PDA

View Full Version : Natural Weapons in 3.5/PF Ruleset.

Blackfoot
December 3rd, 2012, 22:22
Is it possible to add a natural weapon in 3.5/PF without it adding an item into Inventory?
I'm pretty sure I've managed to trick it into doing this a couple times, but I wondered if anyone had a consistent way to do it or if this might be ok to add as a feature somehow easily.
You can add items to inventory without them adding to the actions tab.. but it's a bit more tricky going the other way.

Moon Wizard
December 4th, 2012, 02:22
The trigger for creating an item and weapon entry simultaneously is drag and drop. If you right click and select Add Weapon on the Actions tab, it will not create an inventory entry.

Regards,
JPG

Blackfoot
December 4th, 2012, 04:27
Right, but it doesn't create the info box for that weapon.

Moon Wizard
December 4th, 2012, 20:52
Yes. The weapon entries do not have their own "item" record, the only data saved is what is visible on the screen. For the inventory items, a complete item record is created and editable.

Regards,
JPG

Callum
December 4th, 2012, 21:59
What "info box" do you mean, Blackfoot? What info would you need for a natural weapon?

Blackfoot
December 4th, 2012, 22:35
The red box at the right of the weapon that appears as an empty square when you 'add weapon'.
Primarily, I suppose, I'd use it to hold basic info about the weapon, a description if applicable... for example you can drag the 'unarmed strike' from the weapons module.. but it adds an item into your inventory... I might also describe any special features about the weapon in there... if the use provoked AoO's or not.. whatever was relevant. It isn't a huge deal... I guess the blank boxes mostly just feel incomplete... and the extra inventory items feel broken. If it were a simple tweak... then it might be cool to add a way to do it.

Moon Wizard
December 5th, 2012, 00:23
So you're saying that dimply hiding the box when not linked to an inventory item would be the solution? ;)

JPG

Blackfoot
December 5th, 2012, 00:35
Hmm.. well.. then you can't drag a box to an item to create second versions of the same item.

Blackfoot
December 5th, 2012, 00:40
If it can't be done.. don't sweat it.. I was just pretty sure I'd been able to trick it into doing it a few times and wasn't sure exactly how.. and really thought it would be better if it worked without having to break it... or didn't work at all.

I realize the code for this is pretty tricky as it is swapping stuff back and forth between the two sheets... and I remember in the pre 2.8 version the inv page was pretty buggy.. so I'm not looking to break anything.