PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting for: NWoD Crossover Game

Retrokinesis
November 2nd, 2012, 20:39
Hey everyone, I will be DMing through FG a copy of my long-running in-person New World of Darkness campaigns. The setting is New York City (not the NYC from the Geist book though) and it's specifically designed for crossover games.

The basic idea is that, a few years ago, a Forsaken/Mage alliance drove most of the Pure out of the city completely. This led to a more general alliance of all the supernatural factions. None of them particularly LIKE each other, of course, but they recognize the value of cooperation.

The players would be part of a kind of small "UN peacekeeping force" that all the factions contribute to but don't particularly care about and it would be up to them to change that.

Characters of any major template except hunters would be allowed, and any minor template provided you can justify their inclusion. My NWoD games tend to be slightly more combat-heavy than most (though it's still secondary to RPing and character development) and a lot less brooding. Still dark, just no emo "oh woe is me" nonsense. The focus is on player agency and choice: I'm never going to tell you "No, you can't do that and ruin the entire game!" and I promise to roll with everything you do :P

I could post more specific setting information if requested. Would anyone be interested in this? I'm thinking maybe 4-6 players, FG only (no voice chat) with Obsidian Portal support. No prior experience necessary.

EDIT: As a side note, I also allow characters from the homebrew games Genius: The Transgression (mad scientists) and Princess: The Hopeful (magical girls), as they are both basically as developed as full gamelines by this point.

Blackfoot
November 2nd, 2012, 21:47
I might be interested.. depending on when you are looking to run...

Vemocleus
November 3rd, 2012, 07:23
I remember replying to this one a while back but never heard any response. I'd be very interested if it actually happened. I've been itching to put that Mage book I have to use for once.

Blackfoot
November 3rd, 2012, 14:56
I also have several of these books but have never used them.
Wraith, Changeling, something to do with Elementals... and the basic black book.

Vemocleus
November 6th, 2012, 05:37
Hmm, I remember there being more interest shown the first time you posted.

Spiritsoar
November 6th, 2012, 06:51
I'm completely new to the Fantasy Grounds community. I downloaded it a while back hoping to start a NWoD game that fell through. So I apologize if I'm asking questions that are answered somewhere. Playing in this setting would be interesting, but what time zone/day/how often would the game be played? I've always loved playing Mage.

Vemocleus
November 9th, 2012, 06:40
Been a week with 3 interested, any chance of this seeing light Retro?

Nilliom
November 14th, 2012, 23:22
Could be interested also, it would depend on when it would occurs and what time timezone

Blackfoot
November 15th, 2012, 17:13
The GM seems to have poofed on this one.