PDA

View Full Version : unable to upgrade to full from lite

Niven81
November 12th, 2012, 01:22
Already purchased. when attempting to run the upgrade exe program I am told my version of Windows (7 x64) is not compatible. Help.

Trenloe
November 12th, 2012, 02:10
Already purchased. when attempting to run the upgrade exe program I am told my version of Windows (7 x64) is not compatible. Help.
Have you right-clicked on the installation program and selected "Run as Administrator"?

EDIT: Or, have you tried running the FGWebIntall.exe file available from the downloads link at the top of this page? Again, right-click and select "Run as Administrator"

Niven81
November 12th, 2012, 02:14
When I attempt to install it that way it tells me it cannot find the file.

Trenloe
November 12th, 2012, 02:18
When I attempt to install it that way it tells me it cannot find the file.
Sounds like your AntiVirus has blocked the file - make sure you don't have the file showing up as blocked in your antivirus and add an exception so that it doesn't block/quarantine it in future.

Moon Wizard
November 12th, 2012, 02:47
You should just be able to select the Settings button from the FG launch screen, enter your upgrade key in the correct field, select OK, then choose Update.

Regards,
JPG

Niven81
November 12th, 2012, 03:01
Unfortunately no key was provided when I upgraded just a link to a download.

Trenloe
November 12th, 2012, 03:07
Unfortunately no key was provided when I upgraded just a link to a download.
Go to the "store" page (link at the top of this page), click the "Order History" link (to the top right, then click on the order you placed - it should have "License activation code" in the order entry that you can enter.

Niven81
November 12th, 2012, 03:21
Go to the "store" page (link at the top of this page), click the "Order History" link (to the top right, then click on the order you placed - it should have "License activation code" in the order entry that you can enter.

I was hoping that would be it but no it isn't there.

Trenloe
November 12th, 2012, 03:26
I was hoping that would be it but no it isn't there.
What isn't there? The order or the activation code?

Also, you mention that you upgraded from lite to full - I wasn't aware there was a lite to full upgrade, did you just purchase a new full license?

Niven81
November 12th, 2012, 03:39
activation code.

There is. There is an option on the splash page when you load fg.

Trenloe
November 12th, 2012, 03:45
activation code.

There is. There is an option on the splash page when you load fg.
OK, well in that case you've probably missed the information asking you to email your current license code to [email protected] - as I'm guessing it is the same as an upgrade full to ultimate. You will usually get a response in around 24 hours with your new full license key.

Niven81
November 12th, 2012, 04:23
OK, well in that case you've probably missed the information asking you to email your current license code to [email protected] - as I'm guessing it is the same as an upgrade full to ultimate. You will usually get a response in around 24 hours with your new full license key.

Nothing was stated but I just did it so ... fingers crossed.

Moon Wizard
November 12th, 2012, 20:00
You should have received an email with the license code after the original order, but I responded to your direct message as well.

Happy gaming,
JPG

Niven81
November 24th, 2012, 23:00
Problem solved thanks to you guys and the wonderful CS from smiteworks. In the end I had to uninstall and reinstall a different version of the client to get it to work.