PDA

View Full Version : Sierrian Wonder Interest Check!!

Djmaxx
November 26th, 2012, 18:29
Hey guys I am working on a Home brew game an was wondering if there is any interest in a game like this.

The world is Sierra, a world much like ours only Sierra has been torn in-two by war and tribal fudes. Sierra was once a beautiful place covered with lush forests and clear blue waters. About 200 years ago the two major races (The Sierrians and The Solites) fell apart and went to war. The war was the worst the world had ever seen and it was so bad at one point that the Sierrians used their magic to split the land into two continents. Driving the Solites to live on the decaying and the most dangerous part of the world. As the years past the war died down little by little until the war was just stories that the elders told the younger generations. Among the stories there was talk about a great treasure that was lost during the war. Many people say that the Sierrians have it locked away in their family vault, others say that the Solites have it and plan to use it to rearm them selves to attack the Sierrians but the true location is still unknown.
There is a game calender for this game so if you would like to play please sign up on the calender. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=938

The game will take a few months and will be a bi-monthly game.
It will take me a little time to get it ready but I am shooting for 12/16/12 as the start date and sessions should start at 6:00 PM (CST) and go to 9:00 pm (CST)

We will be using the FG2 TeamSpeak3 server for voice chat.

Character creation:
Roll up (We will roll up characters)
can use any race
can use any class
starting gold is average (In book)
Must have a background for characterI will need you character picture by the 12/15/12 so i can make tokens for your character.
You must have your character completed and ready for play by 6:00 PM (CST) on 12/16/12

Djmaxx
November 27th, 2012, 13:19
Hey guys if You have any Concerns or issues about the game please let me know so I can adjust accordingly.

CrimsonCrust
November 27th, 2012, 13:23
I don't play pathfinder society because I hate 20 point buy systems. There is nothing random about it. So I choose to stay out of games with systems like that.

If you want to do a 20 point buy system I would start a PFS game.

Djmaxx
November 27th, 2012, 13:36
I don't play pathfinder society because I hate 20 point buy systems. There is nothing random about it. So I choose to stay out of games with systems like that.

PFS is for short scenarios and this is a long adventure. As far as the 20 point buy system I am using it so people can make characters before the game starts with out me having to pick one day to have the server up for hours at a time.

If anyone else would like to role you characters please let me know and if I get enough people wanting it then I will do it that way.

CrimsonCrust
November 27th, 2012, 14:04
Is the game going to be weekly, biweekly, or monthly?

Djmaxx
November 27th, 2012, 14:39
There is a game calender for this game so if you would like to play please sign up on the calender. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=938

The game will take a few months and will be a bi-monthly game.
It will take me a little time to get it ready but I am shooting for 12/16/12 as the start date and sessions should start at 6:00 PM (CST) and go to 9:00 pm (CST)

We will be using the FG2 TeamSpeak3 server for voice chat.

Everything should be in the first post. If it is missing anything please let me know and i will post the details.

CrimsonCrust
November 27th, 2012, 15:28
Bi-monthly. Sounds good man. Sign me up. I would like to roll my char.

Djmaxx
November 27th, 2012, 15:34
Ok well I'm going to leave it up to a vote between the players because it really dont matter to me what ever ya'll want to do with that part.

Trenloe
November 27th, 2012, 20:15

20 point buy has nothing to do with PFS - it is just a Pathfinder character generation option that PFS happens to use.

Point buy systems allow you to generate a character concept that you want - so it is actually aligned more with ongoing campaigns than one-off games (but it works well in one-off games too). It doesn't leave your long term character to the randomness of dice rolls and also allows a party to be more rounded out.

Virtually every recent role-playing game out there has "point buy" systems to create characters and a lot don't have a random option at all. It has been many years since I have "rolled up" a character in any role-playing game system.

DJMaxx - sorry to hijack your game thread...

CrimsonCrust
November 27th, 2012, 20:17
Does it matter. I think not. Deleted.

Really I just want your game to go very well. I have deleted my comments in the hopes that it will.

CrimsonCrust
November 27th, 2012, 20:18

JohnD
November 27th, 2012, 23:00
Not sure how this is called for, but whatever.

Now there I go jumping in. Where will it end?!

CrimsonCrust
November 27th, 2012, 23:13

JohnD
November 27th, 2012, 23:42
Hey guys if You have any Concerns or issues about the game please let me know so I can adjust accordingly.
Good luck with your game Djmaxx.

My advice from personal experience is to start small; develop enough game content for one or two game sessions, adding as you go. This way you don't fall in the trap of thinking you need to have everything from level 1 to 20 created and ready to go before your players even get started.

I won't be participating for a couple of reasons, but regardless, all the best. :)

CrimsonCrust
November 28th, 2012, 15:32
Cool. Looks like another person signed up on the game calendar.

Djmaxx
November 29th, 2012, 01:54
Good luck with your game Djmaxx.

Thanks JohnD I'll keep that in mind

The game will start as planed if there is enough people signed up other wise the game will start when there is enough people to play this game will need at least 3-4 to work properly.

Djmaxx
November 29th, 2012, 16:55
Remember to send me your pics for your characters so i can get the tokens made up.

CrimsonCrust
November 29th, 2012, 17:33
Hey Dj,

I'll have mine to you shortly.

~Le Crust

UPDATE:

Sent

JohnD
November 29th, 2012, 18:46
Remember to send me your pics for your characters so i can get the tokens made up.
Hey just an FYI - you don't actually have to do that - the player can drag his/her portrait from the top of the screen into the token circle and that will work.

Djmaxx
November 29th, 2012, 19:42
Hey just an FYI - you don't actually have to do that - the player can drag his/her portrait from the top of the screen into the token circle and that will work.

I know but I was wanting to make the tokens so it wasn't just a square pic in the box on the map.

Thank you though.

Djmaxx
November 29th, 2012, 20:03
Hey guys just a reminder the game is not until 12/16/12 because im giving people time to sign up and it will let me work on the game some more

Djmaxx
November 29th, 2012, 22:09
Hey guys is everyone okay with rolling there characters?

The server will be up for a bit while I am working on the game if any one wants to roll up characters they can get on and do so.

I will post again when the server is down.

CrimsonCrust
November 30th, 2012, 00:07
Hey DJ I am in the room now and just rolled my stats.

Hemophage
November 30th, 2012, 02:55
Guess i tried to join too late, it was down when i tried

CrimsonCrust
November 30th, 2012, 04:42
He is usually on, I would send him a private message Hemophage.

Djmaxx
November 30th, 2012, 13:10
Hey guys the server is up and will be up untill 3:00 or 4:00 this afternoon.
I might not be at my computer the whole time. I will be on TS3 most of the day if you would like to talk to me or have any questions.

Djmaxx
November 30th, 2012, 17:30
Server will be down for about a hour. will post when it is back up

Djmaxx
November 30th, 2012, 18:39
ok the server is up for a little while

Djmaxx
November 30th, 2012, 19:39
server is down

CrimsonCrust
November 30th, 2012, 23:09
Has everyone finished there char's up?

CrimsonCrust
November 30th, 2012, 23:42
Hey DJmaxx. My wife wants to try to play a game of D&D. Can this be her first campaign? I can't promise she will stay in the long run. But I think if it is good enough we can get her.

Djmaxx
December 1st, 2012, 02:28
Hey DJmaxx. My wife wants to try to play a game of D&D. Can this be her first campaign? I can't promise she will stay in the long run. But I think if it is good enough we can get her.

I dont mind if she joins. Has she ever played any RPG's?

CrimsonCrust
December 1st, 2012, 03:12
She does not even know what RPG stands for man. LoL. So No, she has never played a RPG. She probably wont talk much at first, and I will probably have to help her a lot. But we will be sitting next to each other on our laptops. I was going to just make her a wizard or sorcerer.

Djmaxx
December 1st, 2012, 03:18
She does not even know what RPG stands for man. LoL. So No, she has never played a RPG. She probably wont talk much at first, and I will probably have to help her a lot. But we will be sitting next to each other on our laptops. I was going to just make her a wizard or sorcerer.

Thats fine just make sure to tell her that she will have to role play some to keep up with the group and the story.

Syndrome
December 1st, 2012, 03:37
would like to join in on this sadly that sunday i will be out of town... would it be possible to get into later games... sunday is usually a good day for me at that time

CrimsonCrust
December 1st, 2012, 03:38
Hey can she come in and roll her stats so I can help her develop a char?

Djmaxx
December 1st, 2012, 06:10
would like to join in on this sadly that sunday i will be out of town... would it be possible to get into later games... sunday is usually a good day for me at that time

I can try to work you in at a later date just let me know when you can play so I can prepare.

CrimsonCrust
December 1st, 2012, 13:29
Hey DJ were you going to have the servers up?

Djmaxx
December 1st, 2012, 15:06
Hey DJ were you going to have the servers up?

hey the server will be up about 12:00 (lunch)

CrimsonCrust
December 1st, 2012, 15:09
Sounds good.

Djmaxx
December 1st, 2012, 17:35
hey the server will be up about 12:00 (lunch)

Hey my computer is messed up and im having to reinstall windows so the server might me up this afternoon around 4:00 or 5:00

CrimsonCrust
December 1st, 2012, 18:23
OK sounds good.

Djmaxx
December 1st, 2012, 21:36
Hey what was the link were i can get the APG for PFRPG

Also I need you to redo your character because my computer crashed and now im having to start over. I had everything backed up on a difrent drive but somehow it got deleted too.

Djmaxx
December 1st, 2012, 22:57
The server is up till 8:30 PM I wont be on FG2 but i will be able to see what your stats are.

Trenloe
December 1st, 2012, 23:00
Hey what was the link were i can get the APG for PFRPG
You can get it here: https://paizo.com/products/btpy8fo1?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Advanced-Players-Guide

Djmaxx
December 1st, 2012, 23:04
You can get it here: https://paizo.com/products/btpy8fo1?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Advanced-Players-Guide

Im looking for the module for the APG from the armory i think. i cant seem to find it.

Trenloe
December 1st, 2012, 23:19
Im looking for the module for the APG from the armory i think. i cant seem to find it.
Ah, sorry - now I get ya! :)

Post #12 of the "Modules" thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16074

Djmaxx
December 2nd, 2012, 15:53
Hey Crust did you happen to export your character after you made it?

CrimsonCrust
December 3rd, 2012, 00:10
I made it in PCGEN for my wife. I can email it to you and you should be able to upload it.

Djmaxx
December 3rd, 2012, 03:40
I made it in PCGEN for my wife. I can email it to you and you should be able to upload it.

Ok do that for yours and your wife's characters.

CrimsonCrust
December 3rd, 2012, 03:52
Sure NP. Mine should be built all the way in FG already.

Djmaxx
December 3rd, 2012, 14:31
Sure NP. Mine should be built all the way in FG already.

My computer crashed and i had to reload windows so i lost all of my stuff. I had it all backed up on a diffrent drive but when i went to load it up it was not there so i dont have your character.

If you would like i can have the server up for you today from 8:30am to about 3:00pm so you can do what you need to do.

and yes i am having to redo the game because i lost everything.

CrimsonCrust
December 3rd, 2012, 14:54
Hey DJ. I wont be home until 3PM. I am having meetings with Trans Union all day. If you can have it up after that I can get in there and get it done.

Thanks,

CrimsonC

Djmaxx
December 3rd, 2012, 16:44
Hey DJ. I wont be home until 3PM. I am having meetings with Trans Union all day. If you can have it up after that I can get in there and get it done.

Thanks,

CrimsonC

yea no problem it will be up.

Djmaxx
December 3rd, 2012, 21:22
ok the server is up!

CrimsonCrust
December 3rd, 2012, 23:16
I'm coming now. If it is still up :)

CrimsonCrust
December 3rd, 2012, 23:54
Hey. I just emailed you the XML files to upload. I can check the sheets to make sure everything came in OK once you upload them.

Djmaxx
December 4th, 2012, 12:43
Hey. I just emailed you the XML files to upload. I can check the sheets to make sure everything came in OK once you upload them.

Hey can you resent the pics for your characters + the ones for your wifes characters please.

CrimsonCrust
December 4th, 2012, 14:31
Sure NP. It will have to wait until I get home though.

Djmaxx
December 4th, 2012, 21:11
Sure NP. It will have to wait until I get home though.

Ok that will be fine. Thanks

Djmaxx
December 5th, 2012, 13:47
Hey guys if you would like to chose were on sierra your character would come from the you can view the map.....

here-->https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17804

CrimsonCrust
December 5th, 2012, 14:17
Nice map man. I'll talk it over with my wife and let you know later tonight.

Valarian
December 5th, 2012, 14:36
As an observer from the UK, it may be worth defining bi-monthly and bi-weekly as they have different meanings depending on location.
I would understand bi-weekly as twice a week and bi-monthly as twice a month.
Others would understand bi-weekly as once every two weeks (fortnightly) and bi-monthly as once every two months.

Djmaxx
December 5th, 2012, 22:14
As an observer from the UK, it may be worth defining bi-monthly and bi-weekly as they have different meanings depending on location.
I would understand bi-weekly as twice a week and bi-monthly as twice a month.
Others would understand bi-weekly as once every two weeks (fortnightly) and bi-monthly as once every two months.

In a prevous post i explaned that it is twice a month. Thanks i will keep that in mind.

CrimsonCrust
December 6th, 2012, 15:22
I think we would most likely be coming from the Island of the High Council, at least if that is where wizards and summoners come from.

Djmaxx
December 6th, 2012, 22:07
I think we would most likely be coming from the Island of the High Council, at least if that is where wizards and summoners come from.

Na if you are going off that you could come from City of Sierra or a privet source.

CrimsonCrust
December 6th, 2012, 22:17
I'll write up a background and send it your way.

Djmaxx
December 7th, 2012, 18:07
If anyone needs to build or fix a character the server will be up for the next few hours. I will not be here to help but you can still connect.

CrimsonCrust
December 7th, 2012, 18:49
Hey DJ. I went in and updated my summoner, none of his armor, weapons, or spells transfered over.

Can you add the bite and claw attacks to my eidolon like you did last time for me?

Thanks,

Crimson

Djmaxx
December 7th, 2012, 22:33
Ok guys server is down but it will be up again tomorrow about 12:00 (Noon)

Djmaxx
December 9th, 2012, 07:10
Dont forget to send me a copy of your character pic so i can make your token. I

Djmaxx
December 10th, 2012, 17:43
Hey guys I would like to have a test run session on Friday Dec. 12th starting at 6:00PM (CST)

If you can not make it please let me know. I would like to do this to make sure everyone can connect. Also to give anyone a chance to fix anything that needs fixing with their character and to let everyone get to know each other. It will also let me get to know everyone before we start on Sunday.

CrimsonCrust
December 10th, 2012, 18:09
Hey guys I would like to have a test run session on Friday Dec. 12th starting at 6:00PM (CST)

If you can not make it please let me know. I would like to do this to make sure everyone can connect. Also to give anyone a chance to fix anything that needs fixing with their character and to let everyone get to know each other. It will also let me get to know everyone before we start on Sunday.

My kids will still be awake. But I am sure we can connect, I am just not sure we can both sit and be there if they go on a rampage.

Djmaxx
December 10th, 2012, 18:15
My kids will still be awake. But I am sure we can connect, I am just not sure we can both sit and be there if they go on a rampage.

Well its just a test and meeting of the group its not a mandatory session. What time do your kids go to bed?

CrimsonCrust
December 10th, 2012, 18:26
My son who is a year and a half is out by 6 PM. My daughter who is 4 is in bed at 7:15 with a single episode of Max and Ruby, she usually passes out mid way through.

Djmaxx
December 10th, 2012, 18:30
My son who is a year and a half is out by 6 PM. My daughter who is 4 is in bed at 7:15 with a single episode of Max and Ruby, she usually passes out mid way through.

So you would be good to start at 7:30? I dont mind to change the time back a hour and a half if you would like because i to have kids about the same age as yours and they are in bed by 7:30- 8:00 so that would work better for me as well. Is that ok?

CrimsonCrust
December 10th, 2012, 18:43
Yeah 7:30 would be better.

Hemophage
December 10th, 2012, 23:30
i could stop in until 7cst, as i have a game that starts then. And im the GM, so they cant do anything without me.

Djmaxx
December 11th, 2012, 03:27
i could stop in until 7cst, as i have a game that starts then. And im the GM, so they cant do anything without me.

if you have a game then you dont have to be there

CrimsonCrust
December 14th, 2012, 15:23
What what. Game tonight. Are your pants soiled with excitement!!! Mine def are! lol. j/k But game tonight. Woot.

Djmaxx
December 14th, 2012, 22:16
What what. Game tonight. Are your pants soiled with excitement!!! Mine def are! lol. j/k But game tonight. Woot.

Rember that tonight is just a text session we can use this tim to get to know each other and to let people finish or fix there character.

Djmaxx
December 14th, 2012, 22:29
the server will be up in 5 mins if anyone wants to go and connect early

Djmaxx
December 14th, 2012, 22:54
For anyone that has not sent me your backstory for your character you need to have it by tomorrow.

Djmaxx
December 15th, 2012, 01:53
Hey guys the server is up for anyone that was joining us tonight.

Djmaxx
December 15th, 2012, 04:48
Ok thanks guys for everyone that partook in tonight's session. I hope everyone was able to get every thing done and got use to the system ok. I look forward to this Sunday because this will be my first time GMing on FG2 and I hope you all will be patient with me and I hope everyone has fun.

Djmaxx
December 16th, 2012, 22:15
Just a reminder about tonight's game.

CrimsonCrust
December 16th, 2012, 23:59
My wife and I will be there.

Djmaxx
December 17th, 2012, 00:24
The Game starts at 6:45 pm (CST)

Djmaxx
December 31st, 2012, 15:12
Reminder: Next Game will be postponed until the following game day

CrimsonCrust
December 31st, 2012, 16:55
So on the 20th correct?

Djmaxx
January 2nd, 2013, 13:44
So on the 20th correct?

We will play again on the 27th

CrimsonCrust
January 2nd, 2013, 13:50
So then that is not the following week after the next game sessions date. You should of just said the 27th man. :) lol.

But sounds good.

JohnD
January 2nd, 2013, 16:37
You guys should use the calendar in the campaign page for scheduling - will alleviate a lot of these kinds of mix ups.

CrimsonCrust
January 2nd, 2013, 16:50
You guys should use the calendar in the campaign page for scheduling - will alleviate a lot of these kinds of mix ups.

That's what we do. LoL.

He is leaving and skipping the next session. He just has not had a chance to post it since our game was Sunday.

Thanks though :)

CrimsonCrust
January 2nd, 2013, 17:03
Also DJ I think you should open the game up for one more player as Rhoule has not shown up for two sessions. (The first or second of the campaign).

Thanks,

CrimsonCrust

Djmaxx
January 4th, 2013, 23:56

I post stuff on here because it sends out a e-mail to everyone.

Djmaxx
January 9th, 2013, 05:50
Hey guys I have bad news I am Posting this from my phone due to the fact that my computer crashed and it need a new mother board. I dont know when I will be able to get a new computer or a new mother board. but I will post something when I do. Also I have all of your characters and story backed up on a separate drive just in case something like this happened so we will resume the game soon I hope.

CrimsonCrust
January 9th, 2013, 13:04
Hopefully you will have it back up in 18 days :)

Djmaxx
January 22nd, 2013, 16:00
Sorry it took so long but fixing laptops aint easy..lol but its fixed now

Hey guys should have something ready by 2/9/13 if everyone still wants to play. also i will be opening up the game for 1 more player let me know if anyone has a issue with this or the date. I lost a few of of yalls characters do to my computer f-in up on me thanks to Microsoft being stupid so i will need those that didn't get corrupted. I hate that i lost them but when my computer quit it affected my other drives and i lost a lot of data so a thousand pardens.

Also Crust i think i added you to my contacts on skype if you would check for me and if i didnt try adding me using (halo.sierra117)

Gertak
January 22nd, 2013, 20:10
Though I know I should I do not know if I still have my character saved locally. I will look through and see if I can find it and let you know.

CrimsonCrust
January 29th, 2013, 15:08
I can't see the game on the game calendar anymore.

Djmaxx
January 31st, 2013, 06:42
Ok guys looking to find out how many people we have that will be playing i am going to remove everyone from the calender and will need people to rejoin it to let me know how many people we will have

scofsins
January 31st, 2013, 11:35
when are you looking to do this

Djmaxx
January 31st, 2013, 14:06
when are you looking to do this

Some time in the next week or so and it will be on a sunday 7:00pm (CST)

Gertak
January 31st, 2013, 15:17
I applied to the calendar again and I'm still as down as ever!

PhorgottenSon
January 31st, 2013, 18:26
withdrawal

Dan3486
February 1st, 2013, 04:32
I also signed up. Would love to play and Sunday nights are generally free for me.

Djmaxx
February 8th, 2013, 01:32
Hey guys i'm really sorry but im going to have to cancle the game because i need to learn the program more. i will be starting the game back up once i feel more comfortable with the system.

CrimsonCrust
February 8th, 2013, 19:48
I can't tell you how much this annoys me DJMAXX you lead us on for over a month. You basically ruined my only chance I had getting my wife to play.

If you could not handle it after the first few sessions you should of spoken up.

Instead you dragged us along even after I sent you numerous PM's (you only responded to one saying the game was a go)

The game is not hard to learn I picked it up after a few sessions as a player. As a DM I picked it up after the first go around.

To me excuses are alike aholes, everyones got one.

Sorry to flame, but I think this was extremely inconsiderate of you.

Djmaxx
February 9th, 2013, 02:10
I can't tell you how much this annoys me DJMAXX you lead us on for over a month. You basically ruined my only chance I had getting my wife to play.

If you could not handle it after the first few sessions you should of spoken up.

Instead you dragged us along even after I sent you numerous PM's (you only responded to one saying the game was a go)

The game is not hard to learn I picked it up after a few sessions as a player. As a DM I picked it up after the first go around.

To me excuses are alike aholes, everyones got one.

Sorry to flame, but I think this was extremely inconsiderate of you.

I apoligize for all of the crap but between computer problems and life i have to pull the game. look i have had to rewright the game twice already.

Djmaxx
February 9th, 2013, 02:15

As for me learning the system i dont have all the time in the world to use the system. Cause i have a life and two kids and a wife which btw take up a lot of time so dont get mad at me caus i pulled the game.

JohnD
February 9th, 2013, 18:48
I can't tell you how much this annoys me ...

Instead you dragged us along ...

The game is not hard to learn ...

To me excuses ... everyones got one.

Hey CC... normally I wouldn't intrude into this, but at the risk of involving myself, something struck a chord for me.

I'd suggest this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17698) would be a good read for you (and DJ as well possibly). It approaches the issue from the point of view of a motivated DM having flaky players, which is from what I gather is the opposite of what's happened here.

In short, yes having this happen is extremely annoying. I think though, that we can't necessarily be surprised when it does happen. Everyone (for the most part) has real life considerations. Spouse, children, work, the day-to-day grind that saps your energy even if your will/desire is there, time, etc....

Not everyone is cut out to DM. It takes a time commitment and dedication before, after and during games... this goes far beyond the task of showing up and logging-in at the appropriate time.

I've now gotten to the point where for 3.5e and Pathfinder at least I can sit down and bang out a decent amount of content in a few days worth of "spare time". But at the start, learning how everything works, it takes a lot longer for the average person.

Many are the people who decide they want to DM and then dropout after realizing how much of a commitment it really is.

Even players (as per the linked thread above) find they can't handle the "commitment" of a regular game. As a DM you hope for enough courtesy of an FYI... but that doesn't always happen.

In my Pathfinder campaign, I am extremely fortunate to have attracted seven solid players from day one (although there was an initial challenge with a d-bag player which we quickly jettisoned). Not everyone makes every game - real life gets in the way.

In my 3.5e game, I again am lucky enough to have eight solid players. This didn't happen all at once though... to get these eight I probably cycled at least 16 flaky people.

The best thing you can do is chalk this down to a learning experience... there will be other games you can join; something will meet your needs. :)