PDA

View Full Version : New GM Looking for Players

Djmaxx
November 22nd, 2012, 14:45
Hi guys I'm new to GMing on FG2 and will be trying to running a game this weekend.
The system will be Pathfinder and I am not sure how long the game will last do to scheduling. The game will be "Well Met in Kith'takharos" do to the fact that I'm still learning the system from the GM's side of the table and I would like to run something pre-made to help me learn how to run that type of adventure.

Character gen will use the point buy (20 points to use).
You will need to make your own character.
Starting wealth will be the average (out of the book) You will get your gear form the starting wealth.

I will try an run something on Saturday ( 11/24/12 ) 5:00PM (CDT)
We will be using Teamspeak server or Dolby Axon
https://axon.dolby.com/download_sign_up.php<--- This link will start the download.

Here is the link for the game calender.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=935

Valarian
November 22nd, 2012, 15:02
More information might be useful to prospective players.
- Will this be using voice-chat, or the FG2 chat window?
- Is the time slot during the day or in the evening?
- Will there be pre-generated characters if players don't have their own?

I don't have Pathfinder but I could be interested if it's a UK friendly time slot. My availability is fairly limited (around 8pm to 11pm). I'd be interested in text chat, though possibly voice (I find not being able to see the people I'm talking to weird).
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20121124T20&p1=297&ah=3

Djmaxx
November 22nd, 2012, 15:16
I don't have Pathfinder but I could be interested if it's a UK friendly time slot. My availability is fairly limited (around 8pm to 11pm). I'd be interested in text chat, though possibly voice (I find not being able to see the people I'm talking to weird).

The time can be adjusted to the needs of the players if able and I would like to use TeamSpeak or Dobly Axon for voice. Dobly Axon is a free download form

https://axon.dolby.com/download_sign_up.php <--- This link will start the download.

JohnD
November 23rd, 2012, 14:14
You're better off with one less extra download for people - use the community TS3 server - it's there already and many people are already configured for it.

Djmaxx
November 23rd, 2012, 14:35
You're better off with one less extra download for people - use the community TS3 server - it's there already and many people are already configured for it.

We can use TS3 thats not a problem I just wanted people to know that there are options for it also Dolby has some very good features.

Djmaxx
November 23rd, 2012, 14:50
Hey Guys If you would be so kind and Post your Characters on here so I can up load them. Try to have it on here by 12:00 PM (CST)

Also can you e-mail me a copy of the picture you are going to use for the character so I can make the tokens.

Djmaxx
November 23rd, 2012, 15:33
If you want to make your character in FG2 the server will be up from 10:00 AM (CST) to 2:00 PM (CST).

CrimsonCrust
November 23rd, 2012, 16:22
I have free Team Speak for 40 players we can use. I am in the central time zone in the USA.

*I own the team speak so I can give you admin rights.

Djmaxx
November 23rd, 2012, 16:27
I have free Team Speak for 40 players we can use. I am in the central time zone in the USA.

*I own the team speak so I can give you admin rights.

FG2 has its own server that is free for anyone to use and if i create a room on it I"ll have admin for that room.

CrimsonCrust
November 23rd, 2012, 16:30
Sounds good man. What's the login for the server?

Djmaxx
November 23rd, 2012, 16:37
Sounds good man. What's the login for the server?

fgts.servegame.com

JohnD
November 23rd, 2012, 17:57
Community TS3 server information here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17071

CrimsonCrust
November 23rd, 2012, 18:21
You drop? I will upload the pic when we start playing.

Have a good one.

-Le Crust

Djmaxx
November 23rd, 2012, 21:44
Hey guys I just got my internet fixed so the FG2 server is up and will be up for the next few hours

CrimsonCrust
November 23rd, 2012, 22:05
Hey I am in, but the char I created this morning is afk from life. Anyway to revive him? Or am I rebuilding?

Djmaxx
November 24th, 2012, 04:07
You should have been able to load it now that i got the server back up

Djmaxx
November 24th, 2012, 15:46
The Game will be held next weekend on Saturday at 5:00 PM (CST) and go until 9:00 PM (CST) do to 1. Not enough people signed up and some people cant make it this weekend.

CrimsonCrust
November 24th, 2012, 18:30
I can't do Saturday, I am already in a group for this day. I am going to have to pass on this campaign if Sat is the day.

Djmaxx
November 24th, 2012, 23:09
Canceled do to lack of interest.

damned
November 24th, 2012, 23:30
Hey DJ - dont be too doscouraged - sometimes you have to try a few times to get your game off the ground...

JohnD
November 24th, 2012, 23:41
You really need to pick a day/time and try to stick with it. Switching from a Saturday to a Monday, with a 5 PM start time to boot (when many people are still either coming home from work or school) makes it difficult for anyone to consider committing to a game.

Give some thought to when you want to DM and what a reasonable start and end time might be (I'd suggest 4 hours is about the max the average person can sit around in one go from my experience), and start recruiting... expecting a full player list in just about two days is unrealistic, especially when you are just starting out IMO.

Had you stayed with the original Saturday (i.e. tonight), I could have joined to give you some DMing walk-through pointers and tips, but Monday night is a non-starter for me in my particular situation.

Djmaxx
November 25th, 2012, 01:39
The point of this game was to help me get use to Gming so i was trying to find a day when everyone could play.

damned
November 25th, 2012, 02:15
You only need 1 or 2 players to help you do this.
Have you DMd in RL before?
As John says - post a time with enough notice so that interested players can sign up.
Post a little detaail too :)

Djmaxx
November 25th, 2012, 02:29
You only need 1 or 2 players to help you do this.
Have you DMd in RL before?
As John says - post a time with enough notice so that interested players can sign up.
Post a little detaail too :)

Yes i have DMed out side of FG2

CrimsonCrust
November 25th, 2012, 03:14
Don't quit DJ. You da man.

Djmaxx
November 26th, 2012, 13:42
Hey guys I still plan on running something but It will be a home brew game. Home brew games are more my style. I will post something when I have it ready.