PDA

View Full Version : List of skins for 3.5/Pathfinder ruleset?

lachancery
November 7th, 2012, 03:49
I searched this forum for a bit to find a list of "skins" to change the look of the 3.5/Pathfinder ruleset. I did not find such a list. Are there skins made available for download?

Thanks.

gmkieran
November 7th, 2012, 15:33
Hey, lachancery!

Most people end up making their own and I haven't seen where anyone's really shared anything, either. They should be under the Extensions sticky if anyone does decide to collect/share them, as a skin is technically an extension. There are several threads around on building your own and I think there's even a wiki page. Dr. Z gave me some good info on what needs changed to make the 4e skin work in 3.5 in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16734

Cheers!
GMK

Trenloe
November 7th, 2012, 20:26
There are:

The Wood Theme (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17055)
Madman's Pathfinder them (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16967)e doesn't seem to be available any more.

There have been a few out there over the last year - it is just that most of them have used copyright material so haven't been distributed.

Skellan
November 9th, 2012, 01:25
The wood extension one is dead good, I will use that one

Gwaihir Scout
November 9th, 2012, 01:57
I like the themes, but they all seem to have the same problem in that the edges of the windows are wonky. If I want to change the shape of an image, I have to hover my mouse outside of where the corner of the window appears to be.

Trenloe
November 9th, 2012, 02:12
I like the themes, but they all seem to have the same problem in that the edges of the windows are wonky. If I want to change the shape of an image, I have to hover my mouse outside of where the corner of the window appears to be.
Does this happen to you in the Dungeon Theme supplied with Fantasy Grounds?

I've noticed a few of the themes do this and it is down to the size/dimensions of the frame edge graphics - I don't see it in the dungeon theme. So, in the end, it is up to the individual theme designer to use graphics/dimensions that result in the edge of windows used for resizing being actually on the edge of the visible graphics and not somewhere outside.

Gwaihir Scout
November 9th, 2012, 02:17
No, the default one doesn't have the problem, which is why I've stuck with it.

Trenloe
November 9th, 2012, 02:22
No, the default one doesn't have the problem, which is why I've stuck with it.
So, you're using the default one - that is, you're not loading an extension at all? The dungeon theme I was referring to is a theme that is provided as an extension - and gives a lot darker, blood on the desktop look.

Like this:

Gwaihir Scout
November 9th, 2012, 02:24
I've never tried that one. Didn't like the look of it, and frankly forgot it existed.

EDIT: Just went and tried it, and it did not have that issue.

Trenloe
November 9th, 2012, 02:28
I've never tried that one. Didn't like the look of it, and frankly forgot it existed.
LOL! :D

I liked it while I was running my players through the first part of the Pathfinder Adventure Path Carrion Crown - The Haunting of Harrowstone. It gave a very good atmosphere to the old prison... But, for general use, it can be a bit dark.