PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds Deluxe - now available and now the standard

phantomwhale
November 26th, 2012, 01:44
All,

After a few weeks extra delay, I am glad to finally say that Savage Worlds Deluxe (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=DGASW3) has been released.

This adds in the two SW Deluxe library book modules, as well as the Chase Tool as a new standard tool.

Furthermore, I am very pleased to say that after some negotiation with Smiteworks and Pinnacle Entertainment, we are able to offer this as a FREE upgrade to all existing Savage Worlds users - hopefully it's available right now via the "Upgrade Now" button.

This means Savage Worlds Deluxe is now the standard Savage Worlds ruleset going forward.

-PW-

damned
November 26th, 2012, 06:34
I dont play SW - but CONGRATULATIONS on all your hard work :)
and I hope the bug list doesnt grow too quickly ;)

Lynnx333
November 26th, 2012, 06:52
Hi everyone, and hello Phantomwhale.

Thank you very much for all the hard work and the continuing support for this ruleset. Dont know if anyone else has already noticed, but I get an errormessage when trying to adjust the reach and space in the initiative tracker.

Script Error: [string "combatant:reach"]:1: attempt to call field 'updateUnderlay' (a nil value)

I found it a neat feature, and am a little worried that it might have been taken out?

best wishes
tom

phantomwhale
November 26th, 2012, 06:56
I think damned might have jinxed me...

So, quick check, what's the output of "/version" via your chat window ?

I don't really use those features, so there is a good(ish) chance there might be a regression bug there. But it certainly SHOULD still work, and if it doesn't, might need a patch.

Lynnx333
November 26th, 2012, 07:01
It says,

Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.3.1 (Build 7)
Adventure Deck version 1.1.0 (Build 3)

hope that helps.

phantomwhale
November 26th, 2012, 07:03
Yes, it helps. Now I know you also bought the Adventure Deck, I'll fast-track the fix :D
(joke - but I'll still take a look tonight)

Golgorosh
November 26th, 2012, 11:28
Crap i've bought it and i'm realizing it was a free update :(

Doswelk
November 26th, 2012, 16:26
Crap i've bought it and i'm realizing it was a free update :(

AH! but that way PW will get "paid" for it.

I have to admit I will probably buy it (I have never actually bought the SW ruleset :o

I have been play-testing it for Digital Adventures/Smiteworks since FG1

<wanders off to buy a copy>

kalmarjan
November 26th, 2012, 17:10
PhantomWale - For some reason I am not seeing the update? Perhaps my version of the SW ruleset is really really out of date?

Valarian
November 26th, 2012, 17:28
Does this Update button option apply to the DriveThruRPG purchases?

GraytDane
November 26th, 2012, 19:35
Hello:

I want to note that the "free" update is appreciated... very nice Christmas gift. ;-)

Moon Wizard
November 26th, 2012, 20:24
Valarian,

I'm not sure if DriveThruRPG purchases will show up. Does it show up in your order history in the FG store? If not, then it won't show up in the updater, and you send send a quick note to Doug at [email protected]

kalmarjan,

In the FG settings dialog, you can enter your FG login information, and the updater will automatically check and update products from our store (including SW ruleset). The age of your current install does not matter.

The updater does not force you to login, though I should probably add a dialog somewhere to let people know that feature is available if they provide their FG site login.

Also, not all of the store products are available through the updater yet. We have been moving products to the new updater as they have been updated (like the SW ruleset).

Cheers,
JPG

heyhogan
November 26th, 2012, 20:51
FYI - To get this update, I needed to go to the store, lookup my past purchases, and then click the download link and install 3.3.1. When I did "Check for Updates" from the launcher, SW did not update.

heyhogan
November 26th, 2012, 22:12
Glad to see it is now available, and even happier that I did not need to buy an upgrade since I just purchased in August. Is there plans to make a PDF or some detail documents about how stuff works in 3.3?

Doswelk
November 26th, 2012, 22:40
First 3.3 video the chase tool:
F4hQQ8waCzk
What else do you need? :D

phantomwhale
November 26th, 2012, 23:19
There was a PDF document made for SWD - not sure if Smiteworks bundled it with the update. Perhaps look in the "AddOns" directory in your FGII Application Data directory - I know other documentation got (silently) installed there.

Those who bought it despite already owning it; I thought Smiteworks was going to release a mini-newsletter to explain it would be a free ruleset upgrade (upgrades are always free) rather than an add-on extension. In fact I may even have jumped the gun with this forum post (sorry Doug !) - in any case, I am sure an email to [email protected] will help straighten it out.

There really is no point buying this ruleset if you already own Savage Worlds ruleset (it is one and the same product). Anyone wanting to "send gratitude" for the extra work are more than welcome to send tips via Paypal to [email protected], although I'd be equally happy with honest feedback, contributions to the wist list or spending that money on the Adventure Deck (or DL:R) instead :D

ShotGun Jolly
November 27th, 2012, 00:28
All,

Furthermore, I am very pleased to say that after some negotiation with Smiteworks and Pinnacle Entertainment, we are able to offer this as a FREE upgrade to all existing Savage Worlds users - hopefully it's available right now via the "Upgrade Now" button.

This means Savage Worlds Deluxe is now the standard Savage Worlds ruleset going forward.

-PW-

OH CRAP :(

I was was looking at the page, and I refreshed it not long later for some odd reason.. and bang there was deluxe.. I went ahead and bought it right away (this was almost 24 hours ago for me) ... And here it is free!

Thats something that shouldve been said on the info page.. maybe it was and I didnt see it.. :( Gonna look now...

Draeus
November 27th, 2012, 13:15
Omw home from my hols to an early Xmas pressy! Yay cheers :)

kalmarjan
November 27th, 2012, 14:36
Valarian,
kalmarjan,

In the FG settings dialog, you can enter your FG login information, and the updater will automatically check and update products from our store (including SW ruleset). The age of your current install does not matter.

The updater does not force you to login, though I should probably add a dialog somewhere to let people know that feature is available if they provide their FG site login.

Also, not all of the store products are available through the updater yet. We have been moving products to the new updater as they have been updated (like the SW ruleset).

Cheers,
JPG

Oh wow, am I out of the loop or what??

I didn't know about the settings box, and I don't have login information... is this a new thing?

Plus, when I update, it says to me:

Checking package SWK01 for updates

Then nothing happens.

Moon Wizard
November 27th, 2012, 18:45
You should download the latest web installer from the Downloads section of the web site and run it. I have been slowly adding new features to the updater, including better error reporting and handling. The login you use for the updater is your FG web site login for forums and store.

Regards,
JPG

Valarian
November 27th, 2012, 21:02
I'm not sure if DriveThruRPG purchases will show up. Does it show up in your order history in the FG store? If not, then it won't show up in the updater, and you send send a quick note to Doug at [email protected]

There's an updated file in the DriveThruRPG library, which I've now downloaded and installed. Many thanks.
The Digital Adventures purchases don't appear in the FG Store list.

dberkompas
November 28th, 2012, 07:22
Nothing to see here, move along.