PDA

View Full Version : Downloaded, now what?

unicuchecum
November 27th, 2012, 05:11
I've downloaded the Savage Worlds ruleset and clicked on the setup icon. It seems to be doing something, but when it finishes and I load Fantasy Grounds the Savage Worlds ruleset isnt available. Am I missing something? :confused:

Valarian
November 27th, 2012, 08:43
Go to the Fantasy Grounds folder in your Start Menu. Click on the Application Data folder there which should take you to where the rulesets are stored. Is there a Savage Worlds ruleset in the rulesets folder? Does it have a base.xml file in it?

Trenloe
November 27th, 2012, 09:06
EDIT: This ruleset gets installed as a .PAK file in the <Fantasy Grounds application data directory>\rulesets (as mentioned by Valarian above) - you should see a SavageWorlds3.pak file which is about 8.8MB in size. If it is not there or is not approximately that size, delete the file (if it is there) and re-run the installation program.

If the file is not there at all, if you are running Windows 7 (or 8, or Vista), right click on the installation file and select "Run as Administrator" - this shouldn't really be needed for the target installation directory, but it is worth a go just in case there are any problems writing to the directory.

If the above doesn't work, reboot and try again!

ShotGun Jolly
November 27th, 2012, 14:58
If you see the chase tool in your directory, is that confirmation of it installing correctly?

Trenloe
November 27th, 2012, 20:04
If you see the chase tool in your directory, is that confirmation of it installing correctly?
The chase tool is included in the upgraded ruleset, so you shouldn't be seeing it as a separate file. As mentioned in post #3, you should see "SavageWorlds3.pak" in <Fantasy Grounds Application Data Directory>\rulesets.

ShotGun Jolly
November 27th, 2012, 20:23
I should have said if you see it in the Savage world Library when you open up the mod.

As that is where I see it...

Trenloe
November 27th, 2012, 20:31
I should have said if you see it in the Savage world Library when you open up the mod.

As that is where I see it...
The original post of this thread was that the OP couldn't even load the ruleset (they didn't see Savage Worlds as an option to create a new campaign) so I'm guessing they didn't get as far as checking the library entries! ;)

*If* you can actually start a campaign, the best way to check what you have is to type "/version" in the chat window. I currently see "Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.3.1 (Build 7)".

ShotGun Jolly
November 27th, 2012, 22:17
Hmmm,,

Nope it appears that its not working for me either..

Chase tool is listed in my library, but even after I ran the updates, its still saying

Very odd... gonna play with it some more.. see what the problem is

EDIT: When I saw chase in the library, I thought it was the tool, but it was just the regular rules section.. I never bothered to use those rules yet.. so silly me, thought it was the new addon.. :P

Valarian
November 27th, 2012, 22:23
Is there an old version of the Savage Worlds .PAK file sitting in the FG2 installation folder? I noticed I had one in c:\program files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds II\ as well

ShotGun Jolly
November 27th, 2012, 23:03
Turned out to be my Antivirus...

I figured for kicks I would re download it again, this time I noticed it gave me an option to validate the file.. if I can trust it or not.. (guess i never noticed it last time) Anyways, said yes I trust it.. and boom installed just right.

I have talked to a few people, and they have said that they were getting red flags from their virus software all over the place.. like I was.

Its worth to try if anyone else is having problems.

phantomwhale
November 28th, 2012, 05:20
Not sure if there is still any outstanding problem here, but to be clear :

v3.3.0 - Savage Worlds Explorer Edition (with some new stuff)
v3.3.1 - Savage Worlds Deluxe (with the chase tool)

The original plan was v3.3.0 would support the SWD extension, but after some discussion we decided to add it into v3.3 (hence the new version number).

unicuchecum
November 29th, 2012, 00:12
Thanks for all the help! Looks like its working now.