PDA

View Full Version : A would-be adventurer walks into the local tavern...

KingofKlubs
November 28th, 2012, 18:27
My Lords, Ladies, Clerics and Gentle-Rouges,
I am but a simple roleplayer well versed in the 3.5 way of life. There was a time many moons ago when I would settle down at a table with pen, paper, dice and back-up dice (in case my primary dice suddenly started hating me for no apparent reason) and weave characters and personalities so complex and interesting that they were the envy of my peers (and the target of inevitable IC abuse, lol). But now alas, my fellow players have parted ways, going out to seek their OC fortunes amidst the oddities of the real world and I find myself a poor player without a GM.
Now, I find myself walking tentatively into new territory, a new kind of tavern I have not ventured into before and this world of 'FG' now sparks hope within my soul once again. Oh wise and wondrous GM's of FG, I beseech you to accept me onto your virtual table. If I must purchase a Lite Licence, I will move the Abyss itself for this to happen. If you prefer that I conform to a new and bizarre timezone, so be it! I am eager to adventure again and while I have searched amid multiple threads on these noble boards, I have yet to find anyone who will accept me. There is scarcely a day I am not free, an hour I cannot play. The perfume of story, combat and roleplay nourish my senses, like honey on the tongue and rose petals to the fingertip and I wish to experience this again.

Please, is there not a place for a dedicated, enthusiastic (and modest) player with OC Intelligence and Charisma scores that would make a Mindflayer envious? :D

JohnD
November 28th, 2012, 18:38
Hey KoK... welcome to FG. :)

My games start around 0200 GMT which is a bit of a whammy... however, people are generally pretty welcoming here I feel confident you'll find something.

CrimsonCrust
November 28th, 2012, 18:49
*Claps Hands* that was good man.

KingofKlubs
November 28th, 2012, 19:12
Hey KoK... welcome to FG. :)

My games start around 0200 GMT which is a bit of a whammy... however, people are generally pretty welcoming here I feel confident you'll find something.

If 2am is the time for slaughtering phase spiders and insulting Goblins on their size, then so be it! Do you know of a slot for me to occupy soon?

KingofKlubs
November 28th, 2012, 19:17
*Claps Hands* that was good man.

*bows graciously* I am but a simple bard at heart, a wordsmith who delights in verbal ballet. This is but a small sample of my roleplay ability; give me a sorcerer, bard or swashbuckler and you'll be amazed at what can happen ;)

JohnD
November 28th, 2012, 21:30
If 2am is the time for slaughtering phase spiders and insulting Goblins on their size, then so be it! Do you know of a slot for me to occupy soon?
PM me an email address and we can discuss.

damned
November 29th, 2012, 00:01
just like in real life it can take some time to find a) a group and b) the right group so hang in there. also if you play 3.5 there are plenty of PFS games going that may whet your appetite...

KingofKlubs
November 29th, 2012, 00:11
just like in real life it can take some time to find a) a group and b) the right group so hang in there. also if you play 3.5 there are plenty of PFS games going that may whet your appetite...

I was aware of both a) and b) however I had hoped to cheat convention and jump straight into play. *Le Sigh* oh well

dr_venture
November 29th, 2012, 02:28
Yeah, I have a Greyhawk game I'm looking to recruit players for, but I'm not a whole lot better that JohnD's game - I believe it'd be 4am to 7am alternate Saturday mornings for you (6pm to 10pm Fridays, Pacific time)... and an hour worse in the summer. Very non-optimal.

KingofKlubs
November 29th, 2012, 02:48
Yeah, I have a Greyhawk game I'm looking to recruit players for, but I'm not a whole lot better that JohnD's game - I believe it'd be 4am to 7am alternate Saturday mornings for you (6pm to 10pm Fridays, Pacific time)... and an hour worse in the summer. Very non-optimal.

I am prepared to convert to a nocturnal way of life for a good solid game. I thank you for your support and suggestion. You may well see me at the table in the near future :)

Valarian
November 29th, 2012, 10:05
I have a Sunday game running 8pm to 11pm UK time. We are using The One Ring rather than D&D. How wed are you to the rules?

As proviso, we only have a couple of sessions left this year. Then we'll break over Christmas and pick up again on Jan 6th.

KingofKlubs
November 29th, 2012, 18:54
I have a Sunday game running 8pm to 11pm UK time. We are using The One Ring rather than D&D. How wed are you to the rules?

As proviso, we only have a couple of sessions left this year. Then we'll break over Christmas and pick up again on Jan 6th.

Never played One Ring before. Seeing as it makes more sense to join in the new year, Ill give it some thought, do some research on the system and get back to you if I decide to join you guys :)

dr_venture
November 29th, 2012, 19:16
I don't think it's been mentioned, but be sure to check out the Game Calendar link near the to of the page. There is a lot of dead wood there, so sort by "Last GM Activity" to help identify which campaigns are most active. If you find one you're interested in, I'd suggest PMing the GM directly, as they won't get notified by the server that you have requested to join the campaign (the GM just has to remember to look there).

Valarian
November 29th, 2012, 20:17
Never played One Ring before. Seeing as it makes more sense to join in the new year, Ill give it some thought, do some research on the system and get back to you if I decide to join you guys :)
These may help:
https://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/the-one-ring/the-one-ring-game-system/
https://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/the-one-ring/the-one-ring-characters/