PDA

View Full Version : Two society factions reported to be in trouble

Skellan
December 3rd, 2012, 19:14
In case you haven't seen it, the today's Paizo blog gives a round up of how the factions are doing in the year so far for season 4.

Apparently, two factions are in danger of going under, and a confrontation with a powerful Runelord is on the horizon...

You can read the blog here. (https://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5le4j?The-Path-Before-You#discuss).

Gadreun
December 10th, 2012, 08:59
I imagine we might need to start getting our characters up in level?

Skellan
December 10th, 2012, 09:05
what level are you now?

Gadreun
December 10th, 2012, 09:20
just played the three games so im level 2 :) my guess for the two factions to go is Osirion and Sczarni.

From what im reading only season 4 modules will be affecting the outcome...does anyone have those?

do i need to fork up some $ so a DM can afford them?

Skellan
December 10th, 2012, 10:14
That's very thoughtful of you, I am ok though thanks. (other GM's may be up for it though hehe)

Are you sure it is just season 4's?

Trenloe
December 10th, 2012, 10:28
Are you sure it is just season 4's?
Mike Brock's first post towards the bottom of the first page of the blog suggests that it is just season 4.

Skellan
December 10th, 2012, 11:17
Ok, well, I have just finished building Blackros Matrimony (which looks awesome) and I will make a start on Rise of the Goblin Guild

Trenloe
December 10th, 2012, 11:29
Hhhhhmmmm... I'm beginning to think that December and January should be "save your faction" months for PFS on Fantasy grounds... Whereby players make an effort to play PCs who are in their favourite faction, or in a faction that they think is in trouble and want to try to save it, or getting prestige that will count against a faction a player doesn't like. This would need:

GMs to run season 4 scenarios as a preference - as the tally will only be against season 4 scenarios.
Players to make an effort to play a PC who is in their favourite faction.
GMs to make sure they report the game in Paizo.com ASAP after the game.
GMs to report their GM credit against a PC who is in their favourite faction.

Perhaps this may even end up with players not helping other players complete their faction missions. This is not actively opposing them (remember no PVP), but it could be not assisting in skill checks or similar. This might actually make it harder to complete a faction mission (as a lot of them are based on a single skill check) and so get players thinking a bit more thoroughly on how they can maximise their chances of completing their faction mission, rather than relying on a bunch of +2 assists from other party members.

This will rely heavily on GMs stepping up and running season 4 scenarios.

Thoughts?

Skellan
December 10th, 2012, 12:50
I am all for this, I think the season 4 scenarios are the best ones

Gwaihir Scout
December 10th, 2012, 16:51
just played the three games so im level 2 :) my guess for the two factions to go is Osirion and Sczarni.
I see quite a bit of both (although I'm not sure how many Osirion characters were actually Grand Lodge characters in early scenarios), so I'd guess Lantern Lodge and Taldor. I don't really think any of the original five are in trouble, but I never see anyone playing Taldor. Not much Qadira, either, come to think of it.

Hmm, Lantern Lodge is pretty much just "the Asian faction," but that does help a lot of character concepts. OK, I give up. I don't know anything. We'll find out soon.

Perhaps this may even end up with players not helping other players complete their faction missions. This is not actively opposing them (remember no PVP), but it could be not assisting in skill checks or similar. This might actually make it harder to complete a faction mission (as a lot of them are based on a single skill check) and so get players thinking a bit more thoroughly on how they can maximise their chances of completing their faction mission, rather than relying on a bunch of +2 assists from other party members.
I hope anyone here doesn't behave that way. The Society's motto is "Explore. Cooperate. Report." The only time you shouldn't be helping (if asked, of course) is when the situation is questionable morally or ethically.

On the other hand, players should definitely not rely too much on others, considering there's a fair number of missions that need to be hidden from the other party members. Even Silver Crusaders need Stealth at times. Create thinking helps. Once I avoided a Sleight of Hand check to pass on a message by maneuvering things so I was alone with my target while everyone else was distracted.

I'll have to pick up a couple of season 4 scenarios myself.

Skellan
December 22nd, 2012, 01:38
More will be revealed in the scenario 'The Disappeared' that I am running tomorrow...