PDA

View Full Version : First Steps 2 (12/1/12)

Gwaihir Scout
November 28th, 2012, 18:41
First Steps Part 2: To Delve the Dungeon Deep

This scenario sees the new Pathfinders on a trip just outside Absalom to an old siege castle that had been previously buried for centuries. But they may find more inside the ruin than they bargained for. (Dun dun dun!)

Time is this Saturday, 1 PM CST (GMT -6). Sign up on the calendar entry (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=941) and post here to confirm. I'll need your character and (the info from) your last chronicle, if you have one, ASAP so that I can make sure I know how your character works. I'm giving priority to players who don't have characters above level 1.

Killian
November 28th, 2012, 20:25
Been waiting for a saturday game to try out my internet. I'll submit Meghann my Aasimar Magus 40412-6

Uploaded .xml of character and last chronicle sheet

Blackfoot
November 28th, 2012, 23:48
Iggy Toymaker will attend.
PFS# 39241-7
Level: 1
Race: Dwarf
Class: Alchemist (Mindchemist)
Starting Gold: 66gp
XP: 2
Fame(PP): 3(3)
Faction: Silver Crusade

rmpostman
November 29th, 2012, 01:29
Here is Takek .xml First session so no chronicle3311

Peanut
November 29th, 2012, 22:00
I would like to play.
I am making up a new character and will upload her as soon as possible.

Skellan
November 29th, 2012, 23:34
I have put myself down for this but I will make way if there is someone else with only lvl 1s who wants my spot
I will make a new character and upload him asap

Blackfoot
November 30th, 2012, 03:00
I spoke with my other daughter and she would like to play as well... she does not have a login on the FG site... she's making up a new character for the game... an Aasimar Oracle

Gwaihir Scout
November 30th, 2012, 16:32
I'll need the characters by Saturday morning. I haven't much time to look at them yet, but there are a couple of things.

Killian, I realize Meghann is a Skirnir, but I think even they can't cast with the hand holding a heavy shield. Unless you're not using a normal weapon?

RMPostman, you've got a few things wrong (HP, saves, and maybe skill ranks), I'll go over them with you later.

Blackfoot
November 30th, 2012, 17:09
I'll have all 3 of our characters uploaded by this afternoon.
I think Peanut was working on a sorceress.

Blackfoot
November 30th, 2012, 19:41
PFS# 57774-2
Class: Oracle
Name: Everia
Starting Gold: 113.9gp
XP: 0
Fame(PP): 0(0)
Faction: Osirian

Killian
November 30th, 2012, 20:48
Just has a quick read through the Skirnir and Magus rules again. A Skirnir never gains Spell Combat, the ability is replaced, so she can't cast spells and attack. She does however ignore all arcane spell failure chances for any shield except a tower shield. So if I don't have a weapon out I can cast in shield and armour but not attack as well.

Peanut
November 30th, 2012, 22:42
PFS# 55576-3
Class: Ranger
Name: Fran
Starting Gold: 31gp
Faction: Andoran

Skellan
December 1st, 2012, 05:38
I am going to bow out of this one as you have 7 listed and I have been up late running black waters.
Have fun though!

Blackfoot
December 1st, 2012, 06:55
Uploaded Iggy (edited earlier post with all his info)

Gadreun
December 1st, 2012, 11:31
I am going to bow out of this one as you have 7 listed and I have been up late running black waters.
Have fun though!

Skell this is your 7pm Saturday :confused:

Skellan
December 1st, 2012, 14:13
Skell this is your 7pm Saturday :confused:

I think my post was suffering from it being 5am hehe. I meant that there are 7 signed up for this and so I think I will chill out a bit today. I want to start building another scenario for you all you lovely people :)

Gwaihir Scout
December 1st, 2012, 14:58
Have fun though!

Alright, hope to see you next time. The scenario I'm prepping is a little...different. Regulars should find it interesting.

Gwaihir Scout
December 1st, 2012, 15:05
Just has a quick read through the Skirnir and Magus rules again. A Skirnir never gains Spell Combat, the ability is replaced, so she can't cast spells and attack. She does however ignore all arcane spell failure chances for any shield except a tower shield. So if I don't have a weapon out I can cast in shield and armour but not attack as well.

Dang. You really don't get spell combat until level 8. Although you can use spell strike at level 1 with your shield.

Gwaihir Scout
December 1st, 2012, 16:24
Sign up on the calendar entry (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=941) and post here to confirm. I'll need your character and (the info from) your last chronicle, if you have one, ASAP so that I can make sure I know how your character works.
People who can't follow instructions make me sad. Right now I have two people who have signed up and haven't posted here or given me their character. There's only one slot left, and it's too late to cash in on the newcomer priority. The window for getting in at all is rapidly shrinking.
________
OK, RMPostman, here's stuff to remember. You either forgot to add your CON mod to your HP or you forgot barbarians have d12 HD. Either way, you have 14 HP, not 12. You also forgot to add your class saves and BAB to the combat page, although you did do armor and speed correctly.

I'm not sure how you're getting 4 skill ranks. You should get 4 - 2 (INT) + 1 (favored class) = 3.

I set up a Rage effect in your actions tab.

See everyone in a while. I'll have the server up about a half-hour early.

rmpostman
December 1st, 2012, 18:16
TY I will remember that on next character sry to make you do that

Gwaihir Scout
December 1st, 2012, 18:48
TY I will remember that on next character sry to make you do that

Hey, no worries.

Server's up.

Aniximander
December 1st, 2012, 18:54
I apologize, I had to figure out how to create a character for the first time.

Please let me know what I did wrong.

Gwaihir Scout
December 1st, 2012, 18:58
OK, jump on the server and we'll go over it.

Aniximander
December 1st, 2012, 19:03
now I am feeling extra stupid

when I put "good luck nosy turtle" in the server address / alias field it wont connect

what am I doing wrong?

Blackfoot
December 1st, 2012, 19:03
Connect up to Teamspeak.. there's an issue with the port forwarding that should be cleared momentarily.

Gwaihir Scout
December 1st, 2012, 19:04
Nothing. My IP address shifted. It's working now. Hop on Teamspeak, too.

Blackfoot
December 2nd, 2012, 03:48
The cost for Iggy to scribe the 2 spells into his formula book is 10 gp each.

Gwaihir Scout
December 2nd, 2012, 04:48
PFS# 57774-2
Class: Oracle
Name: Everia
Starting Gold: 113.9gp
Faction: Osirian

Can you double-check the number for this one? I'm getting somebody else in the report. Also, what player name?

Here's the chronicles so far (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/189q52nvftdq6ug/61vy4L-R3M). Let me know of any corrections/purchases/complete satisfaction and I'll sign 'em.

Killian
December 2nd, 2012, 09:19
That was great many thanks for running.

rmpostman
December 2nd, 2012, 11:25
TY for running scenario scout had fun chronicle looks good

Gwaihir Scout
December 5th, 2012, 03:10
Chronicles are signed.