PDA

View Full Version : Combat Encounters button isn't visible

Slippy
November 12th, 2012, 20:35
I've actually been running games in FG for months now, and only recently needed to use the Combat Encounters feature to keep prepared encounters outside of the combat tracker due to not running strings of encounters in a dungeon crawl fashion. So... I started looking for it today, and it isn't there. I've got Story, Images and Maps, NPCs, Items, Notes, and Library. I'm running and up-to-date full version, and I'm completely clueless about how to get this one button visible. I suspect that this is an embarrassingly simple thing that I'm missing, but I could find a solution in my brief search through the forums and in reading the guide and its accompanying videos.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get the combat encounters button visible?

Zeus
November 12th, 2012, 20:52
If your referring to 3.5E/4E; select NPCs and create a new entry, open the entry and then select the Encounters tab (right hand side).

NPC and Encounter sheets were merged in a recent release.

Slippy
November 12th, 2012, 21:00
Haha... thanks, I never would have found it. I was taking direction from someone who hasn't been a DM in a while, so he wouldn't have known either.

Moon Wizard
November 13th, 2012, 01:11
Yeah, I'm not completely happy with the merging, but the sidebar was getting too crowded. It's the same for Items and Parcels too.

In the long term, we'll probably look at that interface again, to see if we can make encounters and parcels a little easier to find.

Regards,
JPG