

so i would just make it a (+4)str +1enhance.

jasonthelamb
December 9th, 2012, 16:00
Ahh okay, I thought that was what your bow was, a +4 STR Composite Longbow, +1 Shock; if you had it as a +1 Longbow it would've seen it as a +2 and been more expensive.

blckattk
December 9th, 2012, 16:04
no it will be a +4 composite. it can't have the shock without having a +1 enchantment first. so the shock would actually be in place of the +2

jasonthelamb
December 9th, 2012, 16:07
I may be wrong but I believe the +1 shock is an enhancement bonus to it, so what you have is fine.

CrimsonCrust
December 9th, 2012, 16:08
I wonder if I went to cheap witha +1 greatsword. haha. Anything over +1 is a lot more expensive.

A +4 item would be 32k.

blckattk
December 9th, 2012, 16:10
lol yeah +2 is like 8 grand. i spent a lot of today reading PF ruleset and making my shopping list so i know what i want to get.

jasonthelamb
December 9th, 2012, 16:10
+1 Greatsword is ~2.3k, so you're only 700G off the max.

CrimsonCrust
December 9th, 2012, 16:13
Yeah. I know :) Pcgen will do the math for you if you hit custom on a item.

blckattk
December 9th, 2012, 16:14
Crimson what are you, a fighter?

CrimsonCrust
December 9th, 2012, 16:16
Yes. We have no magic users at all yet. We have a ranger, fighter, and rogue.

jasonthelamb
December 9th, 2012, 16:16
Yes Crimson is the fighter; Crimson if you want to do your prelude I can load FG2 now.

blckattk
December 9th, 2012, 16:17
can i watch

CrimsonCrust
December 9th, 2012, 16:18
Sure I'll load it up.

jasonthelamb
December 9th, 2012, 16:19
Doesn't matter to me; and yes - we may have a Magus Tiefling joining (I've talked to him and played with him before, his Tiefling seems interesting.)

CrimsonCrust
December 9th, 2012, 16:20
Hey don't forget to post your char. to obsidian as well. I think that will actually be a cool site. We should probably get the upgrade. I think I can buy it for us for the year. It will help the GM with making side notes that only each player would know. Stuff like that.

blckattk
December 9th, 2012, 16:21
what's the obsidian site address?

blckattk
December 9th, 2012, 16:23
id be interested in joining
yes we need spell casters lol.

CrimsonCrust
December 9th, 2012, 16:26
Come to watch if you want man.

CrimsonCrust
December 9th, 2012, 16:27
https://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-fallen-throne

Obsidian site.

CrimsonCrust
December 9th, 2012, 16:39
Hey don't forget to sign up on campaign page.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=945

Tymire
December 9th, 2012, 18:46
I'd be interested here. Put me down for a Sylph wizard (wind listener) if you still have room.

jasonthelamb
December 9th, 2012, 18:51
Alright, sign up on the FG and OP sites if you haven't yet; I'll want to get a prelude in so you're where everyone else is.

CrimsonCrust
December 10th, 2012, 00:09
I posted about Ricky Road's prelude on our Obsidian page.

https://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/the-fallen-throne/adventure-log

Check it out.

CrimsonCrust
December 10th, 2012, 01:58
Already got obsidian.

CrimsonCrust
December 10th, 2012, 13:46
I updated Ricky Road to lvl 3. I need to update him on FG when you get a chance.

jasonthelamb
December 10th, 2012, 13:55
The server will be up most of the day while I'm at school,; I'll be home around 2PM EST I think, not exactly sure.

If you're interested in joining go ahead and PM me or post here, we're looking for maybe a cleric or something... maybe I'll give a little bonus if someone rolls a Cleric :)

jasonthelamb
December 12th, 2012, 20:53
update: still looking for one more character, we're looking to start on the 18th of December (tuesday) at 7PM, and pick up each Thursday after, probably on the 3rd of January.

Macgreine
December 13th, 2012, 03:17
Hey Jason,
I wouldn't be able to start till the 3rd but what times did you decide on? What class do you need filled?

CrimsonCrust
December 13th, 2012, 03:20
We have a wizard, rogue, fighter, ranger, magus. The times are posted on the calendar as well.

blckattk
December 13th, 2012, 20:46
I didn't even realize that this is the second game i'm playing with you Crimson.

CrimsonCrust
December 13th, 2012, 20:56
Haha. I thought you were stalking me at first... But then I realized black crimson was to cool of a name combo. (that make sense at all? lol)

CrimsonCrust
December 14th, 2012, 13:48
We are still looking for 1-2 players. Games are every Thursday evening 6PM Central. We currently have a magus, ranger, rogue, and fighter. Games start next week.

Link to the Obsidian page as well.

https://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/the-fallen-throne/wikis/home-page

Sturmir
December 16th, 2012, 04:14
This seems interesting... I'll try to tag along if there is room.

CrimsonCrust
December 19th, 2012, 16:42
https://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/the-fallen-throne/adventure-log

Here is my updated write up for Ricky.

Nintaku
December 22nd, 2012, 22:20
Hey there, I'm interested in this as the hours fit my schedule.
Do you still have room for this game?

Also are you playing on Fridays? That would be the only good time for me.

jasonthelamb
December 22nd, 2012, 22:40
We're all full and we play Thursdays.

CrimsonCrust
December 23rd, 2012, 01:24
Ricky gonna knock you out.

What?!?!?

-Crimson

jasonthelamb
December 23rd, 2012, 04:48
Ricky gonna knock you out.

What?!?!?

-Crimson

Yeah... plus you'd have to play with this fool

"let me just throw the rogue into the trap"

CrimsonCrust
December 28th, 2012, 00:23
Games going hurry up guys.

jasonthelamb
January 27th, 2013, 06:23
Looking at adding 1-2 more players, and I would prefer for one of them to be a melee-focused class (though I won't make anyone play something they don't want to.)

If you are interested in playing in a PATHFINDER HOMEBREW game, PM me or post here, and I'll get back to you ASAP.

CrimsonCrust
January 27th, 2013, 18:55
What are u talkin Lucy we need a wizard.

CrimsonCrust
January 27th, 2013, 19:35
Actually since we will be having 0 healing now that are paladin is gone a Cleric would be nice.

Laucian
January 28th, 2013, 03:32
I'd like to join if possible. Although I'm not quite sure what type of character you need. I'll PM you my email.

jasonthelamb
February 1st, 2013, 10:17
Still looking for two players! PST if you're interested.

CrimsonCrust
February 6th, 2013, 00:37
I'm guessing the game is off for today?

ric00015
February 8th, 2013, 18:16
If you still need a melee and a healer, I could be a paladin/oracle. Otherwise I could play just about anything else. What level?

Thurs 7-10 EST would be 5-8 MST, right? That would work for me too.

CrimsonCrust
February 8th, 2013, 19:45
Games are on Tuesdays 6 central to 10 central. I think jason goes with the idea of you playing whatever you want, I as a player would love a healer though ahaha.

jasonthelamb
February 8th, 2013, 21:07
We play usually 7-11 PM EST, with the server being up at 6 and closing ~12.

You can play whatever you wish, but, as Crimson said, a healer would be good.

if you can get with me on skype, I'll try answer any questions you may have, and give you the starting info.

ric00015
February 8th, 2013, 21:48
I thought the game was on Thurs, not Tues. If it is on Tuesday, I won't be able to make it. I get off work at 7 pm MST.

If it is on Thursday, I'm certainly available.

I do have an idea for a paladin/oracle.

inuroku842
February 17th, 2013, 07:25
hey jason, I'd be interested in playing as well. I can play nearly any night of the week except saturdays. would like to play either a wizard or a monk if that's okay. i contacted you on skype as well

myersjm
February 19th, 2013, 01:44
i have a fighter, and a buddy is a sorceror...but we are level 8. if you are starting off at level one, then sorry, and please ignore.