PDA

View Full Version : Question Making a module.

Djmaxx
November 26th, 2012, 13:54
Hey guys I am trying to convert a home brew over to FG2 and was wanting to know how would i start the process and how do I make a module.

Tiqon
November 26th, 2012, 15:03
write

/export

in the chat window.

This will open a screen and from there choose what to export, name etc. when satisfied right click and choose export. You now have a module in you module folder with all you wanted to export.

Djmaxx
November 26th, 2012, 15:29
write

/export

in the chat window.

This will open a screen and from there choose what to export, name etc. when satisfied right click and choose export. You now have a module in you module folder with all you wanted to export.

Ok I'll try it thanks

Tiqon
November 26th, 2012, 16:37
Also look at the video tutorials users have made on the download page.

And DO try scrolling down and look at the archived videos made by Xorn. they are very informative in my oppinion.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads/

gmkieran
November 26th, 2012, 22:06
Seconding Xorn's videos. VERY helpful in getting started putting together your own home-brew mods and/or campaigns. Worth the time (and they're not that long, anyway).

JohnD
November 27th, 2012, 03:37
When watching these videos do it piecemeal - by that I mean watch a bit, then get in FG and do a few instances of what you've just watched in the movie... much better to learn like that.

If you watch it all in one go, your brain will turn to mush from information overload.

Tiqon
November 27th, 2012, 05:48
When watching these videos do it piecemeal - by that I mean watch a bit, then get in FG and do a few instances of what you've just watched in the movie... much better to learn like that.

If you watch it all in one go, your brain will turn to mush from information overload.

Hahaha! JohnD, for some reason I think djmaxx is much younger than us, his brain might not hurt as much as our old ones ;) from info. I Really I have no idea how old djmaxx though. Just guessing.

Jokes aside, JohnD is so right. I normally watch the whole thing and then start FG up and run, stop, try, run, stop, try.

Djmaxx
November 27th, 2012, 13:26
Hahaha! JohnD, for some reason I think djmaxx is much younger than us, his brain might not hurt as much as our old ones ;) from info. I Really I have no idea how old djmaxx though. Just guessing.

Jokes aside, JohnD is so right. I normally watch the whole thing and then start FG up and run, stop, try, run, stop, try.
Thats how I was doing it to I watched the whole thing and then tried what i saw using my stuff and then tested..... then had to go to work lol.

Also thanks for the info.

(FYI) I am 26 years old.