PDA

View Full Version : really new but willing 2 learn if can be helped

Hitsukun307
November 3rd, 2012, 02:53
i am very new got FG2 year or so ago and never could figure it out i prefer just to be part of a party and love being A druid/Elf so willing to play w.e as long as willing to bare with me and kinda help me learn sorry if 2 much xD also have full license version if not mistaken so dunno what can do but hopefully that helps also on minnesota time so as of this post it is 8:39pm

damned
November 3rd, 2012, 07:44
if you are not sure what you want to play I think the Pathfinder Society (PFS) games are probably your best bet. have a look at some of the info other new players have received recently for info on these games.
you build a character according to some strict rules and then you can use this character in various "one shot" scenarios that are typically completed in one 4 hour session. you can then take the character and all his new experience and toys into another session, maybe with a different DM even.

Hitsukun307
November 3rd, 2012, 17:16
thank you will take a look at that i sorta am use 2 3.5 and played 4 with my friends cept sadly besides for me and DM no one knew how to roleplay or make characters and put them well together xD so sadly one quest took us 5 sessions and it was just a training quest for them since they were really new xD well i will give it a go

John_Geeshu
November 3rd, 2012, 18:11
Another suggestion to make yourself more appealing as a player - and I am not saying this to be a wise arse - is to use capitalization, commas, and periods; and don't abbreviate "to" or "too" as "2" because RPGs often use Roman numerals for their system editions, thus using them unnecessarily can create confusion. "To" is just one extra character to type. The appearance of laziness in a text-based virtual table top is like the appearance of the plague face-to-face - I'll cross the street to avoid you.

Finally, bragging about how awesome you are or how terrible other players are is also a huge turn off for some GMs. We don't care how awesome you think you are. It's always better to leave out the editorializing until you have established your awesomeness first hand.

Hope you find a good group soon, and welcome.

GunnarGreybeard
November 4th, 2012, 07:23
i am very new got FG2 year or so ago and never could figure it out i prefer just to be part of a party and love being A druid/Elf so willing to play w.e as long as willing to bare with me and kinda help me learn sorry if 2 much xD also have full license version if not mistaken so dunno what can do but hopefully that helps also on minnesota time so as of this post it is 8:39pmUnless your schedule varies a great deal I would recommend adding into your signature the times you are available so potential GM's and other players can see that information.

Hitsukun307
November 8th, 2012, 23:32
nvm guys i realized that through what u guys said i have no hope i suffer from sever dyslexia and struggled with grammar my whole life and second wasn't trying to boast though i read it i looked much like i was sorry for the waste of time guys i just think should give up on the idea of FG2 my friends did help alot when we played PnP since i was horrible at spelling again i apologise

JohnD
November 9th, 2012, 00:13
You could always look for a game that uses voice chat instead of typing.

damned
November 9th, 2012, 00:36
sometimes finding a game can take a few weeks and you might get a few knock backs along the way. different gm/dms are looking for different types of players. most do want you to bring a certain degree of maturity to the table and maybe your typing wasnt showing that but keep on looking. did you check out any of the pathfinder society info?

Trenloe
November 9th, 2012, 01:11
nvm guys i realized that through what u guys said i have no hope i suffer from sever dyslexia and struggled with grammar my whole life and second wasn't trying to boast though i read it i looked much like i was sorry for the waste of time guys i just think should give up on the idea of FG2 my friends did help alot when we played PnP since i was horrible at spelling again i apologise
As others have mentioned, just look for a game which uses voice for communications - a lot of us aren't good at typing, or patient to wait for others to type; so many games use voice as the main means of communication/character role-playing etc.. That's certainly what I do for my games...