PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds Feature Improvements extension v2

Ikael
December 5th, 2012, 12:38
This thread is about Savage World Feature Improvements (SWFI) extension after the first migration, in which a dozen features were included into core SW ruleset (thanks to phantomwhale). This thread is continuing the workflow presented in the old thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16637) and should be used instead of it hereafter.

SWFI extension is a free and an unofficial SW extension which aims to add new and improved features to core SW ruleset in agile and quick delivery paced development iterations. I am very open to hear feedback, suggestions and issues/bugs about anything related to SW ruleset or this extension and can include your requests my TODO list. You're free to report any of these matters to this thread or send me email/private message.

You can download the extension from this thread (see the attachment below). Here is the list of features and improvements that this extension provides on top of the core SW ruleset:

Implemented new improvements and features

Traits :: Assign different Wild Die to any trait: By holding ALT down and dragging and dropping a die on any trait that die becomes the Wild Die for that trait. If the assigned Wild Die is not the default one used in your campign a die notifier will appear on top right corner of the trait.
Traits :: D12 trait die: In core SW ruleset D12 traits cause skill entries to overflow on PC and NPC sheets. As an improvement, when D12 is assigned to trait, no additional numberbox is rendered next to trait, instead it's rendered into bonuslist. When clicking the middle-mouse button on any trait, the bonuslist window is opened. When the middle-mouse button is clicked anywhere on bonuslist window, the window dissapears.
Traits :: Visible trait modifiers: Trait's total modifier is displayed on right bottom corner of the trait.
PCs :: Creation of pre-generated PCs: Host may export existing PCs from campaign into modules and include them into new campaign thereafter. See new option in export menu. When opened module contains pre-generated PCs the character selection will display them and host may drag 'n drop them into selection list to make them available for players.
PCs :: Improvements on character selection: Character selection screen was changed to be dynamically resizable. In addition character export and import features were improved to be easier to use.
PCs :: Unavailable characters: Host may explicitely declare any existing characteras unavailable from character selection view. When this is done the character is not displayed for any player and it cannot be selected in use.
PCs :: Update ally information: When NPC is dragged n' dropped into character sheet, player has possibility to update and change ally's information.
PCs :: PCs can talk as ally: Players can chat using any of his/her controlled ally's identity. To enable this, the ally must have been added into character sheet.
PC sheet :: Unskilled skill-entry: PCs should automatically have unskilled skill-entry in their character sheet.
PC sheet :: Favored skills on minisheet: Allow players mark any of their skills as favored. Favored skills are displayed in the minisheet.
PC sheet :: Build-in power extension features: Leo Gray's original power extension was built-in to this extension to make it compatible with other features.
PC sheet :: Show portrait on character sheet: PC's portrait image is now displayed on character sheet with speak-bubble which host can use to activate PC identity. In addition if you drag n' drop any token into PC portrait, that token becomes character's "combat token". Thereafter when you drag from PC portrait, you will drag character's "combat token" instead of the portrait itself. Combat token can be cleared with right menu option or clicking middle-mouse button on PC portrait on character sheet. You can also display current combat token by holding ALT down.
PC sheet :: Improvements on weapons listing: Weapons on PC sheet should have all features that other traits have. In addition ammonation should be positioned differently to save space.
PC sheet :: Improvements on powers listing: Powers on PC sheet should have all features that other traits have.
PC sheet :: Highlighting list items: When mouse is hovered over list of items that item should be highlighted to increase readability.
NPC sheet :: Miscellaneous improvements on NPC sheet: Minor cosmic changes on NPC sheet to increase read- and useability.
PC/NPC sheet :: Expanding bonuslist's label: Bonuslist window's label will expand downwards if a name is too long. In addition the label will automatically update if it's changed in sheet.
PC portraits :: Allow players to see other's bennies: New option was added for host to select if bennies will be displayed on PC portaits.
PC portraits :: Allow players to see other's Power Points: New option was added for host to select if power points will be displayed on PC portaits.
PC portraits :: Allow players to see other's combat conditions: New option was added for host to select if combat conditions will be displayed on PC portaits. Combat conditions include indicators for Shaken, Wounds and Incapacitated.
Combat tracker :: Menu options: Combat tracker has new menu on the bottom of the tracker. This menu can be used to remove all NPCs or PCs from combat tracker, and to import all active PCs into it.
Combat tracker :: Attack line(s): NPC have trait and weapon lines in their combat tracker entry to speed up attacking and rolling damages.
Combat tracker :: End turn option for players: When it's player's turn s/he can explicitely end the turn by clicking the "End turn" button.
Combat tracker :: Sharing minitracker to players: When host shares the minitracker to players, the minitracker won't open to host itself because s/he can use the main combat tracker. In addition players cannot close the minitracker themselves. Only the host can close everyone's combat tracker by closing the main tracker.
Chat :: Built-in languages feature: New option was added for host to enable and disable languages feature. Languages features works like 4E ruleset's Languages extension, but instead of using slashcommands, players and host can select used language from dropdown selection box next to the chat window. Host must prepare set of supported languages beforehand by selecting and using the languages list tool on right upper corner. Thereafter player's can define which languages they know by dragging n' dropping selected languages from that list into their characters sheet.
Chat :: Improved auto-complate feature: When typing into chat-entry, players and host can use autocomplete feature by typing few letters and pressing TAB. The autocomplete attempt to suggest identity names from following sources: PC names, PC allies and GM identities. To use this feature, type few initial letters of identity you're looking for, and hit TAB button. Normally you would get first found result and no way to continue the search, but as an improvement when you keep pressing TAB it will provide you all possible hits based on your initial search criteria. In addition when you hold down SHIFT and press TAB, the search will return to the previous hit.
Library :: Allow host to create new entries to library: Do you need new edges, hindarances or other things in your game but you don't know how to do it in XML? No need to sweat anymore. When host is browsing entries such edges, hindarances, skills, races from library, s/he can even create own custom entries into the library. Simply right click on selected library entry list and select "create new". In addition host may also copy existing entries and modify them thereafter. To copy an existing entry, right click on the entry and select "copy entry", it will make full-copy of given entry. Custom entries can thereafter be used like any other library entries. Host can also export custom library entries into modules and use them in any other campaign thereafter. To allow players to see the custom entries, remember to export your customized entries as Shared (common) enteries so client will automatically download them in use.
Images & Maps :: Three-layer feature in images and maps: Enable three independent layers for images and maps. Bottom layer for showing background image/blueprint, middle layer for host to setup background related tokens and tiles, and the top layer for play tokens.
Images & Maps :: Set independent measure scale to maps: Different map should be able to have different measure scale. Combat maps have meters/inches, but travalling maps can have kilometers and spacemaps can have lightyears etc.
Utilities :: Calendar and time: 4E ruleset calendar feature was implemented. Different calendar systems can be defined as modules.
Bug fix :: Using the "Clear die" option on Fighting skill causes an error: Bug fixed
Bug fix :: Character sheet's weapon types cause errors when dragged or double-clicked (if skill had no bonuses): Bug fixed

Planned improvements and features

Utilities :: Rollable tables: Create customizable and rollable tables. Host can create new tables and edit existing ones, and even export them to modules.

Draeus
December 6th, 2012, 00:12
I so can't wait for the images and maps feature! I have my dungeon tile tokens ready :) Keep up the good work :)

Ikael
December 6th, 2012, 13:33
SWIFI v61 just got released and it brings the first attempt to implement DrZeuss' Enhanced Images (v1.41) features to SW. Some base features has been tested but it has not been used in real play-testing. Any external playtesting are welcome :) I will update these features whenever new version of Enhanced Images is released by DrZeuss.

New implemented features:

Images & Maps :: Three-layer feature in images and maps: Enable three independent layers for images and maps. Bottom layer for showing background image/blueprint, middle layer for host to setup background related tokens and tiles, and the top layer for play tokens.
Images & Maps :: Set independent measure scale to maps: Different map should be able to have different measure scale. Combat maps have meters/inches, but travalling maps can have kilometers and spacemaps can have lightyears etc.

Draeus
December 6th, 2012, 21:40
I have a game on Saturday that has intensive dungeon delving so I will test it out then and get back to you.

Trenloe
December 6th, 2012, 23:14
I have a game on Saturday that has intensive dungeon delving so I will test it out then and get back to you.
A few things to keep in mind with the layers are:

Masking only works on the bottom layer - and you need to be "in" that layer to do it.
Apply any grid to the top layer so that players can see it and interact with it and top layer tokens snap to the grid. The grid will show up on the middle layer but not the bottom layer.
Add PC and NPC tokens to the top layers so players can move their tokens and target other tokens.
Players can only interact with the top layer. This is exactly as designed - players can see the underlying layers but can't interact with tokens on those layers.

It's a great piece of functionality that I use all the time - just remember to keep checking which layer you're in as you're doing stuff.

Draeus
December 7th, 2012, 00:22
Cheers for the advice, been testing away with my working mod. All seems good so far. Didn't know about the mask so thx for that. And did wonder about the grid :) glad that is cleared up :).

Dungeon tiles all re-scaled for sw and mods made so I don't have a ton of tokens. :) lets see how they do.

Good work so far ikael!

Draeus
December 7th, 2012, 00:27
could I request the calender extension that is used in d20, be added the list?

Ikael
December 7th, 2012, 16:18
could I request the calender extension that is used in d20, be added the list?
That's doable I believe, and easier to implement since it's totally new feature. I added this to my list and will give quick overview during weekend how it's implemented in 4E

Draeus
December 7th, 2012, 23:18
awesome stuff!

So far the multi-layered images works well. It will get a full blown test tomorrow during a game. Fingers crossed.

Ikael
December 8th, 2012, 13:29
SWFI v062 is here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3360&stc=1&d=1354972002). This update brings Calendar features from 4E ruleset into SW. This is 90% pure copy-paste from 4E ruleset so it should work the very same way in both rulesets. I have also included few example calendar system (Gregorian calendar and Cyradon setting calendar) to use with this tool. You can download the calendar system module (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3361&stc=1&d=1354972002) from this thread, see attachments on the first post.

Utilities :: Calendar and time: 4E ruleset calendar feature was implemented. Different calendar systems can be defined as modules.

Draeus
December 8th, 2012, 13:40
Omg! Ikael.. You are the virtual tabletop answer to Santa!

Draeus
December 9th, 2012, 00:46
ok tested.. Going to give it another test on Monday with Monday gang.

Was having problems with tokens showing to players which has never been an issue before. It seemed that putting tokens on top of images, resulted in players not able to see tokens. But... This was not all the time and different players at different times. Currently putting it down to lag etc. Because once we used a token tiles as maps everything was fine.

Also just before we moved onto token tiles. We discovered if players closed the shared map and reopened it they could see the tokens. Very strange and going to give it another go on Monday this time with 8 players.

Second thing..

languages box has disapeared.

not tested the calendar yet will do that later during week when I great a mod for the game worlds.

Will report back after Mondays game with an update re-Images as i believe could be my internet connection and me being over eager with all the tokens :).

Great work so far! Once we got going with the dungeon everything seemed great and the players were loving it!

Ikael
December 9th, 2012, 13:26
ok tested.. Going to give it another test on Monday with Monday gang.

Was having problems with tokens showing to players which has never been an issue before. It seemed that putting tokens on top of images, resulted in players not able to see tokens. But... This was not all the time and different players at different times. Currently putting it down to lag etc. Because once we used a token tiles as maps everything was fine.

Also just before we moved onto token tiles. We discovered if players closed the shared map and reopened it they could see the tokens. Very strange and going to give it another go on Monday this time with 8 players.

Thanks for the testing and feedback! I haven't been able to reproduce similar situation and I don't know how FG does the magic behind the scene so I cannot give answer why this is happening. I will continue trying to reproduce this with my friends. One quick idea on fixing this on run would trying re-sharing images whenever such situation occurs, but it's just care quess.

Second thing..

languages box has disapeared.

Have you remember to enable languages in preferenes :)? Preference values have changed during SWFI development. Previously they were "Yes" and "No" values, but I changed them to "On" and "Off" to make them more consistent with other preferences. This change has effected your previous preference settings, so re-setting them would fix it. In addition, I have updated languages feature not to show at all if it's disabled, when you set "Allow languages" preference to "On" you will get languages features back in use.

Will report back after Mondays game with an update re-Images as i believe could be my internet connection and me being over eager with all the tokens :). Great work so far! Once we got going with the dungeon everything seemed great and the players were loving it!

Thanks very much for testing and glad to hear that extension has proven to be useful :D

Draeus
December 9th, 2012, 14:18
Ok, Languages fixed.. thx for that .. I had to turn it off and back on again to get it to show.

I think we had troubles due to lag.. but we will see tomorrow :)

Draeus
December 11th, 2012, 15:42
Ok, Calender is working fine as far as I can see. .. Is it possible to have a GM only entry?

The token problem I was getting happened again.

This time I had 8 players in the game. but only 1 could not see the tokens.

What I have done is created a black background Image opened that image up and then placed tokens and furnishings down on it.

I have not tried to just use a standard NEW IMAGE selection and just place the tokens in there.

I'm waiting for the player to come back online in our online RPG TS community then I can get him to do some tests. I want to see if he is able to see the tokens on a blank new image rather then me placing them over a imported image.

Will get back to you regarding this.

Apart from this so far so good!

Another topic.. When do tokens upload to clients? When they are connecting or once you share map?

Griogre
December 12th, 2012, 00:42
I'd double check you player updated to 2.9.2, I had one that didn't on Sunday and he was getting errors and disconnects but that just may have been his connection.

It depends on the token upload. If the tokens are in tokens\shared then they get them when they first connect to the server and they are then cached on the client. If the tokens are in tokens\host, in a folder in the campaign folder or in a module then they get them when they are actually shared with the image.

Draeus
December 12th, 2012, 01:03
The tokens are spread amongst campaign and tokens/host. I will check with that player to ensure he has updated. Was wired the others could all see the tokens and he couldn't. He hadn't had trouble in the past. Will post an update.

Draeus
December 12th, 2012, 17:30
Ok, The player was running version 2.9.0, *shakes head in shame* He has been sent to a roleplayers correction facility and all seems to be working at present. :)

Griogre
December 12th, 2012, 18:48
Man, I know the feeling.

Player: "I'm getting errors."
Me: "Did you update?"
Player: "Uh, no - I heard there were problems with the update..."
Me: "You didn't get the e-mail where I told you to?"
Player: "Well, yeah but I heard there were problems..."
Me: "*sigh* We've been playing for an hours and your the only one with problems, everyone else updated..."

I so wish Smiteworks would stop dissimilar versions from connecting. It wastes soooo much time trying to figure out if the problem is because someone didn't update. :(

Draeus
December 13th, 2012, 00:03
Ok, just finished another game, group had no probelms with tokens. All seems to be working fine. Good work ikael

heyhogan
December 14th, 2012, 13:43
I am assuming that one can delete old extensions (.59) if we are happy with how new ones (.61) work. They are not cumulative or dependant on one another, are they?

Ikael
December 14th, 2012, 15:43
Ok, just finished another game, group had no probelms with tokens. All seems to be working fine. Good work ikael

Glad to hear that update resolved the issue :) I was driving myself crazy trying to reproduce this issue, but I always had the latest version in use :P

I am assuming that one can delete old extensions (.59) if we are happy with how new ones (.61) work. They are not cumulative or dependant on one another, are they?
Different versions are not dependent on each other so if you find that latest version is good for your needs feel free to delete all the older versions. Note that because this extension is developed on rapid rate it's possible that new version might broke something and that's why I have left at least two previous version available. So if you find an issue, first of all you should report it here, and then can return to use older version which worked previously.

Ikael
December 14th, 2012, 18:12
Ok, Calender is working fine as far as I can see. .. Is it possible to have a GM only entry?

This is one thing I am planning on doing. My initial idea is that GM should be able to define any entry is GM-only and later disable that.

Ikael
December 14th, 2012, 18:24
Other Savage Worlds commercial extension developers: I have had requests from several sources about how compatible this extension is with other commercial products and (unlike previously) I would like to help increasing compatibility with them. At this stage I would love to do some generic research on what functionality other commercial extension extend/adjust. I don't own any of commercial SW producuts that contains extensions and I know I cannot get my hands on their code base because of it, but _if_ and only _if_ it would not be too much to ask I would love to know which windowclasses and global scripts (just names) are being updated by other commercial extension. This would help me to define some ground on incompatibility issues (at this point). One another question, do you use extension's loadorder tag to define in which order the extension is being loaded?

meathome
December 15th, 2012, 17:51
Hi one of my players is having token/ layer issues also, I walked him trough reinstalling FG and updating it to the latest version. It didn't change anything. He can only see thing I put on the background layer nothing else, and strangely he can modify the layer, he can move rotate and rescale tokens on this layer, but he sees nothing that's put on the layers above it. I only tested with one other of my players with everything works as it should, but only if its a preexisting image. With FG created drawings he has the same problem. Another question I have the the adventure card extension is there an easy way to add a second deck from witch i could draw cards(possibly not, but maybe i can simply duplicate the scripts? ) ?

Griogre
December 15th, 2012, 19:32
Meathome, there's a comment in the 3.5/Pathfinder list of extensions thread about some problem with the layers extension targeting being broken by FG 2.9.2. that may be related to your layers problem.

Ikael
January 1st, 2013, 21:48
New my years's gift: SWIFI v0.63 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3543&stc=1&d=1357074891). This update focused much on library-related improvements but it also contains several minor bug fixes.

Library supports now filtering with two options: free keyword search and dropdown selection. For example edges list can be filtered to display only Novice ranked edges, and skills list can be filtered to list only Smarts linked skills etc. The free keyword search will try to match the keyword to entry's name and to its content and it's case-insensitive.

Each library entry also has samall button on left bottom corner and when you click it, it will append short description about each library entry to you (see attached images).

Library :: Short descriptions: Functionality added to library entry listing which will displayshort description about the entry below it. In each entry list, there is new button in the left bottom corner which will show and hide these short descriptions.
Library :: Filtering: Filtering functionality added to library entry listing. For all cases you can type free keyword which will show entries if keyword is foundfrom entry's name or from its description. Another option is to use list type specific dropdown filtering. Currently three list specific filtering is supported: For NPCentries you can specify to display only wild cards or all, for Edges you can filteredges by their Rank (novice, seasoned etc.) and for Skills you can filter them by their linked attribute.
Template :: Filtering template update: Existing filtering template updated so that it can support library entry filtering. The current was that filtering template had functionparameter named the same as the windowlist itself (index). In addition the filter control will automatically pass the filtering keyword to target windowlist if it implements function 'setFilterKeyword(string)'.

Ikael
January 1st, 2013, 22:02
Hi one of my players is having token/ layer issues also, I walked him trough reinstalling FG and updating it to the latest version. It didn't change anything. He can only see thing I put on the background layer nothing else, and strangely he can modify the layer, he can move rotate and rescale tokens on this layer, but he sees nothing that's put on the layers above it. I only tested with one other of my players with everything works as it should, but only if its a preexisting image. With FG created drawings he has the same problem.

Its recommend to always use images since empty images lack some features in FG and some features are not working correctly. I don't think that I could do much about it but I can second that there are some issues when using empty images/drawings only.

Another question I have the the adventure card extension is there an easy way to add a second deck from witch i could draw cards(possibly not, but maybe i can simply duplicate the scripts? ) ? Sorry, I don't know a thing about the extension, you might want to try asking about it from other threads since the deck extension doesn't relate to SWFI at all.

Ikael
January 4th, 2013, 17:11
Up you go! SWIFI v0.64 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3560&stc=1&d=1357317954https://) is here. This quick update adds one new utility: character summary and updates some filtering options and fixes combat exporting.

GM can open Character summary tool from GM tools and s/he can drag and drop any PC or NPC into it. The tool will automatically calcualte how many point character has used for attributes and skills (taking notice on the linked attribute), how many edges and hindrances s/he has. This tool is not perfect but it will give you nice quick preview of char point usage. Players can open this tool by clicking new button next to their rank on character sheet. See the attachment.

Filtering updates includes new dropdown filter: Hindrances can be filtered by their type (Minor or Major).

Utilities :: Character summary: New utility was implemented to calculate character used attribute, skill and experience points. Players can open this tool from clicking new button next to their rank on their character sheet's main tab. GM can open this from GM tools.
Bug fix :: Exporting and activating combat with tokens assigned to image throws error because image reference is not linked to modulename. In addition combat has some tokens are assigned to non-bottom layer, error is thrown on comba activation.

milspec
January 5th, 2013, 01:56
Hi,

I have an issue with image sizing. The extension allows me to re-size image boxes, which is great. However, they open in a different size or aspect ratio than the original file, often larger than the original image. This means I have to re-size the window smaller, scroll zoom in to shrink the image, then re-size the window again to fix the aspect ratio.

When I turn the extension off the images open normally in the same size as the original file.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to reset it so the images open in the original file size?

Thanks,

milspec

Draeus
January 5th, 2013, 11:52
thx for the latest updates ikael! Our gaming community are starting back up next week. Will let the gms know about thus update and we will test away!

Keep up the good work!

Ikael
January 7th, 2013, 21:32
thx for the latest updates ikael! Our gaming community are starting back up next week. Will let the gms know about thus update and we will test away!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the support, and here is another quick update: SWFI v0.65 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3577&stc=1&d=1357592729). This update focuses on adding some dice rolling improvements and capability to add sub-entries for PC weapons and trappings (see attached screenshots). With the die roll improvement you can make automatic fire roll using following steps: Start dragging from your weapon's icon (which is on the left side of weapon entry) and click right mouse button few additional times to get extra dices into your dragging. For example to get ROF 3 dices start dragging and right click two times to get total of 3 trait dices. Then roll'em and let the chat state your roll results. On double 1's you get the critical error notification and when wild die replaces your natural one you get the regular notification regarding that.

Die :: Multiple die rolls: When rolling multiple dices with a wild die, wild die will automatically replace the lowest roll. In case of natural one or critical failures, those will be notified for the users.
Die :: Damage roll slashcommand: New slashcommand was added: /dmg. This workthe same way as /die slashcommand, but it will make damage roll which can ace andit will use damage bonus if any exist.
PC sheet :: Weapon and Trapping sub-entries: Each weapon and trapping can now have sub-entries which will be rendered below the main entry. These sub-entries are useful for keeping track of different variation of given weapon and power. For example Bolt power could have one sub-entry the "big bad bolt", and it has it's own 3d6 damage,or alternatively if you have few special arrows you could make them sub-entriesunder your bow. To create sub-entry, right click on existing entry and select new option: "create sub-item".

Enjoy!

Ikael
January 7th, 2013, 21:38
Hi,

I have an issue with image sizing. The extension allows me to re-size image boxes, which is great. However, they open in a different size or aspect ratio than the original file, often larger than the original image. This means I have to re-size the window smaller, scroll zoom in to shrink the image, then re-size the window again to fix the aspect ratio.

When I turn the extension off the images open normally in the same size as the original file.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to reset it so the images open in the original file size?

Thanks,

milspec

I have also encountered this issue, but I don't know what's causing it. I was thinking to wait for DrZeuss' update on the original extension, maybe it will fix it

Ikael
January 8th, 2013, 17:21
I have also encountered this issue, but I don't know what's causing it. I was thinking to wait for DrZeuss' update on the original extension, maybe it will fix it

I was too lazy to look at code... Now that I checked it out I could easily fix this aspect ration issue and I also added new menu options for images: "Re-size back to original" and "Re-size to 700x700". This fix will be on the next release.

Draeus
January 8th, 2013, 18:35
Omg that update is pretty awesome. Ok will now update to .65 .. .64seems to work so far :)

Trenloe
January 9th, 2013, 04:57
I was too lazy to look at code... Now that I checked it out I could easily fix this aspect ration issue and I also added new menu options for images: "Re-size back to original" and "Re-size to 700x700". This fix will be on the next release.
Hey Ikael, what's the fix so I can look at putting it in the 3.5E version of the enhanced images extension? If you don't mind... please. :)

Ikael
January 9th, 2013, 15:18
This might be really ugly hack, but seems to fix the problem, however I am not sure if it will cause some side effects. Any additional playtesting with this solution would be approciated.

Basically the main idea is the set all imagecontrol's default drawingsize value to small as possible (to 1px x 1px)

<default>
<snap>on</snap>
<drawingsize>1,1</drawingsize>
</default>

I am not 100% sure about the issues, but here is my assumption: The issues was before that default drawingsize was set to 500x500, so in three-layer case if you had an image it would use it's own size as base and the two additional layers would be always using this 500x500 because they don't have image associate to them. This makes the aspect ration go wrong. You have image that's forced to go to 500x500 size. If however the image would be bigger than 500x500, then it would look ok because it exceeds the drawing size, and drawing sizes on other imagecontrols would follow up the image size.

To add some additional love for drawing-only images, I added this piece of code into the very beginning of onInit function in imagewindow.lua

-- check that image has real size
local px, py = play_image.getImageSize()
local ix, iy = image.getImageSize()
local minsize = 1

-- in case there is no base image, setup the drawing image
if px == minsize and py == minsize and
ix == minsize and iy == minsize then
local defsize = 500

-- set drawing size
image.setDrawingSize(defsize,defsize,0,0)
features_image.setDrawingSize(defsize,defsize,0,0)
play_image.setDrawingSize(defsize,defsize,0,0)

-- set window size
setSize(defsize,defsize)

-- set zoom
image.setViewpoint(0,0,0)
features_image.setViewpoint(0,0,0)
play_image.setViewpoint(0,0,0)
end

Could people double-check this solution?

Ikael
January 10th, 2013, 23:26
Here is beta version of incomming SWIFI v0.66. This extension version is still being developed and thus cannot guarantee that it would work as-is yet, however I like to share this as sneak-peak.

This version will provide following features:

Three-layer images aspect ration is fixed. In addition images have new menu options: Re-size to either 500x500 pixes or to original size.
GM can create new custom entries for library weapons, armors, vehicles etc. You can use this feature to either create totally new entry or copy any existing entry. This feature can be used at least for following tables in SW Deluxe Player's Guides: Hand Weapons, Armor, Ranged Weapons, Vehicle Mounted & AT Guns, Special Weapons, Vehicles, Artcraft & Watercrafts. After entry is created it work the same way as any other library entries, so you can drag and drop them into charsheets etc. In addition you can export them into module and use them in any other campaign the same way other custom entry exports work in this extension. To create new right click on table and select "create new". To make copy of existing entry right click and select "copy entry".

I am planning on replicating this custom library creation feature for Powers as well. Can anyone point out other library places where it would be useuful to have this feature?

EDIT: Attached extension removed because it graduated to stabile version

Trenloe
January 10th, 2013, 23:56
This might be really ugly hack, but seems to fix the problem, however I am not sure if it will cause some side effects. Any additional playtesting with this solution would be approciated.

Basically the main idea is the set all imagecontrol's default drawingsize value to small as possible (to 1px x 1px)

<default>
<snap>on</snap>
<drawingsize>1,1</drawingsize>
</default>

Unfortunately, doing this for the 3 imagecontrols of the layer extension in the 3.5E ruleset results in the initial window shared being the usual size, but only displaying 1 pixel of the image. I'll have to look at it a bit more and see what can be done...

Thanks for the info though - it will point me in the right direction...

Ikael
January 11th, 2013, 18:49
Unfortunately, doing this for the 3 imagecontrols of the layer extension in the 3.5E ruleset results in the initial window shared being the usual size, but only displaying 1 pixel of the image. I'll have to look at it a bit more and see what can be done...

Thanks for the info though - it will point me in the right direction...

Could you send me the extension you made? I would recommend adding the small flavor script also mentioned. I would love to take a look on how this solutions acts in "different" ruleset/solution and probably find some differences/things that I haven't found yet. In the SW set the solutions seems to work very well.

Trenloe
January 11th, 2013, 18:58
Could you send me the extension you made? I would recommend adding the small flavor script also mentioned. I would love to take a look on how this solutions acts in "different" ruleset/solution and probably find some differences/things that I haven't found yet. In the SW set the solutions seems to work very well.
It's pretty much a direct port of Dr Zeuss's 4E extension. The 3.5E version is available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15647

Draeus
January 12th, 2013, 16:23
.66 beta downloaded will get my crew testing this :)

Ikael
January 14th, 2013, 23:46
New beta version of SWFI v0.66 extension is now here. This version contains small rollback with enhanced images features because there is one major issues which blocks the whole image sharing with clients. I have also 90% finnished Custom Entry feature where you can create and edit custom library entries for skills, edges, hindrances, gear, powers, you name it. There is also new feature for GM to make any entry unavailable for player. This can be done by right clicking on any entry and selecting "Toggle item availability". When item/entry is marked as unavailable it will have either graytext or strikethrough line to note GM that it's not available anymore. In addition players cannot see unavailable entries until GM makes them available again. This is handly to make lightsaber weapon unavailable in mid-fantasy setting :)

One another proof of concept I have had in my mind is SW Module Builder. The first draft version is implemented into this extension. Module Builder allows GM to create his own modules from the scratch using FG application. In library selection there is new implicite book: "Custom module" where GM can add any number of text and/or list entries. To create your own module content, select the "Custom module" book and right click on the right column, you should have new menu option: "Create new". As a submenu there "Create text entry..." and "Create list entry...", with text entry you can create very simple textwindow that contains text. With list entry you can select to create either skill list, edge list, hindrance list or generic textlist. You have full control of setting up their content thereafter.

...and if you might be asking, yes you can export that custom module you just created and use its content in any other SW game.

This extension is still under heavy development so don't expect everything to work out of the box.

EDIT: attached extension removed because it graduated to stabile version

Ikael
January 15th, 2013, 22:37
SWFI v0.66 just graduated! The stabile version can be downloaded from here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3638&stc=1&d=1358354516). This new version focused again on Library features and here is the list of updates:

Library :: Create new gear to libary: Host can now dynamically add new gear to existing modules. This feature works the same way as above.
Library :: Create new powers to libary: Host can now dynamically add new powers to existing modules. This feature works the same way as above.
Library :: Unavailable entries: Host has option to mark any library entry or
category as "unavailable for players". Entries which are unavailable are not displayed for players anymore and host will see a thrikethrough line over the entry. To do this, right clikc on entry and select "Toggle item availability".
Library :: Module builder: Host has now option to create exportable module/library book using FGII application. To create your own book go to library window and click click on left column and select "Create Book". After book is created host can give a name and category for it and create any number of pages into it. To create a page, select your book and right click on right side of the window and select "Create Page". Following page types are currently supported but many others will appear in the future: "Text entry", "Skill list", "Edges list", "Hindrances list", "Text entrylist".
Images & Maps :: Aspect ration: Image's aspect ration went bad if image is smaller than 500 x 500 pixels. This is now fixed and image display with correct aspect ration. In addition new menu options were added to images: "Re-size to original" and "Re-size to 500x500".
Bug fix :: When module was opened two entries could appear in library window. Now the duplicate entry is hidden automatically.

So basically now you can create custom library entries for almost anything that you would use in your game. And the "mark as unavailable" is also useful in games where you use core rulebook but don't want players to think getting lightsabers or arcana edges etc. But what I am more excited about is the module builder. It really speeds up custom rulemodule creation and exported version is very close by (in sense of structure) to work as real FG rule/setting modules, so I could create new setting using this tool, export it and with small work make is regular module. No more need to play with XML and XML, and XML, just copypaste and wysiwyg editoring in FG :)

In addition the Enhanced Images aspect ration problem seemd to get resolved with small code which would force image to become its original size whenever host open the image.

And on bug fixes, at last there won't be duplicate module books displayed in library, this was super small issues, but involved small fix also :)

EDIT: SWFI link update, because last version had few old files in it. Now it contains all updated files

Ikael
January 17th, 2013, 16:11
I hope my head can give me small break after this one: SWFI v0.67 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3642&stc=1&d=1358438567). Main reason why so quick new version release is because of few important features and improvements was forgotten from v0.66. In addition I updated modulebuilder slightly, read the update list:

Library :: Gear and Power groups: Host can now create own gear and power groups. To create a group, right click on list and select "create group" option. Host can thereafter rename the group and use it as any other existing group. Note that after you have included an item into your custom group, you cannot rename that group thereafter so make sure that you rename your curom group before adding items there!
Library :: Improved sorting: Gear and power list sorting was improved so that unavailable items are always on the bottom of the list. This will clean up the available list a lot!
Library :: Module builder: Exporting own created books are now compatible in SW ruleset without using SWFI extension! How cool is that? -- If you don't use this extension for you game because its not compatible with other commerical products you can still use this extension to create and build your own rule/setting modules for any games! Just open new campaign using this extension, create your book, export it and you can use that exported module in your main game without using this extension.

EDIT: added sample exported module to attachments. This module was created and build using the module builder and it's usable in SW ruleset without using SWFI extension.

EDIT: Attachment removed

meathome
January 19th, 2013, 08:11
You have done really outstanding work. Your extension keeps getting better and better. the ability to create all the things one can need in the library inside fg without having to use notepad++ and getting lost among loads of reference id-s should be part of fg basic functionality.
Sadly I seem to have problems again (the thing with images seems to have resolved itself). After creating a custom power group and adding some powers everything works as expected. But after exiting and restarting fg the powers that are in custom groups disappeared. I looked into the db.xml, and all the custom powers are there seem to correctly reference the group they should be in. I don't see why the powers are not visible anymore.
I cleared the whole customreference section in the db and started with a single power in a single custom group. As long as I don't shutdown fg everything works, but as soon as i reloaded the campaign the power disappears. In the same way as before its there in the xml file and I have no idea why it should be invisible.
Maybe its something on my end, because I seem prone to all kinds of weird glitches...
I dont know if it matters but I also use the Adventure cards extension.

Ikael
January 19th, 2013, 10:53
You have done really outstanding work. Your extension keeps getting better and better. the ability to create all the things one can need in the library inside fg without having to use notepad++ and getting lost among loads of reference id-s should be part of fg basic functionality.

Thanks and I totally agree with you, this kinda functionality should be basic functionality of rulesets.

Sadly I seem to have problems again (the thing with images seems to have resolved itself). After creating a custom power group and adding some powers everything works as expected. But after exiting and restarting fg the powers that are in custom groups disappeared. I looked into the db.xml, and all the custom powers are there seem to correctly reference the group they should be in. I don't see why the powers are not visible anymore.
I cleared the whole customreference section in the db and started with a single power in a single custom group. As long as I don't shutdown fg everything works, but as soon as i reloaded the campaign the power disappears. In the same way as before its there in the xml file and I have no idea why it should be invisible.
Maybe its something on my end, because I seem prone to all kinds of weird glitches...
I dont know if it matters but I also use the Adventure cards extension.

You have done nothing wrong there, instead you just found a bug that I totally missed! The issues was the I had set the node as static so after your FG reboot your value was reverted back into original and thus it was not displayed in the lsit anymore. Now it's fixed, just re-download the extension from the first post or directly from here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3651&d=1358592099). Thanks for pointing out this issue! I really approciate all these bug reports since I have only two eyes :)

Draeus
January 19th, 2013, 13:25
We have had a strange script error get thrown up when people use the afk option.
This started with .66 have not been able to get on and report it earlier. Got another game tonight, and am going to install .67 and see if it still happens.

The error has happened in both my Supers and Fantasy game so far.

Ikael
January 19th, 2013, 14:47
We have had a strange script error get thrown up when people use the afk option.
This started with .66 have not been able to get on and report it earlier. Got another game tonight, and am going to install .67 and see if it still happens.

The error has happened in both my Supers and Fantasy game so far.
Ok, I have encountered this issue as well during my gaming, but since it's not significant error, nor will it appear many times in gaming session I have forgotten about this. Thanks for bringing this back on table, I will take a look on this

meathome
January 21st, 2013, 11:13
How can I modify the order my custom groups are displayed in? It seems kin of random atm. Its not related to the groups id in the db nor tho the name. What does determine the order? I'd have no problem editing the db manually, I just don't know how to force a certain display order.

Also it would be nice to have the option to create power lists and gear lists in a custom book and to be able to somehow copy entries from one place to the other (like from the normal book to the custom book, or from category to category) But this can be done by copy pasting xml for now.

S Ferguson
January 21st, 2013, 15:02
I believe you take the child node of what you want to sort, put it in a table and apply the table.sort operator on it. Kinda off topic though....;)

Ikael
January 21st, 2013, 15:24
How can I modify the order my custom groups are displayed in? It seems kin of random atm. Its not related to the groups id in the db nor tho the name. What does determine the order? I'd have no problem editing the db manually, I just don't know how to force a certain display order.

I quess you're refering to power list sorting? -- You're correct that it seems to be random atm, and yes it's you just made me realize that I forgot the add "sort by name" step there :) I will be adding it. But yeah, it will be sorted by predefined rules and you cannot affect it yourself. Gear list will be sorted by the group's name (with special rule where unavailable groups are always on bottom). In powers the sorting has three steps: First based on the mysterious "level" field which is set automatically (to make sure the order is Novice-Seasoned-Veteran etc... then your custom groups), then they are sub-sorted by name (not implemented yet), and then make sure that unavailable groups are the last.

Also it would be nice to have the option to create power lists and gear lists in a custom book and to be able to somehow copy entries from one place to the other (like from the normal book to the custom book, or from category to category) But this can be done by copy pasting xml for now.

These are planned as well. I have already implemented the "add gears to your custom book", and will implement the "power adding" soon. Copying is also planned and there is actually one special proof of concept that it's possible in the current implementation (but it's far from being complete). You can try out to open any existing module, for example SW Deluxe Player guide and drag the "Skill List" from there and drop it on your custom book on the left side. Magic. But like I said it's far from being finished.

But just remember, if you happen to copy anything from commercial product into your custom book, you cannot share it with others anymore! Its only for your personal use thereafter.

Ikael
January 21st, 2013, 22:13
Here's the first still under development version of SWFI v0.68 (including new version of sample Lorem Ipsum module). Thus far I have added support to create power- and gearlists to own created books. In addition thanks to meathome's question about sorting I decided to add small feature where host can affect on how lists are sorted. Currently there are three options: Sort by default (which uses the current predefined logic), sort by name (which will sort all entries by their name), sort by node (which will sort entries by their databasenode name). One major issue currently is that Gear and powerlists are _not_ compatible with SW ruleset without using this extension, since the datastructure is different from other lists. Note sure if it would be easy to make those compatible and I won't be focusing much on it, instead I am planning to extract all the module builder and library customization features into own extension since they cover one big but still separated set of features compared to original SWFI's idea. When? No idea at this moment.

EDIT: attachments removed

Ikael
January 23rd, 2013, 22:06
Here's the second development version of SWFI v0.68, which is still under development. I believe I have found a way to make custom created, and exported Gear entries compatible with SW ruleset without using the SWFI extension. Next I am giving small check if doing the same for powers would be "that" easy.

EDIT: Attachments removed

Ikael
January 26th, 2013, 10:22
While v0.68 is still under development I have been thinking of next version's scope and it will be the inventory. I had small PM exchange with phantomwhale and since inventory is not yet scoped into core SW updates I am glad to give it some love.

Here I have listed some improvement ideas regarding inventory and I would love to have some comments/feedback regarding these. And of course, additional ideas are always welcome!!

Base improvement ideas:

Each item has referencewindow which would open the given item description if it exists
Items can be dragged-and-dropped into inventory list, and their data will be automatically populated according to dragdata
Each item should have COUNT how many of such items there is, this will affect total weight
Improvements for item's location: Items that has location of another item's name will be arranged below the "container item". For exmple if you have Backbag, Rope and Nails, you can define Rope's and Nail's location as Backbag and they will be rendered below the backbag item.
Carried weight, weight limit and encumbrance should be displayed differently, so that people can more easily see how much a person can carry and what penalties will be applied in each case

Nice to have, but not compulsory, however doable improvements:

Exchange/Give items between players: Players should be able to give away item from their inventory to other players. This can be done by dragging an item from their inventory and dropping it to another player's portrait. This will remove the item from source player and add it to target player's inventory.
Shop tool: A new tool where any player/GM can drag-and-drop items and it will count the total weight and cost for them. Thereafter player could drag-and-drop the shopping cart's content into inventory with single dragging action and it would add all items in the cart to the list.
Weapon/Armor tabsheet refactoring: I am also thinking that maybe main tab's weapons and armor listing are in wrong place. I understand that there is reason for them being there, but here is improvmenet that I have been thinking: Inventory tab would be refactored to have tabsheet of Gear, Weapons, Armors. The Gear is the regular inventory list you have seen so far, and weapons and armor are the same list as in main tab, but with a twist. Main tab would be update to have following tabsheet: Attacks and Powers. Now the difference between weapons tab and Attacks tab is that weapons tab only contains gear weapons and they are displayed in attacks normally, but the Attacks list can also contain some additional entries, such as natural attacks and other maneuvers (they are not gear, they are skills and maneuvers). I don't know why Armor listing is in the maintab anyways, it's effect is anyways recorded into toughness box.

Ok, start shooting comments and feedbacks!

Draeus
January 26th, 2013, 12:22
These would.be an amazing improvement. Don't forget the minor afk bug! The inventory would be fantastic and much needed addition to the game. Also the re-jig would be good. Don't forget that armor and weapons on the tabs are factored into the encumbrance. what would be good is that it would calculate the penalties for any
encumbrance and your load limits automatically for you. But that's me being lazy :P

Keep up the great work ikael!

meathome
January 26th, 2013, 15:15
Could The export character button in the player list be slightly moved to the left, its at the same location as the adventure card quick button.

milspec
January 27th, 2013, 01:42

I am following up to say "Re-size to original" has fixed the issue with my image sizes, thanks very much.

:)

Ikael
January 29th, 2013, 21:26
Here it's finally, SWFI v0.68 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3682&stc=1&d=1359493032https://). This update brings only one new feature, but it's the biggest and bad-asses improvement so far on my honest opinion.

Library :: Library Module builder: Host has option to create exportable module/library book from scratch using FGII application. To create your own book go to library window and click click on left column and select "Create Book". After book is created host can give a name and category for it and create any number of pages into it. To create a page, select your book and right click on right side of the window and select "Create Page". Currently following page types are supported: List of... edges, hindrances, skills, powers, texts; Different text entry types such as normal, narrow, short, mini, wide and textlists; Any type of Gears. Host has also option to copy-paste any existing library entries from other library modules into custom created by dragging-and-dropping them. For example, host may create own book with skill list and drag-and-drop any skill from SWD Player's guide module into the custom created book. Copy-paste is supported for following types: Skills, Edges, Hindrances, Powers, Weapons, Armors, Vehicles. Entries can only be copy-pasted to its own typed lists, for example skills can be copy pasted to own skills lists, edges to edgelist, Armors to armor list etc. Another important feature in Module Builder is that exported version is compatible in core Savage Worlds ruleset without need to use this extension!

Almost any type of Savage Worlds library entry can be created using this builder (skills, edges, hindrances, powers, any type of gear etc). You can create these entries as custom entries to existing libraries, or you can create your very own rulebook module and create your entries there. And like I have mentioned before, exported own rulebook modules _are_ compatible with core SW ruleset without need to use this extension.

Please checkout the new version of SW-lorem-ipsum module, it's zip-file so you need to extract it's content into FGII Application Data's modules folder to use it. This new module version is created using the module builder tool and it works out-of-the-box in Savage Worlds ruleset without using SWFI extension.

Next, I will give some love to inventory...

Draeus
January 29th, 2013, 21:37
This is awesome work. Has been a great assett for our savage worlds Saturday club! Keep up the great work :)

Ikael
January 29th, 2013, 21:46
Don't forget the minor afk bug!
I did small thing about that and it might have been fixed because of it. Fixing it has been hard since reproducing the bug happens only sometimes. If you still see the error, please let me know. I might have to wait for two weeks until I can have another real gaming session to see that thing.

The inventory would be fantastic and much needed addition to the game. Also the re-jig would be good. Don't forget that armor and weapons on the tabs are factored into the encumbrance. what would be good is that it would calculate the penalties for any encumbrance and your load limits automatically for you. But that's me being lazy :P

I am also lazy when it comes this kinda math and so improved encumbrance calculation is already planned in. However the encumbrance penalties are not going to be auto-added to rolls.

Could The export character button in the player list be slightly moved to the left, its at the same location as the adventure card quick button.

I strongly believe that SWFI and Adventure Deck extensions are _not_ compatible with each other because of the way how extensions work. When both of the extensions affect the same piece of code only one can win and have affect there, other's changes are just ignored. I have sent requests to commercial extension developers if I could do some research how compatible this extension is with each of those, but haven't get any response.

The best way to make this extension compatible with other extensions is to update the core SW ruleset to contain this extension's features. Phantomwhale has been doing that, so you will have to wait for SW v3.4 if it might contain some compatibility fixes, but it really depends on many things so I cannot say for sure.

Ikael
February 1st, 2013, 21:50
Here are few screencapture of results from SWFI v0.69 development. What I have done so far, is that I have totally refactored the inventory tab-page to contain a tabsheet of Mundane, Weapon, Armor, Vehicles and Notes lists. Armor list was moved from the Main tab-page to here and Vehicles were moved from Notes tab-page (now there are plenty more room for allies and languages!).

Currently only in the mundane items, there is location column, but I wonder if it would be useful to have that for Weapons as well? The main purpose of having location for weapons would be in Exchange/Give item to another player feature: If player gives a "container" (say for example backbag which contains several other items) item to another player, all the content is also automatically transferred to another player. In this sense you might be putting some weapons to your container item and could easily give them to another player, without need to drag-and-drop them one-by-one. What's your opinion? -- Maybe location column would reserve way too much width and I haven't been able to put weapon notes there because of the width issue (they are displayed in Attack list in the main tab however).

Should there be some idicator in Armor listing that states which piece of armor given player is wearing at the moment? -- And if there would be one, should there also be location column for the rest??

Draeus
February 1st, 2013, 22:40
Ok, Tested this out Wednesday, all seems to be working fine as far as we can tell. Including the previous afk bug :) Great work. Will play around with the new features of the Library book tool and see if I come across any issues.

Ikael
February 4th, 2013, 21:31
The SWFI v0.69 is here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3747&stc=1&d=1360012916)! This version focused totally on improving character sheet inventory. This my vision how it could be done:

PC sheet :: Inventory refactory: The whole inventory tab-sheet was refactored. There are several inner tab-pages in inventory sheet: Mundane, Weapons, Armor, Vehicles and Notes. These tab-pages may contain given type of items in the list. Mundane list is the most accepting, you can drag and drop any type of item into there, for example GM's shared item. Mundane list also has one special column: Location, this can be used to arrange your mundane items so that items belonging to the same location are displayed underneath the "container item" containing them. Each item entry has few new columns: count and carried. Count mean how many instances of given item you have (this will affect to encumbrance). Carried is a checkbox which states wether given item should be included into encumbrance calculation or not. In addition encumbrance penalty is now calculated automatically.
PC sheet :: Weapon and Armor list refactory: Armor list was totally removed from main tab-page to inventory page. Weapon list has now two instances: Attacks in the main tab-page and Weapons in the inventory. Weapons list in inventory can contain any weapons that are gear/inventory items, while Attacks list contains everything: inventory weapons, natural attacks, subentries etc. Attack entry's type icon will have E letter on it if it's a equipment weapon, otherwise it's not something you carry along and won't affect your encumbrance. To switch if an attack is a equipment item or not, you can use the new menu option on the entry: "Mark as equipment" / "Mark as non-equipment". Special note: If attack is equipment item and it's not marked as "carried", it's not displayed in attacks! In addition to these, weapon and armor list was slightly re-arranged to save some space.
PC sheet :: Give items to other players: Players have options to give items from their inventory to other players. Any item (mundane, weapon, armor, vehicle) can be dragged from inventory and dropped to another player's portrait, this will move that given item to another player. If you want to give all instances (if the item's count is more than 1) of given item to another, hold CTRL down while starting the dragging. If the item given to another player is a container item (like a backbag) all of its content is moved to another player as well.
PC sheet :: Re-arranging item's count in inventory: Each inventory item has new menu option: "Split into two". This can be used whenever item has count more than one. This option will split given item into two separate entriesand splits the item's count evenly to both entries. If there are more than one entry of the same item in your inventory you can also group them together by dragging an item and dropping it on the another same item, this will concatenate item's count and remove unecessary duplicat entries automatically. If you hold CTRL while starting to drag you will drag all item instances at once.

In addition you can also create new type of Gear in your own book: Mundane Item. I decided to drop the Shop feature for now, since to get most benefit from it, there should be support for draggable mundane items in the core SW ruleset, but now everything is a static tables.

Enoy, I try to focus more on gaming itself for now, unless some neat ideas come up from any source...

Draeus
February 5th, 2013, 00:36
Fantastic work and you serve the break :) can't wait to implement this!

Doswelk
February 5th, 2013, 08:43
Nope! Hate it all! :p

ARGH! Once PW adds all this into 3.4/3.5 I'll have to re-write all the old modules to have drag and drop equipment lists.

I hate you right now!!!

Seriously very nice stuff, but stop creating more work for me! :p

Ikael
February 5th, 2013, 22:08
Seriously very nice stuff, but stop creating more work for me! :p

Sorry for giving you extra work, but maybe this could help you out:

I was doing simply regular code re-arranging of the finnished v0.69 SWFI and then felt it was not fun and wanted to do something else. I decided to give a try for one _very_ experimental idea: static table to itemlist converter. With this simple converter tool you can convert existing static mundane items table into drag-and-droppable mundane item list.

I just re-uploaded new version of the SWFI v0.69 which contains this tool. For you to give a try for this tool, re-download the extension from the first post or directly from here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3753&stc=1&d=1360179980).

I have tested this utility for following library entries:

SWD Player Guide's Mundane Items
SWD Player Guide's Ammunition
Fantasy Companion's Gear

The tool converts at least all the these content into drag-and-droppable mundanelist items which are ready-to-be used after the conversion. See the attached image for end results. Conversions can only be done to own created modules (how to create your own module, read previous posts about the module builder tool).

To use this tool, select library entry which contains static tabledata, hold CTRL down and drag-and-drop that entry to your own custom created book. BAM! Conversion is done as good as the tool could.

Please note that this tool is still very experimental and is far from being ready. The tool does its work as good as it has been taught so far.

I don't have any other SW commercial products which would contain more of these static table datas. If you fellow friends own any of these commercial procuts, I would love to hear how this converter tool work for converting their content into flexible lists.

PS: Doswelk, feel free to use the converted XML results in your upcomming work ;)

Doswelk
February 6th, 2013, 00:22
Right tested Mundane/Common items converted with all the modules I have:

Works

50 Fathoms
DLR
Horror Companion

Almost Works
Rippers - Converts but prices will need to be manually modified

Does not Work (basically as the gear tables are in different formats)
HOE - Work in progress
Hellfrost
Necropolis
Shaintar
Suzerian
Tour of Darkness - Not sure if this was ever released (do not know where I got my half-copy from)
Weird War II - (again not released unfinished version)

Hopefully this will help people who have some of the above.

Still a very nice tool

Ikael
February 6th, 2013, 15:50
Right tested Mundane/Common items converted with all the modules I have:

Works

50 Fathoms
DLR
Horror Companion

Almost Works
Rippers - Converts but prices will need to be manually modified

Does not Work (basically as the gear tables are in different formats)
HOE - Work in progress
Hellfrost
Necropolis
Shaintar
Suzerian
Tour of Darkness - Not sure if this was ever released (do not know where I got my half-copy from)
Weird War II - (again not released unfinished version)

Hopefully this will help people who have some of the above.

Still a very nice tool

That was quick, thanks Doswelk! :D So at the moment the experimental tool supports mundane item conversion for following commercial modules:

SWD Player Guide
Fantasy Companion
Horror Companion
50 Fanthoms
Deadland Reloaded
Necropolis

I could give short tryout to make support for other modules as well if I would know the xml format/structure they use. I don't need the whole data, just the base structure with few first items, for example this is enought to make the support (sample from SWD Player Guide):

<_06_mundane_items>
<listlink type="windowreference">
<class>sw_referencetextwide</class>
<recordname>tables.mundane_items</recordname>
</listlink>
<name type="string">Mundane Items</name>
</_06_mundane_items>
<mundane_items>
<name type="string">Mundane Items</name>
<text type="formattedtext">
<table>
<tr>
<td colspan="3"><b>Item</b></td>
<td><b>Cost*</b></td>
<td><b>Weight</b></td>
</tr>
<tr decoration="underline">
<td colspan="5"><b>Adventuring Gear</b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="3">**Backpack</td>
<td>50</td>
<td>2</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="3">**Bedroll (sleeping bag; winterized)</td>
<td>25</td>
<td>4</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="3">**Blanket</td>
<td>10</td>
<td>4</td>
</tr>

If sombody has needs for additional support, send me PM with small fragment of the xml structure and I will see what I can do.

EDIT: Necropolis added to list of compatible modules

Doswelk
February 6th, 2013, 16:13
Some of the others use SW_referenceInlineIndex, others look like they might work but do not have a short-cut button in the top-left to drag over (did not have a lot of time last night)

I'll have a dig around later, but other than trying to make sure that any tables I create in future use the format that works, I'll not be able to spend too much time on it.

(Do not want that to sound callous or uncaring, just have barely enough time as it is these days to try and finish Hell On Earth)

Doswelk
February 6th, 2013, 18:59
I think Necropolis does not work because it has no costs?

<i01>
<listlink type="windowreference">
<class>sw_referencetextwide</class>
<recordname>
tables.mundane_gear@Necropolis PG
</recordname>
</listlink>
<name type="string">Mundane Gear Table</name>
</i01>

<mundane_gear>
<name type="string">Generic Personal Equipment</name>
<text type="formattedtext">
<table>
<tr>
<td colspan="4"><b>Item</b></td>
<td colspan="7"><b>Weight</b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="11"><b>General Items</b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Bedroll</td>
<td colspan="7">3</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Binoculars</td>
<td colspan="7">2</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Electronic lockpicks</td>
<td colspan="7">1</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Entrenching tool</td>
<td colspan="7">2</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Fire extinguisher</td>
<td colspan="7">5</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Flares (4)</td>
<td colspan="7">1</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Flashlight</td>
<td colspan="7">3</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Handcuffs (10)</td>
<td colspan="7">1</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**ID Scanner</td>
<td colspan="7">2</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**ID tag</td>
<td colspan="7">--</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Remote detonator</td>
<td colspan="7">2</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Rope, nylon</td>
<td colspan="7">10</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Toolkit</td>
<td colspan="7">15</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Wire cutters</td>
<td colspan="7">2</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="11"><b>Medical Supplies</b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Field surgery kit</td>
<td colspan="7">20</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Medpac</td>
<td colspan="7">1</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Medikit</td>
<td colspan="7">8</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="11"><b>Clothing</b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Business suit</td>
<td colspan="7">2</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Cold weather clothing</td>
<td colspan="7">5</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Combat fatigues</td>
<td colspan="7">2</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Combat webbing</td>
<td colspan="7">1</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Dress uniform</td>
<td colspan="7">3</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Ghillie suit</td>
<td colspan="7">3</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="11"><b>Communication Gear</b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Backpack radio</td>
<td colspan="7">10</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Command center, mobile</td>
<td colspan="7">8</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Headset communicator</td>
<td colspan="7">1</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Satellite radio</td>
<td colspan="7">20</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Whistle</td>
<td colspan="7">--</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="11"><b>Rations</b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Canteen</td>
<td colspan="7">1</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Mess kit</td>
<td colspan="7">1</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**MRE (Meal Ready to Eat)</td>
<td colspan="7">1</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4">**Trail rations</td>
<td colspan="7">6</td>
</tr>
</table>
</text>
</mundane_gear>

Ikael
February 6th, 2013, 19:05
I think Necropolis does not work because it has no costs?

That's correct. The system expects to find some sort of cost column. In fact it expects to get at least three things: name (the first column), weight and cost. Weight and cost columns are being detected from the content, and if it doesn't find it it doesn't understand anything. I can attempt to make a more flexible approach for this.

Thanks for the source!

scionofnyarlathotep
February 6th, 2013, 19:33
I can't seem to download the latest update as the link is giving me the following error:

"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Ikael
February 6th, 2013, 19:48
I can't seem to download the latest update as the link is giving me the following error:

"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Strange, this direct link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3753&stc=1&d=1360179980) should work. Or at least it works for me.

Doswelk, Necropolis conversion issue just got squashed, see the attached image. You can have this change by re-downloading the extension from link above.

EDIT: scionofnyarlathotep, ah oh course, I have re-uploaded the extension so if you attempted to get it from one depricated link it doesn't exist anymore. Use the link I provided in this post

scionofnyarlathotep
February 6th, 2013, 20:50
Strange, this direct link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3753&stc=1&d=1360179980) should work. Or at least it works for me.

Doswelk, Necropolis conversion issue just got squashed, see the attached image. You can have this change by re-downloading the extension from link above.

EDIT: scionofnyarlathotep, ah oh course, I have re-uploaded the extension so if you attempted to get it from one depricated link it doesn't exist anymore. Use the link I provided in this post

Cheers, all good now!

S Ferguson
February 8th, 2013, 03:51
With all this work is anyone going to have room to build their own extensions? :D

Ikael
February 8th, 2013, 15:46
With all this work is anyone going to have room to build their own extensions? :D

There is no problem creating your own extension which would be compatible with this extension. FGII provides several ways how this can be achieved:

Extension dependencies
Extension load order

The idea is that your own extension is "extending" something already existing and setup that extensions are loaded in correct order to make them all have effect. Here is an example:

Ruleset: Savage Worlds v3.3
Extension: SWFI v0.69
Extension: Superhero NPCs

* SWFI extension would override some of the SW ruleset's code, so it's codebase is based on ruleset's code.
* Superhero NPCs extension would override some of the SWFI extension's code and so it's codebase is based on SWFI
* Superhero NPCs extension's developer has defined dependency that "Superhero NPCs" extension is dependent on SWFI extension and can only be used when SWFI is enabled.

Again, Extension will override something that already exists. You can set your codebase to another. If you like to change how NPC sheet looks like and want it to be SWFI compatible you will start using SWFI extension's NPC piece of code and change that in your own extension. And remember to state that your own extension will be loaded after SWFI so its changes are affecting!

In case of SWFI I would recommend using the Extension dependencies approach since there are lots of features in it that expect some special codebase.

I bet your comment bases on my message that states that "this extension might not be compatible with other commercial products". However like I mentioned above you can make these sort of extensions that acts as compatibility layer between different extensions. For example if I could get my hands on any commercial extension, say Adventure Deck, I could create simple compatibility layer extension which would make both extensions have their features in! Unfortunately I don't own any commercial extension (except Fantasy Theme) and thus I have no access to the codebase of those, and cannot make such extensions.

One another thing about this whole "not compatible with commercial extension" thing: This means that only some parts of the extension are not working, and those are the ones where the codebase clashes in two or more extensions. The extension that was loaded in as last one (when you start your campaign in FGII launcher) will provide the changes.

In SWFI I have defined to use the special loadorder tag with value of 10. I bet that no other extension uses this tag to define its load priority. This means that SWFI extension will definitely win all clashing issues. This is meant to be like it to easy developers to define how SWFI could be extended.

For example if you want to make your Adventure Deck extension have all features in use with SWFI, all you would need to do is to add <loadorder>100</loadorder> tag into the Adventure Deck's extension.xml. This would make sure that Adventure Deck extension is loaded always after SWFI and would have full effect in use. Below is SWFI's extension.xml content

<root version="2.9">
<properties>
<name>SWFI v0.69</name>
<version>0.69</version>
<author>Aki Heikkinen (Ikael)</author>
<description>Savage Worlds Feature improvements</description>
<ruleset>
<name>SavageWorlds3</name>
<minrelease>3.3</minrelease>
</ruleset>
<loadorder>10</loadorder>
<exclusiongroup>swfi</exclusiongroup>
</properties>
<base>

If you need more help in creating extensions that are compatible with SWFI extension, I would be glad to help. And if you would want any commercial extension be fully compatible with SWFI, you would need to buy the commercial extension for me as a gift so I could get my hands on the codebase :) But no, I cannot guarantee it, everything related to commercial products are case specific and requires checking if it's allowed with SmiteWorks!

S Ferguson
February 8th, 2013, 16:00
After that explanation I'll buy you an extension of your choice (when I pay off my credit card) :D.

Doswelk
February 9th, 2013, 14:51
So spent a useful afternoon converting all the Edges/Hindrances from Necropolis 2351-2355 update using the Book Entry tools (very nice by the way!)

I got as far as adding new Powers and it seems you can create lists and drag powers in, but I have not worked out how to create new powers to add to the list.

Is this possible or am I missing something?

S Ferguson
February 9th, 2013, 15:10
I just usually do the right click to manage and then add powers to the power list, but I don't know about dragging lists in. Mind you the SWFI changes so often with funky new functionality that it's hard to keep up. Ikael please <gasp> we're drowning ,glub. in the func <glub> tionality....

Ikael
February 9th, 2013, 15:33
So spent a useful afternoon converting all the Edges/Hindrances from Necropolis 2351-2355 update using the Book Entry tools (very nice by the way!)

I got as far as adding new Powers and it seems you can create lists and drag powers in, but I have not worked out how to create new powers to add to the list.

Is this possible or am I missing something?

Just like S Ferguson mentioned in the last post, you can add own powers to list by right clicking, and selecting "Manage", then "Create Power", but notice that each power must be created to belong to a group! So the right click -> Manage -> Create Power is only provided when you do that by hoving your cursor on top of any group or within that group. To create own group right click and select Manage -> Create Group. Remember to give a name to the group before you add any powers to it, because after a group has some content its name cannot be changed! (Unless editing the XML by hand).

I just usually do the right click to manage and then add powers to the power list, but I don't know about dragging lists in. Mind you the SWFI changes so often with funky new functionality that it's hard to keep up. Ikael please <gasp> we're drowning ,glub. in the func <glub> tionality....

Sorry, I cannot slow the speed since I need these features in my games also :) However you're right about that some more advanced documentation would be good idea, but I am lazy doing it :P

PS: Just to give some situation update, some small features that are under development and will got released shortly are:

Convert PC to NPC by dragging and dropping
Convert PC directly to be other player's Ally (in case of that character needs to be played as "Ally"/original player could not join in)
Improvements on "is PC wild card or not and what's his default wild die". Currently these are defined on player basis. If player is a wild card, all characters he plays are wild cards. I want this to be character specific like for NPCs...

S Ferguson
February 9th, 2013, 15:44
My god, your game must be a monstrous burden to maintain compared to us "Eye of Kilquato" folks! :p

Doswelk
February 9th, 2013, 16:11
Just like S Ferguson mentioned in the last post, you can add own powers to list by right clicking, and selecting "Manage", then "Create Power", but notice that each power must be created to belong to a group! So the right click -> Manage -> Create Power is only provided when you do that by hoving your cursor on top of any group or within that group. To create own group right click and select Manage -> Create Group. Remember to give a name to the group before you add any powers to it, because after a group has some content its name cannot be changed! (Unless editing the XML by hand).

:o Thanks... <wanders off thinking I could have sworn I checked all the posts on the thread> ;)

S Ferguson
February 9th, 2013, 17:03
I thought under SWD rules *all* characters are supposed to be Wild Cards. That's why they're allowed to spend "Bennies." ONly NPCs, such as recurring villains, scoundrels and rogues, are Wild Cards. Other NPCs are considered "extras" As for the wild die, it just mirrors the test you're rolling for, and take the better of the two.

What were your exact plans to do to this?

Ikael
February 9th, 2013, 17:16
I thought under SWD rules *all* characters are supposed to be Wild Cards. That's why they're allowed to spend "Bennies." ONly NPCs, such as recurring villains, scoundrels and rogues, are Wild Cards. Other NPCs are considered "extras" As for the wild die, it just mirrors the test you're rolling for, and take the better of the two.

What were your exact plans to do to this?

In some gritty/realistic settings PCs don't roll the wild die, but they have bennies and multiple wounds to give them some edge. In core SW ruleset players are can make choise of becoming non-wildcards by using the "Wild Die tool". I want to revise that tool so that being wild card or not is characters specific setup, not player specific.

S Ferguson
February 9th, 2013, 17:20
Wow. to think I missed that. Have to wander over to my library and check that out.... Weird how rules escape you on the 99th reading of the books.:D

Ikael
February 10th, 2013, 21:31
Back to the original topic, I am collecting improvement/feature ideas here for upcoming v0.70+ releases. Ido't have specific scope/target for this release so it will be mixiture of individual ideas. I would be glad to hear any additional ideas from you. Here are the current ones, that are being considered:

PC to NPC converter. DONE.
PC wild card and default wild die setup should be character specific, not player specific. GM should be able to manage them as well. DONE.
PC Attributes and Derived stats templates should be refactored to make the code readable and more easily editable. DONE.
Configuration manager utility for developers. This new manager implementation is used to register weapon and power types. It can also be used to unregister existing types or update them. After registration these values are used in all places and there is no more need to define the same values in many different places. DONE.
Attributes should be displayed in PC minisheet. DONE.
PC attacks & powers can be marked as favorite and they will be displayed in PC minisheet. DONE.
Encumbrance penalty should be displayed in PC minisheet, and it can be applied in use with simple click. DONE.
PC reference utility for host. I have such a hard time to read what are PC derived stats from combat tracker and I don't want to open all minisheets to clutter my display. That's why I want to implement one simple tool for doing that. It would speed up and smooth up the game definitely! DONE.
Shopcart utility: drag and drop any weapon, armor, or any other item to your shopping cart and it will display total cost, weight etc. From there you can add them all to your character by dragging and dropping shoppingcart into PC portrait.
Languages should come from modules. Host should be able to add them freely as currently. Languages should be exportable.
Allow host to create gmonly calendar events. These events can marked as shared for all laterwards.
Calendar events should be exportable
Host should be able to predefine additional derived and damage stats and they would be rendered automatically to PC & NPC sheet. Damage stats should be rendered to combat tracker as well. The purpose of this is to ease playing games with new stats, like Realms of Cthulhu.
Encounter power calculator. Sometime I would love to know if my planned encounter's difficulty. SWD provided simple math rules for doing that, but I want the math done automatically. Solution: New tool where you can drag n' drop PCs/NPCs and it will tell me total power according to the rules.
Template blocks. New feature where pre-made templates can be done to represent for example race, and it can be applied to any existing PC or NPC. For example you could create Vampire template and apply it to NPC
Apply Charisma modifier to rolls automatically
Apply Encumbrance penalty to rolls automatically
Chat Channel system implementation from Unicore ruleset

The attached extension is currently work on progress version and it will be updated to this post when new features get implement.

EDIT: Attachment was removed because stabile SWFI v0.70 for released

Draeus
February 12th, 2013, 23:50
A little random this one.

How about being able to label groups within stories, images, personalities etc. I know you can colour them etc, but I have found my self wanting to find a group by name. Its not important, just something that came to mind.

Trenloe
February 12th, 2013, 23:56
A little random this one.

How about being able to label groups within stories, images, personalities etc. I know you can colour them etc, but I have found my self wanting to find a group by name. Its not important, just something that came to mind.
Type a name in the chat window (don't press return) and drag the name to the specific tab in the list that you'd like to name. This will appear as a tooltip when you hover over the tab. Is this what you mean?

Draeus
February 13th, 2013, 00:02
Exactly what I meant! :) cheers. I used to be able to do it when I ran bro, but could not think how.

scionofnyarlathotep
February 13th, 2013, 20:37
Back to the original topic, I am collecting improvement/feature ideas here for upcoming v0.70+ releases. Ido't have specific scope/target for this release so it will be mixiture of individual ideas. I would be glad to hear any additional ideas from you. Here are the current ones, that are being considered:

PC to NPC converter
PC wild card and default wild die setup should be character specific, not player specific. GM should be able to manage them as well. DONE.
PC Attributes and Derived stats templates should be refactored to make the code readable and more easily editable. DONE. Hoping if these change could make to core SW ruleset just for sake of simplycity and easy use.
Configuration manager utility for developers. This new manager implementation is used to register weapon and power types. It can also be used to unregister existing types or update them. After registration these values are used in all places and there is no more need to define the same values in many different places. DONE. Hoping if these change could make to core SW ruleset just for sake of simplycity and easy use.
Shopcart utility: drag and drop any weapon, armor, or any other item to your shopping cart and it will display total cost, weight etc. From there you can add them all to your character by dragging and dropping shoppingcart into PC portrait.
Attributes should be displayed in PC minisheet.
PC attacks & powers can be marked as favorite and they will be displayed in PC minisheet.
Encumbrance penalty should be displayed in PC minisheet, and it can be applied in use with simple click.
Languages should come from modules. Host should be able to add them freely as currently. Languages should be exportable.
Allow host to create gmonly calendar events. These events can marked as shared for all laterwards.
Host should be able to predefine additional derived and damage stats and they would be rendered automatically to PC & NPC sheet. Damage stats should be rendered to combat tracker as well. The purpose of this is to ease playing games with new stats, like Realms of Cthulhu.
PC reference utility for host. I have such a hard time to read what are PC derived stats from combat tracker and I don't want to open all minisheets to clutter my display. That's why I want to implement one simple tool for doing that. It would speed up and smooth up the game definitely!
Encounter power calculator. Sometime I would love to know if my planned encounter's difficulty. SWD provided simple math rules for doing that, but I want the math done automatically. Solution: New tool where you can drag n' drop PCs/NPCs and it will tell me total power according to the rules.
Template blocks. New feature where pre-made templates can be done to represent for example race, and it can be applied to any existing PC or NPC. For example you could create Vampire template and apply it to NPC

The attached extension is currently work on progress version and it will be updated to this post when new features get implement.

Definitely a vote from me to be able to add powers to the Mini PC sheet.

Doswelk
February 13th, 2013, 22:33
How about have Charisma modifier automatically applied?

S Ferguson
February 13th, 2013, 22:42

I'd prefer all modifiers to be automatically applied. After all, who *really* wants to do the work.:D

Ikael
February 16th, 2013, 12:57

Wheter this is doable or not depends on can you specify straight forward rules about how and when Charisma modifier is applied? What about exception situations are there any? How manage them and how to ignore this automatization in practise when exception-by-exception situations apply? -- Implementation of this is very easy thereafter. If you could provide me such a rules I would be more than happy to implement this. I love automatization, but will defenitely provide new preference option: "Do not apply modifiers to rolls automatically", just to make it usable for those who want to manage modifiers themselves.

I'd prefer all modifiers to be automatically applied. After all, who *really* wants to do the work.

These same applies here, if you can provide me rules regarding how to apply some modifiers automatically I would be happy to do it.

I have the SW rules, but the thing why I hestiate implementing these is that I don't own many other supplement/SW products which might include exception rules to these. People with more knowledge about overall SW rulebase are the best source to define these "rules".

One thing that I have been thinking already is how to apply Encumbrance penalties automatically, correct me if I am wrong.
Encumbrance penalties are applied to:

Strength attribute trait rolls
Agility attribute trait rolls
Strength attribute linked skills
Agility attribute linked skills

In addition I just would LOVE, and LOVE to have some sort of automatic updater implementation for any and all trait and damage rolls & derived stats. For example if you specify that your weapon's damage is STR+d6+1 it would provide the rollable damagedices as the system currently does, but when you update your Strength attribute your damage would increase automatically. In addition when you get wounded your Pace would decrease automatically etc. This however would require lots of changes to codebase and might be overhead to be part of extension. But one thing I can say, it's doable since I have built the whole Unicore ruleset based on this idea, and it works very fine.

S Ferguson
February 16th, 2013, 17:12
OK. How about automatically changing the "guts" skill roll (which was "phased out" in SWD) to a "spirit" check as specified in the new rules. That way, older characters can be brought into more "updated" games. with a minimum of hassle.

Doswelk
February 16th, 2013, 19:58
OK. How about automatically changing the "guts" skill roll (which was "phased out" in SWD) to a "spirit" check as specified in the new rules. That way, older characters can be brought into more "updated" games. with a minimum of hassle.
If you do that you need to make it as preference option to turn it off again, for Deadlands, Necropolis, Tour of Darkness to name three settings.

scionofnyarlathotep
February 16th, 2013, 20:12
How about the facility to whisper to all other players or a particular group of players rather than having to whisper individual players?

Particularly useful for a GM to disseminate information to groups that have split or to encourage PvP :)

Ikael
February 16th, 2013, 20:23
How about the facility to whisper to all other players or a particular group of players rather than having to whisper individual players?

Particularly useful for a GM to disseminate information to groups that have split or to encourage PvP :)

I have implemented that kinda feature to Unicore ruleset and it's possible to bring it to SW also. I have called this "Chat Channel" which allows GM to split players into channels. GM will know what happens in each channel, but players needs to be in the same channel to know what's going on, since all messaging/rolls/anything relating to chat window is handled by the channel system. This has been one of my totally favored features in Unicore ruleset and as far as I know it's unique feature among rulesets. I totally allows PvP gaming and makes it easy for GM to share information to certain players. In addition to channel assignment, GM can also assign Peek and Echo channel to players which will have some special flavor, such as Peeking would allow player to know what happens in the other group, but his own acts are only displayed in this main channel (this is for hide & listen other groups and for GM to share some group info). Echoing would echo player's acts to another channel (and thus works the same way as peeking but in reversed way).

I would love to bring this to SW, but the implementation requires lots of core changes and could turn out to be overhead as extension implementaion. It defenitely should be part of the core ruleset to make it maintainable.

S Ferguson
February 16th, 2013, 20:29
If you do that you need to make it as preference option to turn it off again, for Deadlands, Necropolis, Tour of Darkness to name three settings.

True enough. But then if you introduce any type of horror into a game, the guts roll would be activated (which would always be on in pretty much any system Pinnacle released and a lot of third party development teams - Triple Ace for example - released. But most of those settings are for SWEX as opposed to SWD. Those products have a long history behind them. P"WW"W told me they pretty much include it to make products "backwards compatible" i.e. sell to old players used to SWEX and haven't made (or don't want to) move to SWD, and new alike, who prefer the old rules. Nice marketing scheme.:D

They specifically targeted Sci-fi and "non-horror" modern settings as those least requiring the "Guts" skill, and I'm sure they just weren't referring to Slipstream. And even rereading Necropolis, the public generally knows about the undead, and the front-line orders,deal with them on a daily basis. ;)

So yeah, there should be a toggle, But, after all, they removed it for a reason. :cool:

S Ferguson
February 16th, 2013, 20:49
They specifically targeted Sci-fi and "non-horror" modern settings as those least requiring the "Guts" skill, and I'm sure they just weren't referring to Slipstream.

Yes. Slipstream has the "Guts" skill.

S Ferguson
February 17th, 2013, 16:53
Here's am idea. How about streamlining character creation by having a "shopping cart" (as you put it) of skills, etc. that counts against your character creation points, then the cart can be dragged onto him/her. This should be doable.

Ikael
February 17th, 2013, 17:02
Here's am idea. How about streamlining character creation by having a "shopping cart" (as you put it) of skills, etc. that counts against your character creation points, then the cart can be dragged onto him/her. This should be doable.

Have you checked out the "character summary" tool that automatically counts character creation points (attribute, skills, how many edges you have and how many points you get from your hindrances)? You can open that tool from charsheet. There is a new button next to character's Rank (or below the portrait). This basically does what you request without need to have separate "shopping cart".

S Ferguson
February 17th, 2013, 17:07
Nope. Didn't notice that. Thanks for the assist. The poor eyes get to be a little tunnel-visioned during character creation. Still the skill basket *could* come in handy for creating new archetypes, or for creating new character races that have a "pre-packaged" skill list. (I just want all my eggs in one basket:D).

Ikael
February 17th, 2013, 17:11
I have added some items to request list: 1) Chat Channel sytem 2) Automatically apply modifiers (Charisma / Encumbrance) to rolls, but I would be waiting clear rules from you when and to what these modifier are applied.

Not sure if I have understood the need to make Guts-skill request. Can't GM simply check that players are not using Guts skill in settings where its not used and if they have it, then remove it and give them extra skill points to use somewhere else. In addition for setting where it's not supported you're not seeing it in your library module right? -- It would "stop" player to ask why its not there and GM can clear up the situation.

Ikael
February 17th, 2013, 17:12
Nope. Didn't notice that. Thanks for the assist. The poor eyes get to be a little tunnel-visioned during character creation. Still the skill basket *could* come in handy for creating new archetypes, or for creating new character races that have a "pre-packaged" skill list. (I just want all my eggs in one basket:D).

Definitely that would be true, but I am counting that "basket" in to the "template block" feature idea, unless you manage to implement it first :)

S Ferguson
February 17th, 2013, 17:17
Not a chance. You turn out features waaaay faster than I can. And you're more familiar with modding. I'm actually going through your Unicore code to get ideas.:D

grapper
February 17th, 2013, 20:31
I would like to request some idiot proofing. It seems that you can enable the mask on the middle and top layers using the tools in the upper left corner of the map, but there is no way to turn it off, at least not without restarting the session.

:blush:

Ikael
February 17th, 2013, 20:51
I would like to request some idiot proofing. It seems that you can enable the mask on the middle and top layers using the tools in the upper left corner of the map, but there is no way to turn it off, at least not without restarting the session.

:blush:

When you apply mask to images using the tool, it will always do it for the bottom layer. To delete or clear your mask select the bottom layer and use the masking tool, or right click menu options. You should not be able to create mask for middle or top layers

grapper
February 17th, 2013, 22:16
When you apply mask to images using the tool, it will always do it for the bottom layer. To delete or clear your mask select the bottom layer and use the masking tool, or right click menu options. You should not be able to create mask for middle or top layers

omg, thanks. I monkeyed around for 15 mins the other night while my players waited and couldn't figure out how to turn it off. I must have not tried going to the bottom layer. thanks for the info.

Ikael
February 19th, 2013, 17:50
The new SWFI v0.70 development version is available. You can download it from this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=142757&postcount=87). That version is still under development cycle, but one new feature is completed there: Convert PC into NPC. This can be achived by dragging and dropping any existing PC to the NPC list. Enjoy. Remember to try out the improved PC allies feature: Drag and drop any exsting NPC into player's Allies list and player can easily impersonate to be him in chat.

Ikael
February 23rd, 2013, 14:52
Final and stabile release of SWFI v0.70 version is now out! You can get it from here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3872&stc=1&d=1361644119). This update consists following features:

PCs :: Wild card setup: Being Wild Card or not for PCs is now character specific, not player specific. For Host there is Jack's icon in character selection which can be right clicked and used to define if given character is wild card or not, in addition the default Wild Die can be set using this tool. For players the Jack's icon is rendered in character sheet and works the same way as for host.
PC sheet :: Minisheet updates: Attrbutes are displayed in minisheet. Minisheet layout was refactored to save some space and Encumbrance notifier was added there. In addition any weapon or power can be marked as favorite and they are rendered into new minisheet. To open the new minisheet open original minisheet and there is new "Mini" icon on the top right corner it will open the Attacks minisheet.
PC Portait :: Derived Stats: New option was added for host to decide if PC's parry and toughness should be displayed on PC portraits.
Utility :: PC to NPC converter: Host can drag and drop PC portrait to NPC list and it will be automatically converted into NPC.
Developers :: PC Template refactoring and configuration manager: PC Attributes and Derived stats templates were refactored to make the code readable and more easily editable. In addition configuration manager utility was implemented. This new manager implementation is used to register weapon and power types. It can also be used to unregister existing types or update them. After registration these values are used in all places and there is no more need to define the same values in many different places.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Donwload link fixed and images attached

Ikael
February 26th, 2013, 06:36
Here is the same feature request list from page 9 which includes existing and new requests. I did also prioritize them according to my own interest. The item on top is the most prioritized. Please note that prioritized doesn't mean that it will be implement first, it just means that I would love to have it and it's somewhat doable. :D

When rolling trait or damage rolls from NPC sheet or from NPC attack lines, the speaker is always the NPC and chat's icon will be NPC's token if possible DONE.
Three-layer/enhanced images features were extracted from SWFI and moved to own individual extension. DONE.
Host should be able to pre-define additional derived and damage stats and they would be rendered automatically to PC & NPC sheet. Damage stats should be rendered to combat tracker as well. The purpose of this is to ease playing games with new stats, like Realms of Cthulhu.
Apply Wound and fatique penalties automatically to rolls as per rules. Players should have wound and fatique indicator icon next to the damage bonus on desktop, this would notify player that his roll will have the penalties. If player doesn't want to apply modifiers automatically he can click the icon and its highlighting will go away to notify the change. DONE.
Apply Encumbrance penalty to automatically to rolls as per rules. Players should have encumbrance indicator like wounds and fatiques, see above. DONE.
Fumble ranges: Enable weapons and power to have different fumble ranges. DONE.
Improvement to window manager: Windows should remember its last size and position on the screen. When the same window is opened it will be opened to the same position with the same size. In addition there should be tool to reset the window position & size memory. DONE.
Improvement to combat tracker effects: Don't automatically decrease duration on start of player's turn. Instead notify that power it about to end and character should start maintaining it. If player decides not to maintain the power, GM should be able to remove the effect immediately and it will be removed automatically after character ends his turn.
Improvement to combat tracker effects: Enable drag-and-drop effects from effect list into combat tracker
Improvement to client combat tracker: Players should be able to see everybody's effects.
Improvement to client combat tracker: Players should be able declare that he will go to hold with one click.
Improvement to combat tracker: Slow or similar hindrance should be automatically taken account when determining action cards.
Improvement to combat tracker action card: GM should be able to drag-and-drop any card into combatant to re-set the action card.
Improvement to combat tracker: Enable support for dragging-and-dropping & loading different class types into combat tracker.
Apply Charisma modifier to rolls automatically as per rules.
Allow host to create gmonly calendar events. These events can marked as shared for all afterwards.
Dice Tower rolls should be more subtile: Players should not be aware of how many dices were rolled, in case of acing.

Ikael
March 1st, 2013, 00:20
Here is development version of SWFI v0.71. It's pretty stable since no many features were included yet, feel free to use it. One major change in this version is that Three-layer/Enhanced Images features were completely removed from SWFI, but if you want to use them, you can download the SW Enhanced Images extension and use it along with SWFI extension. The reason why I removed the feature was the fact that I actually never had tiles to use it proper way and it was just slowing my gaming pace. I think its better to provide that functionality as separate extension.

Second major change (new feature) was that all die rolls are now character specific. This means that when you roll from NPC or PC sheet that character's name and portrait/icon is displayed in the chat next to the die roll results. This will make it more easy for players to have two or more characters in use and make die rolls with correct output. In addition when making die roll from allies the actor and icon is correct. Gamemaster's rolls from any sheet/combat tracker is also displayed correctly as character specific rolls. This will make the chat more readable and less error proned in case of wrong activated identity etc.

About the icon, if character has portrait or other system resource which can be displayed in the chat it will be displayed. However in the most cases with NPCs there is token associated to NPC. Tokens cannot be displayed as-is in the chat so in these cases the icon will be replaced with Friend-of-Foe icon depending on NPC current FoF status.

See the attached images for more information and the main reason why I wanted to release this development version already is that I would like to hear your feedback and thoughts if this approach is going to work or if there is something that should be taken account. For example when GM is rolling from Combat Tracker and NPC is marked as Unknown then his identity nor icon is not displayed as is. Could there be other case where exceptions apply? Would you like to have new Preference option to enable/disable this feature?

PS: seems like this is the 3000th Post in SW threads. Go, go SW! :D

EDIT: Attached extension removed, you can find it in later post

Ikael
March 2nd, 2013, 13:47
Here is another development version of SWFI v0.71. This update brings new preference option and functionality to PC trait rolls: Auto apply condition penalties. When this is set to on (as its by default), Wound, Fatique and Encumbrance penalties are automatically applied to rolls for PCs. Wound and Fatique are applied to all trait rolls. Encumrance is applied to Agility and Strength rolls and skills which are linked to either one of them. Note that skills must have been dragged from module to charsheet so that this identitification can be done.

If for some reason some of the penalties are not wanted to be applied automatically for your next roll, you can disable auto apply temporary by using the new tool next to the modifierstack (see the image). On the left side of modifierstack there are three small icons, each representing one penalty type. By clicking them their color changes to faded and that given penalty is not applied to your next roll. Note that after each roll these icons return to enabled state.

Again I would love to hear your feedback about this one.

EDIT: Nerves of Steel & Improved Nerves of Steel edge check implement to ignore some of the applied wound penalties automatically (1- or 2-points). In addition minisheet doesn't have "apply penalties" when automatic penalties is turned on.

PS: I didn't spend much time for selecting the icons for the new tool. I would approciate if somebody could help me around with some simple graphics. I would need three icons, one for each type: Wounds, Fatique and Encumbrance.

EDIT: Attached extension removed, you can find it in later post

Draeus
March 2nd, 2013, 16:03
oh wow that is an awesome tool! Its just forced me to sort out my Greek fantasy games equipment weights ... Player rat packs are going to go spare :)

S Ferguson
March 2nd, 2013, 16:24
What size of icons do you need?

Ikael
March 2nd, 2013, 16:34
What size of icons do you need?

Each indicator has width of 15px and height of 10px. Currently I use icons that are ~ 8x8 or 10x10

S Ferguson
March 2nd, 2013, 16:44
Each indicator has width of 15px and height of 10px. Currently I use icons that are ~ 8x8 or 10x10

I'll be doing artwork today anyway, so I'll eventually to get around to it. You're not on a deadline are you?;)

S Ferguson
March 2nd, 2013, 17:06
Transparent backgrounds I take it?

Ikael
March 2nd, 2013, 17:09
I'll be doing artwork today anyway, so I'll eventually to get around to it. You're not on a deadline are you?;)

Oh no, I don't have deadlines when it comes to FGII development work :)

S Ferguson
March 2nd, 2013, 19:25
Ok. Here's a set of six (I figure you would want to fade them if they're not being used). Tell me if they'll do.

S Ferguson
March 2nd, 2013, 19:27
Ok. Here's a set of six (I figure you would want to fade them if they're not being used). Tell me if they'll do.

oops. forgot the archive...

Moon Wizard
March 2nd, 2013, 19:50
Wish I had this extension when I was running my SW game last year. The manual application of the Fatigue and Wound modifiers was always a pain.

Great job.

Cheers,
JPG

S Ferguson
March 2nd, 2013, 19:54
Wish I had this extension when I was running my SW game last year. The manual application of the Fatigue and Wound modifiers was always a pain.

Great job.

Cheers,
JPG

And to think, he actually *removed* stuff from this extension!

Ikael
March 2nd, 2013, 20:00

Wow, those look great! Very much approciated to get help from people who are better in graphics :) I slightly had to resize the encumbrance and fatigue icons from 15x10 to 12x8 so that they would look better with the frame, see the attachments. I handled the fading effect in programmatical way by setting different transparency color schema to icon when it should be disabled. One again those just look great!

S Ferguson
March 2nd, 2013, 20:03
Wow, those look great! Very much approciated to get help from people who are better in graphics :) I slightly had to resize the encumbrance and fatigue icons from 15x10 to 12x8 so that they would look better with the frame, see the attachments. I handled the fading effect in programmatical way by setting different transparency color schema to icon when it should be disabled. One again those just look great!

Anytime, you need art, it's the one thing I can provide in a timely fashion (unlike my extensions :) ).

Ikael
March 4th, 2013, 16:45
New development version of SWFI v0.71 is here. Small changes to previous version:

S Ferguson's icons are in use for wounds, fatigue and encumbrance
Auto apply condition penalties preference was split into three preferences. Wound and Fatigue preferences has three possibilties: All, Physical and Off. If preference is set to All, then penalties are applied to all traits tolls, if it's Physical then they are applied only to physical-related traits (Agility, Strength & Vigor based trait rolls). This is implement for those who house rule wound and fatigue penalties to affect only physical traits. Encumbrance has options: On and Off. When Encumbrance preference is set on it will be applied to Agility and Strength based trait rolls automatically.
When holding SHIFT down and making trait roll, all auto applies (of wound/fatigue/encumbrance) are disabled
In combat tracker, attack and damage lines scale automatically to use all width of the tracker
When rolling from combat tracker attack line, the speaker's name doesn't contain #xx postfixes if NPC has them

The next thing I have been very interested in developing would be "loot list" idea. The idea is to have sharable list which can contain any kind of item/gear/treasure and players could easily drag and drop items to the charsheet from it. When one player takes an item from the list it's no longer available for others. This tool could be used by GMs to prepare items and gear that players could find during their adventure. Of course GM can create any number of loot list instances. In addition this could be used when a player wants to drop some of their item on ground: Player would move item from his inventory to loot list and GM could easily pinpoint that loot list into map where player dropped the item, thereafter other players could pick it up. Actually this idea can be reused in the "Shopping Cart" idea and I could smash two ideas with one. Ideas/feedback regarding this?

S Ferguson
March 4th, 2013, 16:50
New development version of SWFI v0.71 is here. Small changes to previous version:

S Ferguson's icons are in use for wounds, fatigue and encumbrance
Auto apply condition penalties preference was split into three preferences. Wound and Fatigue preferences has three possibilties: All, Physical and Off. If preference is set to All, then penalties are applied to all traits tolls, if it's Physical then they are applied only to physical-related traits (Agility, Strength & Vigor based trait rolls). This is implement for those who house rule wound and fatigue penalties to affect only physical traits. Encumbrance has options: On and Off. When Encumbrance preference is set on it will be applied to Agility and Strength based trait rolls automatically.
When holding SHIFT down and making trait roll, all auto applies (of wound/fatigue/encumbrance) are disabled
In combat tracker, attack and damage lines scale automatically to use all width of the tracker
When rolling from combat tracker attack line, the speaker's name doesn't contain #xx postfixes if NPC has them
The next thing I have been very interested in developing would be "loot list" idea. The idea is to have sharable list which can contain any kind of item/gear/treasure and players could easily drag and drop items to the charsheet from it. When one player takes an item from the list it's no longer available for others. This tool could be used by GMs to prepare items and gear that players could find during their adventure. Of course GM can create any number of loot list instances. In addition this could be used when a player wants to drop some of their item on ground: Player would move item from his inventory to loot list and GM could easily pinpoint that loot list into map where player dropped the item, thereafter other players could pick it up. Actually this idea can be reused in the "Shopping Cart" idea and I could smash two ideas with one. Ideas/feedback regarding this?

One has costs associted with it (the shopping cart) and one is just a list (the loot list). If you can get by the logic associated with that it sounds good.

bennis1980
March 4th, 2013, 19:32
I'm getting this script error if I roll a skill and the PC hasn't been named yet (I know, why would I do that). Just thought I'd pass it on:

Script Error: [string "scripts/updated_manager_rolls.lua"]:372: attempt to index field 'sender' (a nil value)

EDIT: It's with SWFI-v071.ext

By the way, the extension is AMAZING. Completely makes up for the fact that you killed me last session (plotting my revenge with a new character as I type...:D )

Ikael
March 4th, 2013, 21:11
I'm getting this script error if I roll a skill and the PC hasn't been named yet (I know, why would I do that). Just thought I'd pass it on:

Script Error: [string "scripts/updated_manager_rolls.lua"]:372: attempt to index field 'sender' (a nil value)

EDIT: It's with SWFI-v071.ext

By the way, the extension is AMAZING. Completely makes up for the fact that you killed me last session (plotting my revenge with a new character as I type...:D )

Thanks for spotting that out, its minor but yeah, irritating errors. I patched it up. Sometimes one extra waterskin might be more than important to carry :p I warned up you all several times, fighting the ghosts in this setting will be hard and needs cunning acts. But I must say I am proud of you figuring what to do :)

bennis1980
March 4th, 2013, 21:15
One extra of everything is being added to my shopping list. The scavenger edge would have been handy there - "I just remembered that I have an extra water skin right here!" Man that was a tough challenge though :p

bennis1980
March 4th, 2013, 22:59
I actually noticed that same error when trying to roll fighting dice from a weapon

S Ferguson
March 4th, 2013, 23:23
I actually noticed that same error when trying to roll fighting dice from a weapon

What setting were you using it in?

bennis1980
March 4th, 2013, 23:35
I wasn't using a setting, just the extension on it's own.

S Ferguson
March 4th, 2013, 23:39
I wasn't using a setting, just the extension on it's own.

Wow. I've used rolling off weapon damage a lot, and never run into that problem. Mind you my copy of FG is starting to call me "Dave"....:)

bennis1980
March 5th, 2013, 05:15
As long as your FG hasn't started trying to kill you, it should be fine.

S Ferguson
March 5th, 2013, 05:18
I think it uses the camera at night. Who know what evil lurks in the heart of Microsoft....

bennis1980
March 5th, 2013, 05:23
Well at least it is keeping an eye on your place at night, even if it is an evil protosentient transistor-based lifeform.

S Ferguson
March 5th, 2013, 05:31
I'm supposed to take comfort in that?!? It's... alive and trying to kill me. No wonder my extensions don't get finished.

Ikael
March 5th, 2013, 05:43

The fix I made fixed all instances of this bug as the same piece of function is used by all.

bennis1980
March 5th, 2013, 07:22
The fix I made fixed all instances of this bug as the same piece of function is used by all.

You may have just killed a new lifeform - two evils do not make a nice!

:mad: + :mad: ≠ :)

Draeus
March 5th, 2013, 16:46
Not sure if its just me, but the multi-layers are not showing in version 0.71

Works fine in 0.70.

S Ferguson
March 5th, 2013, 17:05
You may have just killed a new lifeform - two evils do not make a nice!

:mad: + :mad: :)

Bugs are the embodiment of *true* evil. So you actually have half a nice.
:o + :p = :confused:

Ikael
March 5th, 2013, 18:34
Not sure if its just me, but the multi-layers are not showing in version 0.71

Works fine in 0.70.

It's not just you. This might answer your issue: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18307

I have removed the three-layer feature from SWFI extension because some (like me) don't use it and its only a burden. The SW Enhanced Images extension has the very same three-layer features that was in SWFI v0.70 and SWFI+SW Enhanced Images are 100% compatible with each other.

Draeus
March 5th, 2013, 18:44
That does explain it :)

Doswelk
March 5th, 2013, 23:03
We had a painful session tonight, numerous script errors, tower not working, mini-sheet skills not working.

We were using 0.71 / library extension / layered maps (not that I use 'em!) / Slow Hindrance / Necropolis extensions

I will try and work out what does not like what

S Ferguson
March 5th, 2013, 23:12
Yep. Got a script error on connection to a game, but didn't get a chance to catch it,

Ikael
March 6th, 2013, 06:29
Could you both deliver the console.log to me? You can find it in your FG appfolder. Doswelk, SWFI contains more updated Enhancement Library code/features, you don't need to enable that extension with SWFI. In addition what FG version did you use? Test or Live? Also I would like to know what parta the Necropolis ext updates? I bet you have runin into the same eors as bennies did, but is there more...

Doswelk
March 6th, 2013, 07:40
2.9.2 (Live)

The errors for me were limited:

[05.03.2013 06:34:30] Runtime Notice: Initializing DirectX
[05.03.2013 06:34:31] Runtime Notice: Fantasy Grounds starting
[05.03.2013 06:34:33] Runtime Notice: Refreshing alias
[05.03.2013 06:34:34] Runtime Notice: Alias refresh result = Success
[05.03.2013 06:34:34] Runtime Notice: Host session started
[05.03.2013 06:34:39] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/sw_version.lua)
[05.03.2013 06:34:39] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/sw_version.lua)
[05.03.2013 06:34:40] Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (graphics/icons/title_monsters.png)
[05.03.2013 06:34:40] Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (graphics/buttons/button_openwindowdown.png)
[05.03.2013 06:34:40] Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (graphics/radial/icon_indicator_naval.png)
[05.03.2013 06:34:40] Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (graphics/radial/icon_indicator_artillery.png)
[05.03.2013 06:34:40] Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (graphics/radial/icon_indicator_bomb.png)
[05.03.2013 06:34:40] Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (graphics/sidebar/button_card.png)
[05.03.2013 06:34:40] Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (graphics/sidebar/button_card_down.png)
[05.03.2013 06:34:40] Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (tab_squad.png)
[05.03.2013 18:30:56] Runtime Notice: Returning to launcher
[05.03.2013 18:30:59] Runtime Notice: Refreshing alias
[05.03.2013 18:31:00] Runtime Notice: Alias refresh result = Success
[05.03.2013 18:31:00] Runtime Notice: Host session started
[05.03.2013 18:31:05] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/sw_version.lua)
[05.03.2013 18:31:05] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/sw_version.lua)
[05.03.2013 18:31:06] Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (graphics/icons/title_monsters.png)
[05.03.2013 18:31:06] Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (graphics/buttons/button_openwindowdown.png)
[05.03.2013 18:31:06] Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (graphics/radial/icon_indicator_naval.png)
[05.03.2013 18:31:06] Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (graphics/radial/icon_indicator_artillery.png)
[05.03.2013 18:31:06] Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (graphics/radial/icon_indicator_bomb.png)
[05.03.2013 18:31:06] Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (graphics/sidebar/button_card.png)
[05.03.2013 18:31:06] Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (graphics/sidebar/button_card_down.png)
[05.03.2013 18:31:06] Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (tab_squad.png)
[05.03.2013 18:44:04] Ruleset Warning: Anchored control static height ignored for 'mainfatigue'
[05.03.2013 18:44:04] Ruleset Warning: Anchored control static height ignored for 'mainfatigue'
[05.03.2013 18:56:59] Network Notice: 'S Ferguson' connected
[05.03.2013 18:57:26] Network Notice: 'S Ferguson' disconnected
[05.03.2013 19:07:53] Network Notice: 'S Ferguson' connected
[05.03.2013 19:18:11] Network Notice: 'Tony P' connected
[05.03.2013 19:30:31] Network Notice: 'Mark' connected
[05.03.2013 19:31:15] Network Notice: 'RPMole' connected
[05.03.2013 20:02:09] Network Notice: 'James' connected
[05.03.2013 20:10:31] Script Error: [string "scripts/updated_manager_rolls.lua"]:372: attempt to index field 'sender' (a nil value)
[05.03.2013 20:13:14] Script Error: [string "scripts/updated_manager_rolls.lua"]:372: attempt to index field 'sender' (a nil value)
[05.03.2013 20:58:35] Script Error: [string "scripts/updated_manager_rolls.lua"]:372: attempt to index field 'sender' (a nil value)
[05.03.2013 20:58:45] Script Error: [string "scripts/updated_manager_rolls.lua"]:372: attempt to index field 'sender' (a nil value)
[05.03.2013 20:58:55] Script Error: [string "scripts/updated_manager_rolls.lua"]:372: attempt to index field 'sender' (a nil value)
[05.03.2013 21:58:10] Script Error: [string "scripts/updated_manager_rolls.lua"]:372: attempt to index field 'sender' (a nil value)
[05.03.2013 21:58:53] Script Error: [string "scripts/updated_manager_rolls.lua"]:372: attempt to index field 'sender' (a nil value)
[05.03.2013 22:33:34] Network Notice: 'James' disconnected
[05.03.2013 22:33:38] Network Notice: 'RPMole' disconnected
[05.03.2013 22:34:01] Network Notice: 'Tony P' disconnected
[05.03.2013 22:34:03] Network Notice: 'S Ferguson' disconnected
[05.03.2013 22:34:25] Network Notice: 'Mark' disconnected
[05.03.2013 22:41:29] Runtime Notice: Fantasy Grounds exiting

The code that you modified for the WWII theme (artillery etc. has not been added to this yet, in fact I think it does not need to be any more looking at your updates, I just need to copy the icons in).

I have to admit I've never had the issues before (I suspect it was the library extension mixing up with everything else).
The Necropolis theme is mostly a re-skin:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<root version="2.0">
<properties>
<name>Necropolis</name>
<version>1.6</version>
<author>Kevin Doswell &amp; Dakadin</author>
<description>Savage Worlds Extension</description>
<ruleset>
<name>SavageWorlds3</name>
</ruleset>
<loadorder>15</loadorder>
</properties>
<base>
<script name="SW_Version" file="scripts/sw_version.lua" />
<!-- Graphics -->
<includefile source="graphics/graphics_frames.xml" />
<includefile source="graphics/graphics_misc.xml" />
<includefile source="graphics/graphics_radial.xml" />
<includefile source="graphics/graphics_sidebar.xml" />
<!-- dicetower override -->
<includefile source="utility_dicetower.xml"/>
<!-- Lances -->
<includefile source="squad.xml" />

</base>
</root>
:o Found a bug right there! - There is no utility_dicetower.xml in the extension.

The Squad.xml just creates an extra NPC style window, we were not using it yesterday.

I'll try and re-create the issues tonight on my own and make a copy of the console logs.

scionofnyarlathotep
March 6th, 2013, 13:33
I'll drop a copy of my console log from last night when I get home tonight.My specifice issues were related to dragged weapons creating script errors as well as existing weapons from the character sheet and even on the mini mini sheet.

I'm hoping we don't get a similar slew of issues tonight when I play in Draeus' campaign.

Ikael
March 6th, 2013, 15:56
Everyone, please before even trying to use SWFI v0.71, RE-DOWNLOAD it and use the updated version instead. You can find it in the above post or directly from here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3960&stc=1&d=1362585266). This ultra-small fix (of 1 line) fixes bennis1980's reported issue and will likely be the fix for most of your cases. Let me know if I am wrong.

Btw: Super approciating that you guys actully give some testing for SWFI and report issues :)

bennis1980
March 6th, 2013, 16:03
Oh boy, I reckon an ingame reward is due, say 1000000 gold pieces? You can all pitch together if you like ;)

S Ferguson
March 6th, 2013, 16:25
*One* line of code ably cured the curse of the mini-mini multiplexes of issues? Sheesh. That's one important line to take down the entire SWFI. :p

Ikael
March 6th, 2013, 21:19
*One* line of code ably cured the curse of the mini-mini multiplexes of issues? Sheesh. That's one important line to take down the entire SWFI. :p

Actually I strongly believe that the issue emerged outside SWFI extension. SWFI extension was just expecting to have sender explicitely defined for all rolls, but if it was made from code that's outside SWFI it failed to meet expectations. That said what I just did was adding conditional check and made the expectated value be optional. But yeah, if you happen to do rolling it would be major issue for you :)

S Ferguson
March 6th, 2013, 23:14
Actually I strongly believe that the issue emerged outside SWFI extension. SWFI extension was just expecting to have sender explicitely defined for all rolls, but if it was made from code that's outside SWFI it failed to meet expectations. That said what I just did was adding conditional check and made the expectated value be optional. But yeah, if you happen to do rolling it would be major issue for you :)

It was a major issue. If you can't roll, it makes it hard to play.:D

Ikael
March 10th, 2013, 20:45
Here is another development version of SWFI v0.71. This update contains only updates and focuses much on making this extension more compatible with Deadlands: Reloaded product. New features/changes are:

Fumble ranges: Enable weapons and power to have different fumble ranges. By default weapons and powers have fumble range of 1. To change fumble range, right click on weapon/power type and select "fumble range". Whenever trait roll's wild die replaces regular die, but the trait die scored result that's within fumble range, it will be notified in chat.
Improvement to window manager: Windows remember their last size and position on the screen. When the same window is opened it will be opened to the same position with the same size. In addition new slashcommand was added: /winprefreset which will reset all window position & size preferences.
Developers: ConfigManager was split into two and renamed: WeaponPropertyManager and PowerPropertyManager. Just to avoid name conflict in Deadlands: Reloaded

The rest development work still focuses on making this more compatible with Deadlands, but I have also recorded some new future improvements to this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=143960&postcount=112). Mostely new requested features would be more efficient in the core ruleset than in the extension, but any case they will get some focus later.

EDIT: Attachment removed

Ikael
March 15th, 2013, 18:54
Here is the finished SWFI v0.71! (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3992&stc=1&d=1363369053)

Images :: Three-layer images: The feature was extraced and removed from this extension to be own independent extension: SW Enhanced Images (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18307). This is mostly because the three-layer implementation still has some quirks and others prefer to use the normal image system. The SW Enhanced Images extension is fully compatible with SWFI extension so you can use them both at the same time.
PC/NPC Sheet :: Character specific die rolls: Die rolls are now character specific. This means that when you roll from NPC or PC sheet that character's name and portrait/icon is displayed in the chat, instead of current activated identity. This will make it more easy for players to have two or more characters in use and make die rolls without confusing chat notification about who made the roll. This feature is applied to any roll from PC and NPC sheets.
PCs :: Automatically apply wound, fatique and encumbrance penalties: Penalties are automatically applied to trait rolls according to the rules. Automatically applied penalties can also marked as ignored for next roll by clicking new corresponding icon next to the modifierstack. New preference options were added for each penalty type: wound, fatigue and encumbrance. Wound and Fatigue preferences has three possibilties: All, Physical and Off. If preference is set to All, then penalties are applied to all traits tolls, if it's Physical then they are applied only to physical-related traits (Agility, Strength & Vigor based trait rolls). This is implement for those who house rule wound and fatigue penalties to affect only physical traits. Encumbrance has options: On and Off. When Encumbrance preference is set on it will be applied to Agility and Strength based trait rolls automatically. In addition When holding SHIFT down and making trait roll, all auto applies (of wound/fatigue/encumbrance) are disabled. Also Nerves of Steel & Improved Nerves of Steel edges automatically decrease wound penalties.
Combat tracker :: Attack lines: Attack and damage lines scale automatically to use all width of the tracker.
PC Sheet :: Fumble ranges: Enable weapons and power to have different fumble ranges. By default weapons and powers have fumble range of 1. To change fumble range, right click on weapon/power type and select "fumble range". Whenever trait roll's wild die replaces regular die, but the trait die scored result that's within fumble range, it will be notified in chat.
Utility :: Improvement to window manager: Windows remember their last size and position on the screen. When the same window is opened it will be opened to the same position with the same size. In addition new slashcommand was added: /winprefreset which will reset all window position & size preferences.
Developers :: ConfigManager was split into two and renamed: WeaponPropertyManager and PowerPropertyManager. Just to avoid name conflict in Deadlands: Reloaded

Ikael
March 25th, 2013, 20:51
I haven't had time to give any love to SWFI development for some time now since I have been doing teamwork with phantomwhale to include as-many-as-possible-and-phantomwhale-accepts features from SWFI into upcoming SW v3.4 ruleset. Now that's done and I can focus on some new feature development.

Here is the list of development idea, in somewhat priority order:

Host should be able to pre-define additional derived and damage stats and they would be rendered automatically to PC & NPC sheet. Damage stats should be rendered to combat tracker as well. The purpose of this is to ease playing games with new stats, like Realms of Cthulhu.
Improvements on chat mood: Allow better way to use mood instead of slashcommand. I have been thinkin new language-dropbox-like field next to the chatentry which can be used to input mood text and it will remain in use between several chat messages until user removes it. The field should also remember all previous moods that were used to speed up "mooding"
Improvement to combat tracker effects: Don't automatically decrease duration on start of player's turn. Instead notify that power it about to end and character should start maintaining it. If player decides not to maintain the power, GM should be able to remove the effect immediately and it will be removed automatically after character ends his turn.
Improvement to combat tracker effects: Enable drag-and-drop effects from effect list into combat tracker
Improvement to client combat tracker: Players should be able to see everybody's effects.
Improvement to client combat tracker: Players should be able declare that he will go to hold with one click.
Improvement to combat tracker: Slow or similar hindrance should be automatically taken account when determining action cards.
Improvement to combat tracker action card: GM should be able to drag-and-drop any card into combatant to re-set the action card.
Improvement to combat tracker: Enable support for dragging-and-dropping & loading different class types into combat tracker.
Apply Charisma modifier to rolls automatically as per rules.
Allow host to create gmonly calendar events. These events can marked as shared for all afterwards.
Dice Tower rolls should be more subtile: Players should not be aware of how many dices were rolled, in case of acing.

S Ferguson
March 25th, 2013, 20:58
The Slow hindrance and the respective cards drawn is already implemented in SW. It's just that you have to put it in the Edges column for some reason, for it to work. Trust me I'm playing a Slow character right now.

Ikael
March 25th, 2013, 21:25
The Slow hindrance and the respective cards drawn is already implemented in SW. It's just that you have to put it in the Edges column for some reason, for it to work. Trust me I'm playing a Slow character right now.

Yes, I am aware of this strangeness and that's the thing to fix

chillybilly
March 25th, 2013, 21:46
As a recent SWFI convert, these planned improvements sound fantastic. I absolutely love the customizable mini sheets. It's better than 4E.

I am however having a problem with them. When a PC double clicks on the melee/ranged/thrown or power (in this case, mad scientist) icon to roll an attack from his mini, he gets a-- Script Error [string"scripts/updated_carsheet_attacktype.lua": attempt to index field 'fumble' (a nil value) --error.

I assume it's something to do with the fumble stuff. Is there a fumble module I need to place in my modules folder and activate? Did I drag and drop a weapon into the attacks part of the character sheet incorrectly? The PC can still double click Shoot/Mad Scientist skill and perform attacks that way so it's not a show stopper by any means.

Ikael
March 25th, 2013, 22:14
As a recent SWFI convert, these planned improvements sound fantastic. I absolutely love the customizable mini sheets. It's better than 4E.

I am however having a problem with them. When a PC double clicks on the melee/ranged/thrown or power (in this case, mad scientist) icon to roll an attack from his mini, he gets a-- Script Error [string"scripts/updated_carsheet_attacktype.lua": attempt to index field 'fumble' (a nil value) --error.

I assume it's something to do with the fumble stuff. Is there a fumble module I need to place in my modules folder and activate? Did I drag and drop a weapon into the attacks part of the character sheet incorrectly? The PC can still double click Shoot/Mad Scientist skill and perform attacks that way so it's not a show stopper by any means.

Thanks for pointing that issues out, it was a bug! Just fixed it and uploaded new version of SWFI v0.71 here. Please re-download it to get rid of that nastiness :)

chillybilly
March 25th, 2013, 22:27
You fixed it! Horace Von Vimp (one of my player's mad scientist character) will be so happy! :)

S Ferguson
March 27th, 2013, 16:08
While you're on the topic of color schemes and SWFI, would it be possible to have the colors change with what "season" it is, according to the calendar? Something like light blues and whites for "winter," light greens, for "spring," the standard color scheme for summer, and warm browns for "fall"? Of course this would be toggled from the preference menus. It's just a pain in the buttocks right now to tell where you are in terms of the calendar, without opening it up. Actually, perhaps instead of the colors, how about a daily mini calendar for the desktop (like in the Windows gadgets)?

We'd never lose track of time again.:)

Mask_of_winter
April 1st, 2013, 02:20
Not sure if this is a bug from 0.71 or not. In the character sheet, Attacks window. I created a new entry. I clicked on the grey circle link. When I use the drop down to change type I get a lua script error

Script Error: [string "scripts/updated_template_weapontype.lua"]:13: attempt to index a nil value

The field also appears blank sometimes in the drop down box. Other times, it displays the wrong icon in the Attacks window. Should be melee and shows a thrown icon with ammo box.

Isembard
April 1st, 2013, 05:56
I have had the error with the attack icon. Select ranged weapon in the drop down item description. However the throwing icon is then shown on the main character tab.

Ikael
April 2nd, 2013, 00:31
Not sure if this is a bug from 0.71 or not. In the character sheet, Attacks window. I created a new entry. I clicked on the grey circle link. When I use the drop down to change type I get a lua script error

Script Error: [string "scripts/updated_template_weapontype.lua"]:13: attempt to index a nil value

The field also appears blank sometimes in the drop down box. Other times, it displays the wrong icon in the Attacks window. Should be melee and shows a thrown icon with ammo box.

I have had the error with the attack icon. Select ranged weapon in the drop down item description. However the throwing icon is then shown on the main character tab.

Thanks for that finding! The problem was that when you selected weapon type from separate weapon window it didn't save the type correctly. For instance when you selected melee, you actually selected ranged, ranged was thrown and thrown was nothing. I just patched that one so you can re-download the 0.71 version from this thread or from my signiature.

EDIT: ...And I messed up the last update by taking old codes into the extension. Nothing was fixed, only somethings was mistakenly taken out :P So Please RE-DOWNLOAD the v0.71 SWFI again to have the latest changes.

Anothing to mention now is that as some of you might be knowing me and phantomwhale are moving some SWFI features from this extension into to the core SW ruleset, which makes them available in every setting (even in commercial ones). At the moment, if no backkicks occur, we have just moved 80% of all features and there is 10% more to go (the last 10% won't be moved because they are not so tested). In addition to that we have also worked with totally new features, such as the dynamic stats, which will allow even non-programmer person add new derived stats or damage types into the system. All done with one-line of additional code. I hope we can have this feature in core SW to ease setting up different SW settings without sweat.

Draeus
April 3rd, 2013, 16:00
Wow making them part of the proper ruleset is an awesome idea!!

Doswelk
April 3rd, 2013, 16:44
Wow making them part of the proper ruleset is an awesome idea!!

Yep it is!

HOWEVER I am not looking forward to having to re-design all my themes to fit the new window sizes :( (if IKael's warning to me is true)

Also seem to be in PW's bad books as he is not using me to play-test 3.4 :(

:D :p :D :p (please note that all of this is typed with tongue firmly in cheek - always hard to get that across in text)

Looking forward to 3.4 really!

S Ferguson
April 3rd, 2013, 17:06
I'm getting a script error, [string weapon_main:type]1 attempt to perform arithmetic on a string value, *every* time I want to add a new weapon, after clicking the new gear icon. Help. I've got an armory to fill.

Ikael
April 3rd, 2013, 18:32
I'm getting a script error, [string weapon_main:type]1 attempt to perform arithmetic on a string value, *every* time I want to add a new weapon, after clicking the new gear icon. Help. I've got an armory to fill.

Have you re-downloaded the extension? I am not seeing this bug, but I must admit that when I first time patched the extension there was annoying mistyping left there, so I had to re-upload it again. I wonder if you're victim of this middletime when the bad extension was provided. Redownload again, and let me know.

Ikael
April 3rd, 2013, 18:34

Have you re-downloaded the extension and old version is not messing up there? Remove the previous one and re-download new one. When I first time uploaded new version there was this small nasty mistype was caused issues, so I had to re-upload the extension laterwards (today). Re-download 0.71 again. Sorry about that.

PS: I am working on too my different SWFI version at the moment. The current release v0.71, pre-SW v3.4 version v0.72 and post-SW v3.4 compatible v0.73, but one thing I must say, when SW v3.4 is out, the SWFI will have it's first "versionday" parties of 1.0!

S Ferguson
April 3rd, 2013, 19:56
Sheesh, how do you get caught in between versions of the same version. I'd start with another revision number like 0.711 or 0.71a or something for patches.;)

phantomwhale
April 3rd, 2013, 21:54
Sheesh, how do you get caught in between versions of the same version. I'd start with another revision number like 0.711 or 0.71a or something for patches.;)

If anyone's ever wondered by each SavageWorlds ruleset has a version, and then a build number - THIS is why !

S Ferguson
April 3rd, 2013, 21:57
Mmmmm, Our ethereal aquatic mammal speaketh true. Build numbers are a definite asset.

Ikael
April 4th, 2013, 05:46
In my local development machine I keep track of different versions and the current version latually is v0.711c but when I release it and its only small patch I don't change the version number. Maybe I should, but as I have started to use these forums as the main sharing point, I am limited to have max 5 filee shared/attachments. The method of announcing patches/fixes to existing version is that I replace the current one with patched and announce that there is a patch which can be downloaded. But true that I would be helpful for endusers to know the build version too so they can compare it themselves to what they can done from forums.

S Ferguson
April 4th, 2013, 15:31
I'm not saying that you have to update the screen number, beside Jack, but perhaps just in the file name. Most people who read the forum download from the forum. Version identification helps. With all the features you've got that are indispensable, I don't think people will mind if it's SWFI_0711c.ext or SWFI_0711PhantomWhale.ext or SWFI_0711SF for that matter (apologies to Phantom_Whale for using his moniker in this example, but I used myself as well...hmmm I wonder if that could be a new version control system :) ). Just helps us keep track.

Cheers
SF

Dakadin
April 5th, 2013, 00:14
I'm not saying that you have to update the screen number, beside Jack, but perhaps just in the file name. Most people who read the forum download from the forum. Version identification helps. With all the features you've got that are indispensable, I don't think people will mind if it's SWFI_0711c.ext or SWFI_0711PhantomWhale.ext or SWFI_0711SF for that matter (apologies to Phantom_Whale for using his moniker in this example, but I used myself as well...hmmm I wonder if that could be a new version control system :) ). Just helps us keep track.

Cheers
SF

The problem with that is it will show up as another extension in the list so if the GM doesn't change the extension within FG then they will be using an old version and may not even realize it.

Doswelk
April 5th, 2013, 00:25
No I think the suggestion is that the Build number is shown when you type /ver in the chatbox?

S Ferguson
April 5th, 2013, 01:01
No I think the suggestion is that the Build number is shown when you type /ver in the chatbox?

Thank you for clarifying my mumble-ness.

Dakadin
April 5th, 2013, 01:17
Ah ok. That definitely makes sense. ;)

S Ferguson
April 5th, 2013, 02:30
I get ahead of myself sometimes.:o

daddystabz
April 5th, 2013, 04:07
I just really want the ability to export character sheets, maybe as PDFs, so I can print them.

Doswelk
April 5th, 2013, 08:38
That I think needs to go on the FGII wish list, as that would need to be core functionality rather than a SWFI extension!

I just screen grab them and arrange in Gimp and then print, a lt slower I grant you but works.

phantomwhale
April 5th, 2013, 13:01
That I think needs to go on the FGII wish list, as that would need to be core functionality rather than a SWFI extension!

Indeed - as discussed here : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18453

S Ferguson
April 5th, 2013, 15:26
I just really want the ability to export character sheets, maybe as PDFs, so I can print them.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting. It might be a *very* long time. Printable character sheets are at the bottom of the pile for feature improvements. If and when it gets discussed at all.

scionofnyarlathotep
April 5th, 2013, 16:08
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting. It might be a *very* long time. Printable character sheets are at the bottom of the pile for feature improvements. If and when it gets discussed at all.

I'd prefer other improvements over printables any day. It is VTT after all :)

Now, decent access to character sheets for players when the GM is not connected is another matter 'cos whenever I've tried it, it always goes belly up.

S Ferguson
April 5th, 2013, 16:32
I'd prefer other improvements over printables any day. It is VTT after all :)

Now, decent access to character sheets for players when the GM is not connected is another matter 'cos whenever I've tried it, it always goes belly up.

Yeah, what's up with Server Characters anyway? You aren't trying to cheat and give yourself extras, are you?

scionofnyarlathotep
April 5th, 2013, 16:40
Yeah, what's up with Server Characters anyway? You aren't trying to cheat and give yourself extras, are you?

Silly billy, it'd just be nice to be able to access them in read only mode. You know, for planning and gubbins like that?

Ikael
April 5th, 2013, 17:20
Silly billy, it'd just be nice to be able to access them in read only mode. You know, for planning and gubbins like that?

Why don't you ask your host to export your character as xml after every session and deliver it to you. There you can import it into anything and play around and plan. Alternatively host could export all characters into module and share it and they would be usable in any campaign. Making characters accessable for players would be difficult unless done with these two options. That's the very core functionality in FG but you can "breakthrough" these with fugding slightly like this.

Ikael
April 5th, 2013, 17:29

Like others mentioned this would require FG core changes to make it workable within FG. However there are several other ways how this could be achieved. Characters are persisted as XML data and there are several frameworks to transform it to anything you like. XSLT comes first to my mind, you could transform existing xml character into html page which represents SW charactersheet. You could create Abobe post/javascript which would import XML character and fill up existing PDF to contains its data (done that several years ago). I also have experience with Java-based XSL-FO which can used to transform XML data into PDF representation (whatever you can imagin). The problem however is that FG doesn't support workaround to use these frameworks. Easiest way would to have a site or any hosting which supports one of the approach and you could export your characters as XML and transform them into "real character sheets" by using the external tool. Maybe at some point SmiteWorks could host php utility which allows you to input xml character, select which ruleset it's from and it would automatically transform it into html page.

S Ferguson
April 6th, 2013, 00:43

Like I'm going to trust a Scion of the Mask of a Thousand Faces. Planning to invoke Cthugha in your spare time?

zackspacks
April 6th, 2013, 01:13
Why don't you ask your host to export your character as xml after every session and deliver it to you. That Scion bloke wants the Moon on a stick, you know?:D

Must confess, being computer unsavvy I didn't realise that, thanks for the tip, I will do just that, many thanks!

As for pdf's , sorry not interested, I would like to see more online stuff, not offline:)

S Ferguson
April 6th, 2013, 01:23
That Scion bloke wants the Moon on a stick, you know?:D

Must confess, being computer unsavvy I didn't realise that, thanks for the tip, I will do just that, many thanks!

As for pdf's , sorry not interested, I would like to see more online stuff, not offline:)

Yep, online is the way to go. The only thing I do outside of FG is create the characters in Hero Labs. You can export a character to FG fairly easily, and you get a PDF printout if you need one. You can update the characters as you go along too. It's the cat's meow compared to the dark callings into a gibbering path of Madness! Lo, cast down that evil cultist and his nefarious plans for the Moon.:p

Cheers,
SF

Draeus
April 6th, 2013, 23:36
Hi,

We had a strange bug today.

When a character tried to roll from the Main tab Attack Panel, with one of their weapons. It would choose a different skill. It would keep that skill bu tit wasn't fighting for a sword for example.. it would be Ridding, or Knowledge on another character.

This did not happen on our Weds game only Saturday.

Going to do some testing to see what I might of done to 'cause problems, will report back if I find anything.

scionofnyarlathotep
April 7th, 2013, 13:28
That Scion bloke wants the Moon on a stick, you know?:D

Moon on a Stick? If you're offering, I'm all for taking it matey.

Ikael
April 7th, 2013, 14:39
Hi,

When a character tried to roll from the Main tab Attack Panel, with one of their weapons. It would choose a different skill. It would keep that skill bu tit wasn't fighting for a sword for example.. it would be Ridding, or Knowledge on another character.

Going to do some testing to see what I might of done to 'cause problems, will report back if I find anything.

I just encountered this myself during my game. This is the most strangest bug ever :p but it will get squished now.

S Ferguson
April 7th, 2013, 14:48
Moon on a Stick? If you're offering, I'm all for taking it matey.

Stop him quick! He's summoning a Spawn of Cthuga!

Ikael
April 7th, 2013, 16:16
Hi,

The bug was found and fixed in the latest public version: SWFI v0.713 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4074&stc=1&d=1365346611)

Draeus
April 7th, 2013, 17:46
Thx .. Will get this tested fully on Monday!

chillybilly
April 10th, 2013, 18:41
Downloading now and trying tonight. Thanks again for all your hard work!

geewaagh
April 15th, 2013, 23:46
Hey...put the ext file in my extension folder but do not see it show up in list. Anything special I need to be doing?

Doswelk
April 16th, 2013, 14:06
Did you have FGII running when you added it?

If so restart it, if not have you modified the SW rule set (i.e. made a custom version)?

zackspacks
April 16th, 2013, 15:08
Hi mate, all sorted thanks to Trenloe, thanks for the reply though! As for the thought of me running a custom version, absolutely not, I don't dare run extensions, in case it all goes wrong, as I won't have a clue what to do:)

Virtuous Dweller
May 22nd, 2013, 07:17
Greetings all,

I was wondering if there is a way to create the Hellfrost Calendar in the calendar mod.

I'm not a programmer so I'm at a disadvantage to making things for FG2.

Thanks

Doswelk
May 22nd, 2013, 07:29
Yes,

Copy the calendar mod, rename it, change the extension from .ext to .zip

Open it and edit db.xml to match the requirements

e.g. here is the Necropolis calander:

<calendar>
<base static="true">
<necropolis>
<name type="string">Modern Calendar</name>
<setting type="string">Necropolis</setting>
<lunardaycalc type="string">necropolis</lunardaycalc>
<periodvarcalc type="string">necropolis</periodvarcalc>
<lunarweek>
<day1 type="string">Sunday</day1>
<day2 type="string">Monday</day2>
<day3 type="string">Tuesday</day3>
<day4 type="string">Wednesday</day4>
<day5 type="string">Thursday</day5>
<day6 type="string">Friday</day6>
<day7 type="string">Saturday</day7>
<day8 type="string">Prayday</day8>
</lunarweek>
<periods>
<period1>
<days type="number">48</days>
<name type="string">Prime</name>
</period1>
<period2>
<name type="string">Terce</name>
</period2>
<period3>
<name type="string">Sext</name>
</period3>
<period4>
<name type="string">Nones</name>
</period4>
<period5>
<name type="string">Vespers</name>
</period5>
<period6>
<name type="string">Compline</name>
</period6>
<period7>
<name type="string">Matins</name>
</period7>
<period8>
<name type="string">Lauds</name>
</period8>
</periods>
</necropolis>
</base>
</calendar>

Virtuous Dweller
May 22nd, 2013, 12:15
Thank you for the quick response, as well as the instructions to do this.

However I can't seem to change the extension...in fact on my machine it's showing up as a movie clip. Could I be missing a program to properly open and edit this file?

phantomwhale
May 22nd, 2013, 13:32
On windows, you'll need to go to "Folder Options" and untick "hide extensions of known files". This should show the full file name (with the .ext extension) which you should then be able to rename to .zip

Windows just thinks .ext is a movie file (actually, I thought it was .mod files that reported themselves as movie files - sure your renaming the right file ?) but Fantasy Grounds also uses that file extension name. It's just three characters; there is nothing magic about them !

S Ferguson
May 22nd, 2013, 14:46
Actually, there's is historically plenty of mystical power within those three letter extensions. Beware who knows them all. :D

Virtuous Dweller
May 22nd, 2013, 23:37
Excellent! I did it

Thank you all for helping me on this. Wasn't that hard once I got past the mystical 3 letters :)

Now I just need do the coding and test it out.

Thanks again all.

P.S. Once I have this done if anyone wants a copy let me know I will gladly share my work.

Mask_of_winter
May 23rd, 2013, 02:23
A Hellfrost calendar would be nice :-)

Virtuous Dweller
May 23rd, 2013, 15:52
OK I've got the changes made but I'm having trouble to get it to load. Do I need to replace the calendar mod (the one with the Gregorian and Cyridon)?

Or do I need to rename again and change the extension?

Ikael
May 23rd, 2013, 16:35
OK I've got the changes made but I'm having trouble to get it to load. Do I need to replace the calendar mod (the one with the Gregorian and Cyridon)?

Or do I need to rename again and change the extension?

Easiest way is to add your own Calendar Setup into the existing SW Calendars module. Remember that after your changes you have to refresh the module in FG! To do this go to the "Module Activation" window, close the SW Calendars module, and reopen it. This will refresh the content.

Ikael
May 23rd, 2013, 16:44
A Hellfrost calendar would be nice :-)

If you can define following information about Hellfrost calendar I can add it to the SW Calendars module. The same goes for Virtuous Dweller.

How many days in a week?
What are the name of each weekday? Start from the week's first day name
How many months in a year?
How many days in each month and what is the month's name? Start from the first month name
What are the holiday/special days in the, if there is any?
Is there special period calculation? Like in Gregorian calendar there is the leap year

Virtuous Dweller
May 23rd, 2013, 17:17
OK I got it working. I did exactly what Ikael said and that did it :) Thanks Ikael.

So now with my addition the mod shows the Gregorian, Cyridon (I hope I'm spelling that right) and Hellfrost calendar.

The main issue now I have is that in Hellfrost there are 8 days in a week and 4 weeks in a month. The way the days are said would be the 1st Halfday of Plowmoon to represent week one (1st) Halfday (the day of the week) of the Month of Plowmoon. So there would not be a Monday the 30th for example. In fact there would be no number said higher than 4.

The way the calendar looks from the Hellfrost Calendar PDF is that the days of the week are listed down the left column (so 8 down) and the weeks across the top (4 across).

lol...just thinking of how this may be turning into a bigger project than expected... ahhh how I wish I new more about how computers worked :)

So does the tag that says <calendar> set up a normal calendar format and then the rest of the tags fill in/change the blanks?

Ikael
May 23rd, 2013, 17:42
OK I got it working. I did exactly what Ikael said and that did it :) Thanks Ikael.

So now with my addition the mod shows the Gregorian, Cyridon (I hope I'm spelling that right) and Hellfrost calendar.

The main issue now I have is that in Hellfrost there are 8 days in a week and 4 weeks in a month. The way the days are said would be the 1st Halfday of Plowmoon to represent week one (1st) Halfday (the day of the week) of the Month of Plowmoon. So there would not be a Monday the 30th for example. In fact there would be no number said higher than 4.

The way the calendar looks from the Hellfrost Calendar PDF is that the days of the week are listed down the left column (so 8 down) and the weeks across the top (4 across).

lol...just thinking of how this may be turning into a bigger project than expected... ahhh how I wish I new more about how computers worked :)

So does the tag that says <calendar> set up a normal calendar format and then the rest of the tags fill in/change the blanks?

Glad that you made it. However I am sorry say that Hellfrost's like calendar presentation is not supported. Is it super-necessary to have it look like Hellfrost style? It's just different way to display days of a month.

The SW Calendars module only provides information about calendar system and the rendering part is done elsewhere with the extension code. Making it support Hellfrost style is going to be complicated programming task.

Virtuous Dweller
May 23rd, 2013, 23:38
I was afraid of that. It's not super important to have it look or function exactly like the original calendar. Just have to work around it. The main feature I was wanting to use it for were the log entries.

But again thanks for everyone's help with this project. You guys keep up the excellent work.

pirateorion
June 9th, 2013, 04:30
This is the best thing since sliced bread. I say sir, well done.

Ikael
July 21st, 2013, 22:28
Mods, can you lock this thread. It will be continued in the new thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions).