PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting: Friday Night Greyhawk [Pathfinder] Campaign

JohnD
November 25th, 2012, 03:58
Hot on the heels of a bi-weekly 3.5e Saturday campaign, and a more or less bi-weekly Rolemaster Wednesday campaign, I'm looking to recruit a few people for a potential Friday campaign using Pathfinder rules (using 3.5e is also an option - still TBD at this point).

If it gets going, this game will be a twin to my existing 3.5e campaign (i.e. it's the same adventure meaning less development time - the only way I could realistically take on a 3rd group...) and run, more or less, every 2nd Friday from 8 PM - 11 PM (could start/end 30 minutes earlier/later) Central time (UTC -6:00). We'll use the Community TS3 server for voice communication.

I potentially have three players already. Looking for up to three more, targeting people interested in playing Fighter, Cleric or Wizard types or other classes not already spoken for (Rogue, Monk and Druid are reserved - but naturally this might change).

My ideal players would be: mature, reliable, easy going, have a sense of humour and be more concerned with the story and their character than now many XP those Yellow Musk Zombies are worth. Bonus points if we've played before and you've proven to be easy to get along with. More bonus points if you have experience with the Pathfinder iteration of the rules.

My goal is to find players who from the outset are looking for an ongoing, long term campaign to stick with and make a staple of their gaming schedule. If you're a 30s+ "old time" gamer, with real life responsibilities and commitments, possibly a family to cram in your gaming fix around, this might be the game for you.

Experience using FG is obviously a plus, but it isn't necessary (you'll just learn as you go).

Setting is Greyhawk in the Common Year 579. Character options are restricted to the Pathfinder Core Rulebook only (may allow racial feats as per SRD site). Characters are built using the 20 Point Buy method from Pathfinder and start play at 2nd level with 625 GP with which to purchase equipment.

I use Hero Lab so PCs will be built in it and imported into FG directly. If you don't have HL I'm happy to generate a draft PC and email you a pdf summary upon which you can make changes.

The wife thinks I'm crazy for gaming so much and she's probably right. :)

I'm hoping to have the first game session by mid-December. Those interested can post here or send me a PM (or both if you want).

reddogg48801
November 25th, 2012, 06:13
My Wife and I would be interested in playing in your game if you have room for both of us. One of us would go fighter and then the other could go either wizard or cleric depending on what was needed. We both know 3.5 really well, so pathfinder should be easy enough to pick up and we have all the pathfinder books to study in the mean time. I have a few more questions, particularly about the community TS3 because we do not know what that is. If you could send us a draft to the Hero Lab that would be appreciated. [email protected] is the email you can send it to. Thank you!

damned
November 25th, 2012, 06:17
Now you will just go and make JohnD mad by showing off and turning up with your wife :)

Trenloe
November 25th, 2012, 06:21
I have a few more questions, particularly about the community TS3 because we do not know what that is.
Details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17071

The Kor
November 25th, 2012, 14:21
I am interested. I'm an old-timer as well (1982). I switched to Pathfinder from 3.5 several years ago, and have DM'd Council of Thieves, Rise of the Runelords, and several PFS scenarios for my regular weekly group here in Michigan.
I've been away from FG for about a year now (played a long campaign and DM'd a 3.5 homegrown Realms game). Nothing recently seemed to fit my schedule. Old school Greyhawk sounds like fun.
I'll play whatever is left...no worries.
I don't have hero lab (waiting for iPad version to release).
I've not used TS3 either, but I'm familiar with Vent and others, so ill get up to speed before the game.
Thanks for posting this! :)

Sean

grimmreaperme
November 25th, 2012, 15:48
Yeah, this is reddogg48801's wife and I would definitely love to play. He is our normal group's DM, so it would be nice to have a chance to have him as a player and play beside him for a change. :D

Rondor
November 25th, 2012, 16:32
I would also be interested in this campaign. I am clearly on the long side of 30+ with wife and kids :-) I have HL and FG2 but could use a little more FG experience to be truly smooth at it.

I would play just about any character the group needs too. They all are fun.

Be well!

JohnD
November 25th, 2012, 17:31
Well, I go to sleep and this is what happens. Caring for replies now.

Invites sent to campaign page. If you click on GameCalendar at the top of the FG forums you'll see the game listed at the top of your screen... you need to go in and accept the invite to access the GM Announcements etc....

JohnD
November 25th, 2012, 17:34
I am interested. I'm an old-timer as well (1982). I switched to Pathfinder from 3.5 several years ago, and have DM'd Council of Thieves, Rise of the Runelords, and several PFS scenarios for my regular weekly group here in Michigan.
I've been away from FG for about a year now (played a long campaign and DM'd a 3.5 homegrown Realms game). Nothing recently seemed to fit my schedule. Old school Greyhawk sounds like fun.
I'll play whatever is left...no worries.
I don't have hero lab (waiting for iPad version to release).
I've not used TS3 either, but I'm familiar with Vent and others, so ill get up to speed before the game.
Thanks for posting this! :)

Sean
Ah... you could be the resident Pathfinder guru then if you don't mind advising on rules etc.... :)

JohnD
November 25th, 2012, 17:52
At this point with the four expressions of interest here, and the three people I had from the start, the campaign is likely full.

However, if anyone else is interested, please post and I'll work my way through the list in the order of your posting if any spots open in the future.

The Kor
November 25th, 2012, 20:19
Ah... you could be the resident Pathfinder guru then if you don't mind advising on rules etc.... :)

Heh. As long as we've been at this, sometimes it's tough to remember what's what! It did take me a while to purge the 3.5 rules that changed in PF, but I'm there. I will help out any way I can O wise and benevolent DM!

JohnD
November 25th, 2012, 21:03
99% of my rules experience is with AD&D and 2nd edition so I still find myself thinking in those terms and asking people how whatever the situation is translates into the newer iterations of the rules. So, input from players is not something that threatens me (and I welcome it).

JohnD
November 26th, 2012, 23:04
I guess we could open this up for one more person.

Would need to be someone willing to play a race/class that isn't well represented in the existing group (in addition to what I outlined in my original post).

While still a little bit up in the air, current classes are: Fighter, Abjurer (Wizard), Cleric of Fharlanghn, Rogue, Druid & Monk or Ranger. The first three are confirmed... the last three have been spoken for but nothing has been generated/finalized/approved yet.

JohnD
November 28th, 2012, 17:56
OK - assuming everyone sticks, we're at capacity for players right now.

Anyone interested should post here and PM me in case spots open up.

Gadreun
November 30th, 2012, 08:21
Hi John,

I missed this post entirely until tonight!

Im very interested in joining - i can and will play a sewer rat if you needed it! I can play any class or race you need. I am happy to be on standby and check in week to week if someone doesnt make it and play either a sub in char or an NPC type character.

I have played with you once i think in a PF society game.

regards
Gad

JohnD
December 1st, 2012, 00:33
Hi John,

I missed this post entirely until tonight!

Im very interested in joining - i can and will play a sewer rat if you needed it! I can play any class or race you need. I am happy to be on standby and check in week to week if someone doesnt make it and play either a sub in char or an NPC type character.

I have played with you once i think in a PF society game.

regards
Gad
One person on the reserve list. :)