PDA

View Full Version : Newb Question on installing campaigns/adventures

Rondor
November 24th, 2012, 17:47
Hi All:

I just bought a couple of adventures from FG and they came as application files. When I ran the apps they say they istalled and they show up when I looked in the structure.

They originally showed up in the add-ons' folder. I tried to drop them in 'campaigns' folder but they still dont show up.

I also ran updates to see if that would help.

No luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thee are 3.5/Pathfinder adventures.

Rondor
November 24th, 2012, 19:37
Amazingly fast help from support and my newbness is solved.

damned
November 24th, 2012, 23:37
You aret the first and you wont be the last who needed help getting modules to appear - post the solution in case someone else in that position finds this thread in the future :)

ddavison
November 25th, 2012, 01:10
The question Rondor had was about how to get them to show up after installation. My instructions were to open an existing 3.5/PFRpg campaign or start a new one and then activate the module within the Library | Module Activation window so they would show up. After doing that, there would be new tabs under each section: Story, Items, Images, NPCs, etc.

That is one of the downsides of moving the Module activation under the Library section. It isn't the most intuitive place to go when you want to activate a token module, map module or adventure module.

Rondor
November 25th, 2012, 02:08
Doug beat me to it but there you go.

Hope that helps other newbs like myself.

Doswelk
November 26th, 2012, 19:10
That is one of the downsides of moving the Module activation under the Library section. It isn't the most intuitive place to go when you want to activate a token module, map module or adventure module.

I have to admit it took me a while the other day to work that out (cannot remember why I was trying out 3.5e), and I would not like to think of myself as a newbie :p