PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Crawl Classics- Saturday nights

Macgreine
November 30th, 2012, 04:06
*** Game is now full thanks for your interest. I will post again if we end up needing more players>

Hello,
I have converted some of the DCC modules to Pathfinder and plan on running them weekly on Sat nights starting at 8pm CST. Sessions will run 2-3 hours. I have been running them locally and we have been having a blast with them so I figured I would offer them up here.

I would like to use mainly the core rule book but if you have something else in mind run it by me and we will work something out. There will be ample opportunity for RP and character development but this is mostly an old fashion dungeon crawl that has proven quite challenging and somewhat dangerous for the players so far (bring your "A" game lol). This isn't really a campaign so long term commitments aren't required, but it would be great to find some fun loving, laid back players who want to participate regularly.

Players will start at level 3 with 1200 gp each for equipment and 1 magic item worth 3k gp or less . We will use the 25 point buy for ability scores, max 18, min 10 before racial adjustments.

I only have a full license so you will need at least a lite license to play. We will use vent or TS for voice.

So if you like to be in dark, closed in, underground places and battle creatures who are always trying to rip your throat out, let me know. We can get something going.

With the holidays coming we will probably start on Dec 29, but if we get enough interest we may get together for a session before then.

Warning: We will be playing D&D and death is a real possibility. I will play my creatures and NPCs to their full abilities. Mistakes are costly.

Mac

damned
November 30th, 2012, 04:26
Hey Mac - if you only have a LITE you cant host a game....
Im playing a couple of DCC modules at the moment but we are using Castles&Crusades...

Macgreine
November 30th, 2012, 04:37
Right you are sir. I do have a FULL license. So anyway hows it going for your group?

damned
November 30th, 2012, 06:12
Yep - ok - C&C is already a lot more old school and closer to d&d so not nearly so much conversion... we are playing the Rat King Saga which shoudl see us thru the next coupel of months!

Gadreun
November 30th, 2012, 07:54
wow would be really interested if it was a Fri night game as i would still have an earlier slot open for society games - or sat 1 hour later! as i have a game that finishes 9pm CST Good luck should be great games!

Macgreine
December 1st, 2012, 02:18
Right now Saturday is the only night I have free to run something like this. The time may be a little more flexible although I would prefer 8pm start time. Lets see how the response is and take it from there.

Macgreine
December 2nd, 2012, 01:08
Looking for a few more players.

bobgreynolds
December 2nd, 2012, 03:04
I would be interested in joining.

Macgreine
December 2nd, 2012, 05:12
Hello,
what type of a character are you thinking of playing?

bobgreynolds
December 3rd, 2012, 23:02
I'm not really set on anything. I'm willing willing to fill any role the party could use.

bobgreynolds
December 3rd, 2012, 23:13
I like the arcane trickster but I think have been playing it too much. Might be time to try something different.

Macgreine
December 4th, 2012, 02:37
Cool. Hopefully we will get some more interest.

avro5731
December 5th, 2012, 01:00
Im interested -- rules are core rules or JUST core rulebook? mean not apg classes or arg races?

Macgreine
December 5th, 2012, 02:24
I was hoping to use the core rulebook because that's what I am most familiar with as far as characters and what they can do.Honestly I will leave it up to the players though. If there is something you want to play or try just let me know and we will work it in. I know for sure we have a pally so far.

I would like to get 4-5 players and I would suggest the party have a rouge and a healing class (cleric would do nicely) but I will let you guys work that out.

One of the coolest things about these old dungeon crawls is the traps and puzzles.

I am going to go ahead and make a calendar post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=944). Anyone interested sign up here and on the calendar and let us know what your playing.

avro5731
December 5th, 2012, 03:50
so no Adv Players Guide classes or Adv Race Guide Races

Thanks

Macgreine
December 7th, 2012, 03:11
Looks like we have one spot still open if anyone is interested.

bobgreynolds
December 7th, 2012, 04:05
I will play a rogue then

bobgreynolds
December 7th, 2012, 04:54
If you are planning on playing weekly I wont be able to make it on the 5th. I will be flying home at the time.

Macgreine
December 7th, 2012, 13:30
Okay thanks for the heads up. I was planning on playing weekly and as long as we have players we will go ahead and play.

I think Jason said he might play a Paladin, so we now have a rouge and paladin. Good start.

jasonthelamb
December 7th, 2012, 16:28
Yeah already have him rolled up, mac if you have skype I can send you his XML on there.

Gertak
December 8th, 2012, 04:05
I would definitely be interested in participating.

I would like to play a half elf druid
I am in the pst time zone
I am available most any time on Sunday, though I would need to wrap up by 7pm pst.

avro5731
December 8th, 2012, 04:14
What classes do we have so far? Druid, Pally, Rog?

Macgreine
December 8th, 2012, 06:01
Gertrak I responded to your PM. Check out the first post for game info. If your interested sign up on the calendar.

Avro, so far we have a rouge and Pally confirmed along with a possible druid.

We could still use one more me thinks.

Macgreine
December 8th, 2012, 07:09
I want everyone to know its not out of the question to use resources other than the core rule book. My desire to stick with it is because of my limited knowledge of rules beyond it. As I have said earlier if there is something that's beyond the scope of the core rulebooks that you want to play or try lets work it out and see what happens.

Jason has requested building a holy gun and I think it would be okay as long as everyone is cool with it.

Any thoughts?

Gertak
December 8th, 2012, 12:30
I signed to the calendar as requested.

I do not have any issues with any of the alternate roles/classes/abilities myself.

Macgreine
December 8th, 2012, 23:09
We now have confirmed:

A rouge, druid, Paladin ( Holy Gun) and an unknown.

We are still looking for 1-2 more players.

avro5731
December 11th, 2012, 05:02
Guess I will go with a barbie.

Macgreine
December 12th, 2012, 02:42
Nice Choice!!

RangerOps
December 12th, 2012, 21:20
Wife and I play together as something to share and enjoy. Everyone seems to enjoy her in the groups from previous.
I would be a bard ...wife would likely be a druid or something along those lines.
Let me know if there is room.

Macgreine
December 13th, 2012, 03:22
Hey Ranger Ops,
You and your wife are welcome to join us. That would make the total 6-7 and I think that would be fine as long as they other players are okay with it. sign up on the calendar and let us know what you will be playing.
Mac

Macgreine
December 14th, 2012, 05:46
Okay everyone we have a great group forming. I would like it if everyone got their character sheet to me within the next week or so. FG xml or herolab would be best but anything will do. You can post it here in the forums or email it to me. My email address is in the chat area in the calendar. If you havent done so, please sign up on the calendar and send me an email with your email address to facilitate further communication.

I am considering running an intro on Dec 22nd that will get everyone (including me) comfortable with FG2. Let me know if this works for you and if you can attend.

I am looking forward to our game and hope it turns out to be a fun and memorable experience for everyone.

Thanks, Mac

Macgreine
December 18th, 2012, 04:20
Still need character sheets from Bobgreynolds and rangerOps

avro5731
December 20th, 2012, 07:34
Are we doing the 22nd? Also I noted a lot of melee folks no arcane casters, would you like me to switch?

Macgreine
December 20th, 2012, 17:25
Hey Avro,
I was going to put together a meet/greet intro on the 22nd but with the holidays it's proving a challenge.
Looks like we are good to go for the 29th and We have a fighter1/wizard2 who is going mainly arcane.
I still need character sheets from 2 people and in saying that I would like to have those or at least an acknowledgement that they are working on it by the 22nd.

Isamill
December 24th, 2012, 19:37
Merry xmas all, up early doing the Santa thing before the kids get up (Daughters a believer still and son is'nt I think but hes not letting on and is desperate to catch Santa in the act LOL - but we all know how clever Santa is!!!!)
so I thought I would pop on here and wish the team a very merry xmas while waiting for the family to wake up
Looking forward to the 29th to meet you all and learn how to play this awesome game
kind regards
Isamill

damned
December 24th, 2012, 20:39
before they wake up?
my kids dragged us out of bed at 540am :)

beautiful happy little boys :)

Macgreine
December 25th, 2012, 02:05
Thanks Isamill.
Happy holidays to you and your family. Looking forward to our game.

Isamill
December 25th, 2012, 03:13
before they wake up?
my kids dragged us out of bed at 540am :)

beautiful happy little boys :)

Yup, 430am and then had to tell the son to go back to bed for a bit longer of which 1/2 hour later in bed with mum which promptly woke his sister up much to Mums disgust HoHoHo, but we have had a fantastic morning like most people on christmas day although I dread the phone bill after ringing family and friends back home in NZ lol
Enjoy the rest of the day every one, off to have a beer and swim in the pool followed by BBQ and prawns - yummmmmy

Macgreine
December 30th, 2012, 06:28
Great game tonight everyone. I had a lot of fun. I think the party composition is working well and the encounters seemed pretty balanced so far.

I am updating the game calendar to reflect our next session which will take place Jan 5 at 8 pm cst. Dare I say "same BAT time"? Oh never mind. Let us know if you will be attending on the calendar.
Mac