PDA

View Full Version : Edit formating of text sent via entry.text?

Blacky
November 1st, 2012, 11:07
A newbie question…

How would I edit the formating of strings displayed via the entry.text command?

I know I can use entry.font, but I need to change formatting (font, color, attributes such as bold or italic) on the fly, inside the same line; and if possible as child format of the main entry.font called.

Thanks a lot.

Blacky
March 15th, 2013, 19:04
No one? snif :(

Moon Wizard
March 15th, 2013, 22:19
Currently, once messages are submitted to the chat system, they are no longer accessible. The only exception is that you can drag the text (plus total modifier if any). Also, the chat messages only support a single font per line.

Depending on what you are doing, you may consider outputting multiple chat entries with no icon or sender or dice value to approximate multi-formatted entries.

There is a wish list where you can post your feature requests, and provide more detail on what you are trying to accomplish. Check my sig.

Regards,
JPG

Blacky
March 15th, 2013, 22:25
Thanks for the answer. I know about the feature request vote, I do use it, however since I'm not a ruleset developer, I want to be sure that I can't do what I would like before posting on it.

Is there a way to format something before sending it to the chat system?

Moon Wizard
March 15th, 2013, 23:25
You can set the font using the entry.font tag, and I believe you can use \r or \n to insert line breaks into a single chat entry.

Regards,
JPG