PDA

View Full Version : Created .monster File Converter (Adventure Tools)

valeros
November 11th, 2012, 17:38
I created a program to convert .monster files from the Adventure tools to a FG module. I was converting files from the old Monster Builder, but it seems to work against files created using the new Silverlight monster builder. Requires .NET 4.0 or higher.

The program parses all "*.monster" files in the directory from which it is run.

It is not perfect, but it gets most of the info into a monster/NPC record.

Griogre
November 11th, 2012, 23:08
Nice work Valeros, I'll have to check this out later.

Torgaard
November 13th, 2012, 21:16
Ohhh, can't wait to try this one!

Sharpevil
November 21st, 2012, 00:54
So wait, it works well with the old builder, but not the new one? Hm. I don't have the old one...

valeros
November 21st, 2012, 03:30
It should work with the new monster builder as well. But I only tested it against a few monsters with the new builder so I cannot guarantee it works in all cases. If you send me some monsters that do not work, I will see if I can quickly fix the program.

Sharpevil
November 21st, 2012, 23:18
Ah, I forgot to ask: Where do you put the folders the application puts out?

valeros
November 22nd, 2012, 00:25
Use the FGPEMUtility.exe (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FGPEMUtility.exe) to convert resulting directory to an actual .mod file.

You must then manually move the .mod file to your "modules" folder.

Sharpevil
November 22nd, 2012, 01:34
Alright, I've done that. And I moved the resultant .pak file to my modules folder. Now what do I do, though? It's not listed as a module in FG, and certainly not listed as an npc.

Trenloe
November 22nd, 2012, 02:23
Alright, I've done that. And I moved the resultant .pak file to my modules folder. Now what do I do, though? It's not listed as a module in FG, and certainly not listed as an npc.
Select ".MOD" as the package extension (drop down box after the package filename).

Sharpevil
November 22nd, 2012, 02:43
Thanks, that worked perfectly.