PDA

View Full Version : Equipped Weapon Question

HighNDry
November 1st, 2012, 08:37
Sorry to be a pest, but I've been struggling with this and have read the RMC manual and various threads without figuring it out. Making a Level 10 Fighter for my campaign and he has a 2 handed sword that adds an extra A critical when he crits.

Under the Inventory Tab, when I click on the sword it brings up its info window.
At the bottom it has two (Add Critical # Table) slots to enter them in, but I can't figure out how to.
Any help is appreciated.

bennis1980
November 1st, 2012, 13:36
Make sure you have the weapon dragged into the combat tab of the char sheet (or onto the attack list if it's an NPC) before you edit the weapon. I can go through some stuff with you on Sunday before or after the session if you like.

Dakadin
November 1st, 2012, 18:26
To fill in the table fields, you need to click the tables button in the upper right hand corner to open the Tables window. Then drag the link (a grey box) for the table you want to the table field of the weapon.

The Lvl Diff fields are so you can reduce the critical severity if needed. This allows you to setup a flaming sword that does an additional Heat critical 1 level below the attacks critical if you enter a -1 in the Lvl Diff field.

When resolving the attack the additional criticals will be radial menu options down and to the lower left. Right now they will always show up if you get a critical and give a message if the critical isn't the right level. This is changing in the next release so they only show up as radial menu options if at least an A critical is achieved.

It won't allow you to specify an does an additional A critical but it is possible to do it. If you leave the Lvl Diff at 0, you will get the option to use your additional critical table when you resolve the attack. Select the additional critical radial option. Then you will just have to select the A column.

HighNDry
November 2nd, 2012, 20:31
Thanks! I appreciate both your replies. Dropping from a table makes sense to me now. I was stuck trying to figure out how to click/right click on it.

Tiqon
November 7th, 2012, 15:00
Two thoughts about this:

1. I made a bow for a player. I store these in a itemcarrier character. When I added the bow to hsi character (combat) he could not use it as it said missing table. I could make an attack just fine. We sloved it by him logging out, deleting his Cache. Problem solves. Just for your information if you experience the same :).

2. A Question: What if I wanted eg to make a Fire sword, where the blade is JUST fire, that is I attack on the Broadsword table but it delivers ONLY fire criticals... How do I do that? What's the best solution?

bennis1980
November 7th, 2012, 15:30
1. When you add a weapon to the character's combat tab, you may need to readd tim to the combat tracker. Also make sure the weapon is originally from the weapon list in Arms Law before you edit it so the tables are set up. You have probably already checked these but I'm just trying to cover all bases. I think alot of these issues (syncing between char and CT) are improved in the next update (coming soon).

2. This is actually coming in the next update, with alternative criticals (with support for the Armory rules for alternative crits). You will also be able to use additional crits so the radial menu on the table resolver gives the option for a second custom critical. How do you set it up you might ask?

Simply open the weapon in the combat tab of the char sheet and you can drag your critical tables from the tables menu onto the relavent section of the weapon.

Tiqon
November 7th, 2012, 19:42
Yeah Bennis, we tried what you wrote,... try to reupdate, move char from tracker, add again. No luck. But thanks for your words :).

Im really looking forward to the next update, I hope it will come soon ;).

One more question if I might... Speaking of Inventory, all my players had that "OMG! MY ITEM JUST DISSAPPREARED!" experience when they tried to scroll the inventory list (I KNOW scrolling will be better in the next release :)) and the name of the item turns to a blank line. I was wondering about the purpose of this "feature", is it to be able to make more than one line for the name? IF so, I would actually prefer to have a set char-length on only one line... any comments guys? What do you think? Also with the new scrollable things, can I use my mouse wheel and if so what happens to before mentioned "feature" (yeah, me no likey :))

Ah! Now I'm here. I'm new so bear with me! :).

I wanted to make a +5 shield. So I dragged one from the item list in char law to my itemcarrier, they seem to work by giving eg 20 to melee and 15 to Missile. I added 5 to DB vs Missile and Melee, as I could see a normal one had 0 in those fields. But when my players looked at the shield in the combat tab after I dragged it from my itemcarrier to this character, the Bonus for Missile and Melee was gone and now was only 5. I just edited it and all was fine but I was wondering where I went wrong....?

I could use a small tutorial in making items, what the fields are for, how to edit them and what is automatically used by FG2 and what's not. I know there are changed in the new release and I'm not asking for a tutorial now, but the new release could use one I think... :).

bennis1980
November 7th, 2012, 20:10
I'm sorry I couldn't help. I will try to emulate bugs you described with the item creation (I haven't encountered that one).

Tiqon
November 7th, 2012, 21:39
The shield one?

The bow one is the only one I encountered on this one occasion, the other players who got some new toys had no problems :).

Dakadin
November 8th, 2012, 07:11
There won't be a complete rework of the items in the next release. It is actually a huge process with the way they currently are setup. I didn't want to hold up the release so I am going to do it at a future time.

RMC v1.4 needs FG v2.9.2 which is still in testing. I think there is an issue that they are still trying to track down where tokens being rotated is causing FG to crash in the test version.

For the flaming sword, I would add a Heat critical to Additional Critical #1 field. Then when resolving it just resolve the additional critical instead of the default critical.

The shields actually didn't have the correct values in the Character Law library so you need to manually add them. I've already corrected it in RMC v1.4.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Tiqon
November 8th, 2012, 07:43
Nice Dakadin! Thanks for your answer.

I didn't expect a total rework of items... I'm just happy for what we do get ;).