PDA

View Full Version : PFS #3-19: The Icebound Outpost Friday 11.00pm GMT

Skellan
November 9th, 2012, 00:42
Pathfinder Society Scenario #3-19: The Icebound Outpost
Friday 9th November 11.00pm GMT
Character levels 1 to 3: Tier 1-2
Run time: Approx 5 hours

The Pathfinder Society discovers an Aspis Consortium base in an ancient Vudran temple now encased in a glacier and sends the PCs to infiltrate it and investigate the extent of the rival organization's regional operations. Can the PCs get in the well-guarded Aspis outpost and escape with their lives and the information the Society seeks?

Please sign up on the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=921)and post your character and previous chronicle to this forum to book your place at the table for this scenario

Sorry this is short notice but I have only just found out I am free at this time.

Bloodlust
November 9th, 2012, 02:48
Seeing as this was run at tier 1-2 just recently (last month I think) can this one please be the higher tier?

Gwaihir Scout
November 9th, 2012, 02:51
I believe I'll be able to play, but I'll need to go figure out what I'll play at that level.

Skellan
November 9th, 2012, 03:00
I was going to post a tier 4-5 session for sunday if you can make that?
If more people want to play this one at 4-5 though i am happy to do that

Bloodlust
November 9th, 2012, 03:36
This time is a heck of a lot more convenient as it is not the middle of the night right before work hahaha.

CrazyYodler
November 9th, 2012, 05:00
Quite new to Society, but i have a level one character ready if you wanted me to toss 'er in.

Cleric 1

Skellan
November 9th, 2012, 10:10
You are welcome to join. Could you post your character here and sign up on the calendar please?

Skellan
November 9th, 2012, 10:19
Don't worry if you have hassle doing this, I am happy to help. Has your cleric played before or is it a new character?

Skellan
November 9th, 2012, 12:38
Ok, this one will run at tier 1-2 as planned as the majority of characters are low level. Bloodlust, i will run this at 4-5 on another day for you mate

Blackfoot
November 9th, 2012, 12:54
I will bring along Garbunkle.
Garbunkle
PFS# 39241-4
Level: 2
Class: Two Weapon Fighter
Race: Gnome
Faction: Grand Lodge
Starting Gold: 1165.4gp
XP: 4
Fame/PP: 8/8
THIS Chronicle will be 5.
-----------
My daughter will also be joining us.
Daleya
PFS# 59774-1
Level: 2
Class: Alchemist
Race: Elf
Faction: Sczarni
Starting Gold: 680gp
XP: 3
Fame(PP): 5(5)
THIS Chronicle will be 4.

Gwaihir Scout
November 9th, 2012, 14:59
I'll play my witch. Her chronicles need some straightening out before I can give them to you; I probably won't get to it before the game starts.

Skellan
November 9th, 2012, 15:42
Thanks for that
No worries, just do the chronicles when you get chance, I am not being an ogre about it.

JohnD
November 9th, 2012, 16:56
If only this started a few hours later... oh well. :)

Skellan
November 9th, 2012, 17:14
Sorry John. I will do a later session, but I cant this week as I have some things to do the next day. Havent forgotten you tho!

Rose Claymore
November 9th, 2012, 19:28
I'd love to hop in another PFS game, but I've already done #3-19. In fact, it's one I've GMed as well. Not sure if I can make a game today anyway, but might on Sunday.

Gwaihir Scout
November 9th, 2012, 19:41
I don't think I'll be playing tonight after all. I'd like more of a free time buffer for something than this will give me. It looks like you've still got four players, so I'll hope to join you next time.

Gadreun
November 9th, 2012, 21:12
Im rolling out Flynn Stipplebuck Halfling Paladin Archer if youll have him - oh dear i think it starts soon? i thought on the calendar it said its a saturday 12pm game - is that in my time??? hmmm i might be too late i havent finished building him yet hehe

if the game is in 2 hours time or around then im HUGELY keen

JohnD
November 9th, 2012, 21:22
Sorry John. I will do a later session, but I cant this week as I have some things to do the next day. Havent forgotten you tho!
No worries... I don't really expect anyone to start a game at 0100. :)

Skellan
November 9th, 2012, 21:28
if the game is in 2 hours time or around then im HUGELY keen

Yes, the game is in approx 2 hours. Let me know if you need any help. Glad you can make it!

deguello
November 10th, 2012, 00:14
Posted toblisi

[MODERATOR] Moved from Game Announcement thread. Please keep game specific data/discussions in the thread specific to the game in question and not in the generic game announcement thread. Thanks.

deguello
November 10th, 2012, 04:09
Toblisi
PFS# 6413-2
Level: 3
Class: Barbarian
Race: Half-orc
Faction: Taldor
Starting Gold: 335
XP: 7
Fame/PP: 6/6
THIS Chronicle will be 7
-----------

Blackfoot
November 10th, 2012, 04:11
How does Toblisi only have 6 fame with 7 xp? That can't be right.. if you spend PP.. your fame doesn't go down... you can't really have less Fame than XP.. unless you are doing a lot of missions that give NO fame... I don't think there really are any... Even MotFF gives point of Fame/PP now.
Most Scenarios give 2 fame.

Rose Claymore
November 10th, 2012, 05:13
How does Toblisi only have 6 fame with 7 xp? That can't be right.. if you spend PP.. your fame doesn't go down... you can't really have less Fame than XP.. unless you are doing a lot of missions that give NO fame... I don't think there really are any... Even MotFF gives point of Fame/PP now.
Most Scenarios give 2 fame.
Don't know the actual circumstances, but season 3-4 scenarios only award 1 PP automatically. You must complete a faction mission to earn the 2nd. For seasons 0-2, you don't earn any PP automatically, and must complete 2 factions missions earning one PP each. Could be he's just not completing his factions missions.

Blackfoot
November 10th, 2012, 05:16
Sure.. but it's much more likely that it's an error.

deguello
November 10th, 2012, 14:23
Ok think about who Toblisi is in game..

Some of his factions rewards are quite complex. Well maybe complex is not the correct word but beyond Toblisi.

One was recover a tome of some sort. Toblisi spends no times in books. Pathfinder did grant him literacy. Its not really his cup of tea.

One of the other expenditures. You actually took part in.. Toblisi was hexed and blinded. I believe you have to expend 1 PP to cure that at the end of the scenario.
A blinded half-orc in the middle of a room filled with baddies and goodies alike.

Who ever authored that scenario. Did a good job. I enjoyed it. barely survived it.
only really over came all the objectives by working as a team.

Its correct Blackfoot.

Skellan
November 10th, 2012, 14:29
Toblisi is a great character, I love the way you play him and I hope to see him in another of my games soon.
One point though, while you may have spent Prestige on things, your fame total should be the maximum that you have earned, so this doesn't go down when you spend prestige on things. Not sure if this is included in your totals?

Blackfoot
November 10th, 2012, 14:29
Ok think about who Toblisi is in game..

Some of his factions rewards are quite complex. Well maybe complex is not the correct word but beyond Toblisi.

One was recover a tome of some sort. Toblisi spends no times in books. Pathfinder did grant him literacy. Its not really his cup of tea.

One of the other expenditures. You actually took part in.. Toblisi was hexed and blinded. I believe you have to expend 1 PP to cure that at the end of the scenario.
A blinded half-orc in the middle of a room filled with baddies and goodies alike.

Who ever authored that scenario. Did a good job. I enjoyed it. barely survived it.
only really over came all the objectives by working as a team.

Its correct Blackfoot.
Actually, fame and prestige are different, you never spend fame. Once earned it remains with your character. Prestige points are used to buy things.. like cures to blindness... so if you spent 1 PP to buy a cure.. you should have 7(6) Fame(Prestige).. keep in mind that fame limits what you can buy so you do what to earn as much as you can.

Damn.. he ninja'd me.

Skellan
November 10th, 2012, 15:00
Chronicles and characters from last night are located here (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8zzi0e4ob32tnzp/sqYGw75LRZ)

As ever, let me know if you want to make any purchases. Once everything is in order I will sign then to make them official

I will check Toblisi first before posting his chronicle and will pm Gadreun to get the chronicle applied to his new account/character

Thanks for playing everyone!

Blackfoot
November 10th, 2012, 15:11
Is it me.. or do these chronicles appear to be blank? :)

OK.. it's me.. you actually have to download it to see what's on the PDF... if you view it directly it comes up blank.

Gadreun
November 10th, 2012, 15:52
I have emailed you my Redwolfe.por file from Herolab - thanks Skellan - i Pm'd you as well.i better get some sleep! ill check everything out tomorrow and work out how to post xml properly.

Gadreun
November 10th, 2012, 20:15
Righto after much huffing and puffing and twitching i have completed Redwolfe :rv:

Blackfoot
November 10th, 2012, 20:29
Gad.. you won't actually need your .xml for Redwolfe until your first game playing him... so until then you can tweak him as much as you like. All you need at this point is a PFS # and a name for the character who played the Pregen (Redwolfe I assume). That character then starts play with the money from his chronicle plus the normal starting money (150gp).. cool huh?

Skellan
November 10th, 2012, 20:36
Its cool - you are all set now :)
I have made a reward chronicle for you in the drop box folder :) As Blackfoot says you can change him all you like until you reach 2nd level :)
I may re run one of my other modules soon if you would like

Gadreun
November 10th, 2012, 20:38
Oh wow nice - very cool - although i dont think id get another starting 150gp because i bought equipment and had 74g left and Skellan has merged that into my PFS chronicle which is cool - so i have 598GP for my first Redwolfe outing....honestly i cant wait to play him!

Gadreun
November 10th, 2012, 20:41
Its cool - you are all set now :)
I have made a reward chronicle for you in the drop box folder :) As Blackfoot says you can change him all you like until you reach 2nd level :)
I may re run one of my other modules soon if you would like

im free for the next 10 hours ...then ill have to wait til next weekend.

Gad.

Blackfoot
November 10th, 2012, 20:41
Huh? Your character should start with 524+150... 774gp with which to make his purchases.

Gadreun
November 10th, 2012, 20:43
Oh yes that makes sense ...start plus reward from adventure...sweet! But of course the geAr he is now wearing he would have to pay for right? Hmm just had a thought how and when do we level up?

Skellan
November 10th, 2012, 20:50
Oh yes that makes sense ...start plus reward from adventure...sweet! But of course the geAr he is now wearing he would have to pay for right? Hmm just had a thought how and when do we level up?

Yes that's right, you had 74 gp left after purchasing your starting gear. If you want to make any purchases though from the reward, just let me know and I will add them

Skellan
November 10th, 2012, 20:51
you get 1 xp per completed scenario and go up a level every three xp, so 2 more xp and you are 2nd :)

Gadreun
November 10th, 2012, 22:05
thanks guys

Blackfoot
November 19th, 2012, 00:35
Did Redwolfe ever get a final Chronicle for this one? The one in the Dropbox doesn't appear to be signed... and the 'starting gold' number I have for him from his second game doesn't quite match what is on his chronicle in the dropbox.

Skellan
November 19th, 2012, 02:27
Icebound was a reward sheet as he played a pregen for it. It is now signed, just apply it to the starting gold for your game. He had starting gold of 74.14 when I last saw his character but he could have changed it :)

Skellan
November 19th, 2012, 02:28
or apply it after :)

Blackfoot
November 19th, 2012, 02:44
I'm not sure my OCD can handle that... the bottom line on Chronicle #1 is supposed to be the top line on Chronicle #2.

Honestly, I'd think a PREGEN chronicle should have a starting gold of 150... that is the way I usually do it.

Skellan
November 19th, 2012, 03:58
hehe ok, I have changed the starting gold to 150gp :)

Gadreun
November 20th, 2012, 09:58
eep look at all the trouble im causing you guys!

Skellan
November 20th, 2012, 12:52
haha, no you are fine Gadreun, its more me :)