PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Calendar

JohnD
November 29th, 2012, 18:53
If I start making entries in say month 10 of year 1 in the calendar, what happens once I get to the end of the year?

When I swtch to year 2, will it overwrite my year 1 entries or will they still be accessable? Will entries from year 1 "mix" with entries from year 2 if I have notes entered say on day 3 of month 2 in both years 1 and 2?

I've tried to phrase the question in the least confusing manner, but I don't think I've succeeded. Does anyone know the answer?

bennis1980
November 30th, 2012, 01:38
Although unfortunately I do not know the answer (yet), I do understand your question, having delved into the murky world of calendar building (for some custom calendars).

I would suggest though that you specify that it is calendars within the FG interface that you are referring to, and not the game calendar - which it took me about a minute before I realised you weren't talking about, with the recent discussion about getting a community manager for it.

It's a good question though and would be nice to find out before relying on it for too long. Don't tell me a year of game time has passed for you!!? :D

Dakadin
November 30th, 2012, 02:45
You just need to change the year at the top of the calendar. The database keeps track of the year so the entries won't get mixed up. If you need to see old entries you can use the All Logs button or just change the year to the one you want to look at.

JohnD
November 30th, 2012, 02:57
Awesome... I was hoping that would be the answer. Thanks.