PDA

View Full Version : Help

Djmaxx
November 22nd, 2012, 14:54
I an apart of the D&D NEXT playtest group and am running a face to face game and was wanting to know if there is a verision for FG2. If there is were can I get it.

Moon Wizard
November 22nd, 2012, 23:16
There is not currently a ruleset for D&D Next. Given the fluid nature of playtest rules, it's unlikely that there will be availability until closer to the D&D Next product launch.

Several users have noted that they are using the 3.5E ruleset to track information currently.

Regards,
JPG

Mgrancey
November 26th, 2012, 04:45
yep. unfortunately, as I understand it, due to the playtest rules you can't share files if you've created them.

Djmaxx
November 26th, 2012, 13:24
How would i use the 3.5 ruleset to track. I realy like the D&D NEXT setting and would like to try running something on FG2 if able so if someone could help me figure out how to do this that would be great.

Mgrancey
November 26th, 2012, 14:24
Its not hard really, but unless you are going to edit character sheets somethings will just have to be remembered. I usually use PFRPG over 3.5 as certain aspects work better such as rank 0 spells being limitless.

I haven't gone over new playtest indepth as I am busy with school, but:

Skills just put training value in the ranks modifier and make new skills for ones that you need to; DON'T mark them as class skills or you get the bonus in PFRPG
When adding armor subtract 10 from value and if heavy add a negative mod == to dex
Just create spells as they are needed, anything that is limitless should be added as a RANK 0 spell

that's alll i can remember at this time, if I do remember more I'll post later

Djmaxx
November 26th, 2012, 15:03
Its not hard really, but unless you are going to edit character sheets somethings will just have to be remembered. I usually use PFRPG over 3.5 as certain aspects work better such as rank 0 spells being limitless.

I haven't gone over new playtest indepth as I am busy with school, but:
Skills just put training value in the ranks modifier and make new skills for ones that you need to; DON'T mark them as class skills or you get the bonus in PFRPG
When adding armor subtract 10 from value and if heavy add a negative mod == to dex
Just create spells as they are needed, anything that is limitless should be added as a RANK 0 spell
that's alll i can remember at this time, if I do remember more I'll post later

ok thanks I'll be looking for you next post :)

Mgrancey
November 27th, 2012, 20:52
Hmm. After looking at newest playtest again, I would also like to point out that fighter and rogue Expertise dice could be setup as powers (again as 0 levels in PFRPG) using the effect to add to self for 1 roll the dice effect such as when they can add dice to their attack. as such:

ATK: 1d6;
SKILL: 1d6 Stealth;

or could use which would automatically add it to their outcome.