PDA

View Full Version : BRP-Dark Heresy

borusa32
November 3rd, 2012, 09:49
Hi all

I am converting Dark Heresy for BRP and I was wondering whether there are any thoughts on the best way to simulate corruption in BRP. The effects usually range from changing the thought processes of the victim through full possession and physical alteration turnig the victim into a warp spawned aboimination.

I assume a POW vs POW exercise on the resistantce table would be the starting point.

All help greatly appreciated

peterb
November 4th, 2012, 11:34
Are you familiar with the Call of Cthulhu rules? CoC uses the concept of Sanity. It starts at POW * 5 and can rise to max 99. When confronted by horrors you roll d100 vs current SAN, if you fail you loose an amount of SAN. For example seeing a Zombie might cost you 1d6 san. The sanity rules are included in the BRP rules book so you'll have them right in your FG BRP ruleset... :)

/Peter

Trenloe
November 5th, 2012, 00:11
CoC SAN could work - if you wanted corruption to be harder to resist the more corrupt you were (lower SAN = more corruption). Also, using SAN = Corruption raises an issue: characters who start with a lower POW are going to essentially be more "corrupt" than those who start with a higher POW, even if they've never encountered any corruption.

Perhaps use SAN = Corruption as mentioned, but start everyone at 99 (or some predefined value appropriate for the character/s) rather than POW x 5. Then, depending on how you want corruption to affect more corrupt people or not - make rolls against the current corruption level (the more corrupt you are the easier it is to get more corrupt), or make POW vs POW resistance rolls to determine if corruption is reduced??