PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Players- War of The Dead- Looking for 5 players

GeekMessiah
November 2nd, 2012, 03:27
Please delete this thread. This game has been cancled

daddystabz
November 2nd, 2012, 03:29
I'm in! We have discussed it privately and I will be playing.

JohnD
November 2nd, 2012, 03:46
What is War of the Dead?

GeekMessiah
November 2nd, 2012, 06:19
What is War of the Dead?

War of the Dead is a zombie horror game using the Savage Worlds system

jasonthelamb
November 2nd, 2012, 06:58
Do you have any ideas of when you would be running these games?

Rochey
November 2nd, 2012, 19:35
Hi,

Interested but could you please confirm what time/day you would run the game ?

Thanks

adammar
November 2nd, 2012, 21:54
Also interested but need to be able to schedule it.

GeekMessiah
November 3rd, 2012, 00:31
Well lets talk about when is good for people. What days are you guys free?

jasonthelamb
November 3rd, 2012, 02:26
My best day is Friday after 5PM EST, I have a few other days available, but Friday is by far the best.

adammar
November 3rd, 2012, 04:06
I'm good Friday also but better after 9:00PM EST

daddystabz
November 4th, 2012, 03:11
War of the Dead is a massive zombie campaign inspired by Night of the Living Dead and The Walking Dead.

Here is a link about War of the Dead for some of you to research if you want to know more about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS60J-o_yt0

GeekMessiah
November 4th, 2012, 21:32
I can do Friday, though I someitmes do something on Friday which could be a pain/lead to cancellations.

Can anyone do Thursdays?

jasonthelamb
November 4th, 2012, 22:06
I play in a game Wed / Thurs / Sunday, so I can say those days are out for me.

Rochey
November 4th, 2012, 23:28
I can do mon-fri

Gmt+0

JohnD
November 5th, 2012, 01:14
Depending on the day and frequency, I am interested.

GeekMessiah
November 7th, 2012, 02:58
Since we are looking at either thursday or Friday, who can do Thursday and Who can do friday? If you can do both please reply both

jasonthelamb
November 7th, 2012, 03:10
Since we are looking at either thursday or Friday, who can do Thursday and Who can do friday? If you can do both please reply both

Friday ony

VarnFury
November 7th, 2012, 20:30
Depends on day and time. Friday i can do 9pm Est onwards easy... Thursday i'd say 6pm est onwards. Later is normaly better.

adammar
November 7th, 2012, 23:40
Friday after 9 est works well for me.

GeekMessiah
November 8th, 2012, 03:15
Ok, it looks like we are going to play on Friday. It appears we have one person who can play on friday but after 9est (which is ok since we can play late) but is there any chance you can play earlier?

Ok, if you are in for Friday let me know and we can get a player roster together and try to piece this together

JohnD
November 8th, 2012, 05:22
Is your planned frequency weekly or something else?

jasonthelamb
November 8th, 2012, 06:16
I can play Friday any time after 3PM, and can start as late (though I'd say 9PM at latest)

bennis1980
November 8th, 2012, 06:42
This campaign appeals to my inner zombie survivalist and I've wanted to play SW again.

Problem: I am GMT and the earlier the better on fridays, 4pm (EST) would be perfect for me. 9pm would be like 2am in the morning for me (I've done than one before :P )

VarnFury
November 8th, 2012, 07:12
I personaly cant do earlyer then 8:30 do my work on fridays.

bennis1980
November 8th, 2012, 07:16
I personaly cant do earlyer then 8:30 do my work on fridays.

No problem. You did call first dibs on it. It won't suit everyone.

daddystabz
November 8th, 2012, 18:35
I can possibly do Fridays.

GeekMessiah
November 10th, 2012, 19:27
So it looks like it's going to be Fridays at 9PM EST. Do we want to do it weekly or bi weekly?

JohnD
November 10th, 2012, 21:34
Personally, I'd love weekly but being practical, bi-weekly is probably best.

jasonthelamb
November 10th, 2012, 21:49
i can do weekly

adammar
November 10th, 2012, 22:08
I agree with JohnD. Can do weekly but understand the practicality of bi-weekly.

VarnFury
November 11th, 2012, 20:33
I'd personaly like weekly, as i sometimes forget if we skip games... but Bi-weekly is fine.

GeekMessiah
November 12th, 2012, 01:49
Ok, it looks like it is going to be Friday's weekly (to begin with) at 9pm until whenever you guys want to stop.

Let me know if you are able to do it by saying "I'm In"

jasonthelamb
November 12th, 2012, 02:31
I'm in... also, do we roll up characters for this? or how would we go about this?

VarnFury
November 12th, 2012, 06:48
I'm In as well.

bennis1980
November 12th, 2012, 08:19
Unfortunately too late for me (2AM GMT) :(

adammar
November 13th, 2012, 03:44
I'm also in

GeekMessiah
November 13th, 2012, 04:53
For Characters:

Everyone is going to create their own character and they will start at the base level (new characters). Please run by any specialty edges you plan to use.

The game starts on a cruise, so characters should be pretty normal people.

If you have any questions about character creation please let me know

GeekMessiah
November 13th, 2012, 04:54
So this is what we have so far:

Game Master: GeekMessiah

Players:

jasonthelamb

VarnFury

adammar

We have 3 players, we need a total of 5 to get started

jasonthelamb
November 13th, 2012, 05:04
Two things

1) i might be able to get a player or two, need to contact them on skype and see if they're available at the time.

2) I've never played savage worlds but I'm pretty quick to learn, I have hero labs to create a character; is there anything special i should know?

JohnD
November 13th, 2012, 05:07
I for one know exactly zero about this system and character creation, so some general information would be extremely useful.

I'm in but in all honesty I can't say that I'll be able to make every week without fail (wife is a non-gamer).

avro5731
November 14th, 2012, 02:07
Saying 9 P est Friday's? I wouldnt mine playing but Im with John and Jason. No exp playing and need more info.

jasonthelamb
November 14th, 2012, 04:10
Hey I attached the character I made in Hero Labs, I didn't know exactly how to spend the money, since I was thinking if we were on a cruise we wouldn't really have any weapons and such, and we may have more than $500 of equipment on us.

You can PM me here or just tell me if anything's wrong.

VarnFury
November 14th, 2012, 11:31
I've played the first campaign book of War of the Dead but i missed the whole cruise ship part. The GM i had, allowed no gear or weapons at the very start of the game as it was survival, though he allowed an extra skill point in place. Personaly i'd allow anything you would carry on a trip... Camaras, clothes, bags, ect. if it makes any sense on the character.

I'd hold on til GeekMessiah gives the word on starting gear.

As far knowledge of the system, i'll help. Been playing it for years.

Here a small guide line.
Start -
15 skill points [1 point = tie in stat is under. 2 points = is over tie stat] (Ex: Agi is D8, shooting would be 1 point per skill up till D8. Over D8 it cost 2)
1=D4 2=D6 3=D8 5=D10

5 stat points [Str, Agi, Vig, Spirit, Smarts] (Start with D4 in each one, Each point raises it a dice)

1 Free Edge [for being Human]

Hindrances - You can have 1 major and 2 minor. They are set backs but allow for points. 2 minor = 1 point each, 1 major = 2 point. So you can have 4 points extra, they are spend on other things.
(1 Point = Gain another skill point or more cash. 2 points = Raise stat one dice type or another edge)

Pace = 6 steps +/- Another hindrance or edge
Parry = 2 + half Fighting. Target number to hit a hero
Toughness = 2 + half Vigor. Target number to Shake hero. Four over number is a wound, another four over is another wound. (IE. Toughness is 8. An 8 Shakes, 12 Wound, 16 [2] wounds)
Cha = Added to Persuasion and streewise. Edge and Hindrance change this.

VarnFury
November 14th, 2012, 11:48
You can PM me here or just tell me if anything's wrong.

new characters start with 0 Exp, yours is at 10 exp.
Gotta lower a stat down a dice and a skill point. Depeneding what you take off, need rework some the skills.

My suggestion is either
-Knock Agi to D8 , Shooting and Stealth to D8. Add a skill for D4
-Knock Sma to D6, Knowledge and Survival to D6, Add a skill for D4

If you really want to keep it, Take 1 Major Hindrance [for stat] and 1 minor [for the extra skill point].
or
Level up over time [Level 5 = Stat dice, Level 10= Skills points]

Only other thing i can think is maybe a backround story, to add flavor.

VarnFury
November 14th, 2012, 14:16
PM Sent to you Ryan.

jasonthelamb
November 14th, 2012, 15:07
Oh jeeze, for some reason I saved the Hero Labs XML when I was messing around with XP to see what it did...

there's the 0XP Edgar, and I have a backstory in mind, just waiting for some time to write it out.

GeekMessiah
November 16th, 2012, 02:58
Ok here are a few things I would like to cover.

1st) Please contact me regarding your characters and do not post them in the thread. I don't want the other players to know what you have, otherwise they might meta game which is no fun

2nd) You need to have the Savage Worlds Rules (Deluxe is prefered by explorers edition works as well)

If you have the rules but are new to the game that is fine, but you need to have the rules in order to create a character and know the basic rules. Its ok if you dont know them perfectly, I can work with that.

JohnD
November 16th, 2012, 15:31
I remain interested but have too many commitments on my plate, have no experience with SW ruleset, do not have the rules, nor do I have the inclination to buy them.

Thanks for the consideration though... I've long thought a game based on TWD would be cool to play... perhaps the situation will change in the future and I'll be able to commit.

VarnFury
November 20th, 2012, 02:48
Come on guys.. zombies... Friday

jasonthelamb
November 20th, 2012, 03:02
Yeah I'm with John on this one, sorry.

adammar
November 21st, 2012, 04:16
I'm still available

GeekMessiah
November 23rd, 2012, 05:16
Ok, well as of right now we have two users who can actually play and are committed and we need 5.

I will keep this going, but if we cannot get enough players to start the game by the end of the month, I will just drop this and move on.

avro5731
November 23rd, 2012, 17:54
Have to recant I cant make fridays now -- sorry

Hemophage
November 24th, 2012, 09:38
i think we should look for a new day. a Saturday or a Sunday would be preferable

bennis1980
November 24th, 2012, 10:41
I would be available if you ran it early on a saturday (it would suit GMT)

VarnFury
November 24th, 2012, 12:38
Weekends are normaly very open for me. Either day is fine though i do get the random "Come into work" but it pretty rare random.

GeekMessiah
November 25th, 2012, 02:28
Ok so we are going to try this again. Instead of Fridays we are going to try Saturdays or Sundays. Are people open for Saturdays or Sundays?

Hemophage
November 25th, 2012, 07:18
i am available 100% on sundays anytime and Saturday evenings. I am occasionally oncall Saturday during the Day,

bennis1980
November 25th, 2012, 07:27
Due to timezone, I am available Saturdays any time before 6pm (finish time)

I have another game Sundays

VarnFury
November 25th, 2012, 11:03
Right now my work has me going in on nights, but im just covering for a guys week... and week before they didnt want redo the hours (Had leave work for a week and half). So my hours should be back to normal... Saturday im free all day if that the case, if not... then before 4pm [Finish time]. i'll let you know later tonight ryan.

Also depending what we set for a time, i have a buddy that probly come in and play.

glacius
November 25th, 2012, 20:31
I can definately do a fri,sat or sunday

Hemophage
November 26th, 2012, 04:03
so by my calculations we are sitting at the following

Sat Morn - Hemo(nonregular cause of work) Varnfury, Glacius
Sat Even - Hemo, Glacius
Sun - Hemo, Varnfury, Glacius

we also have Avro and Adamar that have expressed interest but i dont know what times they are available.

VarnFury
November 26th, 2012, 06:17
Forgot Benny on Sat morning.
Also atm, my work has me on Sat nights.. not sure if thats going to stay, but im good as long it ends by 4pm

Hemophage
November 26th, 2012, 20:24
if Benny can play on sundays, that will give us 4 that can play on sundays. I think thats a pretty healthy group.

avro5731
November 26th, 2012, 21:52
between work and other stuff my weekends are full sorry

bennis1980
November 26th, 2012, 22:58
Just to check, is Benny my new nickname or is it someone else :P

I can't play Sundays unfortunately but early on saturday would be perfect

Hemophage
November 27th, 2012, 07:35
i think it is someone else. So Gm, we have to have 5? or can we run with less?

scofsins
November 27th, 2012, 10:55
I would like to play if there is still room.

Hemophage
November 28th, 2012, 03:59
what days are you available? and times?

scofsins
November 28th, 2012, 04:45
saturday and sundays
or late night friday after 10pm cst

adammar
November 28th, 2012, 05:50
Yea Weekends aren't that good for me, I could do a Sunday AM but where is the fun in that.

glacius
November 28th, 2012, 22:44
Really excited to play, how is it looking?

Hemophage
November 29th, 2012, 03:59
Updated list.

Sat Morn - Hemo(nonregular cause of work) Varnfury, Glacius, scoffinis
Sat Even - Hemo, Glacius, scoffinis
Sun - Hemo, Varnfury, Glacius, scoffinis, adamar

Adamar said he didnt like sund morn, but could play then, so if he is willing to accept the suck of sunday morning for the thrill of zombies boat ships then we have 5 for sundays. YAY!!!

GeekMessiah
November 29th, 2012, 06:07
So it looks like we have the following players for Sundays (which looks like the day the game is going to happen):

Hemo, Varnfury, Glacius, scoffinis, adama

I believe one of these people said they were limited on sunday. Is that correct? Is there anyone else who can play on Sunday?

glacius
November 29th, 2012, 06:08
Sunday is good for me

bennis1980
November 29th, 2012, 06:20
Updated list.

Sat Morn - Hemo(nonregular cause of work) Varnfury, Glacius, scoffinis

Adamar said he didnt like sund morn, but could play then, so if he is willing to accept the suck of sunday morning for the thrill of zombies boat ships then we have 5 for sundays. YAY!!!

Is there a particular reason you've ignored my posts twice saying I'm available Saturday mornings when producing the above list? If it happened only once I would have thought you just made a genuine mistake.

scofsins
November 29th, 2012, 10:28
im down with sunday.

Hemophage
November 29th, 2012, 20:12
Is there a particular reason you've ignored my posts twice saying I'm available Saturday mornings when producing the above list? If it happened only once I would have thought you just made a genuine mistake.

no there isnt, sorry. not sure why i didnt put you on there.

Hemophage
November 29th, 2012, 20:13
updated updated list

Sat Morn - Hemo(nonregular cause of work) Varnfury, Glacius, scoffinis, bennis

scofsins
November 29th, 2012, 22:29
I'm down for whenever but sat morning would work the best, but like I said I'm good with Sunday also

bennis1980
November 30th, 2012, 01:47
no there isnt, sorry. not sure why i didnt put you on there.

Okay, I forgive you just this once.

[voice of roman from Monty Python's Life of Brian] Now, don't do it again!

:)

scofsins
December 1st, 2012, 13:20
so are we doing this or what

Hemophage
December 1st, 2012, 19:50
waiting to hear from the gm.

GeekMessiah
December 1st, 2012, 22:10
Ok it looks like we are going to be playing on Sunday since that appears to be the day that works for the most players. Please email me your characters through the email option here (or PM me for my email address).

Please don't post characters here

GeekMessiah
December 1st, 2012, 22:11
So for the game we have:

GM: GeekMessiah

Players:

Hemo

Varnfury

Glacius

scoffinis,

adamar

I will accept one more player for a total of 6. So if you are interested let me know. If you are a player please send me your character via email (not here in the thread)

GeekMessiah
December 3rd, 2012, 05:54
Do you guys want me to have the server up one night so you can make characters? I can also be there so we can discuss things if need be.

Let me know if you want me to do that. I can do that, no problem

Hemophage
December 3rd, 2012, 06:17
i think that is a good idea. Also, what day is the planned start date?

GeekMessiah
December 6th, 2012, 06:17
i think that is a good idea. Also, what day is the planned start date?

That's a good question. I would need at least a week to make sure everything is as it should be. things in my life have been getting a little busy, so right now I am just trying to keep this together and get everything as it should be.

scofsins
December 10th, 2012, 11:14
any new info on this, yet?

VarnFury
December 10th, 2012, 15:19
I'd suggest to do it on a sunday to see who even shows up. We've had times where people are "ya lets do this" but dont show up on the day. So set a time for when we should play and we'll have it as a make a character with perhaps a intro tease.

Hemophage
December 10th, 2012, 23:25
well i hope everyone still shows up, there is a big of a lag time but looking forward to zombie sundays

Darkling420
December 11th, 2012, 19:17
I am definitely interested in this if you are still accepting a 6th player. I could do Sundays, but the time would be my only setback. What time on Sundays are you going to be running the game?

GeekMessiah
December 15th, 2012, 02:45
Just an update- I want this game to happen but I need to talk to a friend of mine about him possibly running the game for me.

More details soon

GeekMessiah
December 17th, 2012, 02:18
Would there be anyone open to taking over GMing duty for this game?

GeekMessiah
December 18th, 2012, 00:15
Just a bump- if you are interested in taking over GM duties for me, please PM me.

bennis1980
December 19th, 2012, 13:46
I'm sorry to hear that this game was cancelled. I have the War of the Dead modules myself and had plan to run it eventually once I get comfortable with the system.

Isembard
December 22nd, 2012, 03:28
Geek Messiah I've PM'd you on this bit could you confirm time zone as I forgot to ask. I'm in the UK so I'm not sure how that suits. Cheers.

GeekMessiah
December 22nd, 2012, 08:29
Go ahead and take over. I reached total burnout and I am selling all of my game material and leaving the hobby.

bennis1980
December 22nd, 2012, 09:37
Ouch - I've been there man. The pure exhaustion and dissolution. But don't sell all your material. I came back to it five years after a burnout. Put it into storage.

I do want to run a zombie apocolypse game (and SW suits the style perfectly) but I am waiting until I know the system much better. For anyone still looking for a savage game, there is a Sunday morning game starting on 30th Dec @ 12pm (GMT + 2), so that might suit you Isembard.

GeekMessiah
December 23rd, 2012, 00:12
Ouch - I've been there man. The pure exhaustion and dissolution. But don't sell all your material. I came back to it five years after a burnout. Put it into storage.

I have taken a break and came back, and now I am totally burned out. So I am selling it all and walking away. It's the best thing for me at this point. It was a good run but now its over.

bennis1980
December 26th, 2012, 08:18
I have started a short xmas campaign of War of the Dead for my family (while my brother is still home) and if all goes well I might start a full campaign on FG and everyone is invited (to be eaten by zombies :) )

daddystabz
December 30th, 2012, 20:06
When will you know if you will be running this online? I would like to get in on it.

Also, please.....all of you interested in playing in this campaign please PM me your email address and name, along with your Skype ID if you have one. I will add you to a contact list for mass email in regard to this game. I am going to try to get this coordinated so we can get the campaign off the ground. My Skype ID is warduke5150 if you would like to add me.

bennis1980
December 31st, 2012, 08:16
I haven't anything ready yet so would need a bit of time to create some modules and look for some maps. Maybe two months (to be honest)

daddystabz
March 6th, 2013, 14:48
Any interest in this still?

bennis1980
March 6th, 2013, 15:29
I'm working on creating the modules for this at the moment. The only problem is time. I've taken on alot of late, but when my schedule does free up I'll be ready to go with a ready made campaign.

daddystabz
March 6th, 2013, 15:49
How long are youj estimating to be done? Are you going to run a campaign of it once it is completed?

I'm working on creating the modules for this at the moment. The only problem is time. I've taken on alot of late, but when my schedule does free up I'll be ready to go with a ready made campaign.

bennis1980
March 6th, 2013, 15:54
That's the plan. Unfortunately, I don't have an estimate as to when my precious time will free up (I am working 12hr shifts and volunteering on days off and training for a big grading to boot!). I will post here when I'm ready though. I'm loving Savage Worlds and can't wait to try it from the other side of the playing table.

daddystabz
March 13th, 2013, 08:56
I am willing to run the game now if people are interested. Any of you still interested in playing this?

bennis1980
March 13th, 2013, 09:04
I don't mind if you want to go ahead without me. I won't have time for a while to take on another game (either as GM or player). Good luck with this (I suggest a new post to attract new players)

scofsins
March 13th, 2013, 10:22
What day and time?

daddystabz
March 13th, 2013, 22:16
We would try to set it to fit as many of the people that are interested as possible.

I will start a new recruitment thread for it here.