PDA

View Full Version : 50 Fathoms

Draeus
November 25th, 2012, 18:44
I've noticed there are three items in teh store for 50 Fathoms.

Players Guide
Explorers edition
and another setting.

What of these do i need?

Doswelk
November 25th, 2012, 19:14
I've noticed there are three items in teh store for 50 Fathoms.

Players Guide
Explorers edition
and another setting.

What of these do i need?

There are four items when you search for 50 Fathoms: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/?search=50+fathoms&sys=-1&pub=-1&typ=-1&x=0&y=0&sort=1

A little history... many years ago 50 Fathoms was released for Savage Worlds, at the time I think it was using the Revised rules. Later on a companion was written for 50 Fathoms this added more information on locations, edges, hindrances, Savage Tales and mini plot point campaign.

Savage Worlds was updated to SWEX and again updated to Deluxe, 50 fathoms was re-released for the new Deluxe rules (confusingly called the Explorer's Edition due to the size of the book not the ruleset), this version included the companion and IMHO is the prettiest role-playing book I have ever seen!

Now back to FGII...

The Savage Worlds: 50 Fathom's Player's Guide is the FGII version of the Savage Worlds Deluxe version of 50 Fathoms, this includes it everything that is in the Player's section of the 50 Fathoms book.

The Savage Worlds 50 Fathoms Explorer's Edition on FGII includes both the Players Guide and the GMs guide and the theme.

The Savage Worlds Setting: 50 Fathoms for Fantasy Grounds is a conversion of the original version of 50 Fathoms, this does not include the companion and does not include the theme.

The Savage Worlds 50 Fathoms Online Gaming Tokens are the 50 Fathoms figure flats converted to tokens for FGII.

So I suspect (assuming you have already got the Savage Worlds ruleset) you will want to get the Explorer's Edition, this is what the GM needs.

Hope that helps.

Draeus
November 25th, 2012, 19:37
Just what I needed to know. Thx!

scionofnyarlathotep
November 25th, 2012, 20:11
Just what I needed to know. Thx!

Colour me interested if you're going to be running 50F. Really enjoyed last week's supers :)

Draeus
November 25th, 2012, 20:24
ok I will hold a spot! Glad you enjoyed it :)